When The Nights Get Long

By jackson_terrance

I know using they/them as pronouns seems a little threatening, but there are a lot of people who use it as th... More

Screwed
Egg Yolk Soup
Leave A Tender Moment Alone
Complex
Cold Medicine and Warm Hands
Breakfast and Silence
Late Nights
Should Know By Now
Ruffled Hair
The Only One With A Key
Down The Rabbit Hole
For Once In My Life
Lost And Lonely
Eventually Someone Will
First Dates
This Night
Blue Moon
Tell Me You Love Me
Selfish
Ultimatums
Jell-O Cups
Temporary
Jumpstart
Metro and Kimpton
My First, My Last, My Everything
Trust
Hot Box
Consequences
No Promises, But No Intentions
Closure
The Ballad of a Rockstar
Three Weeks, Six Months
Break My Stride
Old Habits
Questions And Confessions
The Long And Winding Road
I'm Sorry
Failure
Making The Bed
Epilogue

Something Stupid

109 21 2
By jackson_terrance

For two weeks, Andrew seemed cold and distant to Blue. Even though it wasn't in his intentions to, he couldn't help it. Blue had no idea why. Why wouldn't he kiss them on the lips anymore? Why did he rarely want to sleep in the same bed? Why wouldn't he touch them? Blue was leaving soon, yet he gave them nothing to hold onto while they were away. It almost felt as if he was glad they were leaving.

"I'm leaving this weekend," Blue stated as they leaned in the doorway to Andrew's office. He stopped typing and looked up at them over the top ridge of his glasses. "We haven't done anything to celebrate."

He sighed, lowering his head back towards the computer. "I've been busy with my novel-"

"Can't you take a break?" they pleaded. "I want to spend some actual time with you this weekend, because I love you, and I am going to miss you. Can't we go do something?"

Taking off his glasses, Andrew rubbed the bridge of his nose and nodded. "No, yeah. Totally. What do you want to do?"

Taking a deep breath, Blue handed Andrew a printed ticket for a set of luxury hotels outside of Chicago. "I want to go here with you. The weather is finally turning nice, and I would like it if we could spend some alone time together."

"Did you already buy these?" Andrew asked as he inspected the ticket's front and back.

They nodded one quick nod. "Yes."

"Alright." He stood up and popped his back. "Pack a bag. We're leaving tonight."

"Really?"

"Really."

Blue beamed. They threw their arms around Andrew's neck and kissed his cheek before running to their room. They were desperate to spend as much time as they could with him before leaving for six months. Blue was not prepared to be away for so long. They needed to spend some quality time together before it was too late.

This was the final weekend the two would be able to spend together for six months. No matter what, they intended to spend the whole time loving Andrew, saving up on the memory of his touch and love for when the nights got long. As long as they could remember his touch, they would be able to make it via phone calls, text messages, and video chats the whole time. No matter what, they would make it work. Blue refused to say goodbye to him.

Andrew lingered in the doorway to Blue's bedroom. He watched them pack, oblivious to his presence. He noticed the slightest bit of distress on their face, and he assumed it had to do with the stress of going out on tour. If he would be able to help relieve any of their stress, he would do so. He wanted to enjoy one final weekend with them before they left.

When Blue noticed him, they smiled wide and zipped their bag. "Ready?"

Holding out his hand for them, he said, "Let's go."

^^^

From the moment they arrived, the atmosphere from the apartment consumed the hotel suite. Andrew sat at the table in the kitchen, typing away at his laptop, and Blue sat on the couch watching TV. The two were separated, Blue could feel it. If it was something they'd done, they wanted to be aware of it. They couldn't tell if they had done something wrong or if Andrew was finally getting tired of them.

"Why don't you come take a break. Sit with me," Blue called out to him.

"I have to finish this chapter before I can."

"Can't you finish it after the weekend?"

"I wish, but you know work."

"That's never stopped you before."

"Blue, I need to work on this," Andrew said without leaving any room for discussion.

Turning off the TV, they sat in front of him. Andrew didn't look up at them like he normally would. He didn't stop typing, save his document, and face them to talk. He always did. All he did was glance at them before continuing to type.

"Did I do something wrong?"

He didn't stop typing. "Why would you think that?"

"You've been ignoring me."

"I would never ignore you."

"You are right now."

Andrew sighed as he saved his document and closed his laptop. Holding his hands out to hold Blue's, he asked, "Is this better?"

"Your eyes are as cold as your words," they stated, pulling away from him. "If I did something wrong, can't you tell me?"

"You didn't do anything wrong," Andrew stated.

"Well, something has to be the matter, because ever since I told you about the tour you have been distant. I want to know what's going on. This is our last weekend together before I leave for six months. Why can't we spend time together like we normally would? Why do you have to make this weekend about work? All it's been for the past two weeks is work. What about me?" they ranted.

"What about you? You're still working."

"Yeah, I work when you're out of the house. Then I come home when you normally come home only for you to still be at work, and when you do come home, you go in your office and work some more. We hardly sleep together anymore, and when we do, you don't touch me. How am I not supposed to be worried that I did something if my own partner can't touch me anymore? I mean, you don't even kiss me anymore! I love you, Andrew. I miss you. I'm going to miss you even more when I leave. It's why I wanted you to come here with me. I wanted us to get away so I could enjoy my time with you, because I am going to miss you so damn much while I'm gone. Why did you stop?"

Andrew didn't want to stop. He wanted to touch Blue, hold them and kiss them. He wanted to hold them and cause them to miss their tour so he could spend all their time together. But it was Blue's dream. He wanted to support the same way he always had, just as they always did in regards to his own work. This time, it was difficult to. It used to be easy because he was never out until the crack of dawn, going out in town. Staying in Chicago allowed him to support Blue's dreams, but with Blue leaving, it was becoming increasingly difficult.

Blue would be gone. For six months they would be gone, making music and going out on tour. They would be in different cities every night, the two wouldn't be able to see each other all the time. It was going to be difficult. But Andrew was their partner. He was supposed to be supportive of them and cheer them on like they did for him. He was supposed to be there, and he hadn't been. He was ashamed of himself.

Blue stood up from the table and grabbed a keycard by the door. "I'm going to get a drink."

"They're not going to serve a minor," he whispered.

"Then I'll get food. I don't care. I just don't want to be here right now," they stated, slamming the door behind them.

Walking out into the hotel lobby, Blue spotted the familiar silhouette of Mr. Parker. The moment he caught their eye, they groaned. "What are you doing here?"

"I have my sources. I saw you checked in here the other night. I thought I would come by. It sounded like fun."

"Listen, sir, I'm not in the mood to talk right now," Blue stated as they attempted to walk past him.

Mr. Parker grabbed Blue's shoulder, holding them in place. "Just one minute-"

"Listen, buddy," they spat, surprising the man, "I am not in the mood. Your son is driving me insane right now, and I'm kind of pissed off. I don't need to listen to your endless jibber jabber right now about how you don't think I'm good enough for Andrew or how I should break up with him or some shit like that, cause it's never going to happen. I love your son. I am in love with him. One day, I will marry him, and you can kiss my ass."

"You don't want me dating Blue?" Andrew questioned.

Blue turned around, finding him standing in front of a closing elevator. They gritted their teeth and groaned.

"Oh?" Mr. Parker smirked. "You didn't tell him? Afraid he would see I'm right?"

"I told him right away, but we chose to ignore it, since we didn't need you pissing him off."

"Which isn't working so much right now," Andrew seethed. "Who the hell are you to go around talking shit about my partner?" He wrapped an arm around Blue's shoulder and pulled them into his side. "I am in love with Blue. There is nothing you can say that would make me want to give them up."

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Mr. Parker questioned, and he looked at Blue. "Alone."

Placing a kiss on Blue's forehead, Andrew whispered in their ear, "I'll be in our room in a moment." He walked away, following his father to the bar.

Still not wanting to head back to the room, Blue chose to head to the small convenience store located inside the hotel. Purchasing a handful of junk food, they paid and approached the elevators. Passing the bar, they heard Andrew talk. Though they wanted to give him some privacy, they needed to know what was happening. He hated his father. They wanted to support him, remaining close by if he needed someone.

"They're going on tour...be lonely on your own? Isn't it best to...while you can?"

"I'm in love with Blue. If I...then I won't."

"But it's taken a toll on you. How long will it last? Are you going to be able to handle it?"

"I understand you're...me, but I don't need it. You claim...me, but they have inspired me. You read...books. People say they're lighter now, almost...It's because of them. Because I'm with them, I'm happy. You should appreciate that and be happy..."

Blue's heart melted as they walked to the elevators. They made him happy. Andrew still loved them. He was fighting for their relationship. Even though they weren't sure what was bringing him down, they intended to be there for him and make sure he felt loved and supported.

"You got enough junk food?" Andrew chuckled as he entered the hotel room.

"I told you I was hungry," Blue defended as they shoved another chip in their mouth. Switching off the TV, they patted the spot on the couch next to them, and Andrew sat down. "Look, I don't know what's been bothering you, but we made a promise to one another that I would become more selfish, and you would be more open about your feelings. So, I'm going to be selfish right now and demand you to tell me what's been going on with you these past few weeks, because you haven't been doing good."

Nodding his head slowly, Andrew said, "I've been afraid of you going on tour, so I've been ignoring you to get used to life while you're gone."

"You know when a good time to get used to that is?" they asked, and Andrew shrugged. "When I'm not around. When I am around, we should enjoy one another's company, because I'm going to miss you."

"Me too. I'm going to miss you so much," Andrew said, shifting on the couch so he could face them better. He placed a hand on Blue's knee, and they placed their hand over his. "Honestly, what you said about Luke...it got to me."

"What? About not telling him about us until I come back?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "I don't want to hold you back-"

"From his dream. Not mine. Andrew," Blue sighed, leaning in close to his face, "I love you. I am not going to get rid of you anytime soon. I want to be with you even while I'm on tour. It's going to suck not being able to hold you for a few months, but I will still call you when I have time, and we'll video chat and text. We'll stay in contact. We'll stay connected. I promise."

"You promise you won't regret not sleeping with a bunch of guys on the road?" Andrew teased, but part of him was worried they would.

Blue smiled as they rolled their head back to groan. "Well, you know it's always been my dream to get chlamydia from a stranger, but it's a dream I'm willing to give up if it means I have you."

"I love you, Blue," Andrew stated.

"I love you, Andrew." Blue leaned in to kiss Andrew softly. "It's just six months," they promised.

"Six months," he nodded. Grabbing their hand, he interlocked their fingers and kissed the back of their hands. "I'm so happy you get to live your dream."

"Thank you," Blue said, cuddling into his chest, and Andrew held them close. It was only six months. The two have been apart before. With certain feelings this time, they both knew there was nothing to worry about.

Vote, comment, share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 3.3K 35
A story of how a lazy teen met a boy with history and a boy who was tired REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED!!! Warning: cringe ass writing, early 2021 ani...
2.8K 196 73
!!!DISCONTINUED!!! Jay is a soon-to-be-18-year-old nontransitioned and closeted transgender boy, who can't wait until the day he can escape his stric...
7.5K 178 24
Obsessive! Yandere x GN! Reader *Y/N uses They/Them pronouns in this book :) *I don't own the cover art. *Multiple people are in love with Y/N in t...
159K 3.3K 47
[Discontinued Until Further Notice] Hello guys, gals, non-binary, and genderfluid pals! Welcome to another One-Shot book! I do have some rules for yo...