When The Nights Get Long

Autorstwa jackson_terrance

I know using they/them as pronouns seems a little threatening, but there are a lot of people who use it as th... Więcej

Screwed
Egg Yolk Soup
Leave A Tender Moment Alone
Complex
Cold Medicine and Warm Hands
Breakfast and Silence
Late Nights
Should Know By Now
Ruffled Hair
The Only One With A Key
Down The Rabbit Hole
For Once In My Life
Lost And Lonely
Eventually Someone Will
First Dates
This Night
Blue Moon
Tell Me You Love Me
Selfish
Ultimatums
Jell-O Cups
Temporary
Jumpstart
Metro and Kimpton
My First, My Last, My Everything
Trust
Hot Box
Consequences
No Promises, But No Intentions
Closure
The Ballad of a Rockstar
Three Weeks, Six Months
Something Stupid
Old Habits
Questions And Confessions
The Long And Winding Road
I'm Sorry
Failure
Making The Bed
Epilogue

Break My Stride

124 18 10
Autorstwa jackson_terrance

Four months. Four months of touring. Four months of drinking. Four months in a tour bus coasting all over America with the newest punk rock band that was rising to stardom, Resting Bitchface.

It was a dream. It had to be. Being played on the radio. People coming out to Resting Bitchface concerts only to see Galactic Cannibalism. Blue and Aiden felt as though they were back in high school with their old band, dreaming up scenarios neither ever thoughts would come true. Playing for large crowds. Signing fans breasts. People asking to sleep with their favorite band member.

Life was going well. With the success of the tour, it seemed rumors were spreading across the fanbase of an official album coming out. While the band may have been met with mediocre success, there was no guarantee of a solo tour. It didn't stop the band from wanting to tour, even if they remained an opening group for a while.

Suzanna, lead guitarist of Resting Bitchface, wandered over to Blue. With everyone off the bus to take a break at a pit stop, they continued to text Andrew while he was taking a break from a long meeting.

"I have to ask," she said as she sat down. "How do ya get through the long nights without him? Don't ya miss him like crazy?"

The only reason Resting Bitchface knew anything about Blue and Andrew's relationship was because Andrew sent Blue flowers after a month of touring. Everyone began to tease Blue until they revealed who they were seeing. After telling Resting Bitchface about their secret relationship, everyone agreed to keep it private.

"Of course, I do. I love him. He's the most important person in my life...you know, other than Luke. We still love each other after all this time apart, and we've worked towards making time for one another."

"By always texting him?" Suzanna smirked. "Gotta say, I admire your dedication. I could never do long distance. If I'm ever gonna get married, ya betta believe they will come with me on the road. I ain't trusting nobody."

"Good luck with that," Blue awkwardly chuckled.

It was challenging when the nights got long, and the two spent more time apart from one another than they hoped for, but it was all worth it. Blue was touring, living out their dream before the main dream. And Andrew supported them. He was there for them, ready to help them whenever he was called into action.

It helped that they always texted one another. Blue always responded to messages, even if Andrew couldn't respond right away. There were no good mornings or goodnights, just a long, endless stream of texts. I love you was the way one said good night, and the conversation would pick up the next day.

The only goodbyes were over the phone or computer (a rare event due to the horrible Wi-Fi on the bus). And with each goodbye, a new hello would commence the moment one sent a text to the other. It was long and hard, missing the other's touch, but hearing the other's voice was enough to keep each of them moving and inspired. Nothing was going to break their stride.

A: Where are you playing tonight?

B: We're in Burlington. I'm excited. Rory said they have the fifth biggest GC fanbase. Looking out for a lot of fans

A: lol everyone is sure to be your fan once you play.

B: Oh ha ha

A: I'm serious. Your fanbase grows every day.

B: And how do you know that?

A: You told me

"Oh, he got you there," Alister teased.

Not realizing he was hovering over their shoulder, Blue jumped away, hit the wall of the bus, and growled in pain.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry. You okay? You need some ice?" he worried.

"No, no," Blue chuckled, "I'm fine. This shoulder has seen worse."

"Still, will you be alright to play?"

Blue smirked. "Why wouldn't I?"

^^^

"Andrew," Marcy sighed, removing her hand from his forehead. "You're really warm and incredibly pale. Are you sure you're doing alright?"

Andrew knew the honest answer was no. He had been starving himself, overworking to the brink of exhaustion. Burying himself in work was better than facing the loneliness of the apartment. For four months Blue had been gone. The only sign of Blue's presence was their band's pictures in every music magazine.

The Resting Bitchface tour had been considered one of the best rock and roll tours in America that year. Everyone knew at least one song by each band. And with Blue's music playing on all the stations, Andrew chose to ignore everything and suffocate in work until it was time for the next phone call, video chat, or text message. He would continue to move numbly from one day to the next.

"Andrew-"

"I miss them," he stated. "I am so happy for them, but I miss them like crazy. I wish they were here with me. I wish they weren't on tour anymore. I wish it was over so I can hold them again, but I have to wait two more months. I can make it through them if I focus on work. Keep myself busy, leave no time unfiltered. Then...then we'll be together again."

Marcy shook her head, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This isn't healthy. When was the last time you ate?"

"What time is it?"

"17:16."

"Then thirty hours ago."

"Andrew!"

"I don't have time to eat right now! I am trying to finish this manuscript. You know, the one you came here in the first place for?"

"And what will you do when it's done? You're going to need to take a break soon, you know."

"Yeah, I do," he scoffed. "What's wrong with waiting until its done?"

"The book or the tour?"

He was silent.

Marcy groaned. "If you miss Blue this much, why don't you go surprise them at their next venue? I'm sure Blue would love to see you in person."

Slowly looking up at Marcy, Andrew smiled as he jumped up and hugged her. "You're a genius!" he shouted before running to his bookshelf, searching for Blue's touring schedule.

^^^

Though it didn't hurt to play, Blue's shoulder was quite sore after their set. Holding onto their shoulder, they sat down on the couch in the dressing room they shared with Rain. Taking a look at their shoulder, they groaned when they noticed the yellow skin from before was now a purplish-blue.

"Hon, you may need to get some ice for that...Or a doctor."

"It's fine. Really," they gritted slowly, rubbing the swollen skin.

"Well, don't touch it," she reprimanded. "Go ask an assistant for some ice or something. Surely they have something for that."

Rolling their eyes, Blue exited the dressing room and approached a stage assistant. Blue apologized profusely for asking for such a menial task, but the assistant promised it was no issue.

"I didn't take you for the insecure type," Jared's familiar voice spoke from behind them.

Blue groaned, turning around to face the non-coy man. A genuine smile was on his face, one of pride and excitement. It was quite the contradiction compared to the last time they saw him, and as relaxing as it was, they still tensed in his presence. "Why the hell are you here?"

"I designed this building," he replied, looking around him in pride. "I have to say, I'm quite pleased with my work."

"You designed this place?" Blue gasped.

"Yeah," he nodded. "When I saw you were touring, I asked to have your band play here. I want your band's signature to be the first to write on our wall," he explained as he gestured to a blank, blue painted brick wall. Handing them a sharpie, he added, "I've been meaning to talk to you."

"What about?" they asked as they signed the wall. "How you told your father about Andrew and I? You don't have to talk about how we don't belong together, because your dad made that very clear. Twice. And just so you know, I am still very much in love with him and currently still with him, so you can both suck it."

Jared rolled his eyes. "I did tell my father, because I found it peculiar that Andrew would actually settle down with someone after being in a one-sided relationship with Luke for over a decade. You didn't tell me he was your brother."

"Luke was never brought up," they glared.

"Ah, true," Jared said. "That doesn't mean I don't support your relationship."

"What? So now you do? I thought you were in love with me?"

"As much as I may want you for myself, that doesn't mean I don't support your relationship with my brother," Jared admitted. "You did yell at my father. No one has ever been able to do that before. Everyone is too scared to stand up to him."

Blue narrowed their eyes on Jared, flickering their gaze to the structure backstage. "You should. This is an impressive building."

"As much as I may want to do this full time, I am still the head of the Parker Household. I had to do this one the side-"

"Like you normally do."

"Yes," he nodded. He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I did get to help build this time, though. I made sure to make time for it."

"It's your passion," Blue nodded. "You should do what makes you happy." Adverting their gaze to the stagehand giving them ice, they thanked him and sat down on a lounging couch.

"Damn, that doesn't look good," Jared winced. He sat beside them. "How were you able to play?"

"It doesn't hurt," Blue lied, their voice sharp. "It's just a little sore. Rain thought ice would help."

"Ice isn't always the best. Let me see it," he instructed, moving the ice aside to check the bruise. "That really doesn't look good. Do you want me to take you to a hospital?"

"I don't need one. I'm fine," they insisted, jerking out of his hands, only to groan in pain.

"Clearly." Jared rolled his eyes and exhaled.

"You know..." Blue trailed off, but Jared kept his eyes locked on them. "If you really want to be an architect, you should stick it to your father and just become one."

"I can't do that."

"Why? Because you're not Andrew?" Blue taunted, and Jared glared. "It's not like Andrew is getting off scot free. He's still being chased around and chastised by your dad. He may not leave you alone and life may still suck, but why not do what you want to do? Make yourself less miserable by doing something that makes you happy. There has to be someone just as qualified as you who could be the next president of the Parker company or whatever the hell you all do."

"Blue-"

"Blue!" Rain frantically shouted, running up to the two. "Someone named Marcy kept calling your phone, so I answered, and she said Andrew's in the hospital."

Vote, comment, share

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

40.2K 604 51
Hi I sadly can't log into my account (my old account was @Nazarath74334 it your interested) so I have to do this all over again This is for genderneu...
7.5K 178 24
Obsessive! Yandere x GN! Reader *Y/N uses They/Them pronouns in this book :) *I don't own the cover art. *Multiple people are in love with Y/N in t...
40 0 25
*Disclaimer* Any music reference (including title) I do not own, it is owned by Waterparks. I love this album so much that I accidentally wrote a mus...
84K 849 26
Just various x Male Reader stories, and that only, as I have no knowledge how it is in a same sex couple, so, sorry... Also, your age is 16 in these...