Pokemon XY&Z: Journey of Bonds

By Daggett19

Since the beginning of time, people and Pokemon have lived in peace in harmony coexisting with one another fo... More

Prologue 1: The Legendary and Mythical Council
Prologue 2: Lysandre's Goals And A New Light Born
Prologue 3: The Meeting and Pokedex Assistants Chosen
Story Arcs/Special Chapters
Meet The Characters
Pokemon League Rules and Regulation
Pokemon Contest Rules and Regulations
Season 1: Summer
Chapter 1: A Mew Journey
Chapter 2: A Kalos Froakie
Chapter 3: A Fletchling Catch
Chapter 4: Smeargle-made Pokeballs
Chapter 5: The Forest Infestation
Chapter 6: Quite Farfetch'd
Chapter 7: The Zigzagoon Skates
Chapter 8: A Litleo Training
Chapter 9: Comedic Surskit
Chapter 10: Gogoat To Lumiose City
Chapter 11: Fairy Game
Chapter 12: The Torchic Battle!
Chapter 13: Give Me A Pyroar!
Chapter 14: Let's Have A Goodra Time!
Special Chapter 1: Dustin's Journal Entry #1
Special Chapter 2: Steven Stone and Metagross's Mega Evolution Training
Chapter 15: No Need To Be Corphish!
Chapter 16: Make A Bug Buzz Contest Debut!
Chapter 17: The Honedge Path!
Chapter 18: Furfrou Garden Maze!
Chapter 19: Arceus's Chosen Protector and Pokeflute!
Chapter 20: Start of A Ivysaur Bond!
Chapter 21: Absol-ute Fossils
Chapter 22: A Blazing Rivalry!
Chapter 23: The Mightyena Flare!
Chapter 24: The Onix-pected Bike Race!
Chapter 25: Taking Out The Tyrunt!
Chapter 26: Golett To Geosenge Town!
Special Chapter 3: The Strongest Mega Evolution Act I
Special Chapter 4: Dustin's Journal Entry# 2
Chapter 27: Gulpin Some Flare Energy!
Chapter 28: Fighting The Aura Canine!
Chapter 29: Destiny's Blazing Anger!
Chapter 30: Reflecting With Wobbuffet!
Chapter 31: Intriguing Battle With Pidgeotto!
Chapter 32: Spiky Shielding Quilladin!
Chapter 33: Fire Spinning The Contest!
Chapter 34: Sycamore's Mega Research!
Chapter 35: Combusken Training!
Chapter 36: Wartortle Rain Dance!
Chapter 37: Mega Gym Battle Part 1: Triple Battle Vs. Gym Trainers!
Chapter 38: Mega Gym Battle Part 2: Vs. Mega Successor Korrina and Mega Lucario!
Chapter 39: The Mega Rings
Chapter 41: The Mega Evolution Successor Korrina
Chapter 42: Battle of Light and Dark
Chapter 43: Flow-ing with Mega Evolution
Chapter 44: Light's Mega Feelings! Light Gives Up?...

Chapter 40: History of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond

97 2 8
By Daggett19

(A/N: Hey, everyone. I'm back. So, the reason why it took awhile for me to write this is due to the weather being much colder where I'm at{I've moved again back in February of 2022[this year, as of the time I published this] to a house next to the mountains, and about ten minutes away from Monument}, so I wasn't able to be on my laptop much due to the cold, and when I am, I'm more focused on trying to keep warm. However, the weather passed, so it's all good.

Anyways, as I've stated in the author's note for the previous chapter, this is my interpretation on the lore for Mega Evolution and Battle Bond, and how they not only exists, but how they also connect to each other. If it doesn't fit in with the games, anime or manga's continuity or if it doesn't fit in with your own headcanon, this is the reason why. So, please don't leave comments about how my version of things doesn't fit in with what was established.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter. Please vote and comment. All music are from YouTube and their respective owners. All images are from Bulbapedia or Serebii. Also, reminder for suggestions of potential team members for Shauna, Trevor, Tierno, Anna, Lisia and Amelia. I'll credit anyone and their suggestions at the beginning of each chapter, along with mentioning when I'll add the Pokemon to their team.

P.S.: I'm almost done with the timeline for the Pokemon stories. I'll upload them soon. As for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet, I'll add them to the timeline once they come out.)

Previously on The Mega Rings: Light, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, Tierno and Dark went to the Tower of Mastery. While the five friends learned more about Mega Evolution, Gurkinn talks to Dark about how to use Mega Evolution without his Pokemon getting harmed.

After learning more about Mega Evolution, Gurkinn reveals that Sycamore wanted to give the six Trainers a Mega Ring each. However, Gurkinn only had time to make three, which were given to Light, Serena and Dark. The six Trainers' curiosity are increased, however, when Gurkinn hints that Battle Bond and Mega Evolution might be more connected than anyone thinks.

The six Trainers decides to head over to the Tower of Mastery to find out the history of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond. What are their origins? How are they connected? Find out in this chapter!

Everyone's P.O.V.-September 1st, 2019-Tower of Mastery 1F, Tower of Mastery, Uptown Shalour City, Shalour City, North of Reflection Cave, West of Route 12, Northwestern Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-12:45 P.M.

"Still can't believe we have these," Serena said, holding up her left wrist. On there was the Mega Ring she had received the day prior.

The five friends were sitting on the stairs, waiting for Dark to arrive. After all, Gurkinn wanted to tell the six of them the history of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond, and how the two were connected.

"I know. And yet, I can kinda believe as well," Light said, looking down at his own Mega Ring.

However, despite having the very thing that can help him with his doubts, he also felt like he doesn't truly deserve it. As if someone else should had it instead of h-

This is exactly why I accepted it. It's to get rid of those doubts that continues to creep up on me. Light said in his thoughts, trying to bury the doubts that still lingered.

"Well, at least you two can now use Mega Evolution whenever you want," Tierno said.

"Exactly! I can tell the amount of fun you two and your team will have just from experiencing it for the first time!" Shauna exclaimed happily.

"Not to mention the knowledge you guys can gain," Trevor said.

"I am wondering this, though, where is Dark? Doesn't he usually come to places before us, or right as we do?" Shauna asked.

Right at that moment, Dark exit out of the archives on the third floor. "Sup, stepping stones," Dark said as he made his way down.

"Well, guess we know where he was," Tierno said.

"Not to mention that he definitely back to normal, given his attitude," Light added.

"You bet I'm back, Light. After all, I can't be the next Kalos Champion if I'm worrying about a bunch of fashion disasters and another stepping stone from Galar being 'stronger' than me, now can I?" Dark smugly asked. "Don't worry, though, you'll be remembered...as the ones who helped me become Champion," he added.

"Yep, he's back to normal," Trevor agreed.

"I don't which one I prefer: him being happy, yet smug, or him being moping, yet willing to team up with us." Serena said.

"You get what you see, and I'm not going to change anytime soon," Dark said.

Before anyone else says anything, Gurkinn open the door at the base of the Mega Lucario statue.

"Now that you all are here, who's ready to hear the history of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond?" Gurkinn asks.

The six Trainers silently, yet politely(which is saying something in Dark's case), walked into the room as Gurkinn closed the door behind them. "Take a seat at the table," Gurkinn offered, indicating the table in the center of the room.

The six Trainers thanks Gurkinn as they sat down at the table.

"So, before I tell you about the history, do any of you know the very first Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution?" Gurkinn asked.

"Rayquaza!/Lucario!" Trevor and Dark said at the same time.

"Both answers are true. While Lucario is the first Pokemon to Mega Evolve using a Mega Stone, Rayquaza is the first one to do so before Mega Stones were ever discovered," Gurkinn said.

"So, when were Mega Stones first discovered?" Shauna asked.

"They were first discovered a couple of years after the end of the Kalos War. However, not every Mega Stone was found in Kalos. There were some found in Hoenn," Gurkinn said.

"Like the Pidgeotite," Dark said.

"Exactly!" Gurkinn said.

"But why are there any Mega Stones in Hoenn? Actually, how were the Mega Stones created in the first place?" Serena asked.

"Well, nobody exactly knows the answer to both questions. Though some sources claim there was a flash of light that went up to exosphere, before coming back down and striking the ground during the Siege of Geosenge. However, historians like to think of it as a metaphor to explain the swift end to the battle, and the war as a whole," Gurkinn said.

"What about you, though? Do you think it might have to do with Mega Evolution?" Tierno asked.

"Maybe it does have something to do with the creation of Mega Stones. Or maybe it might be the Aura Trio deciding to end the war to prevent anymore deaths, pain and suffering to everyone. Nobody knows which one is the right answer.

"However, despite the discovery of Mega Stones, nobody at the time knew what they were for, or how to use it. It's still a mystery of how Korrina and my ancestor was able to use it to Mega Evolve a Lucario, and whether it was intentional or not.

"However, afterwards, people started to notice that the best way to utilize Mega Evolution is to A.) have a Key Stone, which used to be a lot more common back then, B.) have the correct Mega Stone for the Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving, and C.), having a bond. And the rest is history," Gurkinn said.

"Wait, you said Key Stones were a lot common back then. What changed?" Dark asked.

"Well, nature changes the landscape. However, Key Stones are just like any resources, and we, as humans, tend to go through so much resource at a rapid pace than we should," Gurkinn said.

"So, how does Battle Bond connect to Mega Evolution?" Light asked.

"Well, that's the thing: Battle Bond is exactly like Mega Evolution, yet at the same time, it isn't." Gurkinn said.

"Huh?" Everyone said, confused.

"Like Mega Evolution, Battle Bond requires a bond between a Trainer and a Pokemon. However, it doesn't require any items, unlike Mega Evolution, which requires at least a Key Stone and a Mega Stone for most of the Pokemon, excluding Rayquaza." Gurkinn said.

"But how does it actually connect to Mega Evolution? Do they share the same history?" Light asked.

"Well, I did went to a village that is between Anistar City and Couriway Town, where I learned about Battle Bond, back when I was Korrina's age. However, the village only has a painting of the last Pokemon to have the Battle Bond ability, so it didn't explain much about Battle Bond," Gurkinn said.

"Oh," Light said, sounding disappointed.

"But," Gurkinn continued, "it's what got me interested in studying anything that has to do with Mega Evolution and anything similar to it. Well, more so than usual at the time.

"And during my time studying all I could about it, which was hard since there wasn't much about Battle Bond, and I didn't know that Alola did have tons of research on the matter, I did noticed the similarities of Battle Bond and Mega Evolution, the very same ones I told you. Therefore, I believe that at one point, the energy that is used in Mega Evolution also created Battle Bond." Gurkinn said.

"So, you're saying the two diverge from the same energy source?" Trevor asked.

"That's what I believe, yes." Gurkinn said. "And both Mega Evolution and Battle Bond require a bond to bring out that energy to increase a Pokemon's strength in battle, or changes their appearances."

"Yet, the methods to do so are different, right? As you said, Mega Evolution requires a Key Stone and Mega Stones, but Battle Bond doesn't require any of those things," Tierno said.

"No, it doesn't. And that's how the two are diverged from each other." Gurkinn confirmed.

"That's interesting! At least we now know a bit more about the two than we did before!" Shauna exclaimed joyously.

"But how does people Alola know more about Battle Bond than people in Kalos? I thought they wanted nothing to do with Mega Evolution. And isn't Battle Bond exactly like Mega Evolution to them?" Light asked.

"Well, that's something I've never found out. However, since Samson Oak, the person who, along with Kukui, helped Sycamore write the paper on Battle Bond, is coming to see the PWT, you can ask him more about Battle Bond if you want to know more." Gurkinn said.

"Why not Kukui? We could possibly cross paths with him in between Gym Battles," Serena said.

"Because Kukui studies Pokemon moves, not Pokemon Abilities nor characteristics. He uploads his 'research' on DianTube. Or as he says, ZeraTube," Dark said.

"I was going to say that Kukui have a more physical approach for his research, but that is a way to say it." Gurkinn said.

"So if he never study Battle Bond, how did he helped with the paper?" Light asked.

"That does raises some valid questions. Questions which can only be answered by him, Samson and Sycamore, as I was never asked to help out with any of the papers Sycamore published," Gurkinn said.

"Well, thanks for telling us everything you do know about the two. At least it gives us some insight into the connection between Battle Bond and Mega Evolution," Trevor said.

"You're welcome. And thank you all for taking the time to listen to the history of the two," Gurkinn said, opening the door.

"You're welcome," said the five friends as they got up.

"Here's one question before we leave," Dark said, also standing up. "How powerful is a Mega Evolution Successor?"

"Well, you already know the answer, since you defeated her for a Gym Battle," Gurkinn said.

"That's different. It was a Gym Battle. They're meant to test us. I want to know how strong Korrina is when she's not testing our skills?" Dark asked.

"Well, if you want to know, I can show you, Serena and Light. After all, you're going to need at least a battle to get some experience using Mega Evolution." Korrina's voice said from the doorway.

Everyone turned to see her leaning against the door. "And I figured, it would be a great opportunity to try out the dual Mega Evolution once again, just to see if it can happen more than once," Korrina said.

"Good. I won't accept anything less!" Dark said.

"What about you two? Do you want to battle against me as well?" Korrina asked Light and Serena.

"Sure. Like you said, we do need to get experience using Mega Evolution," Serena said.

"Not to mention this could be a trial run for us. To see what our bonds could provide," Light said, glancing down at his Mega Ring.

"Great! Then we can have the battle tomorrow at the balcony arena!" Korrina said.

"Now that's official, we'll see you all here tomorrow," Gurkinn said.

"See you tomorrow!" Shauna said to Gurkinn and Korrina.

"See you tomorrow," Light, Serena, Trevor, and Tierno said to Gurkinn and Korrina as well, as the five friends left.

"You better give it your all tomorrow! Because I'm gonna defeat you!" Dark said to Korrina.

"Don't hold back either, no matter what." Korrina said as Dark left the room.

To be continued...

Next time on The Mega Successor Korrina: Light, Dark and Serena battles Korrina, using Mega Evolution for the first time. Will they be able to use Mega Evolution? Will they be able to fight Korrina on even grounds? Or will they fail in their attempts?

Light's Pokemon Team(Party):

Hydro(Froakie->Frogadier/Currently blind and wearing aura glasses in order to see): Type: Water; Level: 50; Gender: Male; Ability: Battle Bond(Hidden Ability #2); Moves: Smack Down, Water Pulse, Bounce, Substitute; Nature: Mild; Personality: Laid back most of the time, serious sometimes, excited during battles; Characteristic: Sturdy body; First Met: Level: 5, Aquacorde Town, June 2nd, 2019(Chapter 1); Evolved: Level: 17, Santalune City Gym, Trust for Light and not wanting to give up, June 13th, 2019 (Chapter 9); Poke Ball of choice: Poke Ball; OT(Original Trainer): Light Kiseki

Pyro(Torchic->Combusken->Blaziken): Type: Fire-Fighting; Level: 49; Gender: Female; Ability: Speed Boost(Hidden Ability); Moves: Double Kick, Slash, Blaze Kick, Rock Tomb(TM39); Nature: Adamant; Personality: Curious about everything, want to treated as equal; Characteristics: Highly curious; First met: Level: 15, Sycamore's Pokemon Lab, June 19th, 2019(Chapter 11); Evolved: Level: 45, Shalour City, August 24th, 2019(Chapter 35); Poke Ball of choice: Cherish Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Topsy-Turvy(Inkay->Malamar): Type: Dark/Psychic; Level: 49; Gender: Female; Ability: Contrary; Moves: Foul Play, Psycho Cut, Slash, Light Screen; Personality: Really excitable; Characteristics: Highly curious; Nature: Mild; First met: Level 21, Route 8, July 14th, 2019(Chapter 21); Evolved: Level 30, Route 8, July 19th, 2019(via being upside down, between Chapter 23 and Chapter 24); Poke Ball of choice: Dusk Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Luchador(Shiny Hawlucha): Type: Fighting/Flying; Level: 49; Ability: Limber; Gender: Male; Moves: Aerial Ace, Flying Press, Sky Attack, High Jump Kick; Personality: Views each battle as a challenge, is prideful, yet honorful; Characteristics: Proud of its power; Nature; Adamant; First met: Level: 32, Route 10, August 8th, 2019(Chapter 28); Poke Ball of choice: Heal Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Umbra(Eevee): Type: Normal; Level: 49; Gender: Female; Ability: Adaptability; Moves: Swift, Bite, Frustration, Last Resort; Nature: Sassy; Personality: Sarcastic, unruly; Characteristics: Strongly defiant; First met: Level: 21, Route 10, August 5th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27); Poke Ball of choice: Nest Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Strike(Electrike->Manectric): Type: Electric; Level: 49; Gender: Male; Ability: Lightning Rod; Moves: Thunder Fang, Wild Charge, Discharge, Thunder Wave(TM73); Nature: Jolly; Personality: Really hyperactive and views everything as a game; Characteristics: Likes to run; First met: Level: 21, Route 10, August 5th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27); Evolved at: Level: 26, Route 10, August 5th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27); Poke Ball of choice: Great Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

PC:

Poison Bat(Zubat->Golbat): Type: Poison/Flying; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Inner Focus; Moves: Bite, Mean Look, Acrobatics, Venoshock; Nature: Hasty; Personality: Mostly calm, then acts all crazy during battles; Characteristics: Alert to sounds; First met: Level: 21, Connecting Caves, July 10th, 2019(Between Chapter 20 and Chapter 21); Evolved at: Level: 22; Route 9, July 15th, 2019; Poke Ball of choice: Friend Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Shield(Shieldon->Bastiodon): Type: Rock/Steel; Level: 43; Gender: Male: Ability: Sturdy; Moves: Protect, Take Down, Iron Defense, Bulldoze(TM Move); Nature: Relaxed; Personality: Completely relaxed, calm and go with his own pace; Characteristics: Likes to relax; First met: Level: 25, Ambrette Town Fossil Lab via reviving the Armor Fossil, July 15th, 2019(Chapter 23); Evolved: Level 30, July 19th, 2019, Route 8(Between Chapter 23 and Chapter 24) Poke Ball of choice: Great Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Mindshock(Shiny Cap Pikachu): Type: Electric: Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Male; Moves: Thunder Bolt, Light Screen, Double Kick, Electro Ball; Nature: Naive; Personality: Happy, small part of him is sad(read Chapter 5 for his backstory), curious; Characteristic: Highly curious; First met: Level: 10, Santalune Forest, June 5th, 2019(Chapter 5); Poke Ball of choice: Cherish Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Honor(Shiny Honedge->Shiny Doublade): Type: Steel/Ghost; Level: 43; Gender: Female; Ability: No Guard; Moves: Slash, Aerial Ace, Cut(HM Move), Shadow Sneak; Nature: Brave; Personality: Treats others respectfully and kindly; Characteristics: Good endurance; First met: Level 20, Route 6, July 2nd, 2019(Chapter 17); Poke Ball of choice: Ultra Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Blade(Shiny Ralts->Shiny Kirlia): Type: Psychic/Fairy; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Trace: Moves: Psychic, Calm Mind, Magical Leaf, Future Sight; Nature: Lonely; Personality: Likes to be by himself, mostly silent, views Light as similar being to hang out with; Characteristics: Highly persistent; First met: Level: 13, Route 4, June 19th, 2019(Chapter 11); Evolved at: Level 20, Route 5, June 26th, 2019; Poke Ball of choice: Level Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Relax(Snorlax): Type: Normal; Level: 43; Gender: Female; Ability: Immunity; Moves: Body Slam, Sleep Talk, Rest, Snore; Nature: Relaxed; Personality: Loud, a bit sleepy, Bold; Characteristic(s): Loves to eat, good endurance; First met: Level 15, Route 7, July 3rd, 2019(Chapter 19); Poke Ball of choice: Ultra Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Digger(Bunnelby->DIggersby): Type: Normal/Ground; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Huge Power(Hidden Ability); Moves: Mud Shot, Take Down, Bounce, Double Kick; Nature: Gentle; Personality: Shy and timid, determined; Characteristic: Likes to run; First Met: Level: 4, Kalos Route 2, June 3rd, 2019(Chapter 3); Evolved: Level: 20, Route 4, June 19th, 2019(Chapter 11); Poke Ball of choice: Premier Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

ESP(Shiny Espurr->Shiny Meowstic): Type: Psychic; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Infiltrator; Moves: Light Screen, Psychic, Fake Out, Disarming Voice; Nature: Calm; Personality: High levels of intelligence, a bit mischievous; Characteristics: Mischievous; First met: Level 22, Parfum Palace, July 2nd, 2019(Chapter 17); Evolved at: Level 25, July 16th, 2019, Prof. Sycamore's Lab(Between Chapter 23 and Chapter 24); Poke Ball of choice: Quick Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Phoenix(Fletchling->Fletchinder): Type: Fire/Flying; Level: 43; Gender: Female; Ability: Big Pecks; Moves: Agility, Flail, Flame Charge, Acrobatics; Nature: Adamant; Personality: Confident and determined; Characteristic: Proud of its power; First Met: Level: 5, Kalos Route 2, June 3rd, 2019(Chapter 3); Evolved: Level: 17, Route 4, June 19th, 2019(Chapter 11); Poke Ball of choice: Fast Ball; OT: Light Kiseki

Light Obtained Badges:

Bug Badge, Cliff Badge, Rumble Badge

Pokedex:

Seen: 205

Caught: 27

Serena's Pokemon Team(Party):

Destiny(Shiny Fennekin->Shiny Braixen->Shiny Delphox): Type: Fire Level: 50; Gender: Female; Ability: Blaze; Moves: Flamethrower, Mystical Fire(Evolution), Light Screen, Psyshock; Nature: Modest; Personality: Calm, peaceful, happy; Characteristic: Often lost in thought; First met: Level: 5, Aquacorde Town, June 2nd, 2019(Chapter 1); Evolved: Level 39, August 10th, 2019, Route 11(Chapter 29); Poke Ball of choice; Poke Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Nymph(Eevee): Type: Normal; Level: 49; Gender: Female; Ability: Anticipation; Moves: Swift, Covet, Charm, Double Edge; Nature: Gentle; Personality: Shy; Characteristics: Likes to relax; First met: Level: 21, Route 10, August 5th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27); Poke Ball of choice: Dream Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Anubis(Houndour->Houndoom): Type: Dark/Fire; Level: 49; Gender: Male; Ability: Flash Fire(Hidden Ability); Moves: Inferno, Fire Fang, Beat Up, Foul Play; Nature: Adamant; Personality: Loyal, obedient, blunt, harsh and truthful; Characteristics: Proud of its power; First met: Level: 22, Route 10, August 5th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27); Evolved at: Level: 24, Route 10, August 5th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27); Poke Ball of choice: Great Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Disaster(Absol): Type: Dark; Level: 49; Gender: Female; Ability: Justified; Moves: Night Slash, Detect, Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch; Nature: Adamant; Personality: Angry and wants justice; Characteristics: A little quick-tempered; First met: Level: 23, Route 8, July 14th, 2019(Chapter 21); Poke Ball of choice: Luxury Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Lacy(Shiny Espurr->Shiny Meowstic): Type: Psychic; Level: 49; Gender: Female; Ability: Keen Eye; Moves: Reflect, Psychic, Fake Out, Shadow Ball; Nature: Mild Personality: High levels of intelligence, have a strong will; Characteristics: Strong willed; First met: Level 22, Parfum Palace, July 2nd, 2019(Chapter 17); Evolved at: Level 25, July 16th, 2019, Prof. Sycamore's Lab(Between Chapter 23 and Chapter 24); Poke Ball of choice: Dream Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Whisper(Whismur->Loudred): Type: Normal; Level: 48; Ability: Soundproof; Moves: Pound, Uproar, Bite, Stomp; Nature: Quiet(Despite recent evolution and moveset, she's still this); Personality: Shy and quiet; Characteristics: Likes to relax; First met: Level: 19, Connecting Caves, July 9th, 2019(Between Chapter 20 and 21); Evolved at: Level 20, July 17th, 2019, Prof. Sycamore's Lab(Between Chapter 23 and Chapter 24); Poke Ball of choice: Great Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

PC:

Silk(Caterpie->Metapod->Butterfree): Type: Bug/Flying; Level: 43; Gender: Female; Ability: Tinted Lens(Hidden Ability); Moves: Silver Wind, Bug Buzz, Psybeam, Bug Bite(Learned it between Chapter 4 and 5); Nature; Relaxed; Personality: Caring, loving, acts like the mother to Serena's Pokemon(excluding Patterns due to them being friends); Characteristic: Good endurance; First met: Level: 4, Kalos Route 2, June 3rd, 2019(Chapter 3); Evolved: Route 22, one level late at Level: 11, June 12, 2019(Chapter 8); Poke Ball of choice: Dream Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Patterns(Scatterbug->Spewpa->Vivillon): Type: Bug/Flying; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Friend Guard(Hidden Ability); Moves: Draining Kiss, Psybeam, Aromatherapy, Bug Buzz; Nature: Hardy; Personality: Determined, sassy, protective, quick to anger; Characteristic: A little quick tempered; First met; Level: 4, Kalos Route 2, June 3rd, 2019(Chapter 3); Evolved: Alexa's Training session, June 12th, 2019(between Chapter 8 and 9); Poke Ball of choice: Luxury Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Flow(Mudkip->Marshtomp): Type: Water/Ground; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Torrent; Moves: Muddy Water, Protect, Scald(TM Move), Earthquake; Nature: Relaxed; Personality: Goes with the flow, always calm; Characteristics: Capable of taking hits; First met: Level: 15, Sycamore's Pokemon Lab, Lumiose City, June 19th, 2019(Chapter 11); Evolved at: Level 26, Battle Chateau, July 3rd, 2019(Chapter 20); Poke Ball of choice: Dive Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Spray(Panpour): Type: Water; Level: 43; Gender: Male; Ability: Torrent(Hidden Ability); Moves: Acrobatics, Scald(TM Move), Crunch, Brine; Nature: Quiet; Personality: Laid back, silent most of the time, goes with the flow; Characteristic: Likes to relax; First met: Level: 9, Santalune Forest, June 5th, 2019(Chapter 5); Poke Ball of choice: Friend Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Dazzle(Ralts->Kirlia): Type: Psychic-Fairy; Level: 43; Gender: Female; Ability: Synchronize; Moves: Psychic, Magical Leaf, Calm Mind, Draining Kiss; Nature: Gentle; Personality: Sweet and caring, even to Blade; Characteristics: Strong willed; First met: Level: 13, Route 4, June 19th, 2019(Chapter 11); Evolved: Level: 28, Route 8, July 14th, 2019; Poke Ball of choice: Heal Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Plume(Archen->Archeops): Type: Rock/Flying; Level: 43; Gender: Female; Ability: Defeatist; Moves: Pluck, Ancient Power, Crunch, Rock Tomb(TM39); Nature: Careful; Personality: Shy and careful, yet kind; Characteristics: Alert to sounds; First met: Level: 25, Ambrette Town Fossil Lab via reviving the Plume Fossil, July 15th, 2019(Chapter 23); Evolved at: Level 37, Prof. Sycamore's Lab, Lumiose City, August 6th, 2019(In between Chapter 26 and Chapter 27) Poke Ball of choice: Great Ball; OT: Serena Yvonne

Serena's Obtained Badge:

Bug Badge, Cliff Badge, Rumble Badge

Serena's Obtained Ribbon(s):

Camphrier Ribbon

Pokedex:

Seen: 205

Caught: 24

(A/N: Hey, everyone. So, if you're wondering why this chapter is short{despite the title implies it would be long}, there's two reasons why. Reason #1: While writing this, I realized that in the present day, no one would know exactly how Mega Stones came into existence. Sure, they figured it out in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, but that's only thanks to murals of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza. Not to mention the Draconids explaining how Mega Evolution came to be. However, nobody, outside of Lysandre and AZ, mentions anything about how the Ultimate Weapon was the cause of that, so I went with that logic. Not to mention they never explained how anyone found out about how to use Mega Stones back then. As for Battle Bond, given how the anime gives little explanation for it, I used the same logic here.

And reason #2: I realized that since nobody knows, it'll be a shame to try and show flashbacks for events that no one was aware of. Which is why the history of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond will be a plot-point for the AZ special chapter{when I get to that point. And trust me, that one will be a emotional roller coaster}, thus answering all of the questions that I've no doubt created with this chapter. Heck, I even want answers to the questions, and I'm the one writing this.

Before I officially close the chapter, I'll mention this one thing quick. I have no intentions of having any of Korrina's Lucarios go with either Light, Dark or Serena. While some people may argue with me, saying that it was their choice, I always felt it was odd that in the games, the two Lucarios were fine being with Korrina for years. And then suddenly a random person starts their journey around Kalos and one of the Lucario suddenly decided, 'Hey, I'm just going to leave the Trainer I've been with for years to go with this random nobody all because I like their aura.'

Again, I get that in the games, it was the choice of that one Lucario, but I felt like either it should've been handled well, like giving us more interactions with the Lucario, or done something else, like Korrina giving the character a Riolu Egg and a Lucarionite.

Which, spoiler warnings, is something that I'm going to have Korrina do either in the next chapter by the end of this arc. So, for those of you who might question why I changed that detail, what I've mentioned above is my reason why.

Anyways, thanks for reading the chapter. And forgotten to mention this, but thanks for getting this story up to 6.2 thousand reads. I appreciated your support to the story just by reading, voting and commenting on the story. And remember, please give me suggestions for Trevor, Tierno, Shauna, Anna, Amelia and Lisia's teams. Any suggestions will be credited in the author's note at the beginning of each chapter, along with when they'll have the Pokemon in question. The only downside is no Galar Pokemon, as I don't know any Galar Pokemon due to fact I haven't played Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Versions yet, and Pokemon Go! don't count in my case.

With that out of the way, see you all next time. Hope your year is good. And remember: gotta catch 'em all!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 92 24
"There are Pokémon that wish to do good...and there are those who desire harm. The line between the two is often blurred and sometimes, it is only by...
7.3K 136 13
Pokémon: Betrayed-Chosen+Prime What happens when you come home after saving the Kalos Region? What happens when most of your friends, family, and Pok...
1.6K 237 113
N's son Neptune has long accepted that his own son died in tragic circumstances. So when he gets an unexpected call from a stranger in Galar, claimin...
70.1K 1.2K 29
I don't own Pokemon or any of its characters. All of that belongs to Tsunekazu Ishihara and everyone else who actually owns Pokemon. I just made the...