His fake assistant

By tom-yumke

When a bubbly farmer Faye gets sent on a mission by her best friend, the infamous journalist Elizabeth Venice... More

Prologue
Eww? (1)
My father isn't the king (2)
The billionaire sure loves to cuddle (3)
Doing nothing (4)
The beast woke up (5)
My daily dose of drama (6)
Huge bloke, Marc (7)
20 questions (8)
Say bible (9)
Are we friends? (10)
Does it upset you? (11)
Cookies are a yeah (12)
Sweet...too sweet (13)
Famous? (14)
Taking care (15)
Extra
Safe (16)
Be kind, always (17)
Living together (18)
Movie night (19)
Befriend him (20)
Make one (21)
Christmas kiss (22)
It's real (23)
Mother-in-law (24)
Rival for life (25)
Family diner (26)
Heartbroken (27)
Until you (28)
People can't change (29)
It will all be okay (30)
Mine (31)
Broken remote (32)
I'm shook, they shook (33)
Q&A chapter
Fairy lights (34)
I love mushrooms (35)
She said YES! (36)
I'm the villain (37)
Nightmares (38)
Epilogue (39)
PART 2
Realizations (1)
Drunk Faye (2)
Caged like a doll (3)
Perfect world (4)
Breaking point (5)
Break in? Kind of (7)
Ovulation test (8)
Preg-nant (9)
straight SAVAGE (10)
Lies, lies and lies (11)
Horrible father (12)
Spooky spook (13)
Little snitch (14)
Break the cycle (15) - the end

The beast is destroyed (6)

25.5K 1.1K 693
By tom-yumke

"Maybe I don't act the way I used to because I don't feel the same about you. In fact that's a lie. I want you."

☆☆☆

7 hours 21 minutes and 46.... now 47 seconds.

I inhaled deeply. The smell of ethyl, chemical hit my nostrils, making me cringe back in my seat.

We were at the hospital. After the incident I got him help. They flew us over back to New York... to the same hospital his usual doctor was.

My palms were sweating from the angst running through my body. I couldn't breathe properly.

7 hours and still no news. I looked up checking the clock one more time 7 hours 22 minutes and 46 seconds.

If I check it one more time I might go crazy. Maybe I'm already... am I mad yet?

The people walking pass me, over and over again gave me some sort of hopelessness tangled with desperate faith.

Faith in him.

In us.

I was tired. No, exhausted. But I didn't let myself go to sleep. My whole body was battling the sleepiness.

     I have to know you are okay.

Some friendly nurse offered me water, but the only thing I could swallow was my own saliva.

I looked in front of me, staring at the same white, more beige like wall which was covered in some medical flyers.

I have been rereading the same flyer about the sizes of  women's breasts for hours.

     "Mrs. William", a voice louded in front of me.

My head snapped to the right. A man around his 40's stood in his white doctor uniform. He had those kind blue eyes which were comforting. His aura was relaxing.... for a moment until I finally got back to my senses.

    He must be Mason's doctor.

   "I'm doctor James Dolskin", he said in a plummy voice. He put his hand out which I shook after coming to my senses.

    "Faye Jacks- I... Euh, William", I flap out tremulous.

      "You must be the infamous girl I have heard of", he snickered, making him look brighter than his age.

I bit my cheek, looking back at the women's breasts flyer.

He clears his throat before going into depth of this whole situation.

     "Your husband is still unconscious. It could take days perhaps weeks before he wakes up."

My heart dropped. I turned my head back to look at him, indicating that he could go further.

      "We don't know the causes to what happened for him to lose his consciousness so abruptly."

I felt my heartbeat in my palms, making me clutch my hands into a tight fist.

      "From what I know, the cause could be from being undernourished, dehydration or exhaustion and fatigue from the lack of sleep."

My mouth opened up a bit. How could that.... ohh.

It could be.

Those past weeks I haven't seen him really eat or drink anything. He was only focused on me and my health... never bothering to check his own.

He was always on guard, afraid I will leave him. Whenever I woke up he was already awake for most of the time.

Didn't he have any sleep at all?

"It might also be from the loss of blood mr. William had", the doctor spoke further after the lack of respond from me.

"That would make sense", I breathe out, shaking my head.

"Or...", he looked reluctant to tell me.

I stared right into his blue eyes which were looking dim this time.

"Or?", I asked, scrunching my brows up.

"Or 'his beast' has been destroyed", he stated in a serious tone.

"What?", I instantly blurted in confusion. "Is that even possible?"

"I and many doctors have been trying to cure him since he was little but alas.... but then you came out of nowhere. He finally showed emotion like happiness and love... even hurt like on your euh wedding day."

I was listening carefully. What have I to do with his emotions? How could I have been the one who made him feel?

"My theory is that you hurt him so badly, causing mental scars and emotional distress. He went into a craze and eventually... a human can only endure so much before going numb. His beast snapped. He finally got out of this."

I didn't know what to say, what to feel. I only felt a burning, stinging pain in my chest.

"Looking on the other side. You have cured him. His beast is dead."

I killed it.

Just tell me the truth. I have fucking killed it. I'm a murderer.

My head fell in my hands. I wanted to hysterically scream and cry, but I only could rub my temple.

I felt the doctor's hand on my back, trying to calm me down... but my raging heart beat could not be calmed.

I could not be calmed.

"Mrs. William, I think the best thing to do is wait"

I nodded, not sure what to respo-, a thought suddenly went through my head.

"Could I please see him?", my voice was cracking. I couldn't hide the way I was feeling.

"I will write a permission paper that you could visit and stay in your husband's room at any moment", he said, tucking his hand back into his white doctor coat.

I nodded in serene, standing back on my feet which felt like jello. Blood was rushing down my body.

      Mason, I am here.

      Do you feel my presence?

My feet led me to the big white door which had a little glassed window on it. I could already see him through the window.

Deep breath in, breath out. I touched the cold metal doorknob with shaking hands. The cold shot some electric through my arms.

I was impatient, opening the door to reveal the wide white room. It was bright, but depressing on its own.

It smelled like agony.

My eyes instantly found him. It was like a pull I couldn't ignore or look pass.

My feet brought me closer to the bed until I was less than an millimetre away from him.

His eyes were close. He looked pale, deadly pale. His visage was at peace, an image I haven't seen in a long while.

He had a white bandage bounded around his head.

My hand reached out, caressing his soft cheek which was all too familiar warm.

Shots of ecstasy ran through my veins up my arm.

I'm happy you are okay.

When he wakes up it will all be alright. He loves me and I love him. We can't live without each other. I'm sorry, Mason for everything I have done.

You have forgiven me, right?

I pulled the chair closer to the bed so I could be next to him at all times.

Our love has suffered enough. It's time to repair all the damages.

I took his hand in mine, bringing it up to kiss his chafed knuckles softly.

Can you feel my love?

I looked at him. He is gorgeous but beyond that he is mine. I missed his dimples when he laughed. I want to see them smiling. I want him back.

My eyes slowly shut against my will, but his smile was the last thing on my mind.

☆☆☆

"Mrs. William. Mrs. William,...", some voice called me.

I opened my eyes slowly, tightening my grip on his hand.

He is not gone.

I looked at the nurse who was standing next to me in a sleepy haze.

"Doctor Dolskin has given me instruction to bring you clothes and a tray of food", I remarked her kind smile which I gladly appreciated.

I tried to smile back, it was only a faint sleepy smile.

"Thank you", I whispered.

"Is there something more I could help you with?", she asked.

I shook my head:"no, thank you."

"Okay, the clothes are on the couch and if there's an urgency please push the red button above the bed, but if you just need something that isn't urgent, push on the green one."

After thanking her she walked out of the door.

I sighed out, standing up to get the clothes. I walked to the attached bathroom to freshen up.

I might stay here for a very long while.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I walked back in to see Mason still laying in the same position.

     "Mason", I whispered while tracing a line on his cheekbones with my fingertip.

      "I don't know if you can hear me. I am sorry. I really am. I was dumb to think that I did a great thing, but it only resulted in us falling apart. I need you back, Mason. You were my big boy, right? You are my husband and my best friend. I love you. I love you so much"

Teardrops fell on his pale skin, making me wipe them off. I was back in tears. I couldn't handle his state. I wanted to turn back the time to perhaps never meeting.... us meeting was a mistake.

      But the best mistake in my life.

I heard someone clear their throat behind me which made me almost jump up in shock.

I turned around, standing face to face with.... Mrs. And Mr. William.

An ugly shriek almost escaped my lips. I looked back behind me, seeing the windows shut.

Shit, I can't jump out of the window. What do I do now? Mission abort. OH MY GODDDDDD! They will rip me to pieces for hurting their son.

      R.I.P Faye.

      It was a nice, short life.

My eyes were wide open. I had a look of terror written on my face.

My consciousness was slipping away, leaving me to handle this alone.

     "Miss Jackson", Carla greeted bitterly.

       "M-Mrs. William", I stuttered out, wobbling on my feet.

An awkward wave of silence followed. They were both looking at me with a blank face.

      "MOM! The skittles weren't in the shop anymore. How  am I going to survi-", Sierra comes to a halt when she sees me.

She looks shocked and surprised, but I could see a mixed emotion of betrayal.

      "Euh... I can survive. I think I'll... euh, look in... the toilet? Bye", she tried to run away, but before she could I was already calling her name.

     "Sierra", I stammered.

     "Y-yes?", she looked at me with sudden serious eyes.

      "Could you stay to watch my hus-, I mean Mason", I asked her. My eyes shifting to Mason's pale face. "Mrs and Mr William, could I please both talk to you outside."

I walked out of the door, hearing them follow me. My heart was skipping beats in my chest.

     Urgh, I can do it.

I stood straight up. I am going to tell them everything.

"I understand it if you don't trust me... but I want to let you know that I do love Mason. I can't live without him", I stopped for a moment to take a deep breath in. "I LOVE HIM."

Carla's ocean blue eyes softened. Her stern face vanished away.

     "I saw you talking to him with such softness and love. I do believe you, but I just don't get it. Why? Why did you do that to him? Why did you humiliate him like that?"

      "I... I was on a mission to find his weakness. My intention was never to break him. I thought it would be a quick mission. But it ended up in a disaster. I am so sorry. I know that what I did was inhuman, but please give me one more chance. I'll love him for the rest of my life and care for him. I'll cook for him and clean. I'll help him to be the best. I'll make him happy"

     Shit, I was crying again.

     "I will be his p-perfect wife"

Carla smiled for a moment, a genuine smile.

      "Please, don't hurt hi-"

A loud shriek came out of the room, belonging to Sierra. We all looked at each other worried.... MASON??

It all went too fast.

Mick, Carla and I ran back into the room, seeing Sierra struggle to hold Mason down.

      "Mason, it's okay. Your wife is here. Faye is here", she screamed at him trying to hold him together.

His head snapped to the other side, ignoring my presence.

      "I don't want to see her."

      *stings*

      "Go away."

      *stings*

      "GET THE FUCK AWAY."

I couldn't believe my ears nor eyes. My heart was ripped out of my chest. I stared right at him, seeing him shutting his eyes tight like he was in aching pain.

      "Y-you should go, Faye", Carla whispered.

      He didn't want me?

And so I went. I walked away.... again.

But this time there was no chasing.

      No, getting back together.

☆☆☆

"He doesn't talk to anyone. He does eat and sleep normally. He is back to normal Mason. You should leave him alone for now."

"Ohh, t-thank you, Doctor Dolskin", I whispered in a hoarse voice before hanging up.

"Babe, I can't see you like this anymore", Nathan flapped out, bringing the spoon of Ben&Jerry to my mouth.

I shook my head. Ice cream was the last thing on my mind.

I have been trying to get up to date with Mason for a week. They have told me he doesn't want to hear any mentioning of me. I couldn't visit him anymore.

This has taken a big toll.

"Faye, I don't want to hurt you, but.."

No.

"You know when the doctor said that Mason's beast is destroyed."

No.

"Maybe the beast was in love and obsessed with you..."

No, no, no.

"Mason has never loved you."

☆☆☆

Hi lovelies!!

What did you feel or think of this chapter?

Listen to me.... next chapter will make sense.... don't hate me yet...

You'll be shocked in a good way!!

*pouts* pweaseeeee

I'm going to Oxford this summer with EF (Education First) alone with no friends lol. Does anyone have any experience with EF or if you are also going to Oxford... HIT ME UP, BOOOO!!!

Question of the day: how are you doing?

I hope you are all doing fine and if you are going through something.. YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A STRONG PERSON! It will be okay!!!

I LOVE YOUUU
Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 7.8K 30
Daphne Miller moved to Boston to escape the ghosts of her past. She hid behind a mask of happiness and acted like everything was ok, but when her pas...
1.7M 42.6K 36
Frinza Edward funny,cute and caring is what she is with a perfect life that is until a billionaire gets a sick obsession with her and turns ger life...
25.8K 600 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
1.6M 46K 30
Stating that Elizabeth Paige had a huge crush on "The Nathaniel Lachlan" since high school would be an understatement but she was a shy girl and neve...