The Alpha's Daydream ✔️

By SeaOfGlass

I'm not sure I should be telling you this. Everyone else says I'm crazy, but you're my mate so I'll just say... More

~Aesthetics~
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
Sequel ~ The Alpha's Rogue

Chapter 64

2.7K 108 74
By SeaOfGlass

2146 words

Cool grass cushions my feet as I walk through the luscious meadow.

The grass lengthens with each step I take, until I am standing in a field with knee-high emerald blades and creamy-coloured pampas flowers brushing against my outstretched fingers.
Their soft, billowy petals are illuminated by the setting sun, casting them in golden hues with peach and violet accents.

I close my eyes and feel the sun's warmth on my face, breathing in the fresh air that carries hints of forest pines and chestnuts.

Chestnuts...

My eyes fly open, my heart stuttering in my chest.

Ahead of me, silhouetted by the bright sunset, is the man I have yearned for and dreamed about for so long. He is facing the glowing horizon, the light burnishing his black hair to a deep amber colour. The loose sleeves of his white button-up shirt flutter in the breeze, the colour contrasting against his golden tanned skin. He turns slightly, his face uplifted like mine to the gorgeous sky, and I marvel at the sharp and handsome lines of his face.

Before he even notices me, turning towards me with a boyish grin on his face, I am running. Running with excitement building in my chest, my arms pumping and my hair flowing behind me with abandon, as I close the distance between us.

I don't even give him a moment to brace himself as I jump into his arms, wrapping my own around his neck and burying my face against his shoulder. He places his hand on the back of my head and holds me close, as we breathe in each other's scents. After a moment I lean back and look up into his face, his lips parted in a broad smile that matches my own.

This close, I see how perfect his skin is, how unmarred and soft it is. Each angle and plane is chiselled with stunning design, his jaw sharp and his strong cheekbones high. His tousled inky black hair falls enticingly over his forehead, the waves tangling in the gentle breeze, and I am almost jealous of the wind's fingers that caress my mate so tenderly. Rising on my toes, I press my lips to his in a devoted kiss, and the feeling of his soft touch has me melting in his arms. He bands those strong arms around me tighter until I'm fitted perfectly against his body.

When we are both breathless, he breaks away reluctantly, still smiling. "I wasn't sure you'd come," he says softly, trailing light kisses over my cheek and to my ear. I shiver when goosebumps tingle down the entire side of my body from his tantalising touch.

"Why wouldn't I? I promised to be here before the sun set, Malachi," I tuck my head against his chest, in the spot between his chin and neck where I fit perfectly.

He rubs soothing circles on my back and shrugs casually. "Ahh, but Ariella, you don't normally like making promises. You say nothing is guaranteed in life."

"True," I close my eyes and murmur languidly, inhaling his intoxicating scent that mingles with the fresh air of this pristine countryside. "But there is one promise I will always make to you, and nothing will break it."

He raises an eyebrow, the hint of a grin playing on his face as he looks at me intently. "Is that so? And what if I have a promise to make, too? Who goes first?"

"Hmm..." I bite my lip, and watch as his eyes flicker to the motion of my mouth. I feel the heat in his gaze, yet it doesn't scare me. It only excites me and I rise on my toes to steal a kiss before he can. "Then," I say in a husky voice as I feel his hands roaming my back, sliding around my waist and pulling me closer still. "We wrestle to decide."

"Wrestle?" His face scrunches up in a puzzled expression, and before he can figure out what I mean, I tickle him in the ribs and then pull back as he jumps to retaliate.

With a vibrant and light-hearted laugh, I spin away as his long arms reach for me, his fingers grasping at my waist for a moment before I escape. I hear his light steps behind me as I race in circles around the field, but I manage to duck and weave out of his reach.

"You know I could catch you in a heartbeat, my little mate. No one can outrun an Alpha," he growls behind me, his voice teasing.

"Not even a Luna who's been training?" I turn around and keep running backwards, my eyes colliding with his and he smirks, his full lips twitching as if he's trying not to laugh.

"Well, there might be exceptions..." he begins to concede, but then he lunges for me and I squeal as he wraps me in his arms and spins me around. His hot breath tickles my ear, and I slap on his forearms that are squeezing my ribs.

"Put me down!" I demand, growing dizzy as he continues to turn in circles.

He chuckles, obviously enjoying my playful struggle. As soon as my feet touch the ground though, I turn in his arms and tackle him down. He is caught by surprise, and we tumble in the grass before I come out on top. Both of us are panting, our breaths mingling between us as our chests rise and fall.

I brace my knees on either side of him and try to pin his arms above his head which he lets me do despite how much stronger he is than me. And from this viewpoint, I can't help admiring his large biceps that stretch his shirt taut. Sliding my gaze to his bright smiling face, I smirk.

"Looks like I get to go first," I tilt my head and smile seriously, my eyes memorising each beautiful line and curve of his face. "Malachi, my mate," I slide my hand over his soft hair then down his face, before resting my palm on the side of his neck. His vein pulses strong and steady beneath my fingertip. "I promise to love you always. I want to stand by your side, no matter what happens in this life. Together, we can face anything, my love."

He presses his lips together as his eyes dance with a smile, and before I understand what he's planning, he flips us over so he is leaning over me. His firm body presses on mine, his hips keeping mine in place, and the closeness of him sends a jolt of electricity through my body, a tingling of desire along each limb until it curls in my stomach and blazes to life.

"That's funny," he remarks in a low voice with a hint of playfulness. "Because that's exactly what I was going to promise."

"It was?" My breath leaves my lungs on its own accord.

"I was just looking for the perfect moment."

"You were?" My mind becomes muddled, drawn to him in this tender moment where only he and I seem to exist in this beautiful place, as if the air around us is meant purely for us.

"I think I've found it." His eyes never leaving mine, he cradles my head in his hands and his thumbs brush across my cheeks tenderly. "I will never forget your sacrifice, my Dearest," he murmurs to me, his lips leaving soft kisses on my forehead. "And I will never stop loving you."

My heart swells, bursting with joy and excitement at his words, at the sentiment I have been longing for him to say. Looking into his crystal clear azure eyes, my vision grows blurry from tears yet he brushes them away. He kisses my cheeks before moving his lips to my mouth. We share a wonderful kiss, too beautiful to describe, with so many emotions finally flowing between us in perfect and uninhibited unison. I can taste his devotion to me in this kiss, and I finally let myself relax fully in his embrace, knowing that nothing more is standing in our way of being together.

A part of me wants him to pour out an explanation for everything he did that hurt me in the past, but this... this moment now, is enough. He is telling me with more than words exactly how he feels, and I accept his wordless declarations of sincere apology and pleas for forgiveness. I feel it in my heart what he is trying to say, and I respond with a deeper kiss, knowing he too will understand how I feel.

We lie in each other's arms for a few moments more, harbored by the tall pampas flowers and the glow of the sunset infusing our skin with rosy colours. Then Malachi stands and pulls me up with him. "I'd like to show you something," he whispers, his nose nuzzling against my ear.

After leading me toward the forest that surrounds the meadow, we skirt the edge and come upon a small knoll that overlooks a valley. Tall pines and small hedges of feather wattle cover the ground, leaving small paths for us to track our way through. At the top of the knoll is a large cabin, two storeys high made from hewn cedar logs. There is a wide verandah running around the outside and small balconies jutting out from the second story glass sliding doors.

Tall floor-to-ceiling glass windows provide sunlight to pierce the inside, and I see amongst the deepening shadows a few wingback chairs and a cosy lounge in the living room.

Malachi squeezes my hand and draws me to a halt in front of the steps that lead up to the ornately carved front door. "What do you think?" he asks, a hint of pride as well as uncertainty in his voice.

I stare at the place, at the magical way the golden and pink sunset reflects in all the glass windows, and couldn't imagine a nicer place. "It's beautiful," I squeeze his hand in reply. "Who lives here?"

"We are going to." Taking both my hands in his and threading his fingers through mine, he turns me to face him. "I want this to be our home. You can plant flowers around the border, as many flowers as you like, and we'll put a swing chair on the verandah so we can sit together and watch the sunsets. The master bedroom upstairs has the best view of the valley, as well as a view out the back towards the forest. I know how you like the forest so much."

"As do you." I bite my lip and stop myself from smiling like a fool. Something about his words, the way he weaves them in the quiet space between us, so calming and full of deeper meaning, has me dreaming of our future together like I never have before. "It sounds perfect." I rest my head on his chest and listen to the soft vibrations thrumming through him as he continues sharing his plans.

"It isn't far from the main pack office, so I can work there and come home to you in the afternoon. We'll raise our six children here in relative peace and quiet, without too many disturbances."

"I like the sound of that."

"I thought you would," he smiles down at me before kissing my lips.
I tangle my fingers in his soft hair and pull his head down closer, deepening the kiss.

When he gently pulls back and leans his forehead against mine, his voice is barely a whisper. "Are we dreaming right now?"

"I don't think so," I reply softly in the waning light. I feel in my heart this is more than a dream, perhaps another vision of what is to come. It feels so real, every touch a pulsing reality that will remain lingering in my mind far longer than any of my sleeping dreams ever have.

"Well, even if it is, it's breathtaking. You always were my daydream, Ariella. Ever since I met you, I haven't been able to get you out of my head. So many times, Hamilton would snap me from my thoughts and chide me for the foolish grin on my face," he chuckles, before turning serious again. "But there is nothing foolish about us. We were meant to be, and I will let nothing keep us apart, not anymore."

I sigh breathily, caught up in the tenderness of his words. "Not even death?"

"Especially not death. Come back to me, Ariella. I'm ready to be the mate you deserve. The mate I wish I could have been all along. You've saved me, now let me show you the heart that was made to love you."

I close my eyes and nod.

Ohh I just love this chapter so much! But is it only a dream? Will Ariella come back to Malachi, or will he face the dark reality with only her memory? Is this his daydream, or hers?
🤗😏🥰

Thanks for reading :)
Bonus holiday update will be up maybe Christmas Eve 🥳

Love you all lots, and have a wonderful holiday however you spend it 😚
KR 🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
454K 10.4K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
48.7K 1.1K 37
(Completed) *Needs to be edited* The Moon Goddess has a plan for everyone. Elena and Vincent's plans were to be mates, rulers and lovers. Vincent bei...
1.3K 19 43
This book is finished and edited. Questions that arise in this book might not get answers until book two or three. "What the hell do you think you're...