Chapter 15

Author's Note: Finally Chapter 15 is out! I spent like almost 5 hours writing this. With lots of breaks.  Next chapter is going to be exciting! Trust me. 

Word count: 3,057

******

Chapter 15

This is finally the day we're going to my hometown to attend a stupid reunion party with the people I went with in high school. Jacksonville High School. Oh I hate that place. Not really, I'm just being dramatic. I've got a lot of memories in there – good ones and bad ones, mixing together. Melody and I went there, and we shared special moments with our friends, and well, I hate to admit it, but also with her ex-boyfriend Donnie, who may or may not be there. I hope it's the latter.

Donnie may be a dick, but he's in a special place in Melody's heart. After all, Donnie is her first boyfriend ever. First love. First heart break. First ex-boyfriend. Second favorite person, next to me. Not until they broke up.

I made sure to pack all the necessary stuff for this trip, and the things I've bought here in New York and present them as gifts to my parents, like keychains, a mini statue of the Statue of Liberty, and pictures in frames of some of New York's best places. My mom would love them as she's a big fan of these things, especially the keychains. She's a collector. She's got a bunch of collection of keychains, from animals to buildings like the twin towers in Malaysia.

I really didn't pack a lot of clothes, considering I've still got my old clothes back in my home in Texas. Some may never fit since I've gotten a big bigger, but I have some clothes that were a bit big when I first bought them.

My parents are not aware that I'm going home for a week, and I'll be home in a few hours. I realize that I miss them so much that I just want to ditch everything and stay in their loving care, even though I'm an adult already. I miss my mom's morning chocolate pancakes, dad's chocolate drink every morning, and their bickering when they think that there's something troubling me. I miss my old room, my bed, the favorite couch I used to sit on when I was watching my favorite show, the cute mini pig I purchased when I was in fourth grade and displayed it on my mother's bookshelf, and my dad's car toy collections I placed on my desk in my room. I miss all of it.

"Excited?" Matt asks me as he offers his Cheetos, Jalapeno flavor, to me.

I nod my head furiously, beaming as I take a handful of Cheetos. He chuckles and takes a seat on one of the metal chairs. We're here at JFK Airport and we're just waiting for our flight, which is about an hour from now. Matt also got the chance to take days off for a week, of course, with an approval of Wyatt. Melody talked to Wyatt and pushed it, and Wyatt agreed without hearing here. She just said that she'd like to invite her boyfriend, and Wyatt just shrugged and nodded his head. It also means that Matt is going to be her date in the reunion, and that's allowed.

"I couldn't care less about that stupid reunion party, but I'm going home, in Texas!" I grin.

Matt lets out another chuckle as he shoves a handful of Cheetos in his mouth. Melody takes a seat beside her boyfriend and kisses his cheek, then she squeals when our eyes meet. She is just as excited as I am. She fishes her phone, opens the camera while slapping his boyfriend's forearm – Matt looks, then takes a picture of us all grinning.

"Finally, away from work-stress!" My best friend half-yells and leans her head down on her boyfriend's shoulder. Matt positions himself, turns his head a bit, and places a gentle kiss on Melody's forehead. "Thank you for coming with us."