Chapter 17

ADITI

I can never understand this boy! At times he is so sweet and the next moment he ignores me. Walks away when I approach and the other day helps me out like I am his responsibility. If he hates me so much for some unknown reason then he could have left me at my situation, but he didn't.

It's the next day of the exhibition and I am in mood to go to college. My stomach hurts way too much. Shutting my eyes I lie down on my bed when I hear the door bell. "Aunt Rose had guests!" I say to myself. Life back at the orphanage was so simple.There wasn't anyone like Kabir I had to deal with. What to do I am so bored! Cleaning up.Done. Washing clothes? Done. Well I can study then. I must wash my face so that I can concentrate while I study.

Taking out books on the bed I walk in the washroom. Splashing water on my face I look at my reflection in the mirror. A lock of my hair sticks to my wet cheeks. Tucking it behind my ear I walk out , entering my cozy room. To my horror I see Aisha on my window ceil. When she sees me she jumps in my room and comes rushing to me. Hugging me she almost screams my name in my ear. Getting separated, "How come you are here?" I say with a smile and notice the room door latched from inside. 

Tuning to my pillars of pictures she says, "Window." It took me a second to comprehend her words and when I did I walked to my huge window. Looking down I saw a rusted ladder against my window. It's not that height.

"What is this Aditi?" Turning around I find Aisha pointing at the white pillar at the centre of my room. "Oh! That's....all the beautiful memories." I say shyly. 

I watch her intently and find a big smile on her face. " Hey! That's us at the prom, and at Diana's store. Hey! It's Rohan and Kabir troubling Rohan.When did you click the picture?"

"Just at times." I state. Around I walk to my bed and find that I forgot my notebook so I walk back to my shelf to look for it.

"There is Kabir and Manik in their tux, Priya with the crowd at the exhibiton, Kabir and me at the same event,Kabir at the dam,Its someone on a bike! It's Kabir's I am sure! he is driving away and There is Kabir again at the dam and me! With Kabir, Manik and Priya; with Kabir......" I find my notebook and when I turn around she is searching through all the pictures stuck without a word and eyebrows frowning.

"What are you looking for?" I question.

" Um... my picture."She says with her eyes still looking at pictures on the pillar.

Walking to the pillar I point at a picture of her and Priya. "See here you are!"

"Looking at the same photo she says softly, "Yeah....with Priya."

"Look at this one." I point at another one.

"With Kabir!"; "With Kabir and Manik!"; "With Kabir and Rohan."

I look for her single picture when she speaks up, "Why is Kabir in most of the pictures?"

"Uhh!" Aisha gets me by surprise. Tracing my eyes again around the pictures it dawns upon me.......Kabir is in most of my pictures!

" I didn't even notice it!" I look at her wonderstruck.

"Yeah....maybe!"

"Did you say something?" I ask her to confirm if I heard her say 'maybe'.

"Nothing...." Saying so she walks to my bed and instantly screams in a dramatic tone, " Seriously ! You are Going .To .Study ?"

"Um...yeah!" I say softly snatching my books from her hand. I see disbelief in her eyes.

" I got ice cream!" She says with a beam. I see a packet in her hands which didn't notice earlier. "Wow!" I scream with joy hug her tightly.