One Day Closer

By KeepOnSmiling

Ryan and Jessie Davis are a young married couple with two kids. Ryan has always wanted to be a soldier for th... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

ten

4.5K 87 2
By KeepOnSmiling

•Two Weeks Later•

It was almost the day; the day where we were all going to be reunited. Cooper and McKinley were playing on the floor while I brought a suitcase to my car. "Where are we going Mama?" Cooper asked when I came back inside. "We're going on a fun trip with Auntie Katie, nana, and papa," I said to him. He nodded and continued to play. I heard a knock on the door and I opened it to see Ryan's parents and Katie.

Once we got everything loaded up, Ryan's parents went ahead of us. "Are you excited to see Ry?" Katie asked as I put a movie into the DVD player for Cooper. "Yes, I've missed him so much. I can't believe he's finished with training." I smiled before driving off.

Once we got to our hotel, I got the keys and went into the room the kids, Katie, and I were going to share. Katie helped me put together McKinley's pack n play for her nap. I closed the door to the conjoining living room while Cooper played on the floor. Katie helped me unpack a few things before we relaxed.
•••

Today's the day; Ryan is graduating from basic training and I'm so excited to be in his arms again. I had on a navy blue sundress and light brown wedges. "Your dress is so pretty." Lauren smiled while Katie curled my hair. "Thanks." I smiled. Cooper came out from Ryan's parents' conjoined room with a navy blue button down shirt, khaki shorts, brown shoes, and a navy blue and white bow tie.

"Ta-da!" He smiled. "Oh my gosh, Cooper you look so handsome." I smiled and picked him up. He giggled and tried to push me away as I kissed him all over his face. Katie finished curling my hair and I went to get McKinley dressed; she was wearing a navy blue dress and brown sandals. "Well lets go get a good spot." Lauren said before we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 211 22
What do you do when you fall in love at a young age? For Maci Baxter she wrote about it in a journal and when she got her heart broken she hid it aw...
4.2K 185 30
Jenna and Ryan finally have the life they've always wanted. A little girl, and a son on the way. Can they handle Ryan's tour schedule along with 2 ki...
Glimpses Of War By SilverWolf

Historical Fiction

28 0 11
A Tribute to the unsaid sacrifices soldiers make for us everyday. Glimpses of their lives and the effect it has on their family and loved ones.
1.4K 56 28
Book 2 of the continuing story of the marriage of James Buchanan (Bucky) Barnes and Gail Richards Barnes as told by Gail. After a tumultuous five mo...