One Day Closer

By KeepOnSmiling

Ryan and Jessie Davis are a young married couple with two kids. Ryan has always wanted to be a soldier for th... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

twenty two

2.8K 58 0
By KeepOnSmiling

I ran my fingers through Cooper's hair as he laid beside me. He only goes to preschool on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so he was going to spend all day with McKinley and I today. "Mama." I heard him say. "Yeah?" I turned on my side so I could look at him. "I miss daddy." His big blue eyes met mine. "I do too but it's not going to be long until we see him again." He nodded and went to grab my hand.

"Can we pray for daddy? Like we do at church?" He asked and I felt my eyes widened. "Of course." I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers. "Dear God, please bring my daddy back home so he can take me fishing. Amen!" He said and I smiled. "Amen." I grabbed both of his cheeks before giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Let's go wake up sissy!" He climbed out of my bed and started running to McKinley's room. I wiped away some tears before following behind him.

Cooper and I went to Ryan's parents' store while McKinley was at my mom's house. They own a market where they sell fruits, vegetables, and jams. We like to go over and help out because of how busy it gets. "Hey Jess." Katie smiled and hugged me. "Hey." I smiled back before following her inside.

A few of their workers were finishing with putting out the produce for sale. "Hey Cooper!" Lauren smiled as he ran over to her. "Hi nana." He hugged her before she picked him up. "Are you excited to be in school?" She asked and he nodded before talking all about his school.

I checked out the last customer before telling them to have a good evening. I went over to the front door and flipped the Open sign to Closed before locking the door. "Closing up?" Matthew asked and I nodded. "Thanks for helping out kiddo, I really appreciate it. Cooper is eating pizza in the break room." He said and I smiled as he patted my back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 287 14
Brothers Sean and Norman are closer than close, have eachothers back on everything, Happily married Sean has it all, perfect home, perfect wife, perf...
4.3K 128 16
What do you do when you find your mate and find out she's already married to someone? Chaunsey Alvez is the chunky little white American mutt girl, w...
6.9K 204 12
A military wife. Pregnant. Home alone. No one knows what he does. But she stands by his side no matter what, even if it means losing him. This is a...
1.4K 56 28
Book 2 of the continuing story of the marriage of James Buchanan (Bucky) Barnes and Gail Richards Barnes as told by Gail. After a tumultuous five mo...