Chapter 10

Author's Note: Okay guys, Chapter 10 is out and I hope you all like it. I'm taking it slow - I'm taking everything slow because I really want this book to be like a novel. My goal is to reach 100,000 words or more than. So from now, I'm going to start putting word counts per chapter I publish so I can track it easier. I'm always lazy to open the Word and let it count for me. I'm also going to check the previous chapters and put an add it on the author's note section, maybe after I publish the next chapter? I'm writing it today.

Oh yeah, I'm only writing the Author's Note today - 11/15/2018 at exactly 8:05 in the morning - when I published the chapter on November 2. I know, right? Sucks to be me! But hey, I'm going to tell you why I've been out for two weeks! So for now, just enjoy this chapter! :p

Word count: 3,304

******

Chapter 10

Two weeks have passed and Wyatt hasn't come to me yet, so that's a good thing. After the day we kissed, and after walking for hours clearing my head, I decided to follow a strict rule about the boss-employee relationship. The next day after that, I went to work and Wyatt was surprised to see me there. I only uttered a few things with him, gave him his schedule, and since he has Skype too, I just mostly messaged him there about what he needed to know about additional meetings he had for the week and the upcoming meetings he may have for this week.

I made a few notes in my head: a) to limit my interaction with him; b) be as far as possible away from him; c) don't get my hopes up; and d) I have to get rid of my unusual feelings for him. Because let's be honest here, it wouldn't lead me to good things. It will just bring catastrophe; one that I'm not prepared to deal with.

Wyatt gets out of his room as I just got off a call from one of his clients wanting to talk to him today. I manage to pull his schedule up and since he would like to cancel one today due to a misunderstanding regarding the intentions, I'm able to squeeze it in his schedule. I'm rapidly typing on the keyboard when he taps my desk and I look up at him but avoiding his eyes. I set my gaze on his chest. Just breathe... Don't look at his lips, don't look in his eyes, just remain calm.

"Can you call Mr. Sanchez and tell him we can proceed with the meeting as early as now or in thirty minutes?" His voice, for some reason, is calm. It makes my erratic beating heart calm down. I nod my head at him and silence falls upon us. I wait for him to say something, but he just turns on his heels and goes back into his room.

Dialing a number on the phone laid out on my desk, it rings several times before a woman with a soothing voice picks up. I introduce myself and explain to her that Mr. Sanchez can be in a meeting with Wyatt (referred as Mr. Wyatt by me, as I don't want to come off as personally closed with him) within thirty minutes. The woman agrees and puts me on hold for a couple of seconds before she goes back and says that they're on their way. I pull up Wyatt's name on his Skype and message him, keeping it simple.

They said they're on their way.

Thanks... is his only reply.

For some reason, I want to ask him about how he's going. My fingers are itching to type it, to send the message to him, but I will myself not to do that. Being close to Wyatt is dangerous. Even though he's not doing anything – just being his usual self, he affects me.

The dinner last Saturday never happened. Kevin and I didn't hang out. I was just alone in my unit, still thinking things while the image of Wyatt kissing me flooding me. It made my heart race, and I was really scared. I shut my phone off, not wanting to engage myself with anything. I didn't even call my parents, but I just sent them a quick text message that I was okay and doing good.