The Broken Photoframe - A Dar...

By loveisasweetpoison

[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a po... More

🦋Author's Note🦋
🦋 Story Trailer🦋
1. Hark Back To...🦋
2. New🦋
3. Amor🦋
4. Prince Charming🦋
5. Dreamcatcher🦋
6. Soccer🦋
🦋Cast+Characters🦋
7. Cheesy🦋
8. Love birds🦋
9. Chemistry🦋
10. Distraction🦋
11. Falling...🦋
12. Secret?🦋
13. Little Bro.🦋
15. Wild Kitty🦋
16. First Kiss🦋
17. Shadow🦋
18. Because Of You🦋
19. Nice To Meet You🦋
20. Law of the Jungle🦋
21. Right thing to do🦋
22. Smell of burning🦋
23. Early Christmas Gift🦋
24. Missed Out🦋
25. Red Wine🦋
26. Ignite🦋
27. Nothing More, Nothing Less🦋
28. Scandal 🦋
29. Bitterness🦋
30. Small Chat..🦋
31. Midnight Call🦋
32. Big Sister🦋
33. Thump🦋
34. Thank you🦋
35. Shopping🦋
36. Not bad🦋
37. Mrs. Ryan🦋
38. Golden sand🦋
39. Blue🦋
40. The Vow🦋
41. Damn Heart🦋
42. Emerald🦋
43. Sweet Temptation🦋
44. Inner-beast🦋
45. More than enough🦋
46. Drunk On Me🦋
47. Sky Is Pink🦋
48. Been A While🦋
49. Missing Pieces 🦋
50. The Broken Photoframe 🦋
🦋Thank You🦋
🦋Book #2 Alert!!🦋
🦋Kindle🦋
🦋Not an update🦋

14. Citrus🦋

1.5K 104 24
By loveisasweetpoison

Honk. Honk.

I impatiently pressed my car honk loudly when I reached Rose's house. The front door creaked open and Rose came out hastily.

"Why are you so late?" Rose asked me with a grim tone as she yanked open the car door and about to climb up. She paused a little when she took a look at me.

"Wow, Liza, you look so chic." She slowly sat on the passenger seat.

"That dress really suits you." She wiggled her prominent brows at me.

"Yeah?" I smiled back at her. "Thanks."

I was wearing a dress, which one I purchased, when we went shopping for Rose. The other day we spent almost three hours helping Rose to pick a gorgeous dress for her special day.

I was wearing a dark blue knee-length body con dress with short sleeves, V neckline and allover sufficiently lace detailing. I wore matching flats with the dress. I should've bought a pair of heels with that dress.

I didn't just upgrade my dress sense. I also did a lot of work with my makeup.

Well, not me. All the possible credits should go to my mom. I willingly gave myself to my mom's capable hand for that grand party make over. She did all the work. My rebellious hair was pulled back into a loose stylish bun, with some loose strands of hair falling over the sides of my face. My plump cheeks were pinched with rosy colour, my eyes were smouldering with the creative touch of eye shadow and my glossy lips brushed over with a hot red lipstick.

Well, I thought I was kind of looking hot with my transformed look.

"This dress is stunning!" Rose squinted her eyes at me. "How come I missed that dress?"

"Shut up." I laughed as I started the engine. "You already tried and rejected it. I picked this up from your rejected pile of dresses." I rolled my eyes.

"Oops!" she winked at me slyly. "I guess I missed something good."

"Come on." I laughed gaily. "You are looking fabulous in that sexy dress."

She was wearing a red hot deep cleavage knee-length dress with golden glittery high heels. Her dazzled eyes were smoking hotly and her rosy lips were painted with a hot red shade.

She was looking sexy as hell!

She smiled happily. "Yeah? Do you think Ron will like my dress?"

How would I know?

If anyone asked me honestly, The more I acknowledged him, the less I understood him. It was so different to take a guess about the inner side of his head. But I smiled at Rose. "Of course, he will. Don't worry."

I didn't want to take any chances and voluntarily brought my car. I was sure Rose would be drunk again and I didn't want to bother Ron at his birthday party.

Rose told me Ron was holding his birthday party at his penthouse, so she was giving me the direction of his penthouses.

After like twenty minutes later, we finally reached our intended destination. A big high-class building dwarfed the other buildings around it and stood high and above.

When we were at the main gate, I found some private security guards were roaming that area. When we gradually approached them, they asked our name and checked out our id. They carefully looked at our name on the computer and finally let us enter.

We slowly pulled into an underground garage with lots of luxury cars. I felt a little down to see that most of the cars were new Mercedes, Porsche and Audi. Among all of them my truck stood out. I was completely out of that place. I cut the engine as soon as I was in a spot and got out swiftly from my car. A chauffeur was waiting at the elevator to accept guests.

Ding!

The elevator door opened and we finally made it in a magnificent room. That place was enormous. It was as big as our college's basketball court. There were only people with the same age group as Ron. Well few were around our ages and could also be seen.

We tried to find Oli or Ron. We started to ask people and finally spotted Oli was sitting on the bar counter with some other people. We sighed with relief.

"There you are!" Rose told her as soon as we reached her. "We were trying to find you like crazy." she huffed.

"Calm down." Oli said flatly. "You will sweat off your face."

"Gah!" Rose gasped and I giggled gaily.

"You are looking good," Oli said as she properly looked at me from head to toe. "Rose did a good job by tagging you with her for shopping." I smiled cheekily.

"Wow, I love your dress," an attractive brunette in a black dress who was sitting with Oli, told Rose impressively.

"Thanks." Rose thanked her with a smug expression .

We instantly started to talk like a lively bunch of talkative birds. After a few minutes later the brunette excused herself.

"Hi, ladies." Suddenly Ron popped up from nowhere and greeted us with a welcoming smile.

Damn, he looked hot.

His hazel hair was gelled back, undoubtedly making him look very dashing and handsome. He was wearing a burgundy two-piece suit with cream coloured shirt underneath, fitted perfectly like it was sewed on his well-defined body. Silver cuff links could be sufficiently shown underneath his sleeves. He completed his look with a black pair of Italian shoes.

"Hi, Ron, happy birthday." Rose beamed as she graciously extended her hand to Ron with the gift she bought for him the other day. It was a leather set with a belt, wallet and key ring.

"Thank you." He smiled tenderly as he accepted the gift and looked at her.

"Open it." Rose asked impatiently. Ron laughed and unwrapped the gift and opened the box. "Thanks. They will be of good use." He placed it just above the stool which was placed at the corner of the counter.

"You look really beautiful today, Rose." He gave her a dazzling smile.

"Thanks." I thought Rose was going to die with ultimate happiness. Next he looked at me. He bit his bottom lip as his luminous blue eyes roamed around from my head to toe.

"Today, You look different, Liza." He chuckled in a low voice. "For a mere second I couldn't recognise you."

"Thanks." I smiled at him merrily. "I guess, my hard work paid off."

"Did you guys take anything?" He humbly asked us as he leaned on the counter. We shook our heads. He turned his head to the bartender. "Lime martini for all of us." The bartender nodded his head and instantly started to make the drinks.

"Not for me," I hastily said. "I don't drink any strong alcohol other than red wine."

"Why?" Ron's hand paused, which was passing a glass from the bartender to Rose.

"Because alcohol has a bitter taste, and also bad for health. Although red wine is also bitter, the alcohol and certain organic substances in red wine are called antioxidants which help to prevent coronary artery disease, a condition that leads to heart attacks." I properly finished my lecture and looked at them.

Rose's eyes widened.

Oli was frozen with the glass which was nearly touching her lips.

Ron just blinked.

"Do you guys understand?" I smiled nervously after observing their odd reactions.

"No!" Rose whined. "You just hurt my brain, and now I have a terrible headache, thanks to you."

I pouted at them.

"Alright." Ron laughed heartily and turned to the bartender. "One red wine for this lady, please."

"Sorry sir, we don't have any red wine at this moment," the bartender politely informed us.

"Pardon!" Ron uttered with a comparative calm yet stern voice. "You are saying we don't have red wine to serve!"

I sensed trouble so I rapidly said,

"It's fine, I don't want to drink anyway, because I have to drive back home." I smiled at him reassuringly. "I will drink something else."

Ron was still looking at the bartender in raging mode, then he slowly looked at me. "I am sorry Liza. I will arrange something for you." He solemnly gave me an apologetic look.

"Hey, it's okay, really." I eagerly tried to cheer him up. "I will drink when I want to, Alright?"

"Ron, come here." Somebody suddenly called him. "Join us here, buddy."

"Yeah, coming." Ron looked back at us after raising his hand to that guy. "I will catch you up later." He smiled amiably as he turned around to leave. I hurriedly called him, "Ron, wait."

He stopped instantly and looked eagerly at me with a questioning look.

"Here." I carefully pulled the blue paper-wrapped gift from my handbag. "This is a small thing for you for your birthday."

It was a simple walnut wooden photo frame, decorated with some handcraft. Like Oli told me earlier, Ron liked to decorate his house with photos. I thought it would be perfect for his taste.

He blinked at me in genuine surprise and swallowed a little. "Thanks." he murmured smilingly.

Taking a deep breath, I handed it to him. He rubbed his fingers on the blue glossy paper gift wrapper.

"I hope it will fit with your liking." I smiled gently.

"Thanks." He said once again as he put the packet into the inner upper pocket of his maroon jacket delicately.

His friends started to call him again, so he went to them, with his lime martini. We didn't need him anyway. Three girls were enough to make a chatterbox. I looked around and found a punch bowl on the other side of that big room. I excused myself from my friends and made my way to the punch bowl. I poured some red liquid into a little glass. I took a sip, making a face at the tart flavour before making my way back to my friends through the crowds.

"Your eyeliner is smudged," suddenly Oli told Rose. "You should do something about that. It looks terrible."

"What!" Rose hurriedly took out a pocket mirror from her gold metallic clutch purse and gasped as she looked at her reflection on the mirror. "I look horrible." she panicked. "Where is the washroom?"

Oli got up. "Follow me." She looked at me. "What about you, Liza?"

"I'll wait here for you guys here," I told them slowly. Actually I was feeling a little uneasy, but I didn't bother them.

Oli nodded her head and led Rose to the washroom.

I took another glass of that cherry red liquid and turned around to go back to the previous place.

Whoa! The room spun.

I had to grab the table. I made my way very carefully to the counter. I slowly sat down as I took a sip from my glass.

"You okay?" A sonorous, concerned voice suddenly asked me from the upside of my head. I slowly looked up to see a familiar calming pair of azure blue eyes.

I blinked, then nodded slowly before taking another nervous sip of my punch.

"But you look....funny," Ron notified me as he knotted his dark thick brows together. He looked attractive even with that serious face and those knotted brows.

I swayed my head rhythmically as I lifted the crystal glass to my lips, sipping on it and was making a face at the sour flavour. I thought a little and held the glass out to Ron who looked at me with an odd expression. He looked funny. Maybe he needed some drinks. He snatched the glass and took a sip from it, then his face became red.

"How much did you drink?" Ron suddenly inquired. I blinked and held up four fingers. He cursed under his breath as he dumped the drink in the dustbin and slammed the glass on the counter.

I tried to stand up when the world seemed to tilt, and my head began to dance in a jolly way. I grabbed for the nearest thing, to steady myself. But I didn't have much strength to properly maintain my hold on to something. So I slipped.

Oh, no...

And I could see that dark wooden floor was coming up to encounter my face, but instead of crushing on the floor I landed on something hard yet comfortable and warm. Suddenly I felt extremely relaxed and stable. My vision became totally fuzzy. So I closed my eyes and slowly leaned towards that cosy place. Suddenly I could feel a pleasant taste on my lips. My favourite flavour.

Citrus.

It felt absolutely divine after the tart flavoured punch, so I instantly started to lick it gently while enjoying the familiar taste. But it seemed not enough.

I wanted more!

I gradually turn my licking into sucking and light biting.

Mmmm......

That felt nice...

I hadn't stopped and continued my sucking persistently to taste all of it. And suddenly it...gently opened and let me enter my tongue voluntarily. Next I was sucking on it so hard as if my dear life depended on it. And surprisingly it also started to respond to my sucking and licking. My tongue tangled with something soft and irresistible. I grazed my teeth on it lightly.

It slowly started to taste much better.

Then I was out.

Completely.

************
Author's note:-

My favourite flavour also is citrus💕

What about you guys????

Vote
(The star button below)

Comment 💬

Share😘💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 208K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...
23.9K 1.5K 42
[18+ ] [Photoframe Series Book #2]🦋 If you get a chance to taste a bite of a bittersweet chocolate, you will get addicted immediately. No matter how...
27.1K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
272K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...