Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Sunday is really a boring day for me. This day means I'm obligated to clean the house, do the laundry, go grocery shopping (since I just got paid last Friday), and attempt to relax after doing the things I need to do today. Melody can't come over since she's busy with Matt. Apparently, they began going on dates and I'm not sure when it all started. One minute Matt was basically begging for my best friend's "yes", then the next thing they are letting everyone know they are dating.

I'm happy for them, really, especially for Matt.

He's been after my best friend for quite some time now and he's pretty serious about her. What guy would even willingly wait for a girl to say yes to him for a long time? The answer is Matt. Melody deserves Matt and Donnie, her high school ex-boyfriend, can rot in hell for cheating on her with the school's slut.

This day is just beginning to exhaust me when my phone rings on the table in the living room. I head over there and see who's calling me in the morning. My phone's screen is lightning up, and Kevin's name is flashing in bold letters. Last night, before I went to sleep (which took like, 3 hours of tossing around the bed), I saved his number with full details – like his name, email address, other contact number (leaving it N/A), and which company he's working for.

Am I the only who likes the details of a contact number filled out?

The only thing that isn't on his contact number is his face. I have yet to take a picture of him, or grab a picture of him on Facebook, so I can save it on his contact number.

"Hey Kevin, what's up?" I greet him giddily, quite happy that someone calls me on a Sunday morning. Usually it's Melody greeting me through text, but this time, it's someone else. It's really a nice feeling. But today, she forgot to message me, I guess. She's with Matt this early. "Good morning."

I hear him chuckle on the other end. "Good morning. I was just wondering if you want to hang out today. This day is killing me."

Frowning, I think back of the things I need today, and I can't delay them, and I immediately shake my head. I've still got some laundry to do, and those are tough to do. My mother taught me how to do the laundry when I was in high school, and she made me do it several times – just my own clothes, though. She said when I moved out, I would do these things alone, and she wouldn't be there to help. I'm glad I took her teaching to heart and it makes me capable of living by myself alone. But that doesn't mean I enjoy doing it. It sucks because I still have to segregate the white clothes from the colored ones and me doing it is messy because I normally throw it around the floor, which means I have to pick it up later for washing. And when I throw stuff, sometimes it ends up at the far end of the room. I know, stupid me.

"I can't," I respond, frowning more when a thought pops inside my head about ditching Sunday stuff. This can't be delayed; especially the laundry, or else he wouldn't have clothes to wear for work. "I've got some things to do today at home, like cleaning and doing the laundry."

"Oh, let me help you then." Kevin offers his voice a bit high and I arch a brow though he can't see me. "I've got nothing to do today. I took my clothes to the laundry shop so I wouldn't have to do it myself."

"Lazy ass," I chortle, shaking my head. "I don't want taking my clothes to the laundry shop. God knows what they are doing to the clothes."

"Oh shut up," he shots back, chuckling. "So are you taking the offer?"

I pretend to think for a couple of seconds. It's not like I need help doing this stuff, but I want someone to hangout with today just to kill time, and it seems like Kevin is likely the one to entertain me today. Plus, I can take this to my advantage so I'd get done as fast as possible today, which means I may have time to send out cash to my parents. It's not that they need it – no, they are practically begging me to keep my money, but I refuse. I feel like I'm obligated to support them because I owe them that much, practically my whole life, that's why I'm doing this.