touch (bucky barns x reader)

By bucky_parker_rodgers

Ex hydra assassin turned avenger. Powers of unthinkable proportion. You. HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN BUCKYBARNS #... More

the rescue
pain
free falling
energy.
scream
smile
combat
touch
wake up.
pancakes and chicken
wakanda
tests
fresh air.
help.
sleep.
goodbyes
call
target confirmed
IMPORTANT A/N
good vibrations
the good fight.
well shit
the good fight pt. 2
control
recovery.
who?
quick question a/n
fire
water
earth
air
telikanisis.
flight.
oh shit pt.2
go faster
home again
fuck this.
work
goodbye.
where did you go
not with out you
connected
publicity
come back to me.
connect
holy shit
taken.
avengers
assemble.
a/n
what did they do to you.
ouch
reunion
Peter parker
City lights
city lights pt.2
I got tagged( not a chapter)
city lights pt.3
city lights pt.4
city lights pt.5
separation
we find the defendant
quick question a/n
doll
a/n saying goodbye.
home
an important update a/n
another update a/n
home pt2
edge
space?
...
.....
A/N

oh shit

13.1K 321 531
By bucky_parker_rodgers

Two days later.

You've been working with Wanda the past two days on your  energy minipulation.  And its been going well, you just can't figure out how to make it stop. Either your taking energy or giving it. You can control that now with the blink of an eye.

Now, your sitting on Bucky's bed with your file infront of of you. Hes gone down to train with Steve and Sam. You open the file and look for anything that has to do with your power. Any way to control it.

Then, you stumble across a page where there is a picture of you screaming with your hands outstretched.

You lift the picture to see a series of pictures. And one of them is you holding an animal. You flip the pictures up to read the page underneath.

Power report.

Subject is now able to controll powers enough to hold live animals and have human contact. 

        : Subject says it invisions a a a light switch, it  imagines the light switch being turned off, and its power is then contained. When it invisions the light switch on, powers are active.
                     : Cognitive recalibration therapy Administered along with chip. Subject power is always active. As it does not remember the "switch"

You stare wide eyed at the page.

You" holy shit."

You try connecting to Bucky telepathicly.

You" hey can you hear me?"

A few seconds later Bucky's voice, some how out of breath, sounds in your mind.

Bucky" yeah doll, what's up? Are you ok?"

You" yeah I'm... Ok.. and found something in the file, where re you"

Bucky" training room three."

You" on my way"

You get up off the bed and walk to the elevator, getting in and going down to the training rooms.

You enter training room three and see Bucky and Steve throwing kicks and punches at each other, and Sam on the treadmill with ear buds in.

You" hey"

They both stop sparring, stand up straight out of their stances, and look twords you.

Bucky" hey doll, what you find?"

You" look"

You walk up to him and hand him the folder, which is already open.

He reads it over and then his eyes go wide.

Bucky" c'mon."

He takes your hand and drags you out of the training room.

You walk with him down the hall, with Steve not far behind. Sam, you guess, was to engrossed in running to even notice you guys left.

He enters training room 5, the one with your tree, and you see Wanda and Peitro.

They both stop what there doing and look words you and give you a smile.

Wanda" what's up?"

Bucky lets go of your hand and walks up to wanda, handing her the file. She looks at him with her eyebrow raised but then looks down and reads.

After a second her eyes widen.

Wanda" oh shit"

You look at her and nod your head.

Wanda looks at you with a smile.

Wanda" do you wanna try?"

You think for a second then nod your head.

You all walk over to the tree and you climb up into the hole.

Wanda" you got this hunny."

Bucky walks up to the tree and gives you a small smile.

Bucky" I'm right here if you need me ok?"

You look at him, unable to hide the fear on your face.

You" what if it doesn't work.?"

Bucky" it will. If you start feeling weird I want you to stop ok?"

You give him a small smile and he gently gives your arm a reasuring squeeze.

He steps back from the tree and you take your gloves off. You put your hands on the tree and Invision a light switch.

It's black on a white wall. You Invision it turning off, then you open your eyes.

And you still see the purple tendrils flying around your body. You take your hand off the tree and sigh sadly.

Bucky walks up you.

Bucky" you can do this y/n. I know you can. Pick your head up and try again. Youre a fucking bad ass. You can do anything."

You turn your head to him,give him a small smile, and nod your head.

He backs up, and you close your eyes and put your hands back on the tree.

This time you invision the light switch but you also Invision your hand reaching up and turning it off.

Then when you open your eyes,

Nothing.

No purple tendrils,no felling the energy of the tree. Only the feel of rough bark under your fingers.

You let out a disbileving laugh.

You" oh my God. It's working."

Tears come to your eyes and Bucky walks up to the tree and reaches up with his metal hand, and wipes away the tear that moves down your cheek.

Bucky has a wide smile on his face.

Bucky" I told you you could do anything."

You let out another laugh. Wanda walks up to you and gives you a smile. Everyone has a smile on there face.

Wanda" I'm so proud of you. You've come so far I'm the past two months."

Bucky" doll it's ok if you don't want to yet,  but Bruce has some animals upstairs, do you want me to have him bring one down? We can try having you hold it"

You think for a second.

You" ok. But the first sign that something is wrong or the animal is hurt you have to get it away from me."

Bucky nods his head then calls Bruce and tells him to bring down an animal.

5 minutes later Bruce walks in and looks over at you guys with a questioning stare.

Bruce" why did I need to bring a gerble to the training room?"

Bucky looks over at you then smiles.

Bucky" go on doll."

You give him a smile.

Then you look at Bruce and put your hand on the tree. When nothing happens Bruce smiles at you.

Bruce" sweetie! This is huge!"

You let out a small chuckle.

Bruce" I also now see why you needed an animal. Are you sure y/n?not that im Doubting your abilitys, I just want to know if you are ready."

You give him a nod. He walks up to you and gives you a smile.

He reaches into his lab coat breast pocket and pulls out a small fluffy animal.

Bruce" this is Jared, he has a condition that makes his joints really stiff. Hes in a lot of pain most of the time but he loves to be held and pet. Especially if you pet by his shoulders. It's kind of like a massage for him."

You take a Shakey breath and look at Bucky.

You" I don't want to hurt him."

Bucky" and you won't. Unless you throw him or something. But I can't see you doing that."

You give him a small chuckle and a playfully eye roll.

You look back at Bruce and he gives you a reasuring smile.

Steve" were right here y/n it will be ok."

You look at Steve and give him a small smile and nod.

You hop out of the tree and then sit on the ground with Bruce.

Then you slowly reach out your hands.

Bruce places his hands and the ball of fluff infront of yours and let's the animal sniff your hand for a second.

Then the animal climbs into your hands.

And sniffs your hands.

And nothing happens.

The animal is fine. He sits sniffing your hands.

a minute later and still nothing.

You have a big smile on your face and tears coming out of our eyes.

You" I never thought I would have physical contact with another living thing. I thought it wasn't possible."

Bucky sits next to you, gives Jared's head a gentle scratch with his metal hand, then puts said hand in his lap. He looks at you with a beaming smile.

Bucky" like I said you can do anything."

You give him a smile.

You move the gerbel into the palm of your right hand and start gently petting him.

Bruce" Jarvis, tell Tony to come to training room five. Tell him it's urgent."

You sit on the ground petting the now sleeping ball of fluff and cuteness.

Bruce" normally I have to give him something to help him sleep.  He must really like you.probably how warm you are."

He says with a chuckle.

You look up at him

You" what do you mean how warm I am?"

Bucky" the serum they gave yo makes you body temperature higer. Normally me and Steve have a temp of 102."

Bruce" your the same."

You nod your head.

A few minutes later Tony walks into the room.

Tony" why was I summoned."

Bruce just chuckles and points to the gerble in your hands. Tony's eyes go wide and he smiles.

Tony"we'll stick a cupcake up my ass and call me Betty crocker, I'm so proud of you y/n!"

You give him a smile.

You" thanks Tony. And thank you guys. Seriously. For taking me in, feeding me. For being my family."

They all give you smiles.

After a few minutes of people having there own conversations and you petting Jared, you hand him gently back to Bruce and start standing.

You wobble a bit but don't fall over.

Bucky" you alright doll?"

You give him a smile and a nod.

You" yeah I just need some food."

He nods.

You put on your gloves and walk with you take the elevator up and go to the common area. It's 6:47 so Tony orders some pizza.

Time skip to after you and Bucky go to sleep.

You wake with a start. Your breathing heavy and your heart pounding.

Bucky" hey doll, look at me."

You look at him and immediately start feeling calm.

You" thank you."

He gives you a small smile.

Bucky" you wanna talk about it."

You let out a short laugh as you wipe away the tears.

You" I dreamt that when Bruce put the gerble in my hands it died."

Bucky" it was just a dream sweetheart. It's ok."

You nod your head and he smiles at you.

Bucky" c'mon. You've had a long day, try and get more sleep."

You again nod your head and then close your eyes.

You don't have nightmares for the rest of the night.

Time skip. Next day.

All day everyone has been trying to get you to try touching someone. Each time you told them it's two risky.

You held Jared again and everything was fine.

It's about 12:15 in the morning and you couldn't sleep, so you went up to the roof. Which is where you are now. Your not sitting at the edge, but your still far enough out that you can see the city and feel a slight breeze

You hear the elevator ding and you look over to see Bucky.

Bucky" hey doll. Are you ok? I looked almost everwhere for you."

You give him a small smile.

You" sorry, couldn't sleep. Thought coming here would help."

He walks over and sits next to you.

Bucky" what's up."

You let out a sigh.

You" what if I hurt someone."

Bucky" doll, we've done the test. You're able to hold a live animal in your hands. And if something does go wrong then we will deal with it then, but so far it hasn't. Trust yourself. I promise to be with you every step of the way and then some. "

You look him in the eyes, searching for any signs of doubt or worry. But all you can see is hope.

You slowly nod your head and look out to the city. Bucky does the same.

Your mind is a war zone, trying to go over the pros and cons.

You look down at your hands. Bucky is sitting on your left, which means that his flesh hand is next to you.

You soundlessly, and with as little movement as possible,take off your gloves.

You sit like that for probably ten minutes.  Trying to work up the courage to reach out and grab his hand.

You take a deep breath, Invision the switch and your hand flipping it off, then open your eyes.

And without letting yourself think.

You reach out and entwine your bare hand with Bucky's flesh hand.

A/n

Hello loves!!!

I didn't really know when to end this chapter. But I decided it shall be a cliff hanger. Thank you so much for all the love. It honestly means the world to me. I didn't think this story would even hit 1000 reads, yet here we are with 12 k. Thats absolutely insane to me and I genuinely love all of you with the bottom of my heart.

Be safe

Be kind

Love endlessly.

Love you all

                   -R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.1K 37
Marvel imagines about all your favorite characters! Including: Steve, Tony, Natasha, Bucky, Pietro, Wanda, Clint, Thor, Scott, T'Challa, Sam, Scott...
348K 7.7K 25
❝She's like Thor but human and female.❞ [BUCKY BARNES] [HIGHEST RANK: #1 IN BUCKY BARNES, #3 IN CAPTAIN AMERICA]
70.1K 1.9K 40
Imagines of ya gurl the Scarlett Witch or Wanda Maximoff. Whatever you prefer to call
1.7M 22.2K 141
Includes β€’ Steve β€’ Tony β€’ Thor β€’ Bruce β€’ Natasha β€’ Clint β€’ Pietro β€’ Wanda β€’ Bucky β€’ Peter β€’ Loki β€’ Sam β€’ T'Challa Please vote, and comment it...