Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Wyatt texts me the address of where the party for his mother is going to be held, the time, and what I should wear for the event. A lot of people are invited, and most of them are her mother's friends and relatives. Since the party is quite fancy, he asked me to wear a suit. The party is a semi-formal event, so I really don't have to go on full formal attire. I have already picked out my outfit (thank God Melody is not here), and when my mom saw it, she approved of it already.

They still can't believe that their son is back home for a week, and mom has gone grocery shopping with dad so she can make me my favorite food that she knows I missed. Well, she's totally right.

Stepping out the shower, I dry myself and check myself out in the mirror. There's a stubble sprouting already, and the hair on the sides of my face is already visible, which means that I need to shave it clean. I'm not really a big fan of beards and chest hair and all that stuff – I still find them attractive, but not on me. I feel like I'm better off without beards or any patch of hair on my chest. I shave the growing stubble and the hair on the sides of my face, and check myself once again in the mirror before going back to my bedroom to get dressed.

"How do I look?" I ask my mom before she saunters her way to the kitchen.

She has only cooked a meal for two tonight since I told her I'd be eating there, and we both agreed that I'd stuff myself tomorrow and all week that I'm here with her food. She's more than happy to hear that.

My mom fixes the hem of my suit, massaging my shoulder a bit, while beaming, an indication that she loves how I look. My mom gushes a lot about my fashion style, which I lack of, but with her help and Melody's, I manage to look good sometimes. Looking over her shoulder, dad gives me a thumbs up and I return it back with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"Handsome." My mom tells me as she pats my chest and I give her a hug.

Wyatt texted me exactly fifteen minutes ago that someone would pick me up. I told him that I could just book an Uber to get there, but he insisted. Of course I didn't put up a fight about it, knowing that he'd only push for it more.

"Thanks, mom." I tighten my hold around her.

I don't want to let go. I missed her so much it's hard to let go. My parents have been my rock when I was growing up. There were things I couldn't tell Melody, but I could tell my parents. It means a lot when your parents understand whatever you're going through, and knowing they support your decision and give advice and tell you that everything's going to be alright, that's the best feeling. It's different when you tell your best friend about your problem, but the comfort of your loved ones, especially your parents, it means a lot.

"Sounds like your ride is here," dad yells who is in the living room binge-watching the season seven of Game of Thrones. I give my mom a hug once more before giving my dad a thumbs up, and he returns it back. That's our ritual before he goes out, or I go out. "Take care, bud."

"I will!"

When I get outside, there's a grey Volvo XC60 parked in front of my house. A guy in a suit gets out of the car and nods his head. I smile at him and he runs to the other side just to get the door open. Okay, that's weird. For one, I'm not a girl. I don't need some guy opening the door for me. Second, that's weird. Despite, I just smile back at the man, whose name is I don't know yet, and climb in the car. He turns on the radio, and Billie Eilish's When The Party Is Over blasts through the speakers.