The Half to my Whole

Von Asuki17

Leo Manoban Bruschweiler or just known as Leo Manoban to his close friends, acquaintances and family. He is a... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Teaser/Trailer
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Not an Update(But i will soon) ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Special Chapter
New Stories!
Special Chapter 2
New story- Tipping over the hourglass

Chapter 18

1.3K 33 5
Von Asuki17

Leo's P.O.V

Manila, Philippines

9:15 AM

          "So Leo how are your Mom and Dad?" Pa asked, as he gripped the steering wheel; his eyes on the road. I chuckled as I munch on my chicharon.

 "Well they're still kicking asses that's for sure both in the kitchen and to their children." I joked, earning a laugh from the three persons. 

"How's the chicharon by the way lil' lion?" Ma asked as she turns around and look at me with adoration and a bright smile. 

I smiled at her, "It's delicious Ma, I missed this, it would taste better with vinegar though", I replied and that made her smile widen.

"Oh good. I asked Marcus to buy it for me in Cebu when he was there few days ago because I know it's your favorite." 

"Thanks Ma. You know me too well." I grinned.

"Of course, I'm better than Sherlock Holmes when knowing what you like and dislike." she boasted making us all chuckle.

"Oh!" Alexis suddenly intercepted making us startled with me ended up choking a bit and hurriedly drank water.

 "Alexis what in the actual hell!? What is it?" Ma complained as she clutched her chest, probably to calm her eradicating fast heartbeat. 

"Sorry, I just remembered something. Lil' lion did you contact your sister and your parents?".

I quickly gulped down the water, "I haven't, thanks for reminding me. I'll do it now." I replied as I removed my phone from my jean pocket and started to text a reply,

To: Momma

        I just landed ma, gonna call you later. Love you.

and pressed send as I began to type another text,

To:  Elephant Sister

             Sis, I arrived  in the Philippines, I'm currently on the car with Alexis and her parents.

 and with that I pressed send and began to type another text to a certain person,

To: Jennie 

         Hey, I just arrived, I'm on the car right now. How's your day?"

I then pressed send again, and not even a minute later Jennie replied.

From: Jennie

     Good to know, and my day is going good. The girls and I have a performance later on so we're dressing up. ;)

"Shit!" I muttered. Freaking down to earth gorgeous. How can she be that damn beautiful without much effort? I took a selfie and began to type a text.

To: Jennie

        Looking pretty. ;)

...and send.

 "What are you smiling at?" Alexis intercept as she tries to look at my phone and I quickly blocked it from her view and put it back to my jean pocket.

"Nothing, just a text from my mom." I lied. 

She looks at me suspiciously, "Really?" she asked, clearly unconvinced. 

"Yup" I said pooping the 'p'. She still looks unconvinced and still wants to say something but she didn't, which made me internally sigh in relief. 

Not yet, just a little more time...

~~~

         We finally arrived in Alexis' home and I settled in the guest room. I collapsed on the queen-sized bed and finally take out my phone and received messages from the three people I texted with mom and Lisa  saying "okay" and "take care". I enthusiastically opened Jennie's message,

From: Jennie

       Thanks, and you look like a frog jk, lol. You look good, I gotta go, I'll call you later, get some rest. :)

Saying something this simple made a smile automatically creep to my face. Jennie freaking Kim  you'll be the death of me! 

A knock snapped me back from my elated hazed world, "Yes?" I yelled.

"Leo, honey let's eat lunch!" Ma replied.

 "Coming!" I answered back and quickly stood up and proceeded to the dining room with Ma. The sight made my mouth water, my favorite dishes were displayed on the table. 

"Ma, I also came back with Leo then how come you only made his favorite dishes, what about mine?" Alexis complained playfully

. "You're here all the time anyways and Leo isn't, don't be such a kid." Ma replied with equal playfulness then it turned into a playful bickering which made another smile creep into my face. 

How I miss this... this is truly home...

Home in Thailand is different compared to what I call home in the Philippines. Since I was born and raised in Thailand, it will always be my first home, but in the Philippines with these kinds of people in my life makes me feel equally loved as I was back home in Thailand. How I wish you were here...

They noticed my silence and worriedly looked at me, "Son, lil' lion are you okay?" Pa asked worriedly.

 I gave him a smile of reassurance and nod, "Yeah, I'm fine Pa. Let's eat I'm hungry and I missed Ma's cooking." I grinned and proceeded to sit on the chair, happily inhaling the scent of the blessings before me as I wait for the rest of them to sit.

~~~

    After taking a shower, I proceeded to get out of my room and began to walk on the hallway and towards the familiar door. I gulped down the growing lump in my throat and hesitantly turn the knob, revealing the same nostalgic room. They didn't changed anything which I'm glad. I slowly closed the door and walked towards the bed and lay on it, rolling over it as I inhaled the scent of the covers. I forced myself to stand up after a few minutes, removing my body from the warmth and nostalgic feeling of the covers  as I slowly went towards the dresser and saw a familiar picture. I took it in my grasp and traced my thumb on it.

 "I knew you'd be here." a voice interrupted, startling me. 

I turned around and saw Alexis smiling softly at me, "I was just...you know.." I stutter, struggling to find the words. 

She crossed her arms still smiling, "No need to explain, you know you're welcome to come inside here anytime." She said making me smile. "Are you ready for you know... on Wednesday?" she asked carefully, worry is visible on her features. 

I nod at her, "Yeah I am, don't worry. I'm finally ready." 

She nods in reply,  "Ma is calling for you, lets go?" she asked and I nod in reply and she proceeded to walk out of the room. I put back the picture from where it belong, smiling at it before turning to leave.

~~~~

I'M REALLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR MAYBE 2 OR 3 WEEKS? I WAS SO BUSY AT SKUL (P.S HELP ME I'M DYING)  I'LL REALLY TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE ASAP BUT I CAN'T PROMISE, I'M ALSO LOSING THE INSPIRATION TO WRITE THIS STORY SO HELP ME GOD TO FINISH THIS BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS SO FAR FROM OVER!!! I HAVE THE ENDING PLANNED OUT ALREADY BUT IT'S STILL LIKE MAYBE 10-20YISH CHAPTERS AWAY???? ANYWHOSE I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD DAY. XOXO

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

74.1K 2.6K 30
tells the poignant tale of childhood sweethearts, Jennie and Lisa, whose paths diverged when Lisa's family faced financial hardships, forcing her to...
226K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...
701K 19.3K 31
after accepting her boyfriend's proposal to marry him, there are a lot of plans in jennie's mind : building a new home, meeting a new family, startin...
1.1M 29.9K 68
"I'm afraid that telling you this will ruin our friendship, but I can't help myself any longer. I can't hide these feelings any longer. I'm madly in...