..50..

"Well?" he bellows. Rebbie and Latoya wince, as Janet rolls her eyes, and Katherine sighs heavily, "When is it going to be ready? What's taking so long?" 

"Joseph, it'll be ready soon. Hold your horses," Katherine sighs, checking the oven again. 

"I've been holding my horses, woman!" he yells, staring at her, before shifting his eyes over to me, "Who are you?" he scoffs, and I raise my brows. 

"Who are you?" I ask in the same tone as he did, and all of the women gasp, except for Janet who is trying not to laugh. 

"Huh," Joseph says, slowly stalking over to me, "Who am I?" he chuckles, shaking his head, "I like that. Feisty," he grins, licking his lips, and I roll my eyes as he looks me up and down. The women let out a sigh of relief and he holds out his hand, "I'm Joseph Jackson. Who are you here with today?" he asks, raising a brow. 

"I'm with Michael," I say, staring him down, "My name is Jamie." 

"So, you're the new bitch?" he chuckles, and Janet rolls her eyes as the three other women shake their heads. 

"Joseph," Michael says, stepping into the kitchen, "How are you?" he asks, with no genuine intent in his expression. 

"I'm fine, big nose, how are you?" he chuckles menacingly and I scoff as they shake hands. The other boys file into the kitchen as well, probably to see what this asshole was making so much noise for. 

"I'm well," Michael swallows. He's tense. He told me that Joe made him nervous, but I didn't think he would make him this nervous, "I see you've met Jamie, my girlfriend." 

"Yes, I have," he grins grossly, looking over at me and licking his lips again, "Nice pick. But  I know you chose her for that ass." he chuckles, and everyone stays silent. Everyone looks at me with sorrow, and I know it's because they are embarrassed by his crass behaviour. 

"Well, dinner is ready!" Katherine says in the loudest voice I've heard her in so far, "Everyone go take a seat, except for the girls, I'd like you all to help me take the dishes to the table. 

The boys murmur to each other, all walking into another room, which I presume is the dining room, and Michael is at the back of the line. 

"I'm so sorry for the way he spoke to you, Jay," he sighs quietly, placing his hands on my hips. 

"It's okay, Michael, It's not your fault he's an asshole," I whisper, rolling my eyes, and he smiles. 

"Still, I'm sorry. I wish I could stand up to him, but I just get so nervous," he explains quickly, and I smile, reaching up to put my hand on his cheek. 

"Baby," I comfort, and he sighs, leaning into my hand, "I know, I know," I sigh, understandingly, caressing his cheek with my thumb, "I could see how tense you were talking to him. You told me you would be, but I didn't think it would be anything like that." I mumble, and he pulls me into a tight hug, not because I need it, but because he does. 

I rub his back in circles, and he pulls away after a few seconds, kissing me softly, and smiling in one cheek before walking into the dining room to sit with the other. I sigh at the thought of Michael, and a smile touches my lips. 

I love that man. 

"You guys really love each other," Katherine sighs lovingly, making me zone back in from my thoughts. 

"Yes, we do. Michael's the love of my life. I didn't believe in that before," I sigh thinking about Adam, and Janet nods knowingly, "But Michael made me change my beliefs." I sigh and the four women swoon, "Anyways, let's get this dinner out there so no one gets mad." I say, suggestively, and the girls nod as we all take a dish into the dining room. 

I place the sweet potato casserole on the table, and take a seat in the spot next to Michael that he has left open for me. Michael leans over and kisses my cheek as everyone makes conversation with the person next to them. 

"You look so sexy tonight," he breathes against the shell of my ear, only for me to hear. 

"Michael, stop," I giggle, pushing him away as my cheeks redden. 

"Oooh, Mike's gettin' frisky," Tito says in a high voice, making all of the other brothers 'oooh' in the same tone. 

"Now that's enough, boys," Katherine smiles, holding the hands of Janet and Joseph, "Let's say grace." 

We all bow our heads as Katherine goes off and says a very lovely grace that resonates with everyone. 

"Amen," I say along with everyone else before we all dig in to the heavenly food in front of us. 

"What would you like, baby," Michael coos, and Joseph scoffs. Michael tenses, and I put my hand on his thigh to comfort. 

"Don't let him get to you," I whisper, "I want whatever you're having, babe." I smile up at him before looking past him to give Joseph a dirty look. He smiles menacingly, showing off his gold tooth and I roll my eyes, making him chuckle. 

What the fuck is so damn funny?!

"So, Jamie, where are you from?" LaToya asks as she scoops some sweet potato onto her plate and Tito makes a funny face at her. 

"I already asked her that," Tito boasts, and everyone except for LaToya laughs. 

"Doesn't matter, I wanna know," she says, flicking her chin at him and he laughs. 

"I was born in Houston, Texas," I begin, getting looks of approval from everyone, "But if you're talking about my heritage, my Mother is African-American, and my Father is Italian." I say, and the men nod, like they already know this, because they do, and everyone who doesn't know nods, interested.... except for Joseph. 

"Are you some sort of mob princess, or what?" Joseph grunts through a mouthful of chicken and I breathe deeply to try and control my irritation with him. 

"Not everyone who is Italian is in the mob," I laugh, not letting it reach my eyes, and everyone else chuckles... except for Joseph. 

"No shit, but everyone has something to do with them, right? Don't you know someone who is apart of the mob? Any connections?" he pushes, and I smile, still not letting it reach my eyes. 

"Why? Are you looking to kill someone?" I ask, raising my brows, and everyone howls with laughter, except for Joseph and Michael. 

"Maybe," he smirks, shaking his head, "But come on, you must know somebody!" he bellows, and I grit my teeth together. 

"Nope," I sigh, shaking my head, "Maybe my Father does, but I don't know my Father very well anymore, so I don't know anyone who might be in the mob." I explain, and Joseph knits his brows together. 

"What happened to your Father? Did he die or something?" he asks bluntly, and the silence at the table is very uncomfortable, because who just asks something like that. 

"Nope, but sometimes I think my family would be better off if he did." I sigh, and there are a couple of chuckles from around the table. 

"I feel that," Joseph says, talking with his mouth full, pointing a fork at me, "I like you. You have gumption, drive. That said, I don't know how you got this soft, little, mama's boy over here," Joseph smirks, pointing his fork at Michael this time, and Michael swallows, shaking his leg, and I rub his thigh to calm him, "You're feisty! Aggressive! I bet you beat Michael's ass just like I did when he was younger!" Joseph exclaims, throwing his head back in an angry laughter. 

I grit my teeth and scoot closer, to Michael. Fucking asshole. I cannot wait until this dinner is over. That man is already on my last nerve and I haven't even taken a bite yet.