When The Nights Get Long

By jackson_terrance

I know using they/them as pronouns seems a little threatening, but there are a lot of people who use it as th... More

Screwed
Egg Yolk Soup
Leave A Tender Moment Alone
Complex
Cold Medicine and Warm Hands
Breakfast and Silence
Late Nights
Should Know By Now
Ruffled Hair
The Only One With A Key
Down The Rabbit Hole
For Once In My Life
Lost And Lonely
Eventually Someone Will
First Dates
This Night
Blue Moon
Tell Me You Love Me
Selfish
Ultimatums
Jell-O Cups
Temporary
Jumpstart
Metro and Kimpton
My First, My Last, My Everything
Trust
Hot Box
Consequences
No Promises, But No Intentions
Closure
The Ballad of a Rockstar
Three Weeks, Six Months
Something Stupid
Break My Stride
Old Habits
The Long And Winding Road
I'm Sorry
Failure
Making The Bed
Epilogue

Questions And Confessions

135 18 12
By jackson_terrance

Cheers erupted throughout the club, Resting Bitchface and Galactic Cannibalism both partying as though it were 1999. Finally, after six long months, the tour was over. It was close to Halloween, and some people chose to dress up. In the next twenty-four hours, everyone would be back home, living their old lives before the tour.

Blue was unable to celebrate, as from the moment they stepped foot into the club, they had kneeled in front of a toilet and vomited. They had been eating plenty of junk food, craving the little things. Blue assumed they were merely drunk, as they had been drinking since the beginning of their set, but the normal side effects weren't the ones they were receiving. Something was different.

Flushing the toilet, Blue stood up when they felt emptied. Walking up to the sink, they washed their hands and rinsed out their mouth. Exhaling, they grabbed their jacket and exited the bathroom, heading straight for the door.

Standing out in the back lot, Blue sat on the curb and began to panic. They knew they had sex with Andrew the moment he was released from the hospital, and the two avoided a condom due to sheer excitement. Blue had a feeling they were pregnant, but they didn't want to think about that being a possibility. The idea of raising a kid so soon was no the way to celebrate the end of the tour.

"I thought that was you."

Blue spun around and groaned as they watched Jared approach them and sit beside them on the curb.

"Again?"

"I'm here celebrating an old friend's birthday. I left in hopes of not running into you or your band." He was silent. "I am glad I got to see you."

"Why?"

"I want to apologize."

Blue stared at him, quirking an eyebrow. "Go on."

He laughed. "I was rude when we met last time. I shouldn't have been trying to touch you and act like the good guy. I am happy for you and my brother. You take care of him and make him happy, and I understand that."

"Apology accepted," Blue said dryly.

"Umm," he mumbled and began to wring his hands together. "I also wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?"

"Please, I don't do this often, so don't say anything."

Great way to apologize, Blue thought.

"I quit my job at my father's company."

Blue jerked their head to face him. They wanted to comment, but they didn't want to discourage him from continuing.

"I'm going to start my own architectural company. It may be difficult, you know, since my dad may try to do whatever he can to stop me, but I'm branching out from my current company. I have wanted to be an architect ever since I was a child, and I'm going to pursue it for real now. I'm not going to let my dad be what holds me back." He looked at Blue and smiled. "Thanks for inspiring me to do so."

"Of course," they nodded. "I'm happy for you."

"And ever since I quit, I've honestly been happier than I ever have been in my life. I finally understand why Andrew left, and I know now I'm not actually in love with you."

Blue didn't know what to say. "Oh?"

He nodded. "If you made my brother happy by being in love with you, I figured the same would work for me. As happy as you made me on the subway, I knew there would never be anything but a potential friendship, and I'm sorry I tried to force my love on you. You didn't want it, and neither did I."

"So...it was all fake?"

"Don't tell me you actually fell in love with me?" he smirked.

"I'm trying to get some clarity so I can figure out if I want to beat your ass or not," they stated. "I have been stressing out ever since I met you last year over whether or not you were going to do something stupid and elaborate to break the two of us up and whether you would get your dad involved. You suck."

"I'm sorry," Jared frowned. "It was stupid of me to do, and I am sorry about it. I didn't realize it at first. It's always been more of a subconscious thing, so I just went along with it. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Well, you did." Crossing their arms, Blue huffed and rolled their eyes. "I have half the nerve to actually kick your ass right now."

"What does the other half say?"

Blue placed a hand over their uterus. "Not to," they murmured.

Jared gasped and ran his hands over his face and through his hair as he jumped up from the curb. "Oh, my gosh," he exclaimed, laughing heavenly. "You're pregnant."

"Shut up," Blue hissed, jumping up after him. "No one knows, and no one will know for a while, understand?"

"Your band doesn't know?"

"I don't even know. I just started throwing up this morning...and I did miss a period. I-I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up until I know for sure. They can't always tell right away."

"Blue, it's been...six, seven weeks since Andrew was in the hospital?" He grabbed their hand. "We need to go get you tested."

"Fine," they groaned, knowing it was better to check before they went home.

^^^

"How are you doing in there?" Jared called out.

"Do you really have to be hovering right now?" Blue called back. It was embarrassing enough to buy a pregnancy test with their partner's brother, but to have him scream from outside the convenience store's bathroom was even worse. "I have to wait a minute. Say something to distract me. Tell me about your company and your happiness."

"Well, like I said, I never was in love with you- The baby's not mine, keep moving," he yelled outside, causing Blue to laugh. "I never understood how happiness and freedom could be related."

"Sounds to me like you need to have a talk with your brother," Blue smirked. "You should lock yourselves in a bathroom and get high together."

"Yeah, yeah, like I ever could. He doesn't like me, remember? He hates me."

Blue opened the bathroom door and peeked their head outside and shrugged. "I like you."

"Really?"

They nodded. "I may be pissed at you for what you did and how you treated Andrew...but...I don't know, right now I'm liking you. You seem like a better person already, but it will take a lot more to officially stay in my good book. Just learn to be supportive of him and keep this happiness flow going. That's really all you're missing."

"I'm working on it," he nodded.

"I can tell."

He rolled his eyes. "Are you going to see what you got?"

^^^

Blue ate a bag of Doritos as they climbed back onto the bus. They sat down on the couch in their usual spot and stared out the window at nothing in particular.

Pregnant. They were pregnant. The idea of having kids one day was something they had thought of before. It was something Blue wanted, though not until later in life. Instead, they were pregnant while they were young, so they hoped to be able to one day open their school and continue to tour and make music in the meantime. Their life didn't have to end. Luckily, they seemed to be privileged enough to raise the child right, so long as Andrew didn't kick them out.

Blue hated to think like that. Andrew loved them, and they knew he would be excited about it. Kids weren't something the two had talked about before, but they knew it would come after marriage. It was just a little out of order. One day the two would get married after they had their child. He would be happy. Deep down they knew he would be happy. It was difficult to keep it in the forefront of their thoughts.

The bus door opened, and Aiden stomped on with Rain. "There you are. I heard you were sick, and then I saw you run off with some guy."

"It was Jared."

"Why is always around-"

"I'm pregnant," they stated, eating another chip.

"What?" he gasped.

"Yeah, I just bought a test. Two lines. Laddi-freakin-do," they deadpanned, pouring the chip crumbs into their mouth.

"Blue, you always wanted kids."

"Yeah, later in life after I've done the touring and my school took off," they clarified. "I'm not ready to take care of a baby. Lord knows I can't do that shit right."

"Well, at least the baby will know how to curse," Rain teased. "Besides, you got Andrew. He'll be excited. He'll want to help take care of it. There's nothing to worry about. You're living rich now, and he will help support you."

"And your brother will be more than happy to help," Aiden added. "You know, once you tell him."

"I haven't told him anything. He doesn't know about me and Andrew, and who knows what he'll think when he finds out about a damn baby. I'm screwed."

"Oh, Blue, your brother will love you no matter what," Aiden cooed, "and Andrew will still love you. He may love the baby more, but he'll still love you."

"I know- I know," Blue sighed as they buried their face in their hands. "I just can't help but worry about the tiniest chance that he won't accept us and that Andrew will leave me for getting pregnant."

"You could always get an abortion," Rain suggested.

"Look, I may be pro-choice, but I could never get an abortion. That's not an option for me personally. I'm keeping it no matter what...I just don't know what I'd do if I had to say goodbye to Andrew. I want to marry him. He's the love of my life."

"Tell him," Aiden and Rain stated.

^^^

Blue lugged the suitcase into the foyer, inhaling the intoxicating aroma of their home. Finally, after six long months, they would be staying for good. There were no more tours, no more parties. Just staying at home with the man they loved.

"Hi, Blue," Andrew said as he walked up to them, grabbing their waist and kissing their lips softly. "Welcome back."

"Ooh, I like this greeting you got going," they chuckled. "Makes me feel special."

"Well, that's my goal. You're back," he said as he lifted them up bridal style, causing them to squeak, "and I want to make this special. I missed you like crazy."

"I know," they smirked. "You passed out because of it." Andrew rolled his eyes and planted them on the couch. "No, I'm sorry, don't let me go."

He leaned down to peck their lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Come sit down and cuddle with me. I've missed you."

"You're very clingy right now," he chuckled as he sat down. "What's going on?"

"I told you, I missed you. Is it so weird to want to hold you in the meantime? I need to refuel on Andrew."

"No," he said. "There is definitely something else going on in your head. What is it?"

Blue grabbed his hand, interlocking their fingers. "I've been doing some thinking," they said, "about us. What's in store for us."

"You mean telling Luke?" he asked, his voice slightly uneven. "I've been thinking about it, too. I wish we could have told him before you went on tour-"

"You know why."

"-only so I could ask him for his permission to take your hand in marriage."

Eyes snapping up to Andrew's, Blue sat up as Andrew smiled and took both their hands. "I love you, Blue. You being away on tour made this decision a lot clearer for me. You're the only one I want to be with. I may have been in love with Luke, but that was so I could keep myself from falling for someone else before I could fall in love with you. You're the love of my life. You're the one I want to be with."

"So you're asking me to marry you? Like, you're actually asking me to marry you right now?" Blue giggled.

Andrew shuffled around in his pocket and pulled out a small black box to hand to Blue. They opened it, crying at the simple silver ring with a small diamond in the middle. "I thought you'd like something more simple than-"

"I'm pregnant." 

This book is nearing the end, and once it is done, a new book will be up. In the meantime, be sure to vote, comment, and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.5K 55
"I wanna be the boy you brag to your friends about, i wanna be the boy you take to the park with you, i wanna be the boy who gets to shake your fathe...
779K 15.2K 44
Because psycho murderers would make great parents, don't ya think?! This isn't just for a female reader, but He/She. Here are the Creepypastas I've w...
40 0 25
*Disclaimer* Any music reference (including title) I do not own, it is owned by Waterparks. I love this album so much that I accidentally wrote a mus...
223K 8.4K 40
C O M P L E T E D ✔ (EDITING ABANDONED) [Michael Myers x Mute!(Fem) Reader (Dead by Daylight FF)] You never understood why you were brought into t...