One Day Closer

By KeepOnSmiling

Ryan and Jessie Davis are a young married couple with two kids. Ryan has always wanted to be a soldier for th... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

eleven

4.5K 100 4
By KeepOnSmiling

My fingers started to shake as we saw the Fort Benning sign. "Why am I so nervous?" I chuckled and looked over at Katie. "You haven't seen your husband in a few months. If my boyfriend went to basic training, I would miss him too." She nodded. I blushed and nodded. We followed the signs before parking the car. "Let's do this." I smiled before getting out.

We stood among the other families to watch the parade. I held McKinley close to me as I fed her. "Where's daddy?" Cooper asked Katie as she held him. "He's coming, we're going to see him walking down here." She pointed to the street in front of us. We heard a band lead the way as the different squadrons began marching.

"Go Ryan!" His dad cheered. I smiled to myself when I saw Ryan marching. "There He is." I pointed to him for Cooper. He grinned and watched Ryan march. "Daddy!" Cooper smiled and pointed to him. "I know bud, he's doing so good," I smiled at him. Cooper nodded excitedly and continued to watch his dad proudly.

After the parade and a tour of where Ryan was living, we went to a large gym for the graduation. Cooper was sitting between Jacob and Melissa while I quickly changed McKinley's diaper. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and put her back in her stroller. Cooper walked over to me and climbed onto my lap while we watched the graduation ceremony.

I pushed the stroller, with McKinley and Cooper both napping, outside to see Ryan. I followed behind his parents and Katie; my heart was beating rapidly while the other families and friends greeted their new soldier.

"Ryan!" Melissa said and hugged her son tightly. It was like the world was moving in slow motion when Ryan and I met eyes. I smiled widely and ran into his arms. He picked me up and hugged me tightly, I did the same to him."I missed you so much baby." He said into my neck. "I missed you too Ry." I cried into his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 211 22
What do you do when you fall in love at a young age? For Maci Baxter she wrote about it in a journal and when she got her heart broken she hid it aw...
4.8K 346 23
Ryan McCartan was the youngest person to be given the rank of lieutenant in the US navy aged 22 years old, he'd joined the navy aged 18 and after rec...
376K 8.8K 26
"You left me alone, with no idea what to do!" "I'm sorry, okay! But you could have been supportive!" "Oh, I'm sorry that you decided to tell me the d...
65.2K 1.7K 22
Jake Paul is a Navy Seal and when he is home for the holidays he finds out Alissa his wife is pregnant but what happens, if Alissa, wants an abortion...