Brooklyn Nights (BxB)

By OralKel

Pierson "Pierce" Matthews is living in the city of Brooklyn where he can see the majestic view of the Brookly... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Last Chapter]

Chapter 19

7.3K 292 70
By OralKel

Word counter: 3,500

Author's Note: FINALLY!

******

Chapter 19

Wyatt brings me home with a tear-streaked face, but the smile is on his lips like the whole world is in front of him, beautiful and divine. His hand, instead of reaching for the gear, grabs mine and he holds it tight like he doesn't want to let go. His eyes never leave the road, but I know somehow that his heart and his mind are somewhere else. Throughout the drive I catch him grinning, stealing glances to me, and licking his lower lip. My mind reels back to the time he confessed that he's always been gay, and that he has always liked me. I wasn't prepared for that confession, and it fucked me up in a good way. To say I'm not shocked and not happy would be a lie. Wyatt surprised me with that confession, and it feels really good. I also realized that he hasn't really had a good past. I knew he needed love and guidance, but I didn't know it was that bad. He acted on impulse and he was insecure. He lost his father, his rock, and he didn't know what to do. If my father died, I wouldn't know what I would feel.

All my high school life, I thought I was just his little playtime, like a toy.

But I didn't know he needed to be loved.

And that's hurting me now. I was being unknowingly selfish when I had so much love to offer, and never once in my school life did I show him one; that he deserved to be happy; that he didn't have to be so hurt and angry at the world because of his loss; that I was always there ready to hug him tight. If I knew what happened to him, knowing me, I would have comforted him even though he was being a total dick to me. Regardless of what he had done to me, what he had brought to me, I would do it in a heartbeat.

"What are you thinking?" Wyatt asks me as he turns left right around the corner. It's only three blocks away before we arrive at my house. He squeezes my hand.

"Just the time when we were in high school." I respond with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry I gave you such a bad memory," he tells me with a downcast look. I shake my head and squeeze his hand back. He halts to a stop and we just look at each other. "If I could just time travel, I'd undo everything I did to you. I hurt you emotionally, and I hurt a lot of people, even my mom, and it's bad. I shouldn't have done that. They didn't deserve the pain, the hurt."

"Neither did you," I tell him with so much sincerity that it almost comes out as a squeak. My heart aches for him. "Wyatt, you may have done a lot of bad things in the past, but here you are in front of me, pouring your heart out and saying sorry for your mistakes. You were a kid, and it was hard for you to handle things without your dad, and I know you miss him so much, but I just want to tell you that if he's watching you right now, he's proud because, I know, you have become a man he always wanted you to be. And that's enough for every father, knowing their daughter or son to become a better person."

"Why are you so good to me?" There are now tears streaming down his face, and what a sight it is to see. There's something good about seeing the person you like, or love, shows how vulnerable he is. Because it means trust. And Wyatt trusts me enough to show how he really feels. "You don't fucking deserve me. You're so pure, and I'm just a fucked up guy that has made your life a living hell. You don't deserve me. You really don't."

Without hesitating to say what I really think, I tell him, "No. The Wyatt in high school didn't, but the Wyatt in front me does. And I'm happy because he came to my life improved and better. A man, indeed." I chuckle.

Wyatt leans forward and kisses me on the lips gently. The way he kisses me is just breaking my heart in a good way, and it's perfect. This moment is perfect. My fingers get lost in his hair as I grip it, pulling him closer. His hand reaches for my waist as he gently guides me to his lap so I'm basically straddling him. My heart somersaults, butterflies fluttering wildly in my stomach, and I feel like the happiest man alive. Wyatt has this effect on me where he can make me feel like I'm on top of the world. He makes me feel everything all at once. And he makes my heart beat for him only.

Have you ever felt like the world is ending, like your life will end in a matter of seconds and life flashes before you? Have you ever felt like you've seen the most beautiful view in the world that makes you scream on top of your lungs? Have you ever felt like the leading man in some movies where he gets the happy ending by getting his girl or guy and they run off to somewhere else, to their safe haven and love each other? Have you ever felt really blessed? Because I feel all of that right now with Wyatt.

We both pull away to get some air as our lungs have run out. His cheeks are flushed, and I know mine too, and his lips are swollen. His eyes are twinkling with happiness, and you can tell that he's so happy right now. It's a sight that I will always treasure.

"I'm taking you home..." Wyatt says breathlessly.

I nod my head, not trusting my own voice. I'm so fucking happy right now that I want to jump off this car and be crazy about it. I climb back to where I was seated a few minutes ago, and feel myself embarrassed. Wyatt starts to shift the gear and begins to drive. In a few minutes, we've reached my house. He parks on the curb and shuts off the engine. I don't want to leave yet. I want to be with him for a few more minutes before my mom questions me about where I've been last night and where I've slept. I'll probably get an earful from my mom and she'd tell me that I've been irresponsible by not informing her that I wasn't going home. For now, I like to enjoy my time with Wyatt here by my side.

"I should go... see you around then." I tell him.

As I'm ready to climb out, Wyatt speaks. "Pierce, I really meant it. I've always liked you. I like you."

I smile at him, then immediately think of Kevin and Mia. Wyatt is currently in a relationship with Mia, and Kevin is kind of stuck with me. Even though they don't know what's happening between me and Wyatt yet, they're already hurting. Mia doesn't deserve that she's being cheated on with me, and Kevin doesn't deserve that I'm leading him on.

"I feel that, but what about Mia? She's your girlfriend. And she doesn't deserve this."

"I've thought of that already." Wyatt purses his lips and stares at the road. "I'm going to break things with her. She has an idea about what I really feel, but I've never once acknowledged it. I'm not going to lie anymore. I'm not going to keep it a secret. I'm accepting it. I'm accepting that I'm... that..."

"That you're only human and you feel what you feel." I tell him, seeing the conflicted look on his face.

"Yeah, that, and that I'm gay."

"It's okay to freak out and to be scared, Wyatt. We feel those emotions for a reason."

"I know, but I'm not going to keep myself from being happy, and right now, Pierce, you're my source of that. And my mom. When we get back to Brooklyn, I'll tell Mia everything, No more secrets."

"No more hiding."

"No more hiding." I beam at him and he looks relieved.

"I should go." I jerk my chin towards my house's direction and he nods his head. As I turn around, he calls out my name and I turn back again quickly with a huge smile on my face. "Yes?"

"Do you want to go out with me? Or um, be my boyfriend... I mean, go out on a date with me? I mean it's okay. You don't have to answer now. But it'll be better if you give me an answer now. God, I sound like a fucking idiot. Get your shit together, Ajax!"

I let out a small laugh, shaking my head. Wyatt being emotional, and Wyatt being hilarious – my favorite sides yet. "Yes, Wyatt. I'm going out on a date with you, and I can be your boyfriend."

"Really?" He stares at me wide eyed. "Of course, fuck, yeah, you're my boyfriend now."

I lean down without giving him a signal. I cup his face with my hands and plant my lips against his, catching him off guard. In a few seconds he kisses me back and rests his palm at the back of my neck, his thumb and index finger playing with my nape. We kiss for a few more minutes until we have to let go of each other's lips to get some air.

"I'll text you, call, or see you." Wyatt breathes out as his eyes shine brightly.

"Let's do all the three, yeah?"

"Definitely." He grins from ear to ear. My heart flutters at the sight.

Wyatt gives me one last kiss on the lips before driving away. I watch him as he makes his speed. Smiling as I walk towards my house with a dreamy look, I realize that someone has been watching us. My mom and dad are standing there on the front porch with crossed arms across their chest. Mom has a raised eyebrow while my dad looks like utterly curious to know about my love life.

Mom motions me to enter the house. Mom and dad part to make way for me. I look at them, embarrassed that they've seen me kissing a guy. I mean, I'm really open almost everything to them, but it's a sad thing that they've seen that first right before I tell them. Now I have to explain everything to them and knowing my mom, she wouldn't let this go easily. She would want to know everything and I'm mentally preparing myself for that moment when she asks me. Dad would just listen and laugh about how uncomfortable I'm getting. Sometimes he can be an asshole.

"First, where are your clothes?" My mom asks me.

I look down and see that I'm still wearing Wyatt's clothes and that I forgot to bring my clothes with me. I run my hand across my face. I just got on with Wyatt and he makes me already forget all the things I should do and remember.

"Second, who's that?" I'm about to answer her when she adds, "In your life."

Dad watches me, silently laughing as mom grills me with her questions. Asshole.

"I'm waiting..."

"First, I forgot to bring my clothes with me. Alcohol stain. I had to change." I tell her. There's no point in lying. "Second, that guy you saw, is my boyfriend. And his name is Wyatt. No, Ajax Wyatt."

"Wait, hold on, I think I've heard that name before." Dad butts in, looking at my mom for confirmation.

"Yes, dad, I've mentioned him a lot of times in high school." I roll my eyes at them. "He was the one bullying me. He was my classmate. He's currently the CEO of a company I work for, and we're in a relationship right now."

"So he's gay?"

"Yep."

"And when did this happen?"

"He admitted to me that he was declining his sexuality when he was a teenager, and his life was a total mess and he took it all upon me. Bad, really. But he has changed. Like for real. There's no need to worry." I tell them both. I pat my dad's shoulder and kiss my mom on the cheek. Mom holds my arm and my eyes soften. "Mom, promise, I'll take care of myself. He has really changed. If you want to meet him, grill him with your questions, that's okay, that's your job to do so. I'll understand. If you ask, I'll bring him over here before we get back to Brooklyn for work."

"Is it really for work?" My mom questions as she raises a brow at me.

I flush. "Mom!"

"I'm just making sure, honey. I know Brooklyn is a great city, but it's okay if guys wanna do it here too. Texas isn't so bad."

"Dad! Stop, mom!"

"That's my cue to leave," dad turns on his heels and heads straight to the kitchen.

"I can't believe this." Mom laughs at my expression. I glare at her. "I'm going to need a shower."

"You might need to call him. You need help."

"Why would I need a help in the shower? Oh God, mom. Please stop." I turn around and start walking away. I hear my dad and mom laughing together and I mentally curse them out. They can be such an ass. They need Jesus. I head to my room so I can take a shower. Right before I take Wyatt's clothes off of me, I receive a text from him and a smile immediately makes its way to my lips.

Later that night, Wyatt calls me and I immediately answer. I never thought that I'd get to do this again, you know, picking your phone up because you've been waiting for that special someone to text you or call you and it doesn't matter if you just keep looking at the phone or the time. Time runs slowly, but when that special someone gives you a ring or texts you, you'd realize that it's worth the wait.

Wyatt hasn't responded; I can hear him breathing over the phone, and that sound relaxes me, and knowing that he's there on the other side of the line, his phone over his ear, it's unbelievable in a good way. The silence isn't deafening and not awkward, but rather it's soothing and comfortable. There's something the way he calmly breathes, like he has already let go of his fears and whatever was troubling him. It's nice to see or feel Wyatt like this. He's completely a different person now, and despite that his mother told him that he's scared of any changes in his life, I think he hasn't noticed that everything has changed and he's not the same person he was back then in high school. The Wyatt over the phone is better, more good-looking, nice, and emotional. And I like all of that.

"Hey..." he finally says. My heart stops.

His voice is so fucking gorgeous and deep and sexy. I think I just had a fucking orgasm. I shake my head from the thought and focus on his voice. I imagine him having a smile on his lips as he lies down on his bed, staring right at the ceiling, his arm raised in a comfortable way.

"What are you doing?"

"Just thinking of you..." I respond without first thinking it. A blush creeps on my face as I hear him chuckle. Now that he's my boyfriend now... everything he does is so fucking adorable and sexy. Jesus, Wyatt, what are you doing to me? "Maybe."

"Hmmm..." he hums and my heart races.

"What about you?"

"I may or may not have been obsessing at the fact that you're my boyfriend now."

I bury my face in my pillow and let out a scream. Wyatt is making me feel like a teenage girl and it's bad. Why does Wyatt have this effect on me? Ah, my poor fucking heart. I hear Wyatt calling out my name and I hastily pick my phone up and put it over my ear.

"Are you alright?" he asks me, concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah, I just had something to do."

"Oh, was it a bad timing that I called now?"

"No, no, no, no." I quickly respond. He must have heard the panic in my voice as he chuckles. "It's not a bad timing. The time's just fine. I was just preparing my sleep when you called but now, I'm not sleepy anymore."

"Have I told you I've always liked your voice?"

I shake my head as if he can see me. "Not really."

"Well, now you know." I can practically see Wyatt grinning. "There's something about your voice that is very calming, like I could listen to it all day and not complain, you know. It's very relaxing. And when you sing, it's like I'm always hearing an angel."

"Wyatt... stop it." I'm blushing now.

"What? It's true. I'm not lying." My heart is about to explode. "You're awesome and you do a lot of things, and I know I was a dick in high school, but I had always admired how strong you were. I was very competitive, and you never backed down. You kept on just walking with a proud look on your face."

"Yeah, you were a dick in high school, we've already established that."

"Asshat." I laugh.

"But yeah, you have a good voice, Pierce. I just wish I could have heard more." He finally lets out a sigh. "I could have heard more if we just went along in high school. We could have been great friends. I just wish I wasn't that dumb and I wish I wasn't that mad."

"Wyatt, you learned from it. That's enough. If we could have been friends, do you think you'd be my boyfriend right now?" I ask him and he remains quiet. "You can't change the past. It's there. It's history. It's behind us. But if you keep living in it, you will always suffer. Trust me, when I saw you again after all these years, I thought that you were going to ruin my life and I hated that. But then I started having this... thing... for you that I couldn't hold back. And right then and there, I knew I was able to let go of what happened between us. Although, I admit, they've come back to me in my head. But that's only because I was making a reason to not like you because you've changed so much and you're totally a different person. I was pretty scared of my feelings towards you, and it was holding me back from doing something."

"Like what?"

"Like... kissing you and hugging you." I admit to him shyly, my voice going octave. "You have no idea how much I wanted to do that. You were just irresistible and I was way out of your league and I thought you were straight and you had a girlfriend. I had no chance. It was a losing battle. But in the end, somehow, it looks like the stars have aligned properly and the universe switches gear and this happened. You and me. Boyfriends. I like to call you my boyfriend." – he chuckles – "Oh, don't mind that. Forget I said anything."

"I like to call you my boyfriend, too." Wyatt admits, sighing out loud. "I can't believe it. I'm still living in the moment at the fact that you've agreed to be my boyfriend. Ah, finally. Shit. I sound like an obsessed fangirl, right?"

"You do sound like an obsessed fangirl," I laugh. "And it's making me happy. You're making me happy."

"Do you think I should tell my mom?"

I purse my lips. After a few seconds, I reply, "It's really up to you, Wyatt. I'll support your decision no matter what. Your mom has probably an idea, but she just doesn't want to push you, you know. She loves you so much."

"I know, I'll tell her. She deserves to know. And Pierce..."

"Yes?"

"You're really my boyfriend now, right? Like for real? Like you're my boyfriend boyfriend?"

"Yes, Ajax Chase Wyattt. I'm your boyfriend. As in, boyfriend boyfriend."

"Yes, shit." I hear something falls. I suppress a laugh. "Thank you for everything, Pierce. I mean it. You're the best thing that's happened to me. It sounds pretty big, but I don't want to hold back anymore. I want to say what I really feel and with you, I'm always the person I am."

"Is it the time to give me the best boyfriend of the year?"

"Yes." He laughs.

"Where's my trophy, then?"

"In my heart, Pierce. You're in my heart, and that's the best trophy I can give you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 117 11
For 17-year-old high school senior Evan Brooks, life could be better. He's a social outcast at school, stuck in a rural small town he never wanted to...
705 27 16
KnightsBridge and KingsMount, having been two formally split schools being merged into a single campus, were always at each other's throats. Whether...
287 2 23
Seventeen year old supermodel, Nyxon Steffano, is burnt out. He's been strutting the runways and posing for pictures as long as he remembers. When a...
108 5 10
Justin Cameron is a good kid, when he lands in detention he meets Jacob Harris. Jacob is the opposite of him, he's rebellious and is known as the sch...