Love Me In The Dark. [COMPLET...

By Ruonaa

An extremely dark sinful tale... -*- It was lust at first sight. Fuck buddies at the second.. But something... More

Epigraph.
Prologue.
Playlist
CAST / AESTHETICS.
Reunion
Hookah
Sometimes, she just needs it a little rough.
Payback?
Talking to a man with an accent sexier than yours, could get you wet.
Watching porn is a humane thing to do.
There's a first time for everything - Including stripping.
One night stand, or more?
When you've got no one to fuck you, you could always pleasure yourself.
Wet dreams, wild fucks, and an horny bride. Wrong combination.
Book Trailer 💿🎬
The deadliest drug.
Nobody's perfect.. not even a Prince Charming.
Emily Gaines is a fucking strong woman.
Feelings.
Trust.
Who is Logan?
🌑Love me in the dark.🌑☄
Piled up lies.
Déjà Vu
" Be my girlfriend?"
Givin' You Lovin'
We all keep secrets. 🌒
The flame of the sun is full of wrath and it burned us
Darker sides.
Question! "?"
Gone?
Shitty shit.
A father's love.
His knight in shining armour.
The darkness turned against us.
The story so far.
Epilogue.
STANDALONE SERIES.
BOOK TWO.
BOOK THREE

"Do you, Emily Katherine Gaines, take this man to be your lawfully wedded

5.2K 209 222
By Ruonaa

••|| "Do you, Emily Katherine Gaines, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? "||••

•••••••

Extremely long chapter! Very long!

••••••

" Oh my God! Emily!"

The look of utter relief on Christian's face was too clear, not to notice. Immediately Emily stepped into the house, his arms enveloped her in a tight hug. His right hand moved to her head, and softly caressed her hair.

"I have been worried about you my love. I talked to your dad, and he told me not to worry much, but still I couldn't help myself." He mumbled into her hair, taking in her lovely fragrance.

The only thing that ran through Emily's head at that moment, was that she was back. Back here. 

This was her house. It was her safe haven, but it wasn't really feeling like that right now. Those arms that were fastened against her body, she used to know them once, she used to feel comfortable in them.

The harsh Cologne coming from his clothes was in no way similar to the smell of gasoline that he had. Logan didn't smell like expensive perfume, but oddly, she found his scent more appealing. More sexy.

Christian's long sleeved shirt was rolled up to his arms, so Emily could see his clear white skin. Not a single black mark stain on it. But Logan.. Logan's hands were filled with them. She found them fascinating, interesting. Another odd thing.

At first, she had tagged them as a bunch on inked rubbish, but now, she even bore the thought of getting one, especially after Logan had explained to her, what all his tattoos signified.

The green orange, and white Irish flag on his left arm represented freedom and independence. It also gave him a great sense of pride, demonstrating being an Irish man. A lot of ladies loved that tattoo, according to the man.

The Celtic sun tattoo on his chest represented healing, fertility, and life. Although, he told her the the drawing of the sun had enchanted him at first, it was the significance that made him get it inked on his body.

Being sixteen and living with his over abusive aunt and her husband in a tiny one room apartment, all he had ever wanted was life, and healing. The tattoo seemed perfect for him.

On his right arm, he had the drawing of the moon dragon tattoo. In the Chinese culture, the dragon signified good fortune and strength. When combined with a full moon, it could symbolize the supernatural power of the moon. Both put together could indicate a growing sense of power.

One by one, he had explained them all to her. Not one of the numerous tattoos he had, did not have a meaningful representation.

Today made it just three weeks until the wedding. A wedding that she had never felt okay with from the start, and now, she was feeling more unsure about it.

Christian finally released her from his hold, and took a step backward.

"Have you had breakfast? Should I make you something?" He questioned. Emily stared deeply at him. Straight right into his eyes, like she could read his soul. A tiny frown appeared on her face and she asked.

"Who is Logan?"

"Huh?" Christian asked, with a look of obvious confusion. They stood at the door way that lead to Emily's perfected living room.

"Who is Logan? You called me yesterday and asked that." She replied.

"Oh.. that?" A look of recognition finally flushed through his face.

"It's nothing to be worried about. Really. I just overhead my dad and your dad talking about our wedding. Then I heard them mention the name " Logan " I couldn't hear much because I was in a hurry, but that didn't stop me from wondering who he was and how he was related to our wedding."

Emily's heart took a large leap, and she shook silently inside. Her father couldn't have possibly told anyone about Logan, right?

"Why are you here?" She asked, changing the question. Logan was the last person she wanted to talk about with Christian.

"I was waiting for you."

"Yesterday.. did that crash come from my house?" Her frown deepened. Annoyance began to grow deep in her.

"No. Absolutely not my love. I was at my office, and I am terribly sorry about that. I was drinking and wasn't thinking straight. That will never happen again. I swear." he replied apologetically. Emily could see the sincerity in his eyes. Christian didn't lie about stuff unnecessarily, at least, she was still sure about that part of him.

"I'll be upstairs. I need to take a shower and go to the office." She said, finally making a move to walk past him. His voice stopped her in her tracks.

"And Em?"

She turned to stare at him with a questioning gaze.

"Beth called." He watched silently, to hear her next words and see if she would erupt. Was she still going to go through with the wedding? He wondered.

"Tell her I'll see her at her office later." With those words said, she turned back around and climbed up the stairs. A soft smile of relief spread out on Christian's face. She was still going to give him that chance.. She was still going to make him the happiest man alive, and God help him, in return, he would make her the happiest woman in the world. He would never hurt her.

The both of them were going to pretend that the last three days didn't happen. That Emily did not hear his confession to her, about killing a woman.

But could Emily really do that?

The door closed behind her with a bang as she stepped into her room. The drapes hung low, and darkness swallowed the room. She pressed her fingers to the tiny button on the wall, and instantly, bright lights flooded the room.

She sat on her bed, and searched for her phone inside her bag. Once she had it in her hands, she clicked on Logan's name on her contact list and typed onto the keyboard.

"I can't see you for a few days. Let's keep this low."

She hesitated for a few seconds, and then hit the send button.

•••••••

The last time Logan heard anything from Emily was a week ago, when she had sent him that text, telling him she couldn't see him for a while.

He understood her, and respected her decision. He knew she definitely did have her reasons, but he was beginning to get bothered.

No calls, no texts.. nothing from her. It made him feel worried and uncomfortable.

Just last night, he had dialed her number. It rang a few times, but she didn't pick up. And just this morning, when he had tried calling again, it led him straight to voice mail.

Suddenly, the disadvantage of not having a TV hit him hard. How could he know what was happening in the world? How could he watch the news, which by now, were probably filled with different interviews, and talks about her wedding.

He instantly went on to google, and searched on her.

'Emily Gaines.'

Tons of articles came up about her, but topping it all, were mostly about hers' and Christian's wedding, which was taking place in two weeks.

Before he could scroll any further, something caught his eyes. It was Emily. Wearing a black suit trouser, and a black and white dotted turtleneck long sleeved top. Her short blonde, wavy hair rested above her shoulders. She held a firm smile in her lips which donned a dark shade of red. From her hair, he could tell that the picture wasn't that recent. She wasn't rocking the short waves anymore. Or was she?

Ugh! How was he to know? He had not seen her recently, and for some odd reason, his brain seemed to like taunting him with images of her. There was a YouTube video next to the picture, and he clicked on it. Apparently, the video was made two days ago, and when it loaded, Logan could see that she was definitely still not keeping up with the short hair. It was still long, like the last time he had seen her.

The man standing next to her with a large grin plastered on his face made Logan frown.

Was this her husband - to be?

Dressed in a dark blue designer suit, he stood beside Emily. Hand in hand with her. Reporters stuck out their microphones from all direction at them. It came as a shock for the couple who had just emerged out from a hotel, when flashes of cameras took in their faces.

One very persistent woman was throwing questions that Logan didn't even think were reasonable, at Emily.

"Miss Gaines, are you pregnant yet?"

"Miss Gaines, what were you guys doing at the hotel?"

"Did you really come here only for business purposes, or a different purpose?"

"How do you feel about the wedding?"

Aha! A reasonable question at least.

Logan could not deny the stab of jealousy that went through his body as he watched the close intimacy Christian was having with Emily.

For fucks sake, they were just holding hands. Not kissing, or having sex, but still..

A chuckle escaped from Logan's mouth as Emily threw a dark gaze at the particular reporter who asked all the stupid questions. She had her black hair tied into a loose bun, glasses hanging from the top of her nose, a large brown coat over her small petite frame, while her hands stuck out a mic at Emily.

Logan knew what that look meant. She had given it to him once. At the bar. The first time they met.

He laughed out loud, knowing that if Emily could, she would punch the fuck out of that poor girl, right in the face.

She looked fine after all, he had seen her now.. but why did he still feel incomplete?

•••••••
"Hello?"

He did not expect her to pick up.

He definitely did not.

Three days later, and he was at his workshop when he decided to ring her number again, and to his surprise, she had picked up.

"Hey. What's up princess?" He had no idea why he was sounding nervous.

"I am very well, and you?"

There was something odd about her voice. He knew that she always liked to sound business like on the phone, but she wasn't even talking to him like she would, if it was a real business call. She sounded way too distant.

"I.. I'm good. How are you?"

Logan wanted to smack himself in the head. Why was he making this more awkward?

"It's over."

"Excuse me?" he scowled deeply in confusion.

"We can't do this anymore. Goodbye."

"W-wai-- hold up! Wait a minute.." Logan stuttered, silently praying that she wouldn't end the call. He sighed in relief when he realized that the call was still on.

"I don't get you. What do you mean? I thought we agreed to do this in secret? Why the change of mind now?" He was beyond confused. What had happened to her? Did anyone find out about them?

"What's not to understand. I mean it's over between us. We can't keep on doing this."  If there's anything Emily Gaines knew how to do perfectly well, it was knowing how to sound very 'convincing'

"I told you that I liked you."

If this was about her feeling insecure, then he was willing to open up, and tell her how he really felt. That he didn't just see her as a fuck buddy. She was more to him.

"I remember that clearly, but what I don't remember, is me telling you the same thing."

"You told me to fucking love you Emily."

"That was just a spur of the moment. It really flowed well with what was happening, so I would like it if you don't take that too deep into your head. Goodbye Mr Ciàran."

He was dumbfounded.

He didn't know what to do. He had never found himself in a position like that.

He told her that no girl had ever broken his heart, but then, she became the first woman to do it.

•••••••••

"Is everything alright baby?" Christian walked into Emily's study room, with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah. I'm fine. It was just Chad. Mixed up the documents I gave him, but it's fine now." She mumbled, rubbing her fingers against her head tiredly.

She hoped that Logan wouldn't be too much of a problem. Why was it so hard for him to understand that she couldn't keep up with it anymore? During the time that she spent away from Logan, she thought deeply on her actions and the repercussions she could face.

Her career was at stake. Everything she had worked for. One single push, and everything comes crumbling down.

She had hidden a big secret from Drew. How would Drew react when she found out that she lied to her? Drew had never, ever told her a lie. It would break her heart.

She couldn't loose Drew. She couldn't loose her empire.

••••••••••

Drew and Emily were having a girl's day out at the spa. With two French male masseurs positioned at their sides, squirting a blend of jasmine and whipped argan oil, on their backs and massaging thoroughly, the girls could finally take deep satisfied breaths.

The lower halves of their bodies were covered by a white towel, which was only ever repositioned so the masseurs could work on other specific areas.

Drew commented about her she felt she was going to die if they hadn't dropped by the spa, and they both laughed.

After a few seconds of silence, Drew spoke.

"Em?"

Emily hummed a response, with her eyes closed, as the masseur kneaded her back.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

Her eyes remained closed as she replied Drew.

"Yeah. Sure. Why?"

"You do know you have only a few days before this wedding happens? You're my best friend. I want the best for you, and this wedding? It's definitely not it."

"Why do you think so?" Emily finally opened her eyes, to come in contact with Drew's black orbs.

"Look at you girl! You look sick. Are you okay? I have been meaning to ask you this, but I didn't really feel the need to. You don't look very good baby. C'mmon what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything right? The other day, you called me, sounding all worried, you didn't even give me enough details, just told me you were going out of town. You didn't pick my calls. You've seriously been acting very strange lately." Drew pouted, concern showed deeply in her face.

"I'm fine Drew. Seriously. I have just been so stressed out lately. With the wedding and work." She smiled reassuringly at her friend.

It was better off with Drew knowing nothing. She didn't want to put her in trouble.

••••••••

"I should feel happy that my best friend is getting married, but I am not."

Drew mumbled as she barged into Emily's dressing room. A team of makeup artists surrounded her, bringing to life, the perfect look every dream bride would have loved to have.

Emily was seated in front of a large double sized mirror. Donning a white robe and fluffy slippers, her blonde hair was being curled by one of the member of the team Beth had hired.

This was it.

She was getting married today.

Not one word from Logan. Seemed like he never really did care after all. It was better that way.

She grinned as she saw the funny pout on Drew's lips.

"And why is that?" She playfully asked.

"Because she isn't happy about it too!"

"Of course I am!" Emily exclaimed, throwing up her hands in the hair. An action that made everyone stop their work on her for a brief moment, to give her space.

"Don't fucking try to fool me." Drew scoffed.

"Anyway, I just came up from the hall, and I must say, your wedding planner is really the best. You need to see the place. It's perfectly perfect!" Drew squealed like an eight year old child.

Emily smiled lightly at her, and Drew's face was overcome by worry.

"Are you sure you're okay Em? You don't look too good."

That was completely true. She wasn't feeling good. Ever since she had returned back, everyone around her seemed to get her annoyed. She was tired of all of them. She just wanted to be alone. She liked when she was around Logan. The peace and quiet he brought her. Too bad she couldn't keep him.

"I'm fine. Just a little bit queasy, but I'll be okay. Let's get this wedding over with!" She grinned.

"Awwww okay! I'm going to put on my dress now. As your chief bridesmaid, I've got to look perfect." Drew said, and the two women burst out in laughter.

"Is Jameson coming?" Emily asked with a smirk.

"You bet he is." Drew winked, and just then, a knock sounded on the door.

It clicked open, and Jordan's head popped inside.

"OhmyGod Jordan!" Emily exclaimed, as the teenager ran to her and hugged tightly.

A young good looking guy with honey brown eyes stepped inside too, and Emily's eyebrow quirked upward in amusement.

"Is this him?" She whispered into Jordan's ears, and the blonde girl nodded with laughter in her eyes.

"Aunt Mily, meet Kendrick, my boyfriend. Kendrick, meet the world's best aunty, aunt Emily, but I call her 'aunt Mily'" she grinned.

Kendrick was indeed a very good looking young man.

"Congratulations ma'am. Jordan has told me a lot about you." He stuck his hand our for a handshake.

"Call me Emily." She smiled, and shook her hand with his, but something at the back of her mind kept telling her there was something odd about this guy. She just did not like the feeling she was getting. Beneath all the cool look in those brown eyes, he looked strange.

Maybe she was just being paranoid.

He was Jordan's boyfriend. She wouldn't be happy to know she was thinking such negative thoughts about her boyfriend.

So, she smiled, and silently wished for the day to be over soon.

••••••••

Drew had not lied when she said Beth was good. The hall looked perfect, the tables were set beautifully, with white satin cloths draped around each and everyone of them, designed with a golden bow. Colourful lights filled the hall, huge silver and golden chandeliers hung from the ceilings.

The hall was filled with people from all walks of life, including high end business men and women, politicians, commissioners, the reporters were always present of course.

The quite noisy hall had grown quiet, like a graveyard when Emily had stepped inside. Accompanied by Drew and Jordan behind her, and her father, beside her.

Flashes of cameras went on and off, little by little, the chatters began to come up again. All eyes were on her. The bride.

She was dressed in a strapless, pure white, Capri chiffon bridal gown. The  figure flattering fabric accentuated her thin waist, hugged her hips, and the airy skirt flared out into a court train. A low V cut at the top, left a minimal detail of her cleavage open.

Atop her mass of golden curled hair, laid a golden tiara. Gifted to her by Christian, as the queen that she was.

As she walked closer to the stage where Christian stood in awe, by the priest, she felt a sudden rush of nausea wash through her.

Was she really getting married to this man?

Christian had gladly recited his vows, with a huge heart warming smile, he had promised to love and cherish her, to protect her, even at the cost of his own life. The whole crowd had 'awww'd' and clapped at his speech. But when it was time for Emily to recite hers, the queasy feeling returned.

"Miss Emily Katherine Gaines, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest, an aged man, with wisps of silver hair slowly covering his black hair, said.

All eyes were on her. Waiting. Watching.

She felt the same queasiness again.

And then, the world went black.

•••••••••

Her eyes blinked open, and suddenly shut itself close, once it came in contact with the white blinding lights.

Where was she?

She felt a figure beside her, and she managed to pry her eyes open again, but still mildly closed. Christian was beside her, still dressed in his tux, but his jacket had long been discarded of.

His face carried a very worried and tensed look, as he texted furiously on his phone.

To her left, she felt another figure.

She moved her head softly to that direction, and saw Drew, still in her dark red bridesmaid gown, dozing off beside her.

It didn't take Emily less than a second to figure our that she was in a hospital.

"What's going on?" She whispered.

Immediately, Christian's eyes flew up to her, and he laughed joyously, Drew drifted back into reality from the noise, and on seeing Emily, finally up, she breathed in a sign of relief.

"Thank God you are fine!" Christian exclaimed, taking her hands in his, and pressing a kiss onto her knuckles.

"Drew, what happened? The wedding?" She stuttered, feeling confused, a jolt of throbbing pain shot through her head, and she winced softly.

"Fuck the wedding." Drew smiled sweetly at her, and Christian threw a frown at her, for her choice of words.

"Emily?" Christian said calmly.

She looked at him, feeling more confused than ever. She knew she had caught the flu.

"You are pregnant."

•••••••••••
Word count - 3623

Song for chapter : Alec Benjamin - Let me down slowly.

I think we all know who the father is. Lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 8.8K 68
LUKA KELP NYC's most famous male model. Ideal boyfriend. Too sweet to be true. Morally Civil. ~•~ CHASE RUEL Multibillionaire. Arrogant CEO. Alcohol...
395K 10.6K 11
The moment I saw her, I was stunned. She was gorgeous. She had me thinking things I never would. We talked. We laughed. And by the end of the night...
16.6K 258 41
*Currently updating daily or every other day* 𝟏𝟖+ THE HIGH WAS GONE AS SOON AS IT CAME Venus Meyers is a regular college student. Living with her b...
235K 4.2K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...