..18..

"Michael go away," I groan, stuffing my face into one of the multiple pillows surrounding me. He knocks again, calling my name. I know he can't hear me so I get up and walk to the door.

"Jamie, can I come in?" He asks softly. I press my shoulder the door, folding my arms.

"Michael, I'm okay." I sigh unconvincingly.

"Then open the door," He mumbles as I press my ear to the door. I sigh softly, not knowing how to respond, "Please Jamie... I just want to hold you." he mumbles as I feel his agitation through the door. I hesitate before reaching down to twist the knob and open the door slowly.

"Hi," I smile, suddenly shy, as this gorgeous man stands in front of me.

"Jamie what's wrong?" he asks, stepping forward a bit. I observe his whole being, before stepping back and letting him in my suite. He slowly moves into my room as I close the door behind him, leaning my back against it.

"What's up?" I asks softly, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Here," He says, holding out his hand towards me. I look down at how large his hand a fingers are before taking it in mine. He pulls me flush to his chest, placing his other hand against my lower back as my body melts into his, "What's wrong?" he says softly, caressing my cheek.

"Michael," I sigh, placing my forehead against his hard chest, holding in my tears. Michael takes two fingers and tilts my chin so that my eyes meet his. Staring into his eyes, I feel my vulnerability showing through, and for once in my life I'm okay with it.

"Jamie tell me what's going on," he pleads.

"I'm scared Michael," I speak after staying silent for a few seconds. My lip quivers as I continue to stare into his eyes. Michaels brows furrow as he continues to keep eye contact.

"Of what," he says, concerned. I sigh shakily, praying to God that the tears behind my eyes stay where they are.

"Everything that is going on in my life," I rasp as tears pool in my eyes, placing my hands on his chest, "Everything in my life is getting fucked up and I don't know what to do about it."

"Jamie," He sighs as I feel a tear run down my cheek.

"Nothing is going right in my life. I don't know how to fix anything and it seems like everything is always on me," I cry softly as Michael pulls me into his chest to  embrace me tighter.

"Does this have something to do with why you were at the hospital?" He asks quietly as he rests his chin on top of my head.

"We should sit down," I mumble, wiping my eyes with the backs of my hands.

"Okay, just a second." Michael says, walking into my little kitchen. He grabs a glass from the cupboard and fills it with water before walking back to me with a box of tissues as well. He hands me both before sitting beside me on the couch, "Why were you at the hospital? I thought you were going to see your mother?" he asks softly, looking into my eyes.

"Michael," I sigh, "I wasn't completely honest with you about my mother." my voice shakes as I look down at my hands.

"What, did you not go to see her? Did you go to see someone else?" his brows knit as I look back up at him, wondering if he's talking about Ryan.

"No, I did go to see my mother, but the extent of her illness isn't what I told you it was." I say quietly as tears start to run down my cheeks. 

"Your mother is in the hospital?" he asks hesitantly. I nod my head as more tears decide to pour down my face involuntarily.

"She has cancer, Michael.... and it's really bad," I sob, pressing my hands together in my lap as Michael inhales sharply, still keeping his eyes on me. 

"Jamie, I'm so sorry," he says sincerely, taking my hands in his. Without his help, I lean into him and press my cheek against the middle of his chest.

"It's stage three," I whimper, wiping my tears with my hands, "I had to come out here because she refused the treatment. I couldn't just let her not go through with it," I explain in between breaths.

"I had no idea, I'm so sorry," he apologizes again. 

"It's not your fault, I'm just so upset that this had to happen to her," I start to control my tears, sitting up on the couch. I grab a few tissues and wipe my nose and eyes, "I'm sorry, your shirt is all wet," I smile wanly, staring at his button down.

"I have tons of these, I'm not worried about," he sighs, reaching out to tuck a piece of my pitch black hair behind my ear as his brows furrow again.

"What is it?" I ask quietly.

"Oh nothing," he says looking into my eyes, "I was just thinking about the cost. My cousin had cancer that was not at all life threatening, and the treatment was still thousands of dollars. The treatment for your mother must be hard to fund." 

"Well that's one of the other things in my life that's not going as planned," I sigh, leaning against the couch cushions, "Most of the money I make working at Jackson Inc. is sent back here to Houston to pay for my mothers medical bills. It's not ideal, since I make a very decent amount of money and it just barely covers the cost." I explain, staring off into space, "My life would be so much more simple if this hadn't happened, but I guess that's life." I mumble, thinking about how well I'd be living if I didn't pay the extra cost.

"I could help you out if you want," Michael says softy, making me look back to him. I guess he's been staring at me this whole time.

"No Michael, I could never accept that." I sigh, pulling my knees up to my chest. 

"It wouldn't be an issue. Not to brag, but I'm a very wealthy man," he says, somehow sounding humble.

"I could give a damn," I scoff, folding my arms, "I'm not taking money from you." 

"Why not?" He asks, "I hate to see you in this position and I wouldn't mind paying for her treatment."

"Michael, I don't care what you say, I'm not going to take money from you." I repeat, looking away from him.

"You work for me already, Jamie," I feel him smile, "You technically are already taking money from me." he chuckles, lightening the mood. 

"It's not my treatment, Michael. I'm not accepting anything. If you really want to share your money, you'll have to ask my mother." I smirk, thinking I've got him.

"Great," he says, making me frown, "When do I meet her?"