..56..

"Hey Janet, can we talk?" Michael speaks into the phone in a very soft, sorrowful voice. I shake my head and grab my bag, waving her for to take it off of speaker phone. 

It's not my business. 

"Do you want me to leave?" I ask in a whisper and her brows furrow before turning to her phone to talk to Michael. 

"Just a second Mike," Janet mumbles, muting her end of the phone, turning to me, "You can stay here if you want. He just wants to talk, he's not coming over or anything." she explains, and I sigh, shaking my head. 

"I don't want to invade your privacy. Michael is calling to talk to you, not to have me eavesdrop on what he has to say about me. 

"Girl, I'll just go in another room," she scoffs, waving her hand through the hair, and I sigh, ready to leave. 

"Are you positive?" I ask, holding my hands behind my back and she nods convincingly. 

"For sure. Make yourself comfortable. Watch some TV or something, I'll just go up into my room." She nods, gesturing to the living room before unmuting the phone, "Hey Mike, sorry, I just had something on the stove that was burning... What's up?" she asks, as he voice fades on her way up the stairs. I hear a door close, and I'm alone. 

Shit, I really did it this time. 

I don't know why I went to Janet's. I shouldn't have. I should've just drove around or called my Mom or something. I could've even called my brother. 

The issue is that they would both be on my side, and I know Janet is pretty even between the both of us. Hell, he's her brother, she'd probably side with him even if I was right, which I'd completely expect, but I really couldn't think of anywhere else to go. 

I shouldn't have left in the first place. 

I should've apologized to Michael and then let him have his space in the house. I mean, it's a massive house, I would definitely be able to give him some distance if he wanted me to. 

Fuck, I should've just stayed there. We'd probably be having makeup sex or some shit. 

"Ugh," I groan to myself, curling up into the corner of the couch before turning on the TV. Of course the news channel is talking about Lisa Marie Presley and something to do with her father, "Oh fuck off." I grit, switching the channel to Grey's Anatomy. 

Absolutely. 

I love this shit. 

I watch mindlessly, as my mind is still coated with thoughts of Michael, like it's been since I first met him in that lobby. 

Ah, my loving asshole. 

I miss him already. 

I wipe a tear from my cheek, and snuggle into the couch, squeezing my eyes tightly. I pull out my phone, after a few minutes of thinking, and dial my Mother's number. 

"Bambini!" my Mother exclaims, making me smile. 

"Hey Mummy, what's going on?" I grin, wrapping a soft, furry blanket around me from the back of the couch. 

"Nothing much, how 'bout you?" she asks, and I can tell she is smiling. 

"You know," I sigh heavily, and she breathes in, knowingly. 

"What happened between you and Michael?" she asks with care, sounding concerned. 

"We had a fight, Mum," I sigh, feeling tears grow behind my eyes and I shake them away. 

"What did you do?" she smirks, kind of jokingly, but it's not funny because I actually did do something. 

"I hurt his feelings," I sigh, "I really messed up." 

"What did you say to him?" she asks slowly as I rub the bridge of my nose. 

"I told him that he married the wrong person, and I was referring to his ex-wife," I explain, and my Mother is silent for a few seconds. 

"Well, obviously he did if he ended up filing a divorce," she says hesitantly. 

"I know that, and he knows that better than anyone, but that's why it hurt his feelings."

"Bambini, I'm not getting it," she says, continuing to slowly ask questions or say what she has to. 

"Michael and I have both had really rough gos in our past relationships," I begin, looking down at my hands, "It took a lot for me to open up to him about Adam, and even more for him to open up to me about his ex's, and I threw that in his face." I sigh, and she doesn't say anything, "Michael married her for the wrong reasons, and he regrets it immensely, so for me to just throw it in his face like that, after all the trouble he's gone through in the past, it was so hurtful of me to do that." 

"And you want me to tell you what to do? Is that why you called?" she asks slowly. 

"Well, yeah, and you're my Mother, so I thought you might want to know when I'm having troubles with my boyfriend." I scoff. 

"Isn't that what a best friend is for?" she smirks, and I roll my eyes. 

"Mum, you know I don't really have a best friend." I mumbles, and she pauses. 

"What about Janet?"

"She's also Michael's brother..." 

"Oh, shit, that's right. Damn, no wonder you called me," she sighs, "Baby, I don't know what to tell you. You were wrong, you hurt him, you messed up. These are all things you're already telling yourself, so I don't need to tell you the same things again." 

"But, what do I do?" I sigh heavily. 

"Babe, what did I tell you to do when you guys were in a tiff at my place?" she asks, and I smile. 

"Make up and make out," I murmur, a bit embarrassed, and I hear her clap her hands. 

"Exactly! Just go apologize to him, babe. You love him, so apologize and then do what lovers do," she exclaims, making my cheeks redden even further.

"Mummy," I groan, and she laughs. 

"What? You called for my help, and you got it!" She exclaims, making me giggle and she does the same, "Seriously, though. Go get Michael and fix whatever needs fixing. You can't let this one get away baby. You can't take back cancer treatments." she says sarcastically, making me cover my mouth. 

"Mum, that's awful!" I exclaim, suppressing a laugh, and she laughs loudly. 

"I'm the one who had the cancer, I get to make awful jokes about it," she smirks, "Now, go get Michael and fix things. He's your man. Don't let that change because of some little fight." 

"Okay, Mummy, thank you," I grin, a weight half lifted off my chest, "I love you." 

"I love you too, babe. Talk to you later." She says lovingly before we both hang up the phone. 

I have to go talk to Michael. 

As I'm standing from the couch, Janet jogs down the stairs with a sorrowful look on her face. 

"How is he?" I ask hesitantly, and she sighs, shoving her phone in her pocket. 

"He's hurting," she sighs, shifting her eyes away, "And he knows you're here." she says quickly, and my eyes widen a bit. 

"You told him?" I ask, a bit shocked, and she shrugs. 

"He called it. It's not like I just flat out told him." she says, holding her hands up in surrender. 

"Well, that's okay, I have to go talk to him," I sigh, walking towards the door to start getting my shoes on. 

"No need," she mumbles, scratching the back of her head, "He's coming to talk to you."