Little Do you Know

By Saugaat

Aditi reaches Mumbai to fulfill all her dreams and aspirations.To follow her list of plans but little does sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 13

27 2 0
By Saugaat

ADITI

The next day Kabir did not show up at the college. No one discussed about him or the last day neither about me and him.

Neither the next day nor the day after.

It's Friday and he's still not there. The rest of them are acting as if it's so normal. Casually sitting at the table I call Manik's name and he turns toward me. Before I could even initiate my question a boy came running in the cafeteria and screamed 'FIGHT!'.

Listening to the word I got up from my seat and went running outside. I didn't bother to see if anyone from the table was following me. I could hear the crowd shouting 'Fight! Fight!' in chorus. Pushing the people aside I made my way into the interior of the crowd.I just hoped that it would be Kabir. Passing through the people I had a smile on my face. My thought process is so fast that I have already imagined Kabir smashing Mayank's face. With all my might I pushed people aside and made my way to the first row of people standing. Desperately my eyes searched for Kabir.

He isn't there. Disappointment took over me. Something inside me died,maybe it was hope.Hope of seeing him again and apologising to him.Hope of finding the nice and sweet Kabir again. My vision became a blur. 

Suddenly all the strength with which I had managed to push people aside was drained. Soon people started to push me and ultimately I managed to get out of the mob. Getting out tears ran down my heated cheeks. I ran to a nearby tree. There was no one around me,yet I could hear the noise from the crowd. I covered my mouth from my hand. Crying profusely ,my eyes started to burn. Sudddenly I felt someone's presence behind me. Aisha. 

I thought to myself. I didn't have the courage to face her.I didn't want her to see me crying like a baby. Between my sobs I managed to speak.

"He isn't there. Ka-Kabir isn't there. I just thought that he would fight and return back....Its all my fault I shouldn't have pushed him to tell me! I-I am so damn selfish! It was my curiosity! Oh god will he even forgive me!" wiping my tears I turn around saying "Aish...."

To my horror it wasn't Aisha standing behind me but he whom I was dying to see. Kabir was standing behind me. I stood there stunned. My lips formed a perfect 'o' and I let out a breath from my mouth. 

For a brief moment he looks at my face and then places his hands in his jeans' pockets. Taking out his white handkerchief with three thin black borders he forwards it towards me. I look at him and find a sincere look on his face. Taking the handkerchief our hands brush past each other and the hanky falls on the ground. I immediately look at him and he says with a smile " Its okay take this one."

Saying this he takes out another identical handkerchief from his pocket. Taking it firmly this time I wipe my cheeks of and smile. " Why are you smiling?" He asks me with a smile.

"Nothing. I was just thinking if you have some trick pants where you carry many hankies. You know like magicians."

He chuckles and says "I wish I could be a magician for you coffee! But I usually carry two hankies.You never know when you need another! Like today."

"True!" I smile and say.Giving him the handkerchief back,he slides it back in his pant pockets.

Then there was an awkward silence. What should I say? Hi? Nah ! Too awkward! Did you see me cry.....No way! Umm.. I am so crazy! We look at each other at the same time and smile awkwardly. 

 "Where...." " It's...." We speak at the same time and then stop speaking at the same time.Soooo awkward!"You wanted to say me something?" He has a smirk on his face which irritates me.

"yum...No." I lie,I wanted to say 'sorry' but him knowing this I would never.

"I guess u wanted to apologise to me!...Come on!" And we are back to the same oldKabir .

"Well you can apologise to me too ."

"Excuse me? Why would I apologise to you?" He is astonished by my words.

"Because it's because of you that I shed my tears." Great I admitted it that I was crying!

" So coffee does cry?"

I am going to kill him .

" Where were you?" I asked him.

"Missed me?"He smirks.

Yes! A lot. I was scared for you."You wish!" I rolled my eyes.

I saw his face fell but soon he recovered it. Was it my imagination? Or was he actually disappointed that I did not miss him? "KABIR!" Manik shouted from afar. The rest of the people came to us.

"So you two already met?" Rohan spoke."Yeah and I found...." Kabir started off but I interrupted, " A fight going on."

"Where did you run away?"Priya looked at me.

"Just got reminded of some really-really important stuff. Now it isdone." I manage to lie smoothly.

"Let's go guys we have management."Aisha reminds us.

"How come you want to come?" Kabir asks surprise clear in his voice.

"Dumb! Now I have Aditi and we two love to play with Tia. Together we rock the world. Right?"

"Of course!" I giggle and share a high five with Aisha.

We walked in our class and took a seat in the second last row of the class. Kabir took the corner seat and Aisha sat between us. Kabir practically ran to get that seat, I guess because he couldn't bear Tia beside him. The lecture started and in the middle I felt someone's gaze on me. Turning to my right I see Aisha resting her head low on her palms. She is sleeping. Behind her head I saw Kabir looking at my way. Maybe he is looking past me.Resting my back to the back rest of the chair I hid my face from Aisha's head. 

Turning the page of my notebook I looked again his way.Heis looking again at my way behind Aisha's head. Again shifting a bit forward I notice him also doing the same thing. What is this boys always up to?Resting my forehead on my palm I try to concentrate on my notes. With my peripheral vision I see him again. He isn't looking at me anymore. 

Why does it happen with me that at times I desperately want Kabir to do something and when he does I wish that I hadn't wished for the same? It's irritating when he stares at me and purposely tries to irritate me but it becomes even worse if he suddenly stops his cocky and jerk acts.

"Ms.Aisha Agarwal!" Professor Jha shouts.

"Don't kill me!! Please don't kill me!"Aisha screams at the top of her voice and raises her hands in the air. Then there is fits of laughter in the class .I laugh so hard that tears wells up in my eyes. Wiping them off my eyes meet the killing stare of Aisha. 

"Stop it! Please walk out of the class miss." Without any argument Aisha gets up from her seat. I did not make any eye contact with Kabir but unintentionally we both get up at the same time. 

Taking my bag we both started walking towards the door behind Aisha who had already exited. "And where are you two planning to go?" Professor Jha sees us through his ancient spectacles. He glares at us as if we were doing the biggest crime in the world for walking out with our friend.

Kabir began, "Um.. sir the thing is....that we ...two are......." In the middle of his talking slowly and stretching all the words he started to scream and at the top his voice shouted pointing at Mr. Jha "spider-spider!" The professor shut his eyes and started screaming, holding his head. 

There was silence in the class and I was looking at him all confused. Suddenly the professor went silent and at that moment Kabir pulled me out of the class by my arm and we began running in the corridors. Loud laughs from the classroom were heard. Kabir held my hand and we ran past Aisha standing against the side wall. "Hey guys!" Aisha yells. 

We both stop panting when Aisha reaches us. Catching my breath we three look at each other and get convulsed with laughter.

"Seriously? God Kabir you have learnt a lot from me! Keep it up bro!" Manik said in between laughter.

"I wonder how Mr.Jha looked like? Wish I was there" Rohan expressed.

Between smiles I glance at Kabir. There is a small smile stuck to his face. There is joy playing in his eyes. He is actually happy!" Hey people did you hear about the prom on Saturday?" Priya walks to the table and continues, " There is a prom night on Saturday. We must go."

"Yeah, why not?" Rohan interrupts. "Great! Cause I have already booked six passes." Priya says with a big smile.

"Actually , I have never been to such places...."

Aisha interrupts me " That's great! Go on one with us!" " Now come on girls we have shopping to do!"Priya says and drags me and Aisha out of the cafe. "

Priya is driving her car and I sit on the passenger seat with Aisha on the back seat.I cannot afford a prom dress.I am hesitant at first but gathering courage say, " Umm..guys I think that I.... should drop this event!" None replies to my statement for few seconds then Aisha speaks leaning forward, keeping her head between me and Priya, " Darling, you get no choice! Moreover, we are buying you a dress." I gasp and before I could object Priya interrupts with a commanding tone, " And that's final! Now don't go all ' I can't take your money' stuff...or something."

"We are sisters Aditi!"Aisha says with a beam.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738K 45K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
133K 6.9K 37
"Why don't you understand? I want you to be happy, you fool." **** On the surface, Arpita was a calm, smart, independent woman, living a simple life...
83.8K 4.4K 74
She is unaware of his heart which beats only for her. She is aware of his ignorance which is at all not correct. The question is will she able to u...
35.5K 3.2K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...