Love At First Fight (Michael...

بواسطة wonder_itself

Michael Jackson is the head of his company, and puts work first after his ex-wife destroyed his respect for l... المزيد

..1..
..2..
..3..
..4..
..5..
..6..
..7..
..8..
..9..
..10..
..11..
..12..
..13..
..14..
..15..
..16..
..17..
..18..
..19..
..21..
..22..
..23..
..24..
..25..
..26..
..27..
..28..
..29..
..30..
..31..
..32..
..33..
..34..
..35..
..36..
..37..
..38..
..39..
..40..
..41..
..42..
..43..
..44..
..45..
..46..
..47..
..48..
..49..
..50..
..51..
..52..
..53..
..54..
..55..
..56..
..57..
..58..
..59..
..60..
..61..
..62..
..63..
..64..
..65..
..66..
..67..
..68..
..69..
..Epilogue..

..20..

1K 33 11
بواسطة wonder_itself

Michael and I walk into the hospital the next morning side by side. He asked if he could hold my hand, but I rejected him since his touch affects me in so many ways, and I don't need to be wet at my Mother's bedside. 

"Are you ready?" I ask as we stand in the elevator. Michael looks at me with kind eyes and smiles,

"Actually I'm kind of nervous," he says in a joking whisper, "I'm meeting your mother, gorgeous, this is the real deal." My stomach flutters as he calls me gorgeous, and I look down at my shoes. 

"Well, this should be good. She can see if you're the right one for me," I joke, causing his eyes to widen.

"Are you serious?" he says nervously. I shake my head, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"Of course not, I was just joking." I smile as the elevator doors open. 

"Oh I see how it is," a familiar voice smirks from outside the elevator, causing me to whip my arms away from Michael, "I guess you guys made up then," Jesse wiggles his brows suggestively. 

"Jesse Caprice Montebella get a fucking life," I scoff, walking past him, out of the elevator. 

"Oh come on, I was kidding." he laughs, following close behind me, "Hey Mike, how's it going," my brother says to Michael, and I assume they're shaking hands.

"Not bad, how 'bout yourself?" Michael asks politely as I walk into the waiting room. As they converse, making small talk, my mind swims with all of the possible things that could go down when my Mother finds out that Michael wants to pay for her treatment. 

My Mother is unpredictable. 

"Hey Babe, are you ready?" Michael asks, walking up beside me. 

"Babe?" My brother grins widely, "So you guys call each other babe now?" he raises his brows, causing Michael to laugh and me to glare at him. 

"Like I said Jesse, get a life." I growl, turning back to Michael.

"He's just joking," Michael smiles, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear as all of my irritation fades away, "He's just trying to get to you. That's what brothers do." he smiles, staring into my eyes.

"Is that what you do to Janet?" I smirk, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

So much for not touching him. 

"Of course it is. Me and my other brothers bother our sisters all of the time." he says, opening up a bit.

"How many siblings do you and Janet have?" 

"Well there are nine of us all together, but we also have a half sister who is Joseph's daughter." Michael sighs, rolling his eyes.

"Do you want to go in now?" I say, changing the subject, seeing him getting irritated.

"Yeah, whenever you're ready," he smiles, reaching down to hold my hand. This time I accept it, since I was just touching him and there is no point in stopping now.

As we approach my Mother's room, I remove my hand from Michael's.

"What are you doing?" he frowns. 

"My Mother will think we're in a relationship if I walk in holding your hand," I whisper as I see Ryan leaning against a counter down the hallway.

"Well we kind of are," Michael scoffs, "I took you out on a date last night."

"Shh!" I shush him, causing him to arch a brow at me, "We'll establish this later." I say, shifting my eyes to Ryan who is now walking over to us. Michael rolls his eyes, about to speak, when Ryan beats him to the punch.

"Hey Jamie," he smiles, pulling me into a hug. Over his shoulder, I see Michael fold his arms, looking pissed.

Damn he's sexy.

"Michael, right?" Ryan asks, pulling away from me. Michael fakes a smile as they shake hands.

"Dr.Reynolds, how are you?" he continues to plaster a smile on his face and I roll my eyes.

"I'm alright, thanks. Please call me Ryan. A friend of Jamie's is a friend of mine," Ryan smiles sweetly at me, though he is talking to Michael. I clear my throat, looking away from Michael to Ryan.

"How's my Mother doing?" I ask, trying to cut the tension, failing immensely.

"Oh, well today is one of her better days, which I haven't seen in a while. I was wondering if it had something to do with you visiting," he smiles even wider, if that's possible, "You know she loves you more than anything? You're all she talks about for the most part." I giggle, looking towards the door of my Mother's room.

"Yeah, I think we're just so similar that she sees a lot of me in her." I sigh, looking to Michael who is glaring at Ryan, "Can we go in and see her?" I ask Ryan, who is looking down at his clipboard.

"Of course, she'd love to see you," Ryan says happily, "I'll give you guys as long as you need, and then we can talk about her treatment, alright?" he asks, staring into my eyes, having no effect compared to Michael's deep stare.

"Yeah, for sure," I sigh, running a hand through my long hair, "Thanks again Ryan. For everything." i smile. He pulls me in for another hug, making me sense Michael's anger.

"Anytime," he smiles, starting to walk away, "I'll be in the room in a few." he winks, turning away.

I turn to Michael who is standing with his arms folded and his brow cocked as he stares at me.

"What?" I ask, walking up to him. Michael rolls his eyes, clearing his throat, "You know I don't like him, Michael," I sigh, wrapping my arms around his neck, pecking his soft lips, "I'm only interested in one guy." I smile sweetly.

"Oh yeah? Who's that?" Michael asks as he wraps his arms around my waist as a smile plays on his lips. 

"Michael Jackson." I smile brightly as he pretends to look confused.

"Who's that knucklehead?" he asks jokingly as I kiss his lips, letting it linger a little longer this time.

"Don't let Ryan get to you," I whisper against his lips, "He has nothing on you." I grin, getting off of my tippy toes to stand flat footed. I brush my shirt as Michael kisses my cheek, and we walk into my Mother's room.

"What was that racket out here?" my Mother asks, as I walk over to her bedside.

"What racket, Mama?" I smile as her face lights up.

"Bambini! What are you doing here?" she exclaims, sitting up in her bed. Wow she really is having a good day today.

"Ma, I was here yesterday," I giggle as she shifts the setting on the hospital bed to support her back as Michael walks over to stand beside.

"Yes I know this, Jammie," she mumbles, fiddling with the remote for her bed, as my face turns red, "Goddammit I can't figure out how to use this thing." she growls, smacking it against the bar of the bed.

"Here Mama," i say, pressing a button to adjust it for her, "Is that good?" I ask.

"Who is this?" she smiles, staring at Michael who is now standing right beside me.

"Mama," I begin, staring back at him, "This is Michael Jackson. Michael this is my Mother Julie Brown." I introduce them.

"Hello Mrs. Brown, how are you doing?" Michael smiles politely, shaking her hand.

"Well, sweetheart, I'm as good as I can be these days. And please call me Julie. None of this Mrs. nonsense, I dropped my husband years ago." she scoffs, causing Michael to give me an unknowing look. 

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know," Michael apologizes as my Mother swats the air.

"Don't mention it," she smiles, patting his hand, "But if you don't mind me asking, why are you here Michael?" she smiles knowingly.

"Actually Mama," I speak before Michael can, "Michael is a very good friend of mine, and when he found out about your illness, he wanted to pay for the treatment." I try to explain without sounding too weird, failing miserably. My Mama looks between us a couple of times before scoffing.

"Yeah I don't think so." she shakes her head, folding her arms.

"What?" Michael and I say at the same time. I should've known this wasn't going to be easy. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

331K 20K 200
(Short Chapters...but a lot of them!) Grace. Your average looking British, shy, a bit of an extrovert and extremely cheeky! Grace's life holds a few...
1K 12 8
(SEQUEL TO "THE WAY SHE MADE ME FEEL") (BEFORE READING THIS STORY, PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL STORY, "THE WAY SHE MADE ME FEEL"!! THANK YOU!) Michael J...
680K 13.9K 43
Jenna Toussaint is a college senior who, after much angst, is finally taking the one class she's openly avoided, in order to graduate. The professor...
8.6K 255 21
[18+ Explicit] - Completed - Short Story - Formerly 'Prestige' Book 1 of Love Waltz Series (A collection of debut fics). First fic I made for Michael...