Chapter 2

"Step into the room like it's a catwalk," I sing as I get out the bathroom in a diva way. I laugh to myself, finding myself so ridiculous. Good thing Melody is still stuck with me. After all, she's pretty much crazy herself, too. I wonder if she and Matt did the naughty thing.

Looking through the window, at the magnificent view of the Brooklyn Bridge, where cars move fast, in a blink, the sun angling at its direction, giving it a look of something angels would walk on. I smile to myself, feeling that today is going to be a good day. I have done my work yesterday, and did some work yesterday for today's shift, which leaves me just a few tasks for today.

This is where Melody and I differ; I work so much, she works less. She does the job only for today, and if she has a spare time, she consumes with a non-work related thing, like Matt whereas I continue to do my job nonstop. I would only stop to get some coffee, to just have a chat with Melody when I'm feeling bored then I'd go back to work once it seems that I'm being unproductive, or when I need to pee or eat.

Today we're going to meet the new CEO of the company as well, and I can't wait to him. Based on Mr. McKenzie's email, the man who's going to take over his position is great – that's basically it, right? Also it seems like Mr. McKenzie is excited to let everyone know who's going to take over his position. Questions run inside my head in one go, being put on pending, like there's a traffic made of questions in my head. What does he look like? Is he young? Is he old? Is he great? Questions like that.

Unwrapping the towel around me, the towel dropping on the floor, I get my white polo shirt that is hanging at the back of the door and a white and fit pants. I never really much into fashion, considering I only buy polo shirts, t-shirts, V-necks, and no, I don't have suits. In fact the last time I wore a suit is when I was in a High School – promenade party. To everyone, to my classmates, to every High School student, that would be the most party they're going to be excited for. I wasn't. I never was. I never liked going to the prom of Jacksonville High School. Just thinking about the promenade party makes me frown, remembering when my number one bully slash enemy was making fun of me everyone. Had Melody not interfered and protected me, I would have been in a deeper mess. But Melody, being the hero she is to me, being Melody, threatened that she was going to report them to the dean and had the promenade party cancelled if they didn't stop making fun of me. They did stop. But that didn't stop them from giving me disgusted and mockingly looks.

I only purchase skinny jeans, and shorts. That's it. For shoes, I only have three black shoes, five rubber shoes, and slippers. Melody is always being persistent when it comes to fashion; she always insists me to buy this and buy that because it would look good on me. I already know I look good (I'm not full of myself, just stating a fact!). Melody always calls me fashionless, or unfashionistaidiot. I'm now anticipating the look when she sees me wearing only a plain white polo shirt and a white pants, and a white shoes. She's going to look at me like I've grown another head. Good thing I have my own weapon: She and Matt must have already done the naughty thing, and I could use that as a weapon. Grinning to myself, I fist my hand and punch the air.

When I arrive at work, my colleagues are pretty much in a good work. Even the grumpy janitor Ernie. Ernie whistles as he mops the floor, whistling a song I don't recognize. Ernie is this guy with a bald head, doesn't have a wife or a kid, and pretty much living by himself. He's, like, in his mid-30s, I guess. He tips his imaginary hat at me in acknowledgement, and I do the same, smiling brightly at him.

"Oh, the unfashionistaidiot is here," Melody says as Matt wraps his arms around her waist. "Good morning, Pierce." She greets me, walking towards my direction and giving me a kiss on the cheek. She earns a frown from me.

Making a face at her, I say "Yuck," and she just rolls her eyes at me like a Queen she is. "Good morning, too, ass-face." I greet her, chuckling. Matt is too caught up at staring at my best friend he doesn't have time to acknowledge my presence. Too whipped, I think. I put my bag on the top of the desk just beside the stack of papers beside the monitor, and sit comfortably on my chair. I turn on my computer.