Chapter 10

ADITI

"Don't worry darling,you sit on my lap!"Rohan says and side hug Priya. 

"Clever brother! Now get in fast people!" Manik grins at Rohan .Rohan gets in and takes a window seat,Priya gets and sits on his lap followed by Kabir and the middle and me at the other window seat.ThoughPriya was on Rohan there wasn't enough space.Mine and Kabir's shoulders touched each other and I felt goosebumps. 

The car was out of the campus and our shoulders were bothering me it was uncomfortable. Kabir lifted his left arm and took it behind my head. He kept his hand around my shoulder.That made space for my right hand.Ilooked at him and he was close to me. " Can I?" he said softly.Saying this he lifted his hand.

Its ok Aditi! It's like a friend beside you. Just...just like Manik. I convinced myself that Kabir sitting beside me affects me in no way. Moreover he keeping his hands around me is so casual.

The moment I thought that I had convinced myself he kept his hand around my shoulders. The instant his hands touched my body, my heart beat raced like an Olympic racer and suddenly there was a rush of blood through my veins. My fixed my eyes outside the window. 

I didn't want to make any sought of eye contact with Kabir or anyone else because I was afraid about the fact that they could notice the anxiety and in such a case I might even have a mini panic attack. There was this unidentified tingly feeling in my gut. Behind some unknown nervousness I was trying hard to figure out why I was so much affected by merely Kabir's touch.

"Where to go Aditi?" I heard Manik's voice.

 I turned to my right with "Mhmm?" leaving my mouth.

As I turn my ,head bangs with something and I shut my eyes. Rubbing my forehead I open my eyes and meet with Kabir's grey ones. I find him rubbing his forehead too. 'Why is he so close to me? Are Priya and Rohan occupying way too much space?' I gulp and our eyes meet. 

His captivating grey eyes were drawing me into them but I was no ordinary girl who could easily drown into them. No doubt they were very desirable. Suddenly something about his enthralling eyes change and I see them changing to a darker shade, as if deep thundering clouds had originated in them. I see his jaws clenching and hatred flashing through his eyes. Awkwardly he gets his hands off me. 

My lips slightly parted to form some words when he turned away from me and looked at Rohan telling him to shift the other side. Soon he shifted and created a gap between us. Continuously avoiding my sight he talked to Manik and Aisha about some dam in the outskirts of the city.

Well this was exactly what I wanted but somewhere deep down in my heart it hurted me to see him facing away from me. I knew that something troubled him.Something he was hiding. What had I done to make him look at me like that? My mind was filled with queries about him.

 For any ordinary person I would have shoved his thought off of my mind but this was Kabir! There was always something about him which made me think about him more each time I met him, though it had less number of times I had physically seen him but Aisha and Manik kept on talking about him while he was out of town. 

Almost every night I had stories about their childhood in my head and I imagined them playing and laughing. I could even imagine Kabir with a hearty smile. He turned out to be so much unlike the present Kabir. However the contradictory thought of him having three girlfriends at the same time somewhat disturbed me.I don't know why? Not the thought that he had three girlfriends but the thought that I was disturbed by his girlfriends put my head in a whirl.