Chapter 26

Wyatt sleeps in my apartment without asking for my permission. He claims that he's already in a relationship with me, so he doesn't need any permission from me to sleep here. In my defense, he's hogging all the bed for himself. Even the comforter.

It's already 8 in the morning, but here I am, still looking at his sleeping figure instead of making a breakfast for us. Wyatt looks so peaceful, like an innocent kid that hasn't had a rough experience, like he doesn't have any problems at all. I've come to learn that Wyatt is a strong person, and despite his lapses, he tries everything he can for a greater outcome. Even though he's an asshole, conceited, and has a big ego, Wyatt has a good side that not everybody sees or notices. He has a good heart.

"Good morning," Wyatt greets groggily as he opens one eye, smiling as soon as he sees me. I purse my lips, resisting the urge to smile as I find him really cute. "How long have you been awake?"

"Hmm," I ponder for a moment. I don't really know how long I've been awake. I smile to myself, realizing that I'm whipped. "Maybe an hour and a half? You looked so at peace, and I didn't want to wake you up."

"So you decided to stare at me for an hour and a half, is that it?" He chuckles at his smartass reply. "You love looking at your handsome boyfriend, don't you?"

"Your ego is shining brighter than the sun, I see."

Wyatt laughs. He slightly leans forward to reach for me, his hands circling around my waist as he pulls me into him. He kisses my temple, and takes a deep, calm breath. I lean forward, letting myself wrapped in his warm embrace. For a moment, we just sit there, hugging at each other as our hearts beat in sync. Wyatt's embrace makes me feel so valued; it makes me feel so important and secured that I don't want to lose his touch.

I turn around, so that my back rests against his naked chest, and we both stare outside through the window of the room, overlooking the view of New York. At this moment, it feels surreal that Ajax Wyatt is my boyfriend. It feels surreal that he's gay, and has feelings for me since high school. Who would have thought that the jock back in high school was secretly gay and was harboring feelings for me.

"I'm hungry,"

"We have cereals,"

"All right," he grins.

Wyatt prances around the apartment half-naked. He gets us two bowls while I get Cornflakes cereals that's in the cupboard. He prepares us coffee while I take pictures of him as he works in my kitchen. All the while he watches me with a huge smile plastered on his face. He makes weird and funny faces, and the entire time, I'm happy.

Once our breakfast is prepared, we both eat together while still goofing around. At this moment, as we both look at each other, it appears that we haven't faced a lot of issues in our lives. It appears that we were just two people in love with each other.

As I stare at him, I realize that I must proceed with the resignation. It's against the rules of the company for someone to be in a relationship with their superior, and Wyatt is my superior. So if everyone knows that there's something going on between me and Wyatt, and I'm still employed, then that's going to be a scandal.

"What are you thinking?"

"Huh? Nothing."

"I've known you since high school, Pierce." Wyatt rolls his eyes, dropping his spoon. He crosses his arms against his chest and looks at me with a raised brow. "I know when something's bothering you."

"I need to proceed with my resignation,"

Wyatt takes a deep breath and shakes his head, annoyance clearly evident on his face. He runs a hand across his face. "We've talked about this."