Chapter 40

ADITI

How I wish I had not made that decision three years back. Wish I could have been selfish then ,maybe I might have a different life today. I might have Kabir by my side today. Unconsciously tears roll down my cheeks and my eyes burn. Curling up I can only hear my sobs in the room. I just hope tomorrow I can get over with the work and leave as soon as possible.

Its the next day and clearly I have developed dark circles under my eyes. All thanks to Kabir. Since I am here for business work I must dress up formally. Wearing my white shirt and black pants I set my hair in a high ponytail. Looking at myself for the last time I open the door of my room with a breath out.

Although I tremble inside I try my best to put on my poker face which I usually care on for work. It's actually quite funny to think that I who have been so excellent at work, who has the record to crack all sought of tough deals for the company can go so weak at knees by someone. Not just someone by Kabir! Thank God my colleagues are not here to look this side of mine.

Walking towards the stairs I pass Kabir's room and jus for a second I look at the closed door. No way I can't be weak! With a determined mind I ignore the urge to look at his door and walk down the stairs.

Soon I hear some noise and as expected it was Ishika. She is so outgoing! She talks with uncle while having breakfast. With a smile I approach them. Uncle gestures me to sit beside Ishika, diagonal to him.

The dining table is the same. Some servants come to the table to serve but I know none. I thank God as Kabir is missing. My mission is to avoid him as much as possible. The thought reminds me that I have to let Ishika know the truth or else I am afraid she might spill some beans to the last person I ever want to know the truth.

Gulping down my bite of toast I speak up, "So when can we meet up the board and the share holders of the company?"

"The meeting is postponed." I hear Kabir's voice from behind.

"I even dropped you the text early morning. Boss told to hold on for the time being...."

"What? Why?" I blurt out with panic evident in my voice, cutting off Ishika. Suddenly the atmosphere around becomes dead as silence and I look at Uncle with a nervous look.

"Well my mother believes in astrology a lot and she wants to have this important merger after few days. Your boss has agreed to this and you both are our guests for the following days." Uncle explains and I hear him out dumbfounded.

"You stay here for the coming days." I hear Kabir's voice right close to my right ears. I can feel his presence right close to my and I hear my heartbeat loudly.Suddenly I feel cool air behind me as I see him taking a seat in front of me. I can see the evil smirk on his face.

"Well it would be great if we can have the meeting soon.....I mean we have to return..." I try to reason looking at uncle but somehow I feel anxious as I can see Kabir looking at with a frowned look.

"Don't worry Aditi Boss has all things sought out we can have the meeting day after tomorrow. Not that late I guess?" Ishika faces me.

"Just day after tomorrow? " I am relived.

"You want to postpone it further then we can...."

"No! No...No. The sooner the better." I say with a smile to Uncle.

"Well Thank you for the delicious breakfast Sir." Ishika speaks as she wipes her mouth with the napkin.

"Please call me Uncle. You are like my daughter." Uncle says with a smile.