Chapter 22

Chapter 22

 We're finally back in Brooklyn.

There's something about Brooklyn that has me considering that it's a home, too. I haven't realized until I came back that I missed this city so much that when we landed after that plane ride, I literally shouted the city's name. Maybe I miss the city lights when I stare right through the window of my unit, or the glinting lights of the Brooklyn Bridge when it's lit up at night. Or maybe it's because of the cars honking at each other during the afternoon rush.

Now it's night time, and I'm sitting on the couch looking outside. The roads are still packed with hustling cars, and the city lights are twinkling brightly. The moon is full, and you can clearly see the stars. The cup of hot chocolate is wrapped around my fingers as I stare outside.

The doorbell rings, and a small smile tugs on my lips. I place my hot chocolate on the table, stand up, and head straight to the door. Every step I take towards the door makes my smile bigger and bigger, and honestly, my heart can only take so much.

When I open the door, a grinning Wyatt greets me. He raises his hands, showing me McDonald's fries and burgers he purchased, and a bottle of wine. I step aside, letting him enter my unit. Once he comes right through the door, I turn to close the door and when I turn back, he's already pushing me back. I blush at the predicament we're in, and based on my view, which is his face, I don't see this stopping anytime soon.

"Hey there," he says huskily as he winks at me. He leans down only to drop gently what he's holding, then his hands begin to caress my face. "You must be Pierce, the guy I'm dating."

"Oh, you're dating me? I guess I got lucky." I tease, grinning.

"Hush," he laughs genuinely before leaning down and kissing me on the mouth.

As usual, his kisses give me butterflies. His lips are gently moving against mine, like those kisses you gave on your teddy bear when you were just a child, like those kisses you would do when you're in love – and he's in love with me.

My hands wrap around his neck, his hands wrapping around my waist, pulling me closer. Wyatt tilts his head to the side to have a better access while kissing me. While his lips are on mine, I can't think of anything to do or say. I can only respond back to his kisses. And oh, I like kissing him. I feel him smiling against our kiss, and I pull away for a second to grin at him before kissing him back again. If you were to tell me that I would be in a make-out session with this guy from the time we were in high school, I would have straight laughed at you and told you you're dumb. Life has many things to offer that surprise you, and this is definitely a surprise. This is a gift.

And Wyatt is my man.

Breathless from the kiss, I pull away again. "The fries. Can't waste that."

"Don't mind the fries,"

"But it's McDonald's fries." I laugh at him, putting my palm on his face to push him. "I haven't eaten yet, and I really like to eat now."

"You can eat me, though." Wyatt grins. I blush, punching him lightly on the chest before grabbing the food he bought. We walk to the living room and I take a seat on the same spot I was sitting on a few minutes ago. Wyatt sits beside me. "Is that a chocolate drink?"

"Yes, want some?" I grab the cup and offer it to him. "It's still warm."

Wyatt reels himself backwards to make some room for himself before wrapping one arm around my waist and grabbing the cup of hot chocolate from my hands, taking a sip. He winks at me and I roll my eyes playfully.