The Broken Photoframe - A Dar...

loveisasweetpoison tarafından

[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a po... Daha Fazla

🦋Author's Note🦋
🦋 Story Trailer🦋
1. Hark Back To...🦋
2. New🦋
4. Prince Charming🦋
5. Dreamcatcher🦋
6. Soccer🦋
🦋Cast+Characters🦋
7. Cheesy🦋
8. Love birds🦋
9. Chemistry🦋
10. Distraction🦋
11. Falling...🦋
12. Secret?🦋
13. Little Bro.🦋
14. Citrus🦋
15. Wild Kitty🦋
16. First Kiss🦋
17. Shadow🦋
18. Because Of You🦋
19. Nice To Meet You🦋
20. Law of the Jungle🦋
21. Right thing to do🦋
22. Smell of burning🦋
23. Early Christmas Gift🦋
24. Missed Out🦋
25. Red Wine🦋
26. Ignite🦋
27. Nothing More, Nothing Less🦋
28. Scandal 🦋
29. Bitterness🦋
30. Small Chat..🦋
31. Midnight Call🦋
32. Big Sister🦋
33. Thump🦋
34. Thank you🦋
35. Shopping🦋
36. Not bad🦋
37. Mrs. Ryan🦋
38. Golden sand🦋
39. Blue🦋
40. The Vow🦋
41. Damn Heart🦋
42. Emerald🦋
43. Sweet Temptation🦋
44. Inner-beast🦋
45. More than enough🦋
46. Drunk On Me🦋
47. Sky Is Pink🦋
48. Been A While🦋
49. Missing Pieces 🦋
50. The Broken Photoframe 🦋
🦋Thank You🦋
🦋Book #2 Alert!!🦋
🦋Kindle🦋
🦋Not an update🦋

3. Amor🦋

3.1K 191 50
loveisasweetpoison tarafından

It had been a few weeks since we became a big city person. We were gradually settling down in our new house, that big town. Although some of the time I was confused when I woke up in my new room.

Only mom had no issues settling down there. She had always been in contact with his old friends. She was always busy chatting with them or doing window shopping's. I hid myself whenever they visited our house. Those lovely ladies were so interested in other house's inner secrets but their own houses, but what can I say, my mom was also in that unique group.

Same went for Arthur too. He blended in that shiny lifestyle that it was hard to think that he was not from around there. He made lots of new friends in his new school. Yeah more than me. Please, note the sarcasm.

As for me, I got a part-time job at a pet store. The pay was good and not so tiring. I was almost managing my savings for my moving out. Everything in London was so damn expensive. It was taking more time than my prediction.

I also made a few friends at college. And thank goodness I met Rose and Oli. They heartily welcomed me with open arms and let me enter their life. They visited our house a few times. My mom really liked them. Well, I couldn't blame her.

Rose and Oli both were really lovely indeed.

Rose was the youngest and pampered child in her house. Yes, way more spoiled than me. Rose's father was a successful doctor and her mom was a private school teacher. They both were nice people. She had an older sister, Emma, who was a freelance glass craft painter. She was married for five years and at that moment living in Italy. Her husband was a civil engineer.

Olivia's parents were international pilots and always away from home. I barely encountered them once or twice. That was why She lived with her aunt, Lucy. I never visited their house, though.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

I woke up groggily from my pleasant sleep with the familiar sound of my ringtone. I yawned and reached out my hand for my mobile phone to the bedside table. I didn't have to take a glance at the caller ID. Because I knew it was Rose. It was her daily routine to make me wake up because I always shut off my alarm.

As soon as I pressed the answer button I could hear Rose's bickering.

"Wake up, you sleepyhead," Rose said in a fake angry tone. "You should pay my phone bills, you know."

"Good morning to you too," I murmured sweetly with a satisfied grin on my face.

"Yeah, yeah, good morning. Now get up and start to get ready." She said and hung up the phone. I groaned to myself and rolled out of my comfortable bed unwillingly. Why does the sun have to rise every morning? Can't it skip one day?!

I quickly took a shower and put on a grey t-shirt with a blue dungaree. I took my denim jacket and headed downstairs to find mom was serving breakfast with one hand while her other one was busy typing on her phone. She was sure to be chatting with those crazy ladies. I didn't see dad and Mike. Dad might be off to his office. And I thought I was earlier than Mike.

Ho Ho!

A made a smug expression and flipped my hair a little.

"Good morning mom." I pulled out a chair and plopped down with an attitude.

"Good morning." Mom put down her phone and raised an eyebrow with surprise.

"Wow, I should thank Rose for waking you up every day." She placed my breakfast on the table. Toasted bread, bacon, scrambled egg and beans.

"Mom, I'm a rise and shine person." I gasped at her as I gave her an innocent look.

"Yeah, sure." I turned around to see Arthur, running his fingers through his hair. He pulled out a chair to sit down. "Just ask me." He sat down and rolled his eyes.

"Good morning and shut up." I pointed my index finger to him as I was stabbing him with my glare. "You bullhead."

"I'm so grateful to Rose that she took every morning's pain from me." He shrugged his broad shoulders and stuck his tongue out at me. Mom served him his breakfast and took a seat with her coffee and of course her phone .

I glared at Arthur fiercely.

"You stinky!"

"You ugly lizard!" He wasn't willing to step back.

"You buffalo!" Because he had a buff built.

"You spoon!"

"You..."

"Just shut the hell up you two." Mom slammed on the table with a loud bang. "Don't ruin my peaceful morning by your Tom and Jerry show. Quickly finish your breakfast and get the hell out."

We immediately pursued our lips closed and ate our breakfast like some very good, obedient children. But we didn't stop glaring ferociously at each other. If looks could kill, we both would be dead by the time we completed our breakfast.

***********

I had to change one bus to reach my college. I just had to endure it for a few days because I was ready to buy a car. I was planning to tell my mom and dad to help me choose one for me. I was a complete idiot when it came to buying something big. Better get some help.

Usually, Rose dropped me off every day. But I kinda feel bad for her. She had to take a double trip because of that.

When I reached college, Rose was already standing in the line of the Costa coffee shop in front of our college. I waved my hand to catch her attention. She instantly noticed me and gestured to me to wait. I showed her a thumb up and sat on a chair with a vacant table. I casually pulled out my phone from my pocket and started to scroll up and down. There was still some time left before our first class.

"Did you finish your chemistry assignment?" Rose plopped down on the seat beside me with her black espresso. She looked very concentrated on swirling that wooden spoon in her coffee.

"Yeah, almost." I carefully put down my phone on the table. "What about you?"

"I got stuck with some genetic problems." She took a long soothing sip of her coffee. "I was planning to ask Oli to help me."

"But where is she?" I chewed my nails as I looked at the road wonderingly.

"I'm here." Oli suddenly appeared and plopped down on the last remaining seat on our table.

"You are late today." I arched my brows. "That's unusual."

"I had to do lots of preparation for today," Oli said flatly. Was it only me or her face was really gleaming with some unknown reason

"What preparation?" I asked again. I was such a nosy person! I needed a good beat up.

"For the welcome party." Oli looked smilingly at Rose. "And I have a piece of good news for you." She smiled mischievously.

"What is it?" I asked her curiously before as if it was for me.

"Ron is coming back today." Oli smirked teasingly as she delivered that valuable piece of information. I looked at her with a super confused face.

"Who is Ro.."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH......" I didn't have the chance to complete my sentence. Rose screamed out loudly, my ear off. I instantly covered my both ears with my hands, by reflex.

"What the fuck!" I was genuinely shocked as hell. I was sure she destroyed my eardrums.

"Is it true?! Is it true?!" She was shaking Oli hysterically like a crazy person while asking the same question over and over again. She looked like a gone case.

What was wrong with her!

"Yes, yes, yes." Oli laughed gleefully with Rose's ultimate reaction.

"Liza, Ron is coming back! I'm so happy." Rose turned to me with a pair glittering eyes. "Oh mY god! Oh my god!"

"Riiiiiiight. I'm also very happy for you." I tried to act a little excited. "But can anyone tell me who this Ron is?" I looked back and forth between them.

Rose promptly opened her mouth to answer me, "...."

"Ron is my beloved cousin and the love of her life." Oli was fast enough to beat her.

"Whaaaaaaat? Love of your life!" I sprung up from my seat. "Wait, Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her loudly with a hurt tone. The whole cafeteria became silent, and everyone looked at me with an odd expression.

Oh shit!

I smiled awkwardly at everyone and sat down slowly. I looked at Rose with a mixed expression of glare and pout.

"You have a boyfriend and didn't tell me, just great." I grumpily crossed my arms on my chest and leaned back in my chair with a sulking face.

"Well, technically he is not my boyfriend, yet," Rose said with a sad face while picking nails on her hand.

"Don't lie, Oli just said that love of your life." I was still sulking like a little kid.

"No, she is telling the truth," Oli interfered with us. I turned to her.

"It's been her one-sided love for Ron for a long time. She didn't have courage to confess."

"Really?" I looked at her sympathetically. "Aww, sorry."

She sadly nodded her head.

"I was just a schoolgirl and always saw him with beautiful mature girls. Therefore, I thought maybe I would ask him out when I became a college girl, but he didn't give me a chance and fled to the USA." She suddenly straightened up energetically on her seat. "But now I won't delay anymore. I will confess my feelings to him."

"Easy there, tiger." I held her hand to give a break of her extra energetic movement.

"He is returning from the US. How could you be so sure that he doesn't have a girlfriend now."

"Right, I didn't think about it." Rose slumped on her chair lifelessly.

"So what can I do now?" She covered her face with both hands, out of frustration.

"Why don't you find it out today?" Oli said merrily with an amused expression on her face.

We both turned to her.

"My aunt is throwing a little dinner party tonight, and you two are invited." She wiggled her eyebrows to us playfully.

I looked at Rose, and we stared at each other for some moments. A sly smile slowly appeared and spread on our faces.

"Count me in." We both said in sync.

I was so excited to see that charming Ron guy.

*******

Author's note:

Who is also excited like me?🙋

Feel free to comment.(I'd love to know your thoughts)

Please share with your friends.

Don't forget to vote.😘
(The star button below 👇)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

280K 7.3K 30
*Book title has been updated, previously known as Ace* Imagine seeing someone unable to buy food because they didn't have the money. Then randomly a...
23.9K 1.5K 42
[18+ ] [Photoframe Series Book #2]🦋 If you get a chance to taste a bite of a bittersweet chocolate, you will get addicted immediately. No matter how...
4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
1M 40.6K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...