Pokemon XY&Z: Journey of Bonds

By Daggett19

Since the beginning of time, people and Pokemon have lived in peace in harmony coexisting with one another fo... More

Prologue 1: The Legendary and Mythical Council
Prologue 2: Lysandre's Goals And A New Light Born
Prologue 3: The Meeting and Pokedex Assistants Chosen
Story Arcs/Special Chapters
Meet The Characters
Pokemon League Rules and Regulation
Pokemon Contest Rules and Regulations
Season 1: Summer
Chapter 1: A Mew Journey
Chapter 2: A Kalos Froakie
Chapter 3: A Fletchling Catch
Chapter 4: Smeargle-made Pokeballs
Chapter 5: The Forest Infestation
Chapter 6: Quite Farfetch'd
Chapter 7: The Zigzagoon Skates
Chapter 8: A Litleo Training
Chapter 9: Comedic Surskit
Chapter 10: Gogoat To Lumiose City
Chapter 11: Fairy Game
Chapter 12: The Torchic Battle!
Chapter 13: Give Me A Pyroar!
Chapter 14: Let's Have A Goodra Time!
Special Chapter 1: Dustin's Journal Entry #1
Chapter 15: No Need To Be Corphish!
Chapter 16: Make A Bug Buzz Contest Debut!
Chapter 17: The Honedge Path!
Chapter 18: Furfrou Garden Maze!
Chapter 19: Arceus's Chosen Protector and Pokeflute!
Chapter 20: Start of A Ivysaur Bond!
Chapter 21: Absol-ute Fossils
Chapter 22: A Blazing Rivalry!
Chapter 23: The Mightyena Flare!
Chapter 24: The Onix-pected Bike Race!
Chapter 25: Taking Out The Tyrunt!
Chapter 26: Golett To Geosenge Town!
Special Chapter 3: The Strongest Mega Evolution Act I
Special Chapter 4: Dustin's Journal Entry# 2
Chapter 27: Gulpin Some Flare Energy!
Chapter 28: Fighting The Aura Canine!
Chapter 29: Destiny's Blazing Anger!
Chapter 30: Reflecting With Wobbuffet!
Chapter 31: Intriguing Battle With Pidgeotto!
Chapter 32: Spiky Shielding Quilladin!
Chapter 33: Fire Spinning The Contest!
Chapter 34: Sycamore's Mega Research!
Chapter 35: Combusken Training!
Chapter 36: Wartortle Rain Dance!
Chapter 37: Mega Gym Battle Part 1: Triple Battle Vs. Gym Trainers!
Chapter 38: Mega Gym Battle Part 2: Vs. Mega Successor Korrina and Mega Lucario!
Chapter 39: The Mega Rings
Chapter 40: History of Mega Evolution and Battle Bond
Chapter 41: The Mega Evolution Successor Korrina
Chapter 42: Battle of Light and Dark
Chapter 43: Flow-ing with Mega Evolution
Chapter 44: Light's Mega Feelings! Light Gives Up?...

Special Chapter 2: Steven Stone and Metagross's Mega Evolution Training

92 3 0
By Daggett19

(A/N: This is the second special chapter of this book. This one will be about Steven Stone as he trains at the Tower of Mastery with his Metagross to withstand Mega Evolution. The reason why he wants to do this is because his Metagross wants to help Steven become the strongest Trainer in Hoenn while using Mega Evolution yet the two can't find even ground to use it and possibly even reclaim his title as Champion of the Hoenn Region. This will also have flashbacks of how he lost the title of Champion to Wallace, and how Steven became Champion. This will also have the backstory of how Steven got his Key Stone and the Metagrossite and their training. The flashbacks will be in italics. Hope you enjoy the story and please vote and comment. All images are from Bulbapedia and all music are from YouTube and their respective owners.)

Steven's P.O.V. Pokemon League Champion's Room, Ever Grande City, Hoenn Region 3:00 P.M.-June 23rd, 2005-14 Years Ago

(A/N: Ignore the player character in the image below. As given in this book, it is stated by the time Brendan began his journey, Wallace is Champion before being beaten by the former. Just imagine it's Wallace standing opposite of Steven.)

"Aggron is unable to battle! Champion Steven Stone has one more Pokemon left while the challenger Wallace Mikuri has two remaining! Steven, choose your last Pokemon." The computer said. Steven is in the middle of a battle for his title as Champion. He was wearing his Champion's cape, something he only wears if he in battle, for public events, or even when dealing with those Team Aqua and Magma folks.

"Return Aggron. You did great." Steven said as he returned the Pokemon back into his Dusk Ball before pulling out his last Pokeball, his trusted Pokemon's Cherish Ball. "Go Metagross!" Steven said as he called out his last Pokemon, who is a shiny and his first Pokemon when he started his journey. The person challenging him was the former Gym Leader of Sootopolis City and Top Coordinator of the Hoenn Region, Wallace Mikuri.

(A/N: I chosen the image below to show how Wallace looks back then before Brendan's journey across the Hoenn Region.)

Wallace had two Pokemon left: his Wailord who is almost out of HP and his Milotic. Wallace is also the first person in Steven's time as Champion to make it to the Champion's room since Steven himself. Wallace had managed to win the Ever Grande Conference and even beaten the Elite 4, which is no easy task.

However, it is no surprise given Wallace's strength and that this isn't even his first time in this room. In fact, this is the second time Wallace entered the Ever Grande Conference. The last time was six and a half years ago, when before Wallace even became a Gym Leader and he was still under Juan's teachings.

The reason why Wallace even decided to be Champion was because of two reasons. One is because his master, Juan, decided to become Gym Leader again. The second reason is so that he can monitor the League since Steven usually go around Hoenn, finding stones and rocks.

However, Steven isn't going to make it easy for Wallace, even with the odds stacked against him. If he gave up now, he wouldn't had earned the Champion's status along with the white cape he is currently wearing to show his status.

"Metagross, use Bullet Punch!" Steven cried out as Metagross charged towards Wailord with on of its arms, not giving Wailord a chance to do anything or even Wallace to give out a order. Wailord was hit and gave one last cry before fainting as his picture faded to black.

"Wailord is unable to battle! Both Trainers have one more Pokemon left! Wallace, please return your Wailord and choose your last Pokemon." The computer in the room said as Wallace pulled out the Dive Ball, making him one of the only two Gym Leaders in Hoenn to use those types of Pokeballs with the other one being Juan.

Return Wailord. You did great taking out half his team. Your deed will not go in vain." Wallace said as he returned his Wailord before pulling out Milotic's Dive Ball. "Go, Milotic! Let's finish this for the others!" Wallace said as he called out his final Pokemon. Milotic's picture showed up on the scoreboard as the last Pokemon, with both her and Metagross having full HP.

"Let's the final match begin!" The computer said. "Metagross, use Bullet Punch!" Steven said as Metagross charged forward again with his arm in front, prepared to strike Milotic.

"Milotic, dodge it with Surf!" Wallace said as Milotic used the move with grace, which is no surprise to Steven since Wallace's hobby is competing in Pokemon Contests. Some of the move managed to hit Metagross though.

"Metagross, use Giga Impact!" Steven said as Metagross used the move, charging towards Milotic with the force of a freight train. "Milotic, dodge it by using Ice Beam to slide!" Wallace said as Milotic shot ice from her mouth to the side, then slide on it, dodging Metagross.

Or so they thought. "Metagross, turn right." Steven said with a smirk as Metagross did what was said, hitting Milotic. Metagross winced in pain due to the recoil, though not much.

"Milotic, use Recover!" Wallace said with a smirk while Steven internally groaned. The move that most people spammed out just to annoy their opponents. However, it isn't illegal, so he just roll with it as Milotic was surrounded by a blue glow before it vanished, along with her injuries.

"Milotic, use Surf but freeze it with Ice Beam to hit harder!" Wallace said as Milotic begin to use the move. However, Steven wasn't going to let them use it.

"Metagross, stop her in her tracks with Zen Headbutt!" Steven said as Metagross's head glowed blue before charging at Milotic, hitting her hard with a critical hit and sending her backwards towards Wallace.

Milotic then took a moment to eat the Sitrus Berry she had hidden in her tail healing her injuries. "Milotic, heal your injuries some more with another Recover!" Wallace said as Milotic was about to do the same thing again.

"Metagross, use Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash at the same time!" Steven said as Metagross hit Milotic with both moves, the second one have some colors coming off it. Even though these moves were not very effective, they did prevented her from using the Recover move so that worked out.

Plus, being Champion means that  you have to use moves that may be non-effective to catch your opponents off-guard. It's not always about using the moves that would always win. That and also using your favorite Pokemon, which is one of the things Steven like about his role as Champion.

"Metagross, use Giga Impact!" Steven said as Metagross charged right at Milotic again. "Milotic, counter it with Surf!" Wallace said as Milotic surfed on a huge wave of water and hit Metagross, hitting him with a critical hit.

Metagross was starting to get exhausted, yet Steven isn't going to give up and neither would Metagross. They been through so much battles together to get to where they are know. Wallace still have to make the final effort for the title if he wants it.

"Metagross, use Zen Headbutt again! This time, use Giga Impact afterwards!" Steven said as Metagross nodded its head. Metagross then charged towards Milotic with its head glowing blue.

"Milotic, let's finish this and take the title! Use Surf to overtake Metagross, then put it in ice!" Wallace said as Milotic surfed on the wave of water, hitting Metagross. She then shot ice from her mouth and froze the water around Metagross, causing it to be stuck. Or so they thought.

"Metagross, break out with Meteor Mash!" Steven said as Metagross punched its way out and landed back on the ground. Metagross floated back to Steven's side of the room.

"You manage to surprise me Wallace, but I've planned for something like this since Glacia did the same thing to me four years ago." Steven said with a smirk, only to be confused by Wallace's grin.

"I know. But see here, my plan is not to trap you. It was to distract you. Milotic, finish this with Surf!" Wallace said as Milotic surfed on the waves and hit Metagross, causing it to hit the ground hard. When the waves left, it showed Metagross had fainted. Metagross's picture faded to black before Wallace's picture took up the screen with the words 'WINNER! NEW CHAMPION, WALLACE MIKURI!' in bold lettering under his picture.

"Metagross is unable to battle! The winner of the match and the title of Champion is Wallace Mikuri." The computer said as Wallace and Steven returned their Pokemon. Steven took off the white cape that he worn for so long and gave it to Wallace.

"Wallace Mikuri. You have shown your strength and prowess and overcome the hurdles in the path to become Champion. Now you are the official Pokemon League Champion of the Hoenn League in Ever Grande City. Follow me so we can put you and your Pokemon in the Hall of Fame to record your efforts." Steven said, repeating the same words said to him when he first became Champion.

In the Hall of Fame, the room behind Steven's room, now Wallace's room, is a machine that looked like it belonged at the Pokemon Center. However, in the room is pictures of those who were Champions before. Steven looked at the picture next to his picture. The picture belonged to Drake, who is now an Elite 4 member after being beaten by Steven back then. Drake was in his twenties when he became the Champion at the time.

"Welcome, Wallace to the Hall of Fame. Here, your efforts and that of your Pokemon's will be recorded forever. Put your Pokemon on the machine so that they will be healed and their pictures can be taken. Then enter your name into the machine." Steven said to Wallace, who nodded before putting his Dive Balls on the machine.

His team's pictures and records showed up on the machine. Wallace entered his name into the device and his picture showed up too, next to his team. Wallace put on the Champion's cape, accepting his new role as Champion. "I will honor this role and protect Hoenn with my life." Wallace said as he and Steven walked out of the room, and to the lobby, where Steven will be leaving the League soon to go back to his house in Mossdeep City.

The Elite 4 were waiting there, ready to say  good-bye to their former Champion while he let Nurse Joy heal his team. Steven walked up to them to allow them to say their farewells to him.

The first one to say good-bye is Sydney, the Dark-Type Elite 4 member. "Bye Stone. We had a good run together. Going to be a bit dark and sad without ya." Sydney said as he gave Steven a fist-bump.

The next one to say good-bye is Phoebe, the Ghost-Type Elite 4 member. "I will miss you. Take care." Phoebe said as she hugged Steven like a sister. "I will miss you too. I hope to visit you on Mt. Pyre sometime." Steven said to her before facing the third Elite 4, Glacia.

As her name suggests, she specializes in Ice-Type Pokemon and have the personality as one. Mainly for those who only battle half-heartedly. However, she does have a soft spot and she is nice once you get to know her. Plus she was the one who gave Steven the idea on how to get his Pokemon out of ice.

"Good luck. May your life be as warm as your heart." She said with a small smile as she gave him a handshake. "Thank you Glacia. You too." Steven said as he turned towards the last Elite 4, former Champion before him, and his mentor figure, Drake.

Drake, despite his appearance as a captain of a ship, is a master of Dragon-Type Pokemon, which was the reason why no one had taken the title of Champion from him before Steven did. Even then, the match was a close one due to Drake's Pokemon knowing Flamethrower and Earthquake, harmful to Steven's team.

After Steven became Champion, Drake decided to stay but as a Elite 4 member, and the strongest one there was. Not many Trainers can get pass him, which is the reason why Steven didn't had any challengers before Wallace. Eventually over the years, they had a friendship, and now Steven was leaving the League.

"Good luck Steven. Hope you have a successful life ahead of you." Drake said as he gave Steven a hug that would normally crush a normal person's ribs. Good thing Steven had years of being subjected to it to be used to it. "You too Drake. See you soon." Steven said before he picked up his team and walked out of the front door.

Meteor Falls, Northwestern Hoenn-11:46 A.M., February 21st, 2019-Four Months Ago

"What did you found, Metagross?" Steven asked his partner Pokemon. For fourteen years, Steven been travelling around the Hoenn Region. He acted like a mentor to Brendan, the Trainer who piqued his interest. And for good reasons, as not only did Brendan stopped Team Aqua and Magma, but also beated Wallace, becoming the Champion of the Hoenn Region. And he had that title for fourteen years now. Steven had been training though to hopefully take back that title.

He even saw the Trainer that Prof. Birch had talked about: Sawyer Sable of Petalburg City. Steven saw promise in Sawyer and agreed with Sycamore that Sawyer should head to the Kalos Region to compete in their League Conference, so he can gain the experience needed for the Ever Grande Conference.

However, right now, his Metagross handed him the two things he found: a small round stone and a slightly bigger stone. "The Key Stone and Metagrossite." Steven said in awe. He knew about Mega Evolution since his father, the head of Devon Corporation, told him about it. Not only that, but Maxie, Archie, Brendan, Birch's daughter May, Brendan's rival Wally and even the mysterious Zinnia used Mega Evolution fourteen years ago.

Not only that, but he heard that a Champion, a Gym Leader from Kalos plus the Gym Leader's grandfather, a Trainer that went missing six years ago, and two Trainers from Pallet Town are able to Mega Evolve their Pokemon. That what fueled Steven and Metagross's determination to find a Key Stone and Metagrossite. So they can train at the Tower of Mastery in the Kalos Region.

"That's great, Metagross. You knows what this means, right?" Steven asked with a grin. "Meta Gross.(Yes I do.)" Metagross said. "Time to head to Kalos." Steven said as he and Metagross walked out of Meteor Falls with Steven's stuff, as Steven recounted the day he became Champion.

Champion's Room, Ever Grande City-4:00 P.M., May 23rd, 1999-20 years ago

Dang it! Steven said in his thoughts as his Lairon was getting a royal beating from Drake's Salamence. Soon, Lairon's pain ended as he fainted. His picture faded to black. "Lairon is unable to battle! Drake's Salamence wins this round! Both Trainers each have one more Pokemon left! Steven, choose your last Pokemon!" The referee said as Steven returned Lairon before pulling out Metang's Cherish Ball.

Steven was 19 years old at the time when he won the Ever Grande Conference and managed to beat the Elite 4. Now he was in the middle of most difficult battle ever, the battle for the Champion's title. "Go, Metang!" Steven said as he called out his last Pokemon.

"Let the final round begin!" The referee said, lowering both flags. "Salamence, use Earthquake." Drake said as Salamence was prepared to hit the ground, to set off the move. "Metang, use Metal Claw!" Steven said, as Metang hit Salamence quickly, causing him to misjudge the impact of the move. "Very impressive, Stone. Not anyone can stop Salamence from attacking." Drake praised Steven, despite his outward appearance.

"Thanks sir." Steven said, respecting his opponent who is his elder. Just like his father told him to do. "However, that isn't enough to win the match. Salamence, use Flamethrower." Drake said, as Salamence used the move.

"Metang, dodge it and use Psychic!" Steven said. Metang nodded its head before ducking under the flames and hit Salamence with the psychic attack, as its eyes glowed blue. Salamence was thrown against the wall, though shook off the pain.

"Salamence, use Earthquake again." Drake said as Salamence striked the ground. "Metang, use Reflect and Light Screen!" Steven said as Metang summoned the reflective screen around itself, reducing the damage from the attack. "Hmm. Reflect and Light Screen. You're planning on increasing your Metang's defense and special defense." Drake said. "Yes. I know your Salamence has moves that can take down Metang, so I came prepared." Steven said, just as Metang started trembling.

He soon started glowing, meaning that he was evolving. After the light disappeared, it showed that Metang had evolved into Metagross! "Congrats Metagross!" Steven said in joy. "Metagross!(Yay!)" Metagross said in agreement.

"Not surprised that your Metang just evolved. It's really determined to win, but that's not enough to win alone." Drake said, having a small grin on his face. "I know. However, we going to win the Champion title!" Steven said, getting a confidence boost. "Let's see if you can back your words." Drake said.

"Salamence, use Earthquake!/Metagross, use Meteor Mash!" Drake and Steven said at the same time as their Pokemon used the moves, colliding with each other, causing a dust cloud to appear, blocking the Pokemon from the Trainers. Once it cleared up, it showed that Salamence was defeated, with Metagross heavily damaged. Thank Rayquaza for the Reflect. Steven said in his thoughts as Salamence's picture faded to black.

"Salamence is unable to battle! The winner of this match, and the title of the Champion of the Hoenn Region, is Steven Stone!" The referee said, pointing the red flag at Steven. "Well done, lad." Drake said, returning Salamence as Steven returned Metagross. "You're the first person who managed to defeat me in the thirty years I've been Champion." He said, having a smirk on his face.

"Thank you, sir." Steven said to Drake. "Now, no need for the sir bit anymore, Champion." Drake said as he handed the cape to Steven. "Yes, sir, I mean, Drake." Steven said to the former Champion. "I think I'll stay here as a Elite 4 member. Anyways, follow me so we can put you and your team in the Hall of Fame." Drake said as the two head to the Hall of Fame.

"Put your Pokeballs in this machine so that your Pokemon can recover as their pictures and records get recorded into here." Drake said, patting the device. Steven nodded his head before taking off his Dusk Balls and Cherish Balls off his belt and put them in the machine. His team's picture and records showed up on the device's screen.

"Just enter your name and that's will seal the deal." Drake said as Steven typed his name into the machine. Soon his own picture appeared in the center, next to his team, before it was put in a picture frame. "And there, you are now the Hoenn League Champion." Drake said to Steven as they both walked out, so they can broadcast the news to the entire region.

Tower of Mastery, Shalour City, Northwestern Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-2:00 P.M., February 23rd, 2019-Few Months Ago

"Here we are, Metagross." Steven said, holding the Cherish Ball out so that it can see the tower too. "Metagross." Metagross said from the Cherish Ball. "We just need to meet the Mega Evolution Successor to start our training." Steven said as he walked into the tower. In the center of the room is a statue of a Lucario that looked different with a door at the base of it. "Mega Evolution." Steven said in awe. Behind the statue is a long staircase that extends to the top floor of the tower.

"Hey, you must be the guy from Hoenn! So you want to train with us? Going to warn you though, the training will be hard!" A female voice said from behind him. Steven turned around to see two people, two of the people who can Mega Evolve in Kalos.

The female is Korrina, the Gym Leader of Shalour City and current Mega Evolution Successor. The other person next to her is her grandfather, Gurkinn, who used to be the Mega Evolution Successor. These days, he makes things for Trainers of Kalos to keep their Key Stones in. Gurkinn has his Mega Glove in his pocket given how Steven can see the glove poking from there..

"Korrina, that is not how a Mega Evolution Successor acts like." Gurkinn lightly scolded Korrina. "Sorry grandpa." Korrina said while rubbing the back of her head. Steven can clearly see the Key Stone embedded in her right glove.

"Welcome to the Tower of Mastery. Here, you and your Pokemon will be training, whether they can Mega Evolve or not for the next seven weeks. Over the weeks you spend here, your training will be more harder than the last. If you can't take it, you can leave at anytime. On the last day, your last test is to see if you can at least beat me or end the battle in a draw. Over the course of your training, Gurkinn will make your Mega item to keep your Key Stone in and an accessory for your Metagross to hold the Metagrossite. Are you in or do you want to leave?" Korrina said, taking a mature tone with Gurkinn nodding.

"I'm in." Steven said. "Good, your first day begins tomorrow." Korrina said as she offered her hand to be shook. Steven took her hand and shook it. "Let me see your Key Stone and the Metagrossite. So I can see which accessory is the best fit." Gurkinn said while holding his hand outward. "Sure." Steven said, handing the two stones over. Gurkinn inspected them for a second before nodding.

"I will give them back to you on the last day of training." Gurkinn said as he went through the door in the base of the statue. "I will show you to the guest room." Korrina said as she showed Steven where he will be sleeping. Soon Steven was getting ready for some sleep. "Well, Metagross, guys, we start our training tomorrow. Let's make the best of it." Steven said before falling asleep.

February 24th, 2019-1:00 P.M. Day 1, Week 1

Steven was in the middle of his first training. His first training is carrying a bunch of bags of bricks and stones and moving them from the Tower of Mastery to the other side of Shalour City while his team were training with Gurkinn and Korrina's Pokemon teams. The task would be hard for anyone else, but given the fact Steven had spent years digging for stones and carrying them to his house in Mossdeep City or to Devon Corporation, it wasn't that hard. This is to teach him to always have discipline and patience, no matter what happens, whether in Pokemon battles or in his personal life.

Soon Steven got done with the task and was breathing heavily. Korrina gave him a bottle of water to keep him hydrated. "Thank you." Steven said as he gulped down some of the water. "No prob." Korrina said with a smirk. "That's the end of today's training." Korrina said as she walked back inside to prepared the place for the evening.

February 26th, 2019-12:00 P.M., Day 3, Week 1

It was pouring Skitty and Poochyena during the afternoon(Not actual Skitty and Poochyena, just an expression for the rain). This day's training requires Steven to stand under a waterfall with Metagross. This was so they can both feel the same thing, as Mega Evolution does have the Trainer and Pokemon feel the same heartbeat. So this is just to prepare them.

"This is kind of cold, isn't it?" Steven asked his partner. "Metagross.(Not really.)" Metagross said, with a shake of its head. "Lucky." Steven said, before the two were pelted with hails . "Metagross.(Now I felt it.)" Metagross said, while Steven had a small smirk on his face. "Now you know how I feel." Steven said before getting hit in the head by a piece of hail. "Meta Gross!(Ha ha!)" Metagross laughed at Steven's misfortune as payback. "I guess I did deserve that one, huh?" Steven asked, which Metagross nodded its head with a teasing smirk.

March 2nd, 2019-2:00 P.M., Day 7, Week 1

"Finally, the end of one week." Steven sighed out in relief, knowing that he has seven more weeks of training left. For training this time, it was to see if he can battle Pokemon that belongs to Trainers, without saying a command out loud, against a Pokemon that can fight without any command from its Trainer. That way, no one would know what plan he has till the last moment. Gurkinn was monitoring him. Watching his Heracross against Steven's Metagross.

Steven tilted his head slightly, signalling to Metagross to use Zen Headbutt, which he did. Heracross blocked it with Megahorn, though it wasn't enough to hold Metagross off as it managed to break through it hit Heracross hard. Heracross then fainted from the attack.

"Good, you gotten over the problem that you had at first. How did you managed to do it?" Gurkinn asked, curious. "Easy, Metagross is part Psychic-Type so it could read my mind. I just send my thoughts to it and it knows how to react to it." Steven said, patting Metagross's arm.

"That's a good idea. Similar to another person I've trained. Diantha Carnet, the Kalos Champion." Gurkinn said with a thoughtful smirk while remembering those times.

"Carry on, then." Gurkinn said as he returned his Heracross before walking off to his room at the base of the Mega Lucario Statue.

March 11th 2019-3:30 P.M., Day 2(Day 16), Week 3

It has been three weeks since Steven started his training and as Korrina said, they got more harder as more days went by. Today's training was staying in the exact spot he is currently standing without moving or speaking at all for six hours. Right now, he did this for two and a half hours so far. Only three and a half hours left to go. Steven said in his head.

And to add difficulty to this, Korrina and Gurkinn had their Pokemon and Steven's team try every way to see if he can stay like this, by doing things that would cause someone to move or at least try and cover their ears to block out the noise. Because this training session is to make sure that Steven can battle without any distractions.

Soon the six hours were up, though Steven nearly moved and speak multiple times. "Good job, though need to work on that some more. Especially since next week is your test to see how much you progressed. Since you're going to do a couple of things for it." Korrina said to Steven.

"Really, we're at that point? Better prepare for that then." Steven said as he went back to the Tower of Mastery with his team. "He doing much better than Sycamore did. I'll tell that one." Gurkinn whispered to Korrina. "I know." She said with a smirk.

March 20th, 2019-9:00 A.M., Day 7(Day 28), Week 4-Halfway Exam

Soon it was the day of the halfway exam. Well, more like the week since that how long the exam was. For this exam, Steven needs to everything he done in the past four weeks, but with this time, with some weighted anklets and wrist cuffs to add some more challenge for the exam. The added weights are to remind him of the hardships that he overcome so far and the hardships he will encountered later on in the training. He had to wear them for the whole week.

Steven first carried the bags of bricks and stones from the Tower of Mastery to the other side of Shalour City, which took him two and a half hours. Then he and Metagross stood under the waterfall, which was kind of cold but also warm at the same time, for an hour.

Then Steven battled Gurkinn, in which both of them gave commands to their Pokemon without speaking at all. That lasted an hour and a half due to them being at a standstill at first. However, Steven managed to win via Bullet Punch. Finally, today, came the part where Steven has to stay in the same spot for six hours without speaking or moving at all.

By now, Steven's wrist and ankles were sore but he knew that he needs to finish this as this is the last thing he needs to do for the halfway exam. Soon, the exam was done. "Well, you did everything well. Though when we get to the final exam, you will need to reduced the time on some of the stuff." Korrina said, giving Steven a passing grade at least. "Thank you." Steven said to Korrina. "You're welcome." Korrina said as she and Steven went back into the Tower for dinner.

March 24th, 2019-2:00 P.M., Day 4(Day 32), Week 5

Steven was heavily panting as Metagross kept pace with Steven. This time, they were jogging around the Tower of Mastery which they need to do thirty times. "*Pant* Just think about it, Metagross. In three weeks, you will be able to Mega Evolve. *Pant* This will be so worth it. *Pant*" Steven said through deep pants of air as he tried to power through the remainder of the jog. "Meta.(Ok.)" Metagross replied.

Soon Steven and Metagross managed to the thirty laps. Even Metagross looked exhausted from it. Steven grabbed a bottle of water and drank it, before giving some to Metagross who drank the rest of the bottle. "Things are only going to get harder from here on. Glad and impressed that you haven't quit at all." Korrina said as she came back from one of her Gym Battles.

"Just like I said, I'm in this through and through." Steven said with his usual smile. "I know. Just impressed because there was another person that came for training a few years ago. He was passionate about learning about Mega Evolutions. He didn't even last two days before quitting. His name is Augustine Sycamore." Korrina said as she and Steven were eating outside on the Tower's balcony.

April 2nd, 2019-3:30 P.M., Day 6(Day 41), Week 6

"Oh, Rayquaza, why." Steven muttered under his breath as he started his training for the day. This one is involves Steven doing an intense game of 'Hide-N-Seek', though if he is found by any of his Pokemon, they have to throw some berry juice at him to marked him as found. So far, his team had passed his hiding spot but how long until they notice him? This training is supposed to help Steven hides his intentions during battle and keep hidden if being hunted down.

Soon Skarmory appeared in front of Steven, prepared to throw the berry juice. Not on my watch. Steven said in his thoughts as he gave a smirk to the metal bird. Steven jumped over Skarmory, which surprised it, and ran towards somewhere else where he can hide for now. And that how it was for two more hours before Steven was finally tagged by Claydol by element of surprise.

April 8th, 2019-2:29 P.M., Day 5(Day 47), Week 7

"One more week left. Just got to at least make it till then." Steven said as he was doing one of the last training sessions for the week. This time is a roller skating on the ramp to the top floor of the Tower while avoiding moves from the Pokemon, both his team and the Pokemon who lived here. They won't start attacking till he on the second floor though. This one's for fun, at least that's what Korrina said to him.

So basically, this is kind of a fun day, to allow Steven to collect his thoughts for a moment as he skated to the second floor without incident, unless you count him stumbling a couple of times. Though that was because he wasn't used to wearing skates at all.

However, Steven managed to get the hang of it, just in time to dodge Skarmory's Aerial Slash and Cradily's Ancient Power. "Got three more floors to get through." Steven mumbled under his breath as he continued, avoiding attacks left and right. Soon Steven got to the top floor, where Korrina was there, clapping for him, smirking. "Congrats. You can take the last two days of this week off. Because next week will be your final exam." Korrina said as Steven took off the skates. "Thank you, Korrina." Steven said to the Mega Evolution Successor. "You're welcome." Korrina said as she and Steven walked outside to admire the view.

April 17th, 2019-5:00 P.M., Day 7(Day 56), Week 8- Final Exam and Last Day of Training

Here it is. The final day of training. Steven can hardly believe that he spent nearly two months here, training. And now it's time. He had to wear the weighted wrist cuffs and anklets again, though this time it kind of felt like it didn't add any weight.

The first half of the week is doing the exact same thing he did for the halfway exam, though he managed to move the bags in forty-five minutes, beat Gurkinn in under thirty minutes, stay under the waterfall for two hours and managed to stay still without fidgeting or attempting to speak for seven hours. Korrina and Gurkinn nodded their heads at the improvements.

The second half began with Steven and Metagross jogging around the Tower of Mastery, doing forty-five laps. It was followed by the Hide-N-Seek session, which Steven managed to stay hidden for nine hours. Steven then had to skate to the top floor without being hit by a Pokemon attack, to have his battle with Korrina, which is today. Steven managed to make it to the balcony, where Korrina was waiting for him.

"You finally made it! I would say congrats, but you know what must happens now." Korrina said as she pulled out her Great Ball. "Yeah, I do." Steven said as he took out Metagross's Cherish Ball. It's time, old bud. Steven said mentally, as he and Metagross were ready for the final test. Gurkinn was acting like the referee.

"This will be an official final test battle against Korrina, The Mega Evolution Successor, and Steven Stone, the trainee! Both Trainers will only use one Pokemon each! Korrina is the only one who will use Mega Evolution during this battle! The match will end once the Pokemon on either sides faint or the match ends in a draw! If Steven loses, he will have to start all over! If Steven wins or managed to end the match in a draw, then he will pass the test and will receive his Mega item and the Mega accessory for Metagross! Do both sides agree to the rules of the test?" Gurkinn asked the two. "Yes." They replied. "Then choose your Pokemon!" Gurkinn said.

"Go, Metagross!/Go, Lucario!" Steven and Korrina said, calling out their respective partners. "Metagross!/Lucario!(Let's do this!)" The two Pokemon said in unison. "Let the battle begin!" Gurkinn said.

Final Test/Mega Battle! Steven Stone Vs. Mega Evolution Successor Korrina(Metagross Vs. Lucario)

"Lucario, let's start things off with a Power-Up Punch!" Korrina said as Lucario ran towards Metagross with its fist covered in orange. "Metagross, block it with Bullet Punch." Steven said calmly as Metagross charged towards Lucario and blocked the attack with its own.

"Hmm, really impressive. But not enough to stop me! Lucario, use Metal Sound!" Korrina said while pumping her fist outwards, as Lucario tap its paw spikes together, creating a high pitch sound sound that lowered Metagross's Special Defense as it was surrounded by dark blue aura.

Steven tilted his wrist to the left a it, which Metagross nodded its head before hitting Lucario, its head glowing blue with Zen Headbutt. The high pitch sound stopped because of that. "You changed the signals so I wouldn't know, did you?" Korrina asked Steven. "Yeah I did. Just as I was taught." Steven said with a smirk. "Of course you did. Glad you remembered that one." Korrina said with a smirk.

"Then are you ready to battle a Mega Lucario?" Korrina asked, indicating her Mega Glove and Lucario's Mega Armband. "Go right ahead. I want to see it in action." Steven said like a gentlemen. "Thank you. Let's do this, Lucario." Korrina said before reciting the words of Mega Evolution.

"Evolution beyond evolution. Resonates with the heart and soul by the bond between Trainer and Pokemon, Mega Evolve!" Korrina said as she tapped her Key Stone, causing the stone and Lucario's Lucarionite to glow. The two stones soon had two tendrils of light touching each other, connecting the two. Lucario was surrounded in a golden ball of light, which disappeared soon with a double helix symbol that is rainbow colored, the sign of Mega Evolution.

Once the light disappeared and Lucario broke free of the golden dome, Steven and Metagross saw the change. Lucario's feelers were now longer, there were some red fur on him and more spikes on his body.

"So that's the power of Mega Evolution. We're ready." Steven said, as Metagross agreed. "Good, that's what I want to hear!" Korrina said with a smirk, which Mega Lucario shared.

"Lucario, use Power-Up Punch, once more!" Korrina said, extending her fist outwards as Lucario charged towards Metagross. "Counter it with Meteor Mash." Steven said as Metagross countered the attack with its attack.

"Use Bone Rush!" Korrina said as Lucario pulled a bone from nowhere. Lucario hit Metagross with it, sending it skidding towards Steven. "Metagross, are you alright?" Steven asked his partner. "Metagross.(Yeah, I'm fine.)" Metagross said.

"Ok then." Steven said before twirling around his fingers. Metagross nodded his head before charging at Lucario, using Giga Impact. "Lucario, block it with Power-Up Punch!" Korrina said as Lucario went to punch Metagross.

Steven tilted his wrist a bit and Metagross's head glowed blue, using Zen Headbutt. Due to the speed from Giga Impact, Metagross hit Lucario hard, causing a critical hit. Lucario got up, though a bit unsteadily.

"Lucario, use Aura Sphere and Close Combat!" Korrina said as Lucario made a small ball of aura in his paws, ready to launch it. "Metagross, use Bullet Punch." Steven said as Metagross charged towards Lucario with its fist outwards, hitting Lucario and stopping him from launching the aura.

"Lucario, use Close Combat while Metagross in front of you!" Korrina said as Lucario had a look of determination on his face. He punched and kicked Metagross multiple times in the face before one last kick sent Metagross back towards Steven.

Lucario's Defense and Special Defense decreased as he was surrounded in both a blue aura and dark blue aura. Lucario and Metagross were both heavily breathing from both injuries and tired out, yet still have more energy left in battle.

Korrina put both her hands out as Lucario did the same thing, a signal for Aura Sphere. At the same time, Steven tilted his wrist a bit, signalling Zen Headbutt. Metagross powered through the Aura Sphere and headed towards Lucario.

"Lucario, block it with Bone Rush!" Korrina said as Lucario pulled out the bone. "Metagross, use Giga Impact to increase your speed." Steven said as Metagross's speed increased. At first, it seemed like Lucario managed to hold Metagross off with the bone. However, Metagross managed to power through and hit Lucario, causing a small explosion due to the bone that Lucario was using breaking.

When it cleared up, it showed Lucario defeated with Metagross looking like he would passed out. Lucario reverted back to normal, due to him fainting. "Lucario is unable to battle! The winner of this battle is Steven, which means he passed the test and finish his training!" Gurkinn said.

"Congrats. You managed to survive training and take down Lucario. Good job, Stone." Korrina said, supporting Lucario by putting one of his arms around her shoulder as she walked over to Steven. "Thank you, but it was also thanks to you guys and my team for helping me get to this point." Steven said.

"Well, here you go. Your Key Stone and Metagrossite, both in their own accessories." Gurkinn said as he handed the two objects to Steven. The first one is a stickpin, where the Key Stone is situated at the top of it. The second is a kind of anklet for one of Metagross's arms with the Metagrossite on top of it and the anklet is blue. "Thank you." Steven said to Gurkinn before putting the stickpin in his shirt pocket and Metagross's anklet on his arm.

After Steven put it on Metagross's arm, it felt like the two shared the same heartbeat, the same soul, even the same thoughts. "Congratulations, now you know how it feels to connect with your Pokemon. Just wait until you use Mega Evolution in battle." Gurkinn said. "And come back soon, so we can have a rematch." Korrina said. "I will." Steven said as he left.

Steven and Metagross are now happy that they can use Mega Evolution and they will continue training until they can get it under control. Then they will take on Brendan and reclaimed the title of Hoenn's Champion. What Steven and Metagross don't realize, though, is that they will soon be part of a bigger event.

End of Special Chapter 2.

(A/N: Disclaimer: That's it for the special chapters for now. There will be more soon, but now it's time to get back to our main characters. Sorry of this chapter is kind of those training montage but that how it is in my head. Also I kind of couldn't think of anything else to make it seems less montage-ish. But thank you for reading this anyways. See you soon!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 2.5K 79
Ash Had Lost The Kalos League, The Very League He Thought He Could Win. After A Weird Interaction With His Kalos Friends. Ash Boards A Plane Back To...
35.5K 523 34
[Discontinued] Professor Cerise takes a trip to Galar and will be there for a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, Goh and Ash stay in Alola for the time bein...
2.1K 8 16
Ash and Pikachu continue their journey with his fellow research partner and friend Goh. A lot of adventure they through and even dealing with legend...
199K 6.5K 21
I'm a 16 year old girl, by the name of Umber. And yes, I realize that its a boy name! But anyways, I've been assigned a mission, which is a lot harde...