Perfectionist [MHA Reader x V...

By infamosus

You're a perfectionist. You're talented in many things and you pick up skills easily. You belong in a rich an... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Kirishima One Shot (Filler)
Bakugo Birthday Special (Filler)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10- Part I
Bakugo Special
Chapter 10- Part II
Chapter 10- Part III
Chapter 10- Part IV
Body Swap (Filler)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Beauty and the Bakugo (Filler)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 1

27.3K 657 1.3K
By infamosus

(A/N: This is a slow burn, also, this story was originally from Quotev and I decided to share it here too ^^)

Chapter 1

(E/C) orbs glanced out the tinted windows, scanning the apartment building towering above the vehicle. You're eyes darting between the glass panels, waiting for any sort of movement that resembled that of your quirk-less friend. The sun rested just behind the buildings, the light nearly blinding your eyes as you squinted, seeing tufts of green bobbing their way towards your car excitedly. As Midoriya came closer, you opened the car door and he took a seat beside you.

"Good morning (Y/N)! Thank you again Mr.(L/N)." He fidgeted as he buckled his seat belt, you can tell he was silently fan-boying at the presence of your Dad.

"No problem Midoriya." Your Father spoke tersely, backing out of the curb. You took a glance at the green haired boy beside you, mind racing. It still confused you how someone like him was able to get accepted into U.A. Scanning your eyes over his arms through the uniform, his muscles bulged slightly, but it was still a little pitiful. You could tell he started working out during the past 10 months but what confused you was why? Sure, he was quirk-less and he needed to train both his body and his mind twice as hard as everyone else with a quirk, you weren't a stranger to this situation; but why didn't he train with you whenever you asked him to? What made him train now of all times compared to all the times you pestered him to come to the gym?

"Izuku-kun." At the sound of your voice, his head snapped to your direction, giving you all ears. "What was your score?" At this he sheepishly scratched the nape of his neck.

"Eheh, I got 60 rescue points...And 0 villain points. I placed 8th."

8th?!

You gaped at him in shock, he placed way higher than you expected. A small sense of pride bloomed inside you. Finally, he's showing results, late results but...It's something?

"That's pretty good, nice job. Even if it's just rescue points. You must've been pretty heroic." You patted his shoulder in an attempt to congratulate him, but it only made him oddly nervous. His smile wavered, eyes darting to the clasped hands atop his lap.

"Yeah, thank you." A huge bag of 'G U I L T' seemingly dropped itself from a 100ft building and landed right on Izuku's head. He hasn't told you about the meeting with All Might or his new found quirk yet. He knew how you would react, being quirk-less like him. He can only imagine how envious you would become, especially if it was someone like him being chosen instead of someone like you; which he admitted silently to himself, that you deserved it more than he does. You worked hard the moment you found out you two had a similar fate: fucked up toe joints. You trained everyday with your Father, who was a pro-hero. He can only imagine the stress of having to be a quirk-less child to a family filled with quirks that held so much influence.

The car ride was silent, both teens swimming in their own thoughts. Your father, pro-hero Bone King or King for short, drove with his thoughts clouded as well. How would you do in a hero school? Has he trained you well enough? What if you're a late developer like him too? King could only think of the worst which irked him; no, he should have more faith in you. If anything your 'quirk' should be martial arts or high-pain tolerance, something like that, but the image didn't stick with him.

Soon enough you all arrived to U.A. You and Izuku bid your farewells to your Father and spoke your Thank You's, before exiting the car, making your way through the halls of your new high school. You and Izuku stood close together like glue, both feeling a sense of intimidation and apprehension whilst walking down the rather large halls. You came across a corridor, classes lined to your left and large windows that spanned from the floor to the ceiling on your right. The morning sun shone brightly over top the city buildings, rays making their way through the windows before ending on your cheeks, giving you a heavenly glow.

"I think it's down this way."

"R-Right." Izuku stuttered. You lead the way confidently, like you knew the school like your own house; your tight and anxious grasp on your bag straps however said otherwise. Izuku lagged behind, feeling his throat dry as he stared at your shoulder blades, feeling weak and small compared to you. Izuku admired you greatly, and as seconds passed by he only grew more anxious if you found out about his quirk. He should've told you this months ago, the moment he had it even, but he swore to utter no word about All Might and his quirk. Even his Mom knew nothing of it, except the fact that his quirk was some sort of speed and strength enhancement. He never dared mentioned the name, yet he wanted to tell you so bad. He never liked lying to you, especially when it comes to something like quirks, a touchy subject.

You soon found yourselves looking straight at a door, probably around 10ft tall with '1-A' printed in big bold letters. Before Izuku could even prepare himself or question anything, you slid the door open. The class for the most part was empty, save for the 10 or so people scattered about minding their own business- except two.

"Stop putting your feet on the desk! You're being disrespectful." A boy with slick blue hair and glasses, chopped the air furiously with passion. Bakugo sat on the said desk, legs propped up and sneering towards the bespectacled boy.

"Heh? What Junior high were you from to have such a long stick up your ass?" Bakugo jeered. The boy looked a bit offended but quickly brushed it off, adjusting his glasses slightly.

"Somei High-!"

"Hah!" Bakugo snorted, cutting off his peer. "That rich, prissy school? Man, that gives me a better reason to beat your ass to the ground!" You snorted as Bakugo started to flare up, explosions emitted threateningly from his palms. The bespectacled boy seemed to notice both you and Izuku and immediately rushed over, ignoring Bakugo's death threats and explosions with ease.

"Hello! I am Iida Tenya! It's a pleasure to be in the same class!" He reached out to you for a handshake, staring intently at your face.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." You shook his hand curtly before stalking off, wanting to find a seat. You could feel Izuku stare at you as you left. He knew how you felt, and he can feel your anxiousness radiate off you like body heat. The more he stared at you and the more he thought harder, it made the guilt he felt worsen. Iida waited patiently for Izuku to introduce himself, but he was clearly to busy staring off into space.

He was nearly having a heart attack, the regret was unbearable and he felt the need to go up right into your face and say 'I'm not quirk-less anymore'. And there were two ways you'd react, either proud, or angry. If he were to explain any further how he got the quirk, he knew the latter response would happen. He could feel his heart clench tighter as he watched you analyze every person in the class, trying to get a read on their quirks.

"...Excuse me?..." Izuku jolted on his spot, watching owlishly as Iida stretched his arm further. "It's rude to not introduce yourself once someone else did."

"A-ah!" Izuku immediately clasped Iida's hand with his sweaty, calloused palms. "I-Izuku Midoriya, sorry, I w-was spacing out." Once the exchange was done, Izuku politely bowed before scurrying over to you. He felt a tight knot in his stomach form as you glanced over to Izuku with a passive expression. Before Izuku can ask or say anything to you, the doors slid open and in rolled a yellow sleeping bag.

"If you're just here to make friends then you can leave..." The mustard coloured sleeping bag spoke. It unraveled itself, revealing a shabby, unkept and tired middle aged man. His long black hair draped over his shoulders which were covered with loose fitting bandages. It was either bandages or an extremely thin scarf. "It took you 8 seconds to fully quiet down, we'll have to work on that." His beady black eyes scanned the crowd before him. "Sorry to bring this up so suddenly, but..." He reached into his cocoon and brought up a pair of matching blue shirt and pants. "Wear these and meet me outside. We'll be doing a quirk apprehension test."

You growled softly under your breath, determination lit aflame in your chest.

Your home room teacher, Aizawa sensei, stood before all of you, explaining the premise of the test. You couldn't care less however, you didn't have a quirk, this was just normal P.E for you. You felt Izuku tense by your side, and you felt a sense of pity for him. Gently resting a hand on his shoulder, you smiled softly. "Izuku, you'll do fine, you've trained over the past 10 months right?" He only seemed to pale at your words, and you swear you could hear his heartbeat drop.

"Last person will get expelled." Izuku choked on his own spit at the sound of Aizawa's voice. You felt a sense of dread wash over you but confidence overrode that. You were trained by the Bone King, your own Father. Not a day passed by that you weren't training, or learning something new. You were a quirk-less child in a family that was forced by quirk marriage. You were an ultimate disappointment, and your Father knew that, so he spent every moment with you, teaching you what his sensei's taught him. And your Mother was more or less your emotional support and helped you academically rather than physically. You were determined to pass this test, and you were confident that you will.

50 Meter dash.

You stood beside a boy with flaming red hair, a grin that never seemed to leave his face. A small scar perched just above his right eyelid made it look like an eyelash.

"The names Kirishima Eijirou!" He seemed to have caught you staring, reaching a hand out towards you. "Good luck!" You nodded, brushing off his handshake and prepping for the sprint. Kirishima dejectedly placed his hand by his side, questioning if he said something wrong.

"BEGIN." Both of you bolted as the robotic voice filled the quiet and tense air. Kirishima watched in shock as he was left in the dust, you sprinted like hell was on your heels, and you crossed the finish line way before Kirishima could. "4 seconds." Kirishima finally bounded across, panting heavily. "6.89 seconds."

"Damn...That was close to being 7..." Kirishima chuckled, attempting to relieve whatever tension between you two formed. You glared softly at his direction, shaking your head.

"That means you should work harder." Kirishima looked a bit taken back as you sauntered off towards Izuku.

"Ugh...I'm so unmanly..." Kirishima slammed an angry fist against his thigh.

Grip Strength.

You ogled at Shoji's strength, 500kilos was impressive. You took your turn and gripped as hard as you could, feeling your knuckles turn white. The machine beeped once it got a measure of your strength.

"200 Kg." The machine beeped once more. Your classmates stared in awe at your raw strength, without any quirk usage too.

"What?!" Mineta shrieked, backing up ever so slightly. "What are you?! She-hulk!?" Your gaze went over to the purple haired midget, watching him grovel on the ground in fear at your stare. You only snorted in delight, dropping the small grip strength ball softly to your feet, satisfied.

The rest of the tests went by easily for the most part. The long jump, you just barely managed to jump across the sand pit, which honestly irked you to no end, you had room for improvement. Push ups, sit ups, walls sits and continuous side steps weren't much of a problem, you ranked pretty high for most of them.

Then came the ball throw. After watching the brown haired girl score infinity, you were up next. You weaved your way through your classmates, glancing at Izuku who gave you a small thumbs up. You smiled sadly at him. He was failing the tests and he knew it, though you can't say you weren't that surprised either. You trained for years to become a hero, he trained for 10 months, there's an obvious difference between the two quirk-less people in the class.

You stepped up to the ring, winding your arm before hurtling the ball across the field. A few seconds passed before Aizawa held up the phone which had your score.

179m

You scowled at how pathetically low of a number that was compared to the rest of your class mates, but you didn't let that bother you as you waltzed back towards your peers. You eyed each and everyone of them, Bakugo stood idly at the front, his turn already finished from the very beginning. You hated him yet respected him at the same time. He was an asshole, yes, but what you admired was his drive and the fact that he used his quirk to his fullest potential, not settling for anything less. With the thought in mind you glanced back at Todoroki, son of Endeavor and another fellow recommended. Beside him stood Momo, who you had no doubt, was probably placing 1st in the quirk apprentice test. Momo, you held some respect for her. Her quirk usage was great and she's ungodly smart. You could see her becoming an extremely useful pro-hero with a quirk like hers, but you could tell she relies so heavily on her quirk that she lacks a lot in the physical department. You wanted to fight her, a test of one of the most versatile and useful quirks against your hardworking body. A pure genius and prodigy against you, a hard-working perfectionist.

Your eyes then drifted back to Todoroki and you scowled once more. He had two quirks, but only used one. Oh, how much you hated that. You'd kill for a quirk, you questioned why God didn't give you Todoroki's fire quirk when all he was gonna do is not use it. You hated quirks yet at the same time you longed for one. Still here someone is, having dual-quirks yet only using half his power. You might as well could've gotten that quirk and made better use out of it. In a world full of quirks, you were that needle in a hay stack, the odd one out. You worked twice as hard just to become a hero, having to train day and night to erase the feeling of disappointment in your family once they found you were quirk-less.

You looked away from Todoroki, already having enough of him on his high privileged horse. Your eyes stared at the back of Izuku, feeling a sense of contentment when Izuku threw the ball 43 meters.

Sometimes you felt a little guilty, watching Izuku fail time and time again, you wanted nothing more than for him to be on the same physical level as you. But at the same time, it was almost like a measure of your growth, having another quirk-less person around you, you didn't feel like the odd one out anymore. You both shared the pain and you could only wish Izuku had done something about it earlier, like train with you and your Father. Only Izuku could understand your weird hatred and love of quirks, and only he could understand what it felt like to be lesser than everyone else, albeit it you were more undoubtedly skilled than he was. Only he could make you feel like you were strong, you knew comparing yourself to him was a bad thing, you practically derived off Izuku's failure so you could feel successful. But you knew deep down in your heart, you didn't want Izuku to fail, you wanted him to be in the same ring as you, instead of watching in the crowd; for two quirk-less people to fight hand in hand in this unfair world.

That's why, when you watched Izuku score 705.3, you felt betrayal. He had a quirk, and hid it from you all along. You could only stare in shock, the anger coming with the betrayal took a lot longer to register.

"Hey!" Bakugo angrily ran up to him, palm positioned and ready to blast Izuku off. "Tell me how you did that Deku or you're dead!" Aizawa restrained Bakugo using his scarf, tugging on it tautly. Izuku cowered away from him, cradling his broken finger.

"Stop making me use my quirk so much, I have dry eye dammit." Aizawa finally let go of Bakugo once he calmed down, placing eye drops in between his eyelids.

Izuku's eyes quickly darted towards you. Your head hung low, you didn't want to meet the eyes of some friend who felt the need to hide his quirk from you. Why'd he do that? Was it out of pity? If it was, you wanted nothing more than to fan Bakugo's flaming hatred towards Izuku.

"Oi!" Bakugo stomped towards you, but stood a good couple feet away just so he wouldn't piss off Aizawa again. "You knew about this too, didn't you?! What you think hiding a quirk and lying to me for years is funny huh?" Bakugo was seething, eying both you and Deku down like you both killed his parents. His eyes rested on your disheveled hair. "Do you have a quirk too? Answer me truthfully dammit!"

You slowly looked up at Bakugo, and you could see he also felt betrayed, like he'd been lied to. And you completely understood. "No." You're eyes narrowed down towards Deku, who stood shaking in his spot. "I don't." You spat angrily. "And I didn't know Deku had a quirk either." Izuku whimpered at the horrid nickname that escaped your lips. Aizawa cleared his throat, thankfully clearing all the tension.

"I'll show the scores now, Midoriya was the last one." He brought up his phone, a hologram flickered in front of you, with the tests scores ranked. You frowned at your placing, 6th wasn't horrible, but you wanted to be higher than that. A smile found its way onto your lips as you spotted Deku's name at the very bottom. "Also, no one will be expelled." You frowned. "That was just a rational ruse to get you all to do your best." Everyone whined and complained, disliking the fact that fear had to be struck into their hearts.

After Aizawa dismissed everyone back to class, Deku immediately made an attempt to talk to you. "(Y/N)-chan wait! I c-can explain!" You growled as Deku tried to place a hand on your shoulder. You slapped it away, and you didn't miss the look of hurt flashing in his green eyes.

"You know how I feel about this Deku." You seethed through your teeth.

"M-My quirk..." Izuku gulped, backing away from your towering form. His mind scrambled to get the correct words out of his mouth. Izuku quickly tried to look around, seeing if anyone was in the vicinity. "I-I-"

"Move." Bakugo shoved past Deku, glaring at you shortly before it was transferred onto Izuku. Deku cowered before the both of you, watching Bakugo's retreating form, along with yours. You didn't feel like hearing the explanation now, whatever came out of his mouth, you knew would be bullshit nonetheless. Everything pieced themselves together, the reason why he placed 8th on the entrance exam, and why he trained for 10 months. He had a quirk, he trained for months without you, he trained his quirk and decided it was best not to tell you. Either he had it since he was born but never told you, which wasn't likely, or he developed it late and decided to keep it a secret from you, out of pity. You're sure you'd be a lot more understanding if he just told you when he got it, you knew you wouldn't take it lightly but he didn't have to hide it. That's was what drove you on edge, why would he hide something like this from you? The more you thought about it, the angrier you felt, so you decided to just leave it at the back of your mind to think later at home.

Dinner was silent. The occasional metal against porcelain chimed every now and then. Your family ate on the kitchen island, the dinner table was far too big for just the 3 of you. Your Mom was eating like it was the end of the world, stuffing her mouth with the chicken curry before hastily gulping down an entire glass of water.

"Be careful, you might choke..." Father spoke softly, resting a hand on his wife's shoulder. He sat beside her whilst you sat across the both of them. You watched your Dad place a gentle hand across your Mother's bulging tummy. "We wouldn't want our little prince here to feel too overwhelmed."

"I can't help it..." Your Mom sighed, clasping the hand that laid atop her belly, running her fingers along her husband's. "He wants the food!" She chuckled lightheartedly, giving a small peck on the cheek to your Dad. You continued eat your salad, staring at your Mothers womb. Your brother was just inside, and you honestly couldn't wait until he's out and about, bothering the hell out of you.

What happens if he isn't quirk-less?

A small frown came to the thought, but you quickly brushed it off. No, you shouldn't think that, it'd be better if he had a quirk. That way, he wouldn't have to grow up with the same struggles you had nor have the same toxic and confusing thoughts. He was your future brother, and you'd be damned if he had to feel the same way you did, that he was a disappointment.

"Well..." Your Mom turned her attention to you. "How was your first day?" Your Father turned to look at you as well.

"Surprisingly good." You hummed your response. "There was a quirk apprehension test, it wasn't that hard though, I placed 6th..." You then continued to think about your other classes. "The rest of my classes were a breeze, especially English." You were bilingual, your whole family was. Your Father learned English at an early age, his entire family knew it and it included the maids and butlers in his house. Your Father traveled quite a bit back then, so learning English was practically a requirement. Your Mother learned from your Dad, and you, weirdly enough, learned from the maids around your house instead. Of course your Mom would sit with you as a kid and talk or read in English, but all the grammar learning came from one of your maids, Dorothy. She lived in America before moving to Japan, she's able to explain English a lot better than your parents did.

"That's good." Your Father replied softly. "If you have any struggles tell us...And if you need help with training, we can train in the simulation grounds again." You nodded at the proposal. Your Mother wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"I can help with your science and English, maybe math as well." She stood up from the stool, waddling her way towards the guests bed room. "I'm pooped, do good okay (Y/N)?" And with that she disappeared behind a door. Your Father sighed before looking back at you.

"Well, do you want to train now? Or maybe you have to study for something...You have free time, you can play your video games." You helped your Dad with the dishes, placing them in a sink before one of the maids came rushing over, opting to wash them.

"No, I'll train...In the simulation grounds." His eyebrows scrunched for a second.

"Alright, if you say so...It's only the first day, is there something happening tomorrow?" You shrugged your shoulders, both you and your Dad were walking outside the house now and towards a separate building in your backyard.

"No...But it's U.A, I don't want to be left behind..." You growled a little too bitterly. Your Father nodded in understanding.

"Alright, but I won't go easy on you just because you have school tomorrow."

"Never go easy on me."

"Atta girl."

[Edited: 19/05/05]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 1.1K 38
Out patrolling with his father, Shoto Todoroki sees someone towering over the ledge of a broad building. Believing the boy will jump, Shoto scrambles...
106K 3.6K 44
-Completed Fanfic- A mysterious quirk affects Midoriya and Todoroki, having their bodies switched with one another. How will it affect our heroes and...
47.3K 811 51
😈💀😈 Part I- In the lower grounds of UA, where the students are directed to not explore in, seven children along with three mentors occupy the area...
2.7K 133 12
FIRST OF ALL: Any resemblance to another BNHA fanfic is purely coincidental, all of this has been created by me, I solemnly swear with my hand on my...