Chapter 12

Author's Note: Good morning, babies! I'm back. I just published this chapter at exactly 11/19/2018, 10:18 AM. I've been writing since 2 in the morning, and my eyes are tired. Our baby Pierce is going on a date on this chapter and I hope you like it.

 Our baby Pierce is going on a date on this chapter and I hope you like it

Instagram: cory_bower | Pierson Matthews

Twitter: JMSenar
Instagram: JMSenar

Word count: 4,447

******

Chapter 12

"Melody, I've never been on a date before!"

We've been arguing for an hour now when she came barging here in my unit, demanding to see my date attire. When I told her I didn't put much attention on what I'm going to wear, she freaked out and said that I should be worrying about my clothes. She told me on the first date, I should not come off as too stylish or too... bland. It should be somewhere in between. An in-between where he thinks you don't look uncool, but you're totally cool, and that you're just a go-with-the-flow guy. But I've never been interested with dates before. I mean, okay, cool that you're going on a date... with some random stranger, that's fine. But I just don't get why you need to alter yourself for a bit just so your date can find you interesting and be into you. That's just a big nope.

My best friend rolls her eyes as she inspects my flannel shirts ranging from grey to blue to red that are hung in the cabinet and the grey pants and jeans that I have. She also eyes the colorful and black and white shirts and shorts that I have folded neatly just under the hanged shirts. Melody has this thoughtful look on her face, the time you see when she overthinks something. This time, she's putting a lot of thought on what I should wear for this date, which will happen in about a few hours – 3 hours to be exact.

"Pierce, you've been on a date before." She laments and I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

While it's true that I've been on a date before, it ended up as a disaster. A catastrophe waiting to happen, as what Melody said before when she learned that I accidentally splashed my pineapple juice on Kyle's shirt when we were having a date. Kyle is way out of my league, but we tried anyway. But our attitudes, beliefs, and style just didn't match and we didn't totally click so we decided to just end things before it escalated to something we'd have a hard time getting out of.

"But it's not a real date." I state and Melody looks at me like I'm the stupidest person she has ever met in her whole existence called life. "The date with Kyle doesn't count. It's not official."

"Hun, just because you kind of ruined the date with him, doesn't mean it's not a real date."

She rolls her eyes again and grabs faded red and white flannel shirt and hovers it on my body, inspecting if it looks good. I can practically see the gears working in her head, turning slowly and clicking. She smiles as if she figures it all out. Melody grabs a folded grey shirt and jeans. She lays it all out on the bed and her smile widens. She turns to me and the clothes then back to me.