Chapter 31

ADITI

I find a man sitting on the boss's chair with only his mustard coat sleeve visible. Facing his back to the door I see a photo in his hand. Its of a lady in a yellow plain saree smiling brightly as she tucks a lock of her hair behind her ear and shows a heart shaped diamond rings on her finger. As I mentally praise the beauty of the lady I notice how her eye colour matches with Kabir's.

The man touches the woman's face with his thumb as if he could feel her right before him. "You could have told me before Payal that.... you... you weren't well. I would have stayed back. Instead you wanted me to go, earn for our Kabir? How could you?"

The man sighs and then after staring at the picture for another few seconds speaks up again,

 " 'Our', I don't think so Kabir is our son now. Sorry I couldn't keep my promise. I lost him Payal! I am no more part of his life. Wish you were here. He....he hates me Payal and I don't know how to explain things to him. He thinks I am the reason you....died. I don't know why? Sorry Payal! I couldn't understand even you tried to tell me. I couldn't tell you that..... You and Kabir are the most important part of my life. I have money now but nothing's better without you."

That is Kabir's father? I thought he was mean and shroud and that was the reason Kabir hated him?

Kabir's father began once again, "You know what Kabir doesn't believe in love anymore! He never believes that I loved and will always love you so much. I failed as a father! He just believes what he ever saw with his own eyes and that's only when we fought. I just wish things could change! I wish I can have my son back! I promise this time I will be the best father ever. It's just that I can't speak my heart out to him. I love you."

Kabir must know that it was not his father's fault in his mother's death! Where is this man? I stand to my full length when unintentionally I hit the slightly open door and it opens completely revealing the entire office before my eyes.

With a hustle Kabir's father puts the photo in the table drawer and turns to face me. There is no sign of tears but surely his face seems devoid of all the energy and I can very well notice the red eyes.

"What?" He speaks. For the first time I have seen Kabir's father so closely and the resemblance between them is amazing. Kabir surely his father's sharp jaw line and lips.

"Who are you?" I hear him speak once again and I come back to my senses. "Um... Sir I have to dust the room." I gulp as the man stands to his full length. He is a bit taller than Kabir and has grey hair but is clean shaved.

"Hmm...Go ahead." He nods and says.

Walking across the majestic office I start wiping the huge window which faces another part of the house with identical huge windows. Past the clear window I see Kabir by the window pane with his laptop on his crossed lap. His side view is as handsome as his front view.

So it's something related to his mother. She died and his father had left them but he did not know that his wife was very ill and Kabir thinks that he left them intentionally. I guess? He is so lucky that his father loves him so much. It must be very difficult living under the same roof and acting like strangers. It's not right what you are doing Kabir.

"You can leave now." The man's deep voice brings me back to my senses and turning around I open my mouth to speak something but he snapped again, "I said leave." Shutting my mouth I nod. Looking back to Kabir once again I just wish – I wish I can change Kabir.

Withthe cloth in my hand I exit the room after I notice the man in a deep thought.Turning around the corridor I am called by Rani who gives me some odd jobs todust various rooms. Soon I realize thatshe is unaware of the whereabouts of Neena and so I continue with my job for aday.