UN-RAVEL : The inner strength...

By sparkleofnight_22

When you are clueless about your PAST, Sceptical about your FUTURE, What will you do? If you ask me, I WILL L... More

PROLOGUE...
INTRO-CUM-CHARACTER SKETCH....
UN-RAVEL 1.... Hye!!! I am Zamira....
MALHOTRA'S MANSION...
MALHOTRA'S MANSION 2....
UN-RAVEL 2... NOBODY...
UN-RAVEL 3.... FIRST SIGN OF AFFECTION....
UN-RAVEL 4.... SURREAL....
UN-RAVEL 5.... MY OWN SHARE OF DOUBTS....
UN-RAVEL 6.... THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT EVERYTHING TODAY....
UN-RAVEL 7.... RAINBOWS & UNICORNS....
UN-RAVEL 8.... WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER....
UN-RAVEL 9.... I MEAN BAD BOY.... ISN'T SO BAD....
INTRODUCING NEW CHARACTERS....
MALHOTRA'S MANSION 3....
DHAWAN'S MANSION....
UN-RAVEL 10.... NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS....
UN-RAVEL 11.... YOU TWO ARE TOO DAMN, HOT....
MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎅....
UN-RAVEL 12.... LET'S LEARN GUITAR....
UN-RAVEL 13.... BAD OR GOOD....
UN-RAVEL 14.... DARK HELL HOLE....
UN-RAVEL 15.... FRIENDS....
UN-RAVEL 16.... SHE IS MY DAUGHTER....
UN-RAVEL 17....
UN-RAVEL 18....THAT'S HOW I FEEL....
UN-RAVEL 19.... QUESTIONS??? ANSWERS....
UN-RAVEL 21.... MY HOPE....
UN-RAVEL 22.... RISE AND FALL....
UN-RAVEL 23.... HAZE....
UN-RAVEL 24.... ROCKY DAY....
UN-RAVEL 25.... NEW DAWN....
UN-RAVEL 26... FORTIS FORTUNA ADIVUAT....
UN-RAVEL 27.... I AM STRONG...
UN-RAVEL 28.... GUNS & FIGHTS....
UN-RAVEL 29.... FIGHTING OUR EVILS...
UN-RAVEL 30....
UN-RAVEL 31.... PERIOD....
UN-RAVEL 32.... MEMORIES....
UN-RAVEL 33.... FROZEN MOMENT.....
UN-RAVEL 34....
UN-RAVEL 35....
UN-RAVEL 36....
UN-RAVEL 37.... THE FAMILY TREE....
UN-RAVEL 38.... THE FEUD WITH PAST...
UN-RAVEL 39.... MANIK & NANDANI....
UN-RAVEL 40...
UN-RAVEL 41...
HAPPY DIWALI...
HAPPY GURUPURAB....
PROMO....
UN-RAVEL 42...
NOTE...
Vote...
UN-RAVEL 43....
UN-RAVEL 44...
45.
UN-RAVEL 46.... MUSICAL NIGHT...
UN-RAVEL 47...
UN-RAVEL 48...
UN-RAVEL 49... PART A...
UN-RAVEL 49... PART B...
UN-RAVEL 50...
UN-RAVEL 51...
UN-RAVEL 52...
UN-RAVEL 53...
UN-RAVEL 54...
HAPPY DIWALI...
UN-RAVEL 55...

UN-RAVEL 20....

1.2K 111 11
By sparkleofnight_22

UN-RAVEL 20....

As the clock ticks an hour past one Ivaan stretches himself out of the bed and turns a little, a while later he is reminded of the day earlier, he snaps his head to look at the watch placed on the table besides him and curses under his breath seeing the time he slept for without even using the washroom he rushes down shouting for his mother.

"What happened Ivaan? Why are you shouting?" Aliya asks him in response to his shouts.

"Mom, you are asking me what happened. Did you see the time I slept for so long and you didn't even bother to wake me up. How can you. Buddy would be alone. And how is Zamira?"

"Shhh....." Aliya pats her son's shoulder in order to calm him down, "Will you please relax and listen to me." Ivaan huffs but nods, "First of all you have been up for too long and not only I but even Manik wanted that you should rest and Manik is not alone Maa, Ansh and Piya are with him. And about Zamira she is in her conscious now. Doctors have advised to keep her under observation." Ivaan nods, "Now you better go and freshen up."

Ivaan nods in disagreement, "No, mom I am already late and I will go. Please..."

"Shut up, you idiot." Cabir reprimands him, "Look because of you I am also here only. Now go freshen up and then we will eat something together and by then everyone will be here from school as well so we all will go together." Ivaan makes a grumpy face but a stare from Cabir helps him to not negotiate with them.

"Now go. I will prepare something for you." Aliya says patting his cheeks lovingly.

Ivaan rushes to his room and freshening up gets ready and soon along with Cabir, he has his breakfast-cum-lunch and then they leave for hospital. They spot Manik at the entrance of the hospital talking to someone on call and all his face gives away is pure frustration.

"Manik. Why are you so frustrated?" Manik turns to look at Cabir stuffing his phone back in the pocket.

"Cabir..." He sighs, "I called up Cadrica." Cabir gives him a confused look, "Umm.... She is Nandani's friend and the lawyer who handed over Zamira's responsibility to me. She doesn't knows anything about Nandani and she even said that she will come to meet Zu and it can be complicated."

"Vovo... Vovo...." Cabir pats Manik's both shoulders with his hands, "You are making no sense Manik. So please explain us what you are trying to say."

Manik huffs and rubbing his forehead nods in agreement, "Today the police officers came to take Zu's statement and she told them few things which didn't make sense to me. Like she was in an abusive relationship and Nandani has left her. I mean how..."

"Wait.... What? What do you mean by that buddy?" Ivaan asks with a scrutinised look in his eyes as if he is trying to hard to understand the situation.

Manik huffs and weighing his options he decides to tell Ivaan something that nobody accept for his mother, Cabir, the doctors and him knew, "Ivaan you need to patiently listen to me, okay." Ivaan nods, "Doctors told us that.... Ummm..... Zamira has been tortured before this incident too." Ivaan looks with wide eyes at him as if somebody slipped floor beneath his feat and he still managed to stand, "The thing is that when today the police officers enquired about it she said it's was just an abusive relationship and when asked about Nandani she said, Nandani left her. Which both clear cut lies."

"Didn't police check about her abuse story." Cabir questions ignoring Ivaan who is still in daze.

"That's the thing. They did and even found it out to be true. About Nandani I checked with Cardiac and she told me that Nandani didn't meet her instead she just had a conversation with her over the phone and now there is no sing of her. About Cadrica she will come to check Zu and might take her out of my custody."

Cabir sighs while Ivaan is totally speechless and Manik is a nervous wreck.

"Tortured.... Like what?" That's the only thing Ivaan asks.

Manik looks at him and bites his lips, "Like it is. I guess."

Ivaan nods,"It's kinda a hard to digest."

Manik, "I know."

"And what about the school incident."

"Zamira wasn't going to say the truth but when I told her that Brian had already testified she said the same thing he had earlier told. So kinda that thing is sorted. But I am so worried about Zu. I just can't understand what's going on in her mind."

"Maybe, what she said would be true. I mean we don't have anything to contradict it."

"I know that Cabir but I know my daughter too. I know when she is lying and when she is saying the truth." Cabir nods.

"Manik..." Manik turns to look at his mother who seemed to be searching for him. "What are you doing here? Zamira has been asking for you."

Manik just moves his head, "I will come mom."

"What's it Manik?" She questions seeing his tensed demeanour.

"Nothing maa. Just thinking about Zu." He says sliding both his hands behind his neck and stretching his neck.

"Manik I understand your concern and I guess you should look deeply into every matter that concerns her especially after what all has happened."

"But how mom. She won't say a thing and I can't see her that way." He yells out of frustration.

"She has a broken bone, over 360 stitches and an entirely bleeding body. One thing I know that all this isn't for nothing. She has a motive. Something so strong that she isn't ready to give up on it even when she is lying half dead. So better then being frustrated and shouting is you use your brain, Mr. Malhotra." She says with a poker look and stern face silencing Manik.

"I think we should try figuring out about Nanuu maa (Nandani's name Ivaan uses to address her), maybe she is the motive behind everything because as far as I know sunshine, accept for nanuu maa she has no one else and nanuu maa won't ever leave her because for protecting her only she left everyone else."

"Much better. At least someone is using brain, here." Tejaswini says giving a sardonically look to Manik.

"Fine. We should start from her house and her work place." Manik finally says.

"Okay, then. When Cadrica would leave her office I will go there and will try to figure out about Nandani because in her presence she might not let us do anything."

"Alright. And no one should know about this especially Zu."

"Now go Manik, Zamira needs you. Be strong in front of her and support her. She needs you." Tejaswini says patting Manik's shoulder who nods.

A part of Manik felt elated as his daughter needed him just like years back but a bigger part of him ached seeing his flesh and blood suffering. His mind had set plans for what he has to do to help her but what is he going to do with his own self. How is he going to stop himself from being weak in front of his daughter. How is he supposed to see her falling apart and how is he supposed to see her wounded so badly. 360 stitches isn't a joke he knows what they mean. Scars for a lifetime. He could see her wounds. Her arms are wrapped in bandages, she wasn't able to move an inch, her wrist has a broken bone, swollen feet, her face is scrapped from a lot of places with bluish black colour under her eyes and not only to her but even to him her body feels heavier then ever. Her skin isn't the fair complexion anymore it is a mixture of reds, blues, browns and blacks with white bandages all over. She looks miserable. He isn't able to move an inch as he sees her resting body. He wipes off the streaming tears from his eyes.

The door of the ward opens again accompanied by noises and he shifts to look at the door and shushes the loud people.

"Sorry..." Alishka mumbles and he nods and whispers "It's okay. Come on in."

All the kids enter with loads of stuff making Manik confused.

Yuvaan answers his confusion, "This room is so boring and we don't want Zamira to feel more sick seeing these pale walls so we will decorate the place silently till she sleeps."

"Alright but no noise at all she needs to rest."

"No worries chucks. All of us will do it silently." Alishka agrees.

"Yup... Why fear when Niyati is here." She says bouncing her collar in a bit louder tone and everyone glares her to lower her voice down.

All the kids begin to decorate the room and Manik helps them along as it turns out to be a good shift of mind for him. After about an hour the room had open windows letting cool breeze in with two beautiful bonsai by it's side and the white curtains were replaced by azure curtains, some nice decoration on the walls with fresh flowers by Zamira's bed side and a basket of fruits she probably can eat. A bit of funky decoration on one wall with words, "GET WELL SOON" written on them and some balloons around it.

After a while Zamira opens her eyes and the changes in room astound her she blinks a few times to adjust her eyes to the light in the room, it looked brighter, feels lighter and smells better then before she smiles looking at the setup and then she turns to look at the people who are looking at her for some reaction quite curiously she smiles and mutters, "Thank you." They happily bounce on her, "Aallll..... Ppppeeeeeeooooooopppppppllllllllllleeeeeee...... Gettt offfff meeeeeee....." All of them get off her, "Sorry...."

She sighs in relief, "People treat me as a patient not a ping pong ball." All of them chuckle while Yuvaan comments, "Don't you think by staying with me your sense of humour is improving."

"From back."

"Yes... Oye.... No...." Yuvaan first says in hurry but then corrects himself only to hear everyone laugh out at him.

"It would be foolishness to ask this question but as we are defined by some protocols so I will ask you. How are you feeling Zee?" Zamira chuckles at Alishka's exaggerated statement.

"It would be absurdness to reply I am fine as being punched like a sandbag doesn't makes anyone fine but just like you as I am defined by some protocols too, so allow me to tell you that I am rocking in this hospital gown with all the bandages and it has been my dream to dance while limping." Alishka rolls her eyes while laughing along with others.

"But don't you think that doctor will throw you peeps out as soon as he sees all the fuss you have created."

"Nope.... It my papa's hospital so nobody is going to through us out." Tanvi shrieks with joy while Zamira questioningly squints her eyes, "Is Abhi mamu a doc."

Yuvaan laughs hearing her as imagining Abhimanu as a doctor seemed to tickle him to no extends, "No. Not at all. He is a businessman. This hospital is run by him."

"Ohh.... Hye.... Where is Ivaan and ....."

"Chucks..." Alishka fills in for her and she nods, "Umm.... Both of them just now went out. Caby called them actually."

"Okay." Zamira looks disappointed as ever since she had sent Manik out she didn't see him earlier Tejaswini, Piya and Ansh came and later she fell asleep.

"Hye... Mind if I ask something." Yuvaan asks through pierced lips.

"What's it Yuvaan?"

"Boo, yesterday when doc wasn't letting chucks in he yelled at him and told that you are his daughter. We know you are Zamira but...."

Zamira whose face had drained out off colour just didn't know what to tell them and how, there are so many zigzag pieces to this tale that she herself hasn't been able to put them all together then what is she supposed to tell them, after a while of thinking she replies, "Well, yes I am Zamira. The same one you are talking about and like you all I too don't have answers to other questions."

All nod and just to lighten the mood Alishka slams Yuvaan's head, "Forget I Zee, this idiot has the oddest timing in the world." Zamira passes a weak smile.

"Guys... What's up in school? I mean after all this and today I even gave the statement so." Zamira asks curiously.

"Well, yesterday was too much hotchpotch and when we all got to know we came here. Principal seemed purely frustrated and she had questioned Brian so when he took names of those girls she fumed with rage and didn't believe him."

Zamira cuts Alishka, "Why? Why didn't she believe him?

Yuvaan and Alishka exchange looks between them and this time Yuvaan continues, "Actually, once Brian had a huge case and all the four girls testified against him. So princi thought that maybe because of that Brian is accusing them and because Alexis is princi's daughter too."

Alishka nods as if saying that he's right and continues, "About today after the break princi called everyone for a meeting and in that she rusticated all the four girls and warned all of us to behave. Accept for that a bit of chit chat and gossip here and there."

"Oh.... And about the police."

"We don't know anything about them yet."

As they all continue to talk after a while the door opens and in comes every single person of the Fab 5 families.

"Guys.... Slow down." All shush themselves hearing Manik's loud voice, "I mean it's ridiculous so many people aren't even allowed in." 

"And who will send us out." Abhi asks with a raised eyebrows to which Manik gives disapproving nod but who cares.

"You know I was so sure that she is our Zamira." Navya beams with happiness as she kisses Zamira's cheeks and Zamira turns towards Manik who is standing their showing no emotions at all. Didn't want her as his daughter. Why did he always behave that way? So many questions related to one person and her head bombarded with pain and tears just make way through her eyes. The pain of being beaten up didn't hurt her as much as Manik's denial does. She wipes the tears off and passes a weak smile while Cabir glares at Manik and pushes him forward towards Zamira. Manik sits besides Zamira but doesn't looks at her and she could feel her insecurities hit her like hundreds of bricks falling on her chest. Taking the cue of hurt from Zamira Cabir sits besides Manik and takes Zamira's hand in his catching her attention.

"We all missed you a lot Nova. I am glad you are with us. You know Manik missed you the most." He says eyeing Manik who squints his eyes glaring him.

Zamira slips her hand out of his and smilingly says, "Thank you."

"Come on Manik. Stop being a jerk and give her a hug. Maa told us she has been asking about you all day." Mukti pushes him verbally.

Manik looks at her awkwardly and Ivaan slams his arm, "Come on...."

Manik moves forward to take her in a hug but she moves backward, "It's okay. You don't have to it. I understand. Mom always said that relations can not be forced. So it's okay."

Manik looks at her being offended, "Do you think that I am forced to accept you."

"I guess you you are confused." Zamira says back as politely as she could manage to.

"Confused...." Manik repeats.

Zamira nods, "I get it. When you told I am your daughter you didn't mean it. O.b.v.i.o.u.s.l.y." She says slower then ever trying to find exact words unwilling to add pieces of her anger and frustration in them. "It was just a heat of moment. After I am a NOBODY for you." She says trying to hide sarcasm in her words and then flips over stretching the bed sheet trying to hide from everyone. While Manik gets out of the room as anger makes way through his veins.

"Wait.... What you think you are doing?"

"Just go back Ivaan. I don't want to hear a thing."

"Fine I will go but just tell me what you think you are doing."

Manik turns around with his eyes ablaze, "You want to know what I am doing. I am doing exactly what I was supposed to do. I told you I don't want to go near her but you forced me. What did you say live in the moment. Make everything special with her. Look.... Just look.... She thinks I don't accept her as my daughter. Look where she has brought herself to. And now you don't dear give me an advice. Just leave me alone." He smacks his hands in air frustratedly.

"Oh... So what do expect out of her. Once you tell her she is a nobody and then you say she is your daughter but you can't even acknowledge the fact in front of her. Guess she is your daughter. To expect her to be less stubborn and demanding."

"Look I am not in for a lecture. Just leave me."

"Fine..." Ivaan says being hurt with his words and leaves.

While Manik curses himself under his breath but he can't control himself in front of Zamira. He can't see her like that. He just can't live with the burden. He fists his hand and punches around mindlessly. He looks around and just in order to calm himself down he gets out of the hospital and starts running through the busy night streets of New York. New York glowed in it's full glory under the night sky looking even more beautiful then ever before. He runs past busy clubs and restaurant, traffic lights turning green and red, closed school buildings and silent parks. He runs as far as he could go till he come to a place far away from the city a small pond with trees around it only the moonlight lightened the place. He huffs hard and cries out of frustration rambling around after few minutes he stops crying and screams at top of his voice. Nothing changes but a part of him feels lighter. Sitting there in silence without thinking about anything at all. He sits their looking into vast expands of the sky, the deep darkness. The sky didn't mesmerise him not even the stars he has fallen asleep seeing a million times, neither did the slow musical rumble of the nature's song sooth him but still he is trying to make peace with himself. There is no solitude in this place, there is nothing that makes him feel better but being there for a little longer, sitting there just doing nothing, feeling nothing and away from the weight of responsibilities and thoughts, minds and efforts just being away makes him feel better. He is been alone for so long that unknowingly he befriended loneliness so much that after a life away from it just going back to being alone felt more soothing then the life of his dreams. Might be he seems selfish to many but sometimes the most selfless thing we can do for someone is to be away because we know by being close we will only hurt them. It's better to be levelled yourself first before trying to level others because sometimes it's just to hard to take it. A while away might not make it easier but it makes it bearable. Just bearable.

To be continued....

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH PEEPS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, VOTES AND SUPPORT IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. LOVE YOU GUYS....

Keep smiling
Stay blessed
&
For now signing off
SHIVIKA 😊....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 6.4K 34
14/05/20 - 28/08/20 Nandani Moorthy the only Daughter of Well Known Doctors in California. Yes her Parents were both doctors and were quite famous an...
854K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
297K 22.9K 20
~A possessive love story~ Nandini Murthy, she is the bad boy's girl. Manik Malhotra, he is the good girl's choice. Two love sick teenagers. People j...
240K 17.2K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...