Chapter 44

ADITI

Going through my mails I see the tickets Ishika had mailed me. I am already dressed for the meeting and I have succeeded in avoiding any sought of confrontation with Kabir. I text Ishika to get a copy of our tickets printed.

With a ' okay' reply she reminds me to get out passports and other documents ready. I take out my black purse where I kept our passports and dug in to look for the same. I casually look for the blue colour booklets. 

Soon my heartbeats increases I can find none there. Frantically I look into my arranged luggage, the business documents and even the entire room. After around 25 minutes I look around the room to find it in a mess with all my clothes and other stuff sprawled around and dejected self in the mirror in the room.

Realising that its time for the meeting I walk to the washroom. Splashing water over my face I look myself in the mirror before me. Wiping my face off water and getting back into my 'business' mode I walk out of the room with files. What the hell is happening with me? I already texted Ishika about the fact that I can't find our passports but she didn't reply yet.

What are we supposed to do? Well since Ishika and me are both technically both Indian residents by birth it is not a major legal problem but a MAJOR life problem for me staying even longer in India with Kabir around.

I walk to the living room and search for Ishika just to see her chatting with Manik. I see a hint of blush on her cheeks. Although I don't want to intrude their blooming love story I have to get myself out of here as soon as possible.

Reaching up to Ishika and Manik I manage to get their attention and smile from Manik.

"Did you check your texts?" I asked Ishika with a slight panic in my voice. She shook her head and I blurt out, "We have lost our passports!"

"What! How?" Ishika jumped to her full length and searched for answers on my face.

I told her how I searched all my things number of times but was now sure that we had lost them. By the time she cross checked with me to see if I had left any place unsearched all my friends were around us they soon were aware of our misfortune.

Suddenly the chauffeur walked up to us and told us that it was time we go for the meeting to the company building. "Don't worry I have some connections in the embassy. Go for the meeting right now." Rohan gave me a short smile and walked away with his phone as he looked for some contact. Bidding a farewell to the rest Ishika and I walked in the car.

"I am sorry." I sighed as the car started moving. I expected Ishika to be annoyed and chide me but nothing of that sought happened. Instead she turned to face me and with a hand on mine she said, "Its okay whatever happens, happens for good."

I just nodded. I see Ishika emailing Boss about our situation. By the time she is done the car stops. With last reassuring smile to Ishika we get out of the car. I am taken aback by the view before me. There is a huge glass building in front of me with people bustling in and out of the building. Entering the building I see the reception table with 'Singhania's' written in golden on it.

 The reception lady order someone and another girl escorted us to the meeting room. With a huge breath I walked in. My eyes landed on Kabir's father who gave me a warm smile and I returned him back. I could see eight to ten people sitting around a long conference table and looking directly at me. My eyes roamed around the room in search of something but I don't know what until they met with a pair of grey ones. 

They were ice cold and stared back at me without any emotions. Without a word a silent staring completion had begun between me and Kabir. His stare was piercing and felt as if he could see right through me. Much to my disappointment I was the first to break the contact and drfted my attention to the rest of the people. Some gave me a short smirk and danced their eye balls from me to Kabir and them back to me.