The Broken Photoframe - A Dar...

Von loveisasweetpoison

[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a po... Mehr

🦋Author's Note🦋
🦋 Story Trailer🦋
1. Hark Back To...🦋
2. New🦋
3. Amor🦋
5. Dreamcatcher🦋
6. Soccer🦋
🦋Cast+Characters🦋
7. Cheesy🦋
8. Love birds🦋
9. Chemistry🦋
10. Distraction🦋
11. Falling...🦋
12. Secret?🦋
13. Little Bro.🦋
14. Citrus🦋
15. Wild Kitty🦋
16. First Kiss🦋
17. Shadow🦋
18. Because Of You🦋
19. Nice To Meet You🦋
20. Law of the Jungle🦋
21. Right thing to do🦋
22. Smell of burning🦋
23. Early Christmas Gift🦋
24. Missed Out🦋
25. Red Wine🦋
26. Ignite🦋
27. Nothing More, Nothing Less🦋
28. Scandal 🦋
29. Bitterness🦋
30. Small Chat..🦋
31. Midnight Call🦋
32. Big Sister🦋
33. Thump🦋
34. Thank you🦋
35. Shopping🦋
36. Not bad🦋
37. Mrs. Ryan🦋
38. Golden sand🦋
39. Blue🦋
40. The Vow🦋
41. Damn Heart🦋
42. Emerald🦋
43. Sweet Temptation🦋
44. Inner-beast🦋
45. More than enough🦋
46. Drunk On Me🦋
47. Sky Is Pink🦋
48. Been A While🦋
49. Missing Pieces 🦋
50. The Broken Photoframe 🦋
🦋Thank You🦋
🦋Book #2 Alert!!🦋
🦋Kindle🦋
🦋Not an update🦋

4. Prince Charming🦋

3.1K 184 74
Von loveisasweetpoison

Oli dropped me off instead of Rose. She went crazy after hearing of Ron's arrival. She flew home as soon as our classes ended. She needed to choose a perfect dress and hairstyle for that special event. But she told me that she would pick me up for the party.

And I would completely understand her heart.

She was about to meet her charming prince. Of course she needed to take care of her appearance to impress Ron.

I hurried to the stairs and halted instantly when I saw mom was in the kitchen, preparing our dinner.

"Mom." I called her out from the stairs. She looked up and smiled gaily.

"How was your day?" She asked cheerfully.

"Fine." I checked the time on my phone in a hurry. I Didn't have much time to get ready. "I will be out for a dinner party tonight." I told her and headed to my room quickly.

Mom instantly followed me to my room, "What? Why? Where?"

Wow, no wonder from whom I got that nosy personality of mine.

"I am going to Oli's. Her cousin is coming back from the US. So, they are holding a party for him," I answered her while carefully pulling out a white dungaree from my wardrobe. "And I am invited."

"Hmm, he must be a... For god's sake Liza," my mom suddenly yelled out annoyed. I jumped on my feet out of startled with her sudden outburst. I placed my right hand on my left chest and looked at her angrily.

"Mom, are you trying to kill me?!"

"Don't you have any other clothes other than that...that...that farmer's dress."

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, it's just a dinner party, I don't need a glittering Cinderella gown for that." I concentrated on pulling out a blue striped t-shirt for my white dungaree. "You always overreact."

"Just try something else. You just wore it in the morning." She crossed her arms on her chest gloomily.

"Mom, I wore a blue one in the morning." I pointed at my dress. I was still wearing my morning clothes. "I am changing it into a white one."

"Whatever, there's no difference." She grimly stated. "They always look the same to me."

"Rose is going to be here any minute, and you are actually making me late." I sighed impatiently and picked up my clothes. I didn't have time to argue with her. I quickly headed to the bathroom.

"Fine! since when do you listen to me anyway." Mom groaned and left my room grumpily.

I freshened up and put on my clothes. I looked at my reflection through the large, wall mirror. I ran my fingers through my hair as I was thinking about a hairstyle for the party. Tsk, too much hassle! I decided to make a top bun. I applied some eyeliner after tidying my hair into a neat top bun and wore a set of ear tops and an ear cuff in my upper ear piercing.

Ok done.

I heard the sound of a car pulling into our gravel yard. I hastily took my phone and ran downstairs after checking myself for the last time in the mirror.

When I reached the top of the stairs I froze on my spot.

"How do I look?" Rose asked me in a cherry tone. As she swirled herself in a green fluorescent off-shoulder gown, with dark bottle green high heels. And her eyes! Oh my her eyes! They looked so smoky and sexy. She did so much work on her already super gorgeous eyes.

"You look so deadly," I told her, dazed.

"In a bad way or a good way?" She asked me with knotted eyebrows. She could easily hold a pair of chopsticks with that knot.

"In... a...good way." I laughed and blew her a kiss.

"Yeah?" She sighed with relief. "I was so worried about my dress. But luckily I got this one last week from my sister's friend. She works at a fashion magazine." She looked at her phone to check the time. "Anyway hurry up and get dressed, we are going to be late." She told me while checking her eyeliner on her phone mirror.

I chuckled amused. She was so lost in Ron's thoughts that she didn't even notice my dress.

"Oh my god, Rose!" Mom came gracefully into the living room and squealed like highschool girl. "You look just like a celebrity."

"Thank you so much, Elle." Rose smiled at mom cheekily. "I really needed those words right now." Then she looked at me. "What are you waiting for?! Hurry up! Chop! Chop!"

"But Rose, I'm ready."

"You are going to wear this to the party?" Finally, she turned her attention to me and looked at me from head to toe. "Umm, are you sure that you don't want to change your morning wear?" She asked me while pointing at my dress.

"Can I get a fist bump?" My mom instantly raised her hand fist to Rose, and she bumped her fist with my mom without thinking.

Those people...

"No I didn't wear it today at college, that was blue, and this one I'm sure is, umm, I don't know, but maybe white." I angrily stated the points. "And we are just going to a dinner party for god's sake! Why do I need to dress up?!"

"If you think it's just a dinner party, you are going to get surprised," A grinning mysterious curved at the end of her lips.

I rolled my eyes with annoyance. "Whatever! Can we go now?!"

"Fine, let's go. Don't whine later." Rose turned to my mom, "Bye, Elle, see you later." and kissed her cheek.

"Bye, dear." She kissed her back and turned to me. "Don't be too late."

"Mom, I am not a little kid anymore." I huffed irritated. They already ruined my mood. I walked impatiently towards the main door. We entered Rose's car and put on our seat belts.

Rose smiled at my mom sweetly. "Don't worry Elle. I'll bring her back in one piece." And started the engine.

After almost a twenty minutes drive we finally pulled up to a big mighty stone gate?! Like we usually find in those royal movies.

"Rose, I think you drove us into the wrong place." I peeked from the car window anxiously and whispered to Rose. As if I talked loudly, somebody would come to arrest me and throw me into prison.

"Don't worry, I am never going to be wrong about anything when it comes to something about Ron," she tapped her manicured nails on the steering wheel.

"Ron lives here?" I gasped.

"Yup," she replied to me with a pop sound and smirked at me.

I looked at that mighty stone gate entrance to find a large group of local reporters who were trying to get lucky with a scoop or any picture of those honoured guests. I quickly sunk in my seat, trying to prevent those reporters from taking any photos of me.

"Told you, you are going to get surprised," Rose told me, smirking amused.

"Yeah, such a big surprise," I told her sarcastically.

At that moment, I realised why she was so concerned about my dress.

If that mansion was so big, I wouldn't even dare to imagine how grand that party was going to be.

I wanted to go home!

After the security check at the entrance we drove through that gate and went inside. Finally after two minutes our car stopped in front of a stunning mansion?! Or should I say a magnificent palace. Ron lives in that luxurious palace!

"I hope we are not too late." Rose got out of the car gleefully. She closed the door behind her with some attitude. Suddenly I started to feel a little nauseous out of nervousness.

"What are you waiting for, hurry up and get off." Rose tapped on the car window impatiently. I closed and opened my fist to calm myself down. Finally I sucked a deep breath and opened the car door to get off.

I slowly climbed out of the car and swiped my eyes around my surroundings. The mansion stood with a vast area. We could easily build a football playground and a basketball court along with the audience stands.

"Good evening mam," a person in an expensive suit greeted us politely.

"Evening." Rose smiled back at him and reached out her hand with her car keys. That person took that key and tipped his head a little before going to Rose's car.

Oh, he was a valet boy.

As soon as we entered the main building, we tried to find Oli and spotted her with a middle-aged lady.

"Why didn't you tell me that you are so rich, like Richie Rich?" I hissed at Oli as soon as I reached her.

"Oh hi, guys." Oli greeted us calmly while sipping her multicoloured cocktail leisurely. "And sorry to disappoint you but I am not rich."

"Oh yeah! If I own at least half of this property, I would call myself a bloody rich." I ignored the lady beside her and angrily stated. That lady was enjoying our conversation.

Oli sighed and looked at the lady beside her.

"She is my aunt Lucy, and the rightful owner of everything you just wished for half of it. And yes, she is hell of rich." I paused like an idiot. "Like Richie rich." And looked back at me. "Did you calm down?"

I blinked a few times then turned my attention to her aunt.

"Hi... I mean hello aunt... I mean Lucy... I mean...." I started to stammer awkwardly.

"Just Lucy, dear." Lucy smiled sweetly and kissed my cheek. "Nice to meet you too, you are so lovely dear.". She was lovely, like really sweet. Her smile was reflecting in her eyes. I liked her instantly.

I once more smiled awkwardly. She turned to Rose.

"Oh my god! Rose! You look so stunning." And kissed her cheeks. "I couldn't recognise you for a moment."

"Gee, thanks!" Rose instantly lit up like a decorated Christmas tree.

After some chit-chat Lucy excused herself and became busy with other guests.

"Where is Ron?" As soon as Lucy left, Rose asked impatiently.

"Yeah, where is the prince charming Ron?" I asked Oli in a teasing dreamy tone. "We are dying to meet him." I put both my palms on my left chest dramatically. Rose hit my shoulder lightly. I giggled.

"Are you guys talking about me?" A warm, deep low-pitched male voice slowly raised behind us, and shattered all the ponderous sounds lingering around us.

I snapped my head and turned around to encounter a sharp pair of ocean blue eyes, which pierced right inside my soul.

I didn't have to guess who that person was. My inner self instantly gave me a loud notification about him.

Ron.

Well, he was indeed a Prince Charming.

He was about 1.9 meters in height, with a strong build hiding inside a three-piece navy blue suit piece, with brown Tom fords. Above the gorgeous sculptured face that oozes manliness with long, narrow eyes and the steadfast chin which was making up a perfect example of masculine Adonis(In Greek mythology, Adonis was the god of beauty and desire). I had to look up to meet his arresting yellowish blue hooded eyes which were extending to his temple, artfully combined with a straight prominent nose, which appeared to have been intricately handcrafted. His lustrous chestnut hair was perfectly gelled back.

His top and bottom eyelashes were turned up, roughly parallel with the temples, so thick as if they were trying to cover his eyes mysteriously, nothing but revealing the most alluring azure blue iris. The inner and outer corners of his eyes were slightly slanted up, making others feel somewhat breathless. Although the facial lines illustrated a tough man but seamlessly combined with those fascinated eyes and that firm build, the picture he created is all that more refined and sexy.

As, if some prince really just walked out from the glossy pages of a fairy tale book.

Well, I had to admit that Rose had a great choice.

"Hi, you must be Oli's friends." The prince in front of us chuckled delightedly and turned to Oli. "Won't you introduce us?" He next looked at me. I didn't know why, but I felt a little goosebumps by that look. I lightly rubbed my right hand on my left arm. The hairs on my arms slightly became stiff.

"Yeah, you know Rose, right?" Oli pointed at Rose. He shifted his cyan-blue eyes from me to Rose. His eyes instantly lit up.

"Hey, Rose! How are you?" He asked Rose with a charming smile. "Needless to say, how could I forget you?"

Rose got baked cheeks for herself.

"Wow, you look so stunning." He looked at her from head to toe. "Well I have to admit you look a little different from what I remember."

"Oh my!" Rose instantly turned to a proud peacock. She was just missing her colourful feathers. I chuckled a little.

"And she is Liza, we met at college." Oli casually introduced me.

"Actually my name is Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa Davies. But it's too long to call, so everyone calls me Liza." I reached out my hand to him gently.

"Hello, Mona Lisa. My name is Ronald, Ronald George Ryan." He politely took my hand. My little hand got engulfed by his big hand.

"But just call me Ron." He smiled at me warmly, the earlier unusual feeling vanished by his pleasant smile.

He looked attentively at me from head to toe as his eyes took in my dress. A little smile appeared in the corner of his lips but he didn't say anything.

"Yeah, I know, I look like a stupid clown for this great party," I spoke sarcastically out his thought. "It's just that somebody didn't inform me that this is just not a dinner party, but a gala." I glared ferociously at Oli. She glanced away in another random direction.

"Oli, I was hoping that you are going to introduce your boyfriend tonight with us." Ron chuckled and turned to Oli. Oli choked on her drink.

"Boyfriend?" We snapped our heads together to Oli and said in sync. "You didn't tell us!"

Oli looked at us and then to Ron annoyed. "Shut up Ron. I don't have a boyfriend."

"What? So you are still single. Even Mr Bean has a girlfriend." Ron started to pull her leg. They seemed very close. It reminded me of the fighting between Arthur and me.

"I'm single too," Rose suddenly said out loud while looking at Ron with hopeful eyes. "Still waiting for my Mr Right."

"Wow, really!" he chuckled and looked at me with the previous look. "And you?"

"Yeah, I'm also single." I tried to wave away those goosebumps.

"That's great," he murmured with a low tone.

"Huh?" I looked at him with a puzzled look.

He carefully cleared his throat. "I mean, if any of you have a boyfriend before her, my little sister is going to feel lonely. Right, Oli?" Ron looked at Oli with a teasing look.

"Lonely my ass. You don't have to think about me, my big bro," Oli teased him back, "What about you? Aren't you single too?" Rose looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Hey, I'm single because I don't want to make you feel lonely." Ron answered while tucking his hands in his pockets. Oli just rolled her eyes.

Rose released a relieved sigh. I just smiled awkwardly.

******
Author's note:
Those blue eyes are the ocean of love for......

Who knows??

Feel free to comment.(I'd love to know your thoughts)

Please share with your friends.

Don't forget to vote.😘
(The star button below 👇)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
280K 7.4K 30
*Book title has been updated, previously known as Ace* Imagine seeing someone unable to buy food because they didn't have the money. Then randomly a...
10.3M 575K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
141K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...