Chapter 23

So I end up telling my best friend everything she wants to know from the start since she saw Wyatt and I spooning each other. Wyatt, on the other hand, has already left my unit, wearing the same clothes he was wearing yesterday when he came here. But after he left, he gave me a chaste kiss that left me breathless in front of my best friend, who screamed her throat out.

While I know that I feel comfortable showing him as my boyfriend, and that's he's mine, I'm thinking that he may be accepting this a little bit faster. For someone who just came upon the realization that he's been into men his whole life, he's taking this really well. And honestly, I can't help but think that maybe he's a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

The pressure is going to be there.

I don't want him to feel like he has to show me off to everyone, because I'll be okay. If he's ready, then I'm ready, too. He doesn't need to come out immediately, or rather, he doesn't need to come out at all because he doesn't need to explain this to everyone. I know we get a sense of relief when we tell people who we are, especially when they accept us, but that scenario doesn't apply always. But whatever his decision is, I'll support him no matter what.

"So this has been going on for a while now?" Melody asks me, practically glaring daggers at me. I offer her a peace sign. "And you didn't tell me?"

"In my defense, how could I tell you?" I reason out. "That guy was still in a dark place, and he was trying to find himself. I couldn't tell you about that."

Melody keeps glaring at me.

"Okay, I admit, I already sensed that he was dropping hints to me." I say exasperatedly. I'm not obligated to tell her anything that I don't want, but since she's my best friend and has a special place in my heart, she feels required to know everything about me, and I feel required to know everything about her. "But the romance and everything, it just happened suddenly. We went home in Texas, then the party happened, and then suddenly, he was kissing me, and we were both crying, and then he told me everything and this led to us being boyfriends."

My best friend sits beside me and wraps her arms around me. She knows what I've emotional stress I've gone through, because she knows that I had a bad history with Wyatt. I take her hand and shut my eyes. I'm glad to have a friend like her in my life. She's rare to have.

"Let me know if that bastard hurt you," Melody says with conviction.

I let out a chuckle. "You'll be the first one to know, and once you do, please kick his butt."

"With pleasure," she unwraps her arms around me and bows down.

We talk for a little while, telling how much we've missed each other. We missed a lot of fun when we were back at Texas since everyone was catching up with our parents. Melody missed her parents just as much as I did, and I wouldn't want to take her precious time with her parents since we only had a few. But somehow, Wyatt managed to squeeze into my schedule when I was supposed to be having fun with my parents alone.

Melody has mentioned Kevin unknowingly, and there's a twitch in my heart. Questions have been raised in my head now that his name has been brought up. Am I leading Kevin on? Should I tell him that I'm exclusively dating Wyatt now? Is it okay to let him know that Wyatt is gay and is in a relationship with me?

It's actually infuriating since Kevin is really a good guy, and he deserves a lot more. He has shown interest to me, and he's man enough to admit that he likes me. Wyatt... Wyatt has done a completely different thing, but I still chose him. Maybe it happens a lot - I chose the bad guy over the good guy. But I wouldn't change a thing. I'm always going to choose Wyatt.