Love Me In The Dark. [COMPLET...

By Ruonaa

An extremely dark sinful tale... -*- It was lust at first sight. Fuck buddies at the second.. But something... More

Epigraph.
Prologue.
Playlist
CAST / AESTHETICS.
Reunion
Hookah
Sometimes, she just needs it a little rough.
Payback?
Talking to a man with an accent sexier than yours, could get you wet.
Watching porn is a humane thing to do.
There's a first time for everything - Including stripping.
One night stand, or more?
When you've got no one to fuck you, you could always pleasure yourself.
Wet dreams, wild fucks, and an horny bride. Wrong combination.
Book Trailer 💿🎬
The deadliest drug.
Nobody's perfect.. not even a Prince Charming.
Emily Gaines is a fucking strong woman.
Feelings.
Trust.
Who is Logan?
🌑Love me in the dark.🌑☄
"Do you, Emily Katherine Gaines, take this man to be your lawfully wedded
Piled up lies.
Déjà Vu
" Be my girlfriend?"
Givin' You Lovin'
We all keep secrets. 🌒
The flame of the sun is full of wrath and it burned us
Darker sides.
Question! "?"
Gone?
Shitty shit.
A father's love.
His knight in shining armour.
The story so far.
Epilogue.
STANDALONE SERIES.
BOOK TWO.
BOOK THREE

The darkness turned against us.

4.1K 165 143
By Ruonaa

••||The darkness turned against us.||••

~^~^~

"I know there's pain in your heart
And you're covered in scars..
Wish you could see what i do.
Baby everything you are, is everything i need.
You're everything i need."

~Skylar Gray.

~^~^~

"Say something, i'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that i couldn't get to you..."

~A great big world.

~^~^~

LOVE ME IN THE DARK.
FINAL CHAPTER.
.    🌹🌹     🌹🌹   
🌹                  🌹
💚                      💚
   🌹                🌹  
      💚          💚     
          🌹   🌹         
              🌹

~^~
Her hands gripped firmly onto the mic stand. Tens of curious eyes watched patiently at her. Their hands were stretched out with their logo brand mic, some were seated with their laptops out, they were all waiting for her.

To talk.

To let a little gossip slip out.

A gossip that could unite, or break. That could wreck havoc, not only between two of the largest companies home, and abroad, but also the life of someone.

From behind the podium where she stood, she felt a hand rest on her bare shoulder. Her lips pressed into a thin line as she noticed that some of the reporters had started typing down with fast fingers, on their laptops.

He took a step forward to stand beside her, and when Emily turned to look at him, he smiled at her lovingly.

Then, she felt his hand clasp against hers, and murmurs began to fill the hall. It took everything that was in her, not to wipe that disgusting smile off Christian's face. She wanted to shove one of the mics down his throat, and render him voiceless.

"Does this mean the wedding will still hold?" one of them voiced out.

She could say no, and cause a huge uproar, and the same time seal the deal  and end an innocent life, or she could say yes, and get married to this man, while sparing Logan's life.

To save Logan, she had to be tough, she had to wipe every sign of weakness of her. It was that weakness that Christian had seen.. it was the weakness that he now wielded against her. To do as he bid.

Christian looked at her once more, the smile was still on his face. His eyebrow raised up in a questioning look. It was like he was silently telling her, 'do you want to tell them? or do you need me to?'

She forced a tiny smile onto her face, looked away from him, and back into the small crowd.

She could do this.

She had woken up that morning with a spirit that was far from depressed. She didn't have time for depression.

Into this company, she had walked, with all the air and grace of a powerful woman, but the moment she had stepped into the conference hall, all that seemed to crumble away. Doubts began to creep in, and in doing so, they created a little space for the depression she tried not to give her time.

Looks can be deceiving.

No one would believe that she was breaking inside as she stood before them that minute, all mighty and prideful in her dark red suede, off shoulder knee length gown, with her makeup done perfectly well.

Her little bump was visible, but that was the least of her problems.

How was she so sure that even if she told everyone here that she was going to marry Christian, he would really keep up with his end of the deal and release Logan.

He was a crazy man after all. Crazy people do unexpected crazy things.

Those eyes were still on her.. still waiting for her confirmation. Just as she was about to throw all doubts into the wind, and answer to the question, the door to the hall shot open, and all heads turned to see who had come in.

A large frown found it's way onto Emily's face as her dad calmly strode in. The crowd had begun to murmur again, flashes of cameras went on and off.

His steps were calm, unrushed, calculated, and as graceful as a tiger. His secretary, along with two of his bodyguards followed his steps closely, from behind him.

Christian was no longer smiling as she watched the old man with the same confused look everyone present in the room had.

Gerald walk up to the stage, until he stood beside his daughter.

"What are you doing here?" she mumbled with a strained voice. Christian's head popped into her face, as they both awaited his response.

"No one said i couldn't be here." he smiled, softly.

"Move aside." he said to Emily.

"Why? What kind of trouble do you want to cause now?" her frown deepened.

When he didn't reply her, she resigned and moved behind him. There was nothing worse he could do again after all. All had been done, and knowing her father, he was definitely not one to put his business in danger.

"Gerald, no one invited you." Christian mumbled, with gritted teeth.

"Your dad says hi, and by the way, he is extremely ashamed of you." Gerald turned to look at him, with another mocking smile. His words threw Christian off balance, and he frowned.

"What?"

"Silence everybody. Please!"

Those three words from Gerald sent the whole place into a peaceful slumber.

"I know you might be wondering what i am doing here, and i know you all also have hundreds of questions-" he grinned, and the crowd smiled.

"-but i assure you, all will be answered soon."

"Mr Gaines, are you no longer in support of the wedding between your daughter and Mr Dylan?" A question popped out.

Reporters. They are never patient.

"I do not wish to spend any more time here, but since my daughter feels like she is in a tight spot, i will answer for her."

All ears were alert, including Emily whose frown had refused to go away.

What was he up to? She wondered.

"There will not be a wedding."

~^~^~

Silence.

The hall was filled with it for just one second before the questions came rushing in. So many questions, that it was hard to even hear and pick one of them to answer.

Emily stood, dumbfounded. Shock and confusion highlighted the delicate features on her face. On the other hand, Christian tried, but completely failed to keep his calm.

"It's a lie!" he screamed out, and all eyes were on him.

"Emily, Emily-" he repeated as he walked to her, and grabbed onto her shoulders.

The murmurings rapidly increased. This drama was more than what anyone could have imagined or bargained for.

Emily wasn't even bothered by the hard grip of Christian's hands on her, she wanted to know why her father had done that.

He wasn't the kind of person that liked causing uproars like this, he did his things quietly, without noise, so why this?

If he really did want to help her, then why didn't he do something when she had gone to him for help yesterday?!

"My love, tell them it's a lie. We're getting married, aren't we?" he grinned hard.

"I want the best for my daughter, i have always wanted that. You think i'd make her spend all her time studying hard and becoming this perfect woman, only to let her marry you? You are psychotic, you kidnapped a young man, and i had no idea about it. Even your parents didn't think you had lost your humanity a long time ago."  Gerald spat out bitterly, and grabbed Emily away from Christian. Immediately they stepped down, the crowd of reporters ran after them, surrounding them.

Just then, the double side doors burst open and more men in black suits ran in, wading the reporters away, and making space for Emily and Gerald to go out safely.

The ones who were tired of being pushed away by the bodyguards quickly ran towards Christian.

Their questions slowly died down the moment they heard him chuckle.

And then, laughed, and laughed.

They watched him take his phone out of his pocket, and send a text to someone.

After sending the text, he shoved his phone down his pockets, and let his own bodyguard lead him out.

~^~^~

"What did you just do?" Emily finally found her voice to ask. The both of them had been led outside, and straight into Gerald's car.

"I stopped you from getting married to Christian. Wasn't that what you wanted?"

Gerald scowled as he saw the tears well up in her eyes, and when she looked up at him to speak, they fell out in waves.

"No. You just killed him."

~^~^~

She had never felt this broken.

She had never let her tears fall for any reason. Apart from today, the last time she had cried was more than ten years ago when she lost her mother.

The heart breaking news that her mother had killed herself, punched a hole in Emily's little heart, and she had grown up with that hole which had gradually increased with time.

Now, another hole was about to be added to the growing collection.

"Christian wouldn't kill him. You don't have to worry about tha-"

"How are you so sure?" she asked calmly, as the tears continued to stream down her face.

"Christian is not a murderer. I have told you before."

"But he killed a fucking girl. How do you explain that?!' she screamed, and the driver took it as his cue to stop the car and leave them alone. There were some things he didn't need to be hearing.

He found a quiet spot, and parked the car there before going out.

"He was intoxicated at the time, he didn't mean it. What happened that night was what turned Christian into this. He loves you, and he would do anything for you, and that was why i pushed the wedding between you too. He may not be perfect, but he was perfect for you, but i had no idea he had kidnapped a young man, i am afraid that his love has become so dangerous for you." he sighed worriedly.

"You had no idea? So what makes you think you have an idea that he wouldn't kill Logan? You made a very foolish decision going up that stage, and saying that to the world. Not when you hadn't saved Logan yet, not when you were sure he was out of harms way--"

"I do not care about Logan! I care about you, my daughter. So stop talking about him to me. I did what was best for my daughter, not for a Logan i know nothing about."

Emily's mouth hung open in shock. Her breathing had become hushed, and she stared silently at her father, who was loving, but horrible at the same time.

"You are no different from Christian." With that said, she unlocked the car, and walked away. Not to anywhere in particular, but she didn't care.

Not when Logan could have been dead by now.

~^~^~

Her phone rang for the umpteenth time. It was Drew. She was probably worried, but Emily was in no mood to talk.

Chad had also called her, and she had ignored his calls too.

She just walked.

Her phone made a loud beeping sound, and her breath almost escaped when she found out that it was a text from Christian.

With shaking fingers, she unlocked the phone and tapped on the message.

~Christian.

"Do you want to know the truth about your mother? It doesn't matter even if you don't want to know, I'll still let you know.

To go straight to the point, your mother was a hoe! A bitch. She fucked everyone, your dad found out about her unfaithfulness, and you want to know what he did? He threatened to take you away from her and expose her to the public, and he actually did, for a while. One day she came over, drunk, deranged, got into an argument with your dad, and not just any ordinary argument, because the outcome was her dead body being thrown off from a cliff.

As an influential man, it was covered up and ruled as suicide. Your mum wasn't rich, so no one even bothered much about her. So all those cock and bull story about loving her, like he told you, they were all fake.

Your dad is not just like me, but worse, and you my dear, you grew up to be a slutty bitch like your mother. A wonderful family. Anyway, you should head home now, i left a surprise there for you. I love you."

Christian had to be wrong. He was crazy after all, he must have quickly formed this crazy story to feed her.

That was what Emily told herself as she  found herself on her way home.

Lies. They all lied to her, she didn't even know who was saying the truth anymore.

She calmed herself down by continuously repeating in her head that it was a lie. She boarded a cab and got home.

For a minute, she forgot about the text that Christian had sent her, and her mind wandered on the possibilities of what the surprise he was talking of, was.

But as she stepped inside, she got her answer.  

The blood trail went a long way, she followed it, quietly, with trembling feet and an hardened heart to prepare herself for whatever she would see.

The trail stopped just  at the entrance of her room, and as she opened the door slowly, she felt her legs finally give in, and drop onto the floor.

He was on her bed, all bloody, and soaking the white duvet with the red. He had swells on almost every part of his body, his head oozed out little drops of blood. He was naked.

And a loud banshee - like scream erupted from her mouth.

~^~^~

"Logan please stay with me!" Emily screamed as they wheeled him into the hospital. A white cloth had been draped over his nakedness.

It all still felt like a dream to her.

Staring down at this man she had grown to love, while the doctors and nurses ran beside him with speed.

Where was the life in him?

Where was that smile? That grin he always put on display? 

Where was her hookah guy?

And as the door to the operation room finally shut close, leaving her outside, she fell to the floor once again and cried.

How did she grow so weak?

~^~^~

After hours of his surgical operation, Emily was finally allowed to see him.

He had lost a lot of blood.

She recalled the doctor's words earlier. Now, as she watched him sleep silently, with only the beeping noise of the machine that kept him going, she could not stop the small tear that escaped from her eyes again.

This was all her fault. She had caused this for Logan.

First, he lost his workshop, his only means of livelihood, and now, he might loose his life too.

She had called Drew earlier to tell her that she was in the hospital with Logan, and the said girl was already on the road there, despite the fact that it was almost three in the morning.

"You have to fight this Logan." she murmured, and trapped his fingers in her hands.

"If not for me, and our child, but for yourself. You are still so young, still so full of life, you have a lot to accomplish. You have to let me love you Logan. Please." she cried. Her sobs were beginning to take over again. 

"You have to be here for our child, you have to let us love you. You know? It's funny how i'm just realizing i want you in my life. I should have known sooner that you're the one for me, i should never have pushed you away in the first place, but i promise you, survive this? and i will give you all of my love and more. Come back to me Logan. Please. Marry me."

"I thought you'd never ask."

She shot up in shock as she watched Logan's eyes flutter open ever so slowly.

Those brown eyes, she could finally see them again, and she laughed, and then cried.

"Oh come here princess. I was the one proposed to, i should be the one doing all the crying and laughing." he grinned lightly, but winced.

"Shut up. No. Don't shut up. Talk to me. Forever." she sniffed in her tears and placed a light kiss onto his cheeks.

She noticed the playful wink in his eyes, but she could still tell he was in a lot of pain.

"Do you need me to call the doctor?" she asked worriedly. He shook his head calmly and drew her in.

"No. Just stay with me."

His voice was suddenly so down, and cracked.

"Stay with me till i fall asleep again." he murmured, and closed his eyes against her chest.

"You haven't answered my question yet." she kissed his head, and he smiled softly.

"Of course I'll marry you. Who wouldn't want to marry Emily Gaines?" they both chuckled.

"We'll get married, and have our baby. And when you go to the company, I'll watch over our little one. I'll take our baby to work with me, in my new workshop--"

"Are you crazy? What if the baby gets hurt?" Emily frowned.

"Fine. Okay. We'll hire a nanny. And I- I'll spoil my two favourite --"

"Girl. We're having a girl Logan." she smiled.

A scowl occupied her face the minute she felt the wetness of Logan's eyes seep in through her dress.

"-my two favourite ladies. I love the both of you. So much, and don't ever forget that." he sobbed into her stomach and kissed  it softly.

"We love you too Logan." Emily murmured with tear filled eyes.

"Stay with me tonight?" he looked up at her with tired droopy eyes a few minutes later. She nodded, and he moved a bit to the left, making space for her to lie with him in the large bed.

As the moon went down, the rising sun slowly spread it's orange warmth onto the sky. The two lovers held on to each other, both of them scared of closing their eyes to sleep. Of being the first to give into the disturbing sleep.

Two hours later, he lost, and gave into the peacefulness of the dark.

~^~^~

The End.

🌹🌹🌹

Word count - 3058.

Song for the chapter - Say something - A great big world.

🌹🌹🌹

P.S, there will be an epilogue, but this is the end for lmitd.

Vote, comment if you loved this chapter. Thanks for reading. Love you all. 🌹🌹❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.4K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
96.3K 2.1K 30
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...
4.4M 8.3K 19
PUBLISHED. CHECK THE WHOLE BOOK on AMAZON - http://amzn.to/2jwaCGB Featured by @KatyDreams for BEST ROMANCE BOOKS 3. THE WRITER AWARDS 2016 - Best S...
318K 7.8K 37
[NSFW] SLOW-BURN SMUT. BOOK ONE IN ONLY ANGEL TRILOGY. Beau is a twenty-four year old who moves to New York City to pursue her dreams of journalism...