Chapter 11

Author's Note: Chapter 11 has been published and I hope you all love it! I made this chapter a bit longer than the previous one, and I swear I WAS SMILING A LOT. I'm been AWOL for like, two weeks because I've been so busy with work and I've been reading books by Adam Silvera (author of They Both Die At The End) and Becky Albertalli (author of Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda) and I got the chance to meet them and have my books signed!!!! Seriously I'm in love with them and I love how they write. They're so cute!!

Word count: 4,184

Instagram: JMSenar
Twitter: JMSenar

******

Chapter 11

I wake up feeling shitty.

My back hurts but not to the point I can't get up. I also have runny nose, and I'm not sure what medicine to take. I would have to call my mother as she knows what I should take. I'm not a big fan of medicines. Before when I was still living with my parents, whenever I got sick, she would simply look at me and immediately knew what the reason was. Parents, especially mothers, have powers like that.

And I'd kill just for her to be here.

Here I am, six in the morning, calling my mother who's supposed to be sleeping at this time. The phone rings several times before she picks up with a groggy voice.

"Sweetie, is something the matter?" I imagine her yawning and stretching her legs out, the first thing she always does in the morning. Then she'd wake dad up and they'd both get in the kitchen to prepare our morning breakfast. I want to go home.

"I feel like a shit,"

"Language."

"Don't go Captain America on me, I'm sick." I tell her and she remains quiet. I already imagine her panicking because her baby, which is me, needs her help but unable to tend him. "My back hurts, and I have a runny nose. And you know, my legs are getting cold for no reason. The symptoms, mom. You know I'm going to get sick. But I'm going to be fine. What medicine I should take?"

I hear her sighing in relief. "Take bioflu. That should be enough. Make sure you eat first before taking it, alright? And oh, good morning. I'm glad you called. Your father and I have some things to do today. Alarm didn't wake us up."

"Good morning. What are your plans today?"

"Oh, we'd just buy some decors for the house. We need to be early. It's mega sale."

"Decors for?"

"The house! Are you even listening? Active listening, Pierce. Active listening."

"Mom, I know it's for the house. What I'm asking is why are you going to put decors for the house?" Sometimes my mom can be a real ass. But hey, I'm the same. Her attitude is just like mine, but altered a bit. "It's just September, and Halloween is not near yet."

"It is for the Halloween. And Christmas." She chimes, and I can practically see her grinning.

"Are you serious, mom?"

"Yes, oh, your father is waking up."

"Say good morning for me to him,"

"I will. I need to go. If you have time later, call me on Messenger, and we'd video chat." She sounds excited and I hear her yelling at my dad for not waking up when the alarm went off and I hear my dad grumbling under his breath. "Love you!"