Chapter 4

That bitch. I can't believe he's working in the company, and worse, he's the new CEO. How will I be able to compete with that? He can fire me – well, not prematurely fire me, but still, he knows his way. He has ways to fire me. But I doubt he would really fire me, considering he wants to see me fail and be miserable. After our encounter in that company event, after he threw a shit at me, I immediately left and now, Matt, Melody, and I are at a club just near the company. I've already had a few tequila shots, and the nausea is already hitting my head. I'm not really much of a drinker, and if I take a few more, no doubt my friends would have to literally drag me outside and take me home.

My best friend is looking at me with a worried look in her eyes because she knows how much I was affected when that bitch was bullying me in high school, and how it really affected my life and self-confidence. Melody sighs out loud, showing her disappointment, but she never dares to stop me from drinking. She knows I only need a lookout today, and stopping me from doing what I really want – need – right now is going to blow up in her face.

"I can't deal with him," I slur as I take another shot of tequila, the alcohol burning my throat as it makes its way into my stomach. I squint my eyes, feeling the sour taste on my tongue. I shake my head, hoping the dizziness will come off. "That bastard is a spawn of Satan himself. Nope, I really think he's the reincarnation of the devil himself who wants to ruin my life. No surprise there." I take another shot.

And another shot.

And another shot.

And another shot.

Until my head is spinning and I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, feeling all sort of emotions – angry, upset, mad, frustrated and for once, alcohol is the one making me happy. I'm pretty I'm doing some dumb stuff too, like dancing with a male stranger, partying like a freak, and taking more tequila and vodka shots, which I'm sure I'll be suffering tomorrow, but hey, who cares? Tonight is what matters. This is about me and my feeling so everyone can fuck off and leave me alone. That would be quite hard, honestly. See, I'm the one who keeps walking up to them. I think I'm drunk.

My vision gets blurry and I can't make out the party music that is blasting through the loud speakers located in the corners of the club. Melody's face is near mine and the worried look never leaves her face. Her brows are furrowed, her cheeks slightly pink – I'm guessing she has consumed a few alcoholic beverages.

"I can't believe my new boss is hot," Yep. My head is not working right.

"Oh my God, Matt!" Melody yells, her head frantically shakes as she searches for her boyfriend. I don't know if they are together already. A few seconds later, Matt appears. "We need to take him home. He's really drunk. Damn it, good thing we did this on a Saturday night and not on Sunday. He wouldn't be able to go to work. Hold him."

"I still want to drink." I whine, shaking my head. Matt grabs my arm and guides it around his neck for my support. I remove it, still shaking my head. "I know I'm drunk, but I still want to have fun. It's Sunday tomorrow and I can rest the whole day."

"Enough." My best friend glares daggers at me, shaking her head, her bangs flying in the process.

And so they help me up. Both of my arms are slung around them to support me since I wobble when I walk. There's a look of disgust in my best friend's face, probably smelling the strong scent of alcohol on me. Matt's car is just parked across the curb. So he immediately unlatches my arm from his neck and runs to his car and opens the passenger seat door, and they both throw me inside. I groan when my back hits the other door and make myself comfortable. Once we're all settled, Matt hits the road and they both agree to sleep in my unit, just in case I need some help. I'm too drunk to even care.