Chapter 25

I've been ignoring Wyatt for the past couple of days. The last time I've talked to him was the last time Mia went to the apartment. He's been calling me, texting me, and all I can do is to stare at the screen of my phone without responding back.

In my defense, Wyatt hasn't really visited me after the incident. I guess he just doesn't have time considering what happened. The entire time, I've been thinking that maybe they are trying to fix their relationship, save what is left, and move on together.

That thought hurts. It really hurts.

My friends already know what happened, and Melody has already come visited me several times just to comfort me. She's the only person I response back to. I actually ignored her the first time she texted me, asking me how I was feeling. I got an earful from her that evening when she came barging into my apartment, and decided to have an explanation. It's hard dealing with her sometimes. But I'm glad she keeps pushing me out of my misery zone.

As of this moment, I'm staring at the screen of my computer. I just got back today while Wyatt hasn't returned to work yet. Unfortunately, he has had a lot of missed schedules last week. I'm already finished sending out emails, and every once in a while, I keep receiving new emails asking where Wyatt is and they're pushing through their business deal, or if Wyatt has free time. I'm sounding like a broken record in my emails, telling them that Wyatt is currently out of the office indefinitely and that I'll make sure he'll be notified.

But the reality?

I don't know when he's going to come back. I don't even know how I'm going to contact him without seeming like a complete jealous, bitter ex-wife. After all, I've ignored all of his calls and messages, so I think it's not appropriate to send him messages about his missed schedules.

A bullshit reason, but it's still considered a reason. Whoever says it's not, then they can go fuck themselves.

To be honest, I don't even know why I still decided to come back for work when I know this place is not good for my health at the moment. Wyatt and Mia can come here anytime, and I can't afford to see them both during this hard time. Just thinking about them makes me feel sick, like I'm ready to vomit.

I've done bad things in my life, but never this bad. Even though I just met Mia, I can tell she was a good person. She doesn't deserve to be lied to, doesn't deserve to be in pain, and doesn't deserve to be cheated on. Mia has been a wonderful person, a faithful girlfriend to Wyatt, and it's my fault that Wyatt cheated on her with me. Had I been able to control myself, this wouldn't have happened. I should have tried resisting my feelings for Wyatt. I should have tried harder.

Without putting as much thought on it, I open the Word file and start to write my resignation letter. I should have done this a long time ago. Things will not go back to the way it used to be, even if I send this resignation letter to my boss, but it will surely help the three of us – me, Wyatt, and Mia.

It's time that I go back to my hometown, be with my parents. There's no doubt I can find a job there. I've been in the corporate world, I have a lot of experiences, so it's not going to be hard finding a job. I can live again with my parents. I can take of them while I work. At least I don't have to worry them always.

Think about it, there's always a bright side.

After this, I can be a free man. I can go to a bar – a gay bar, maybe. Have a couple of drinks with good and fine lads, or hook up with someone interested. I can even go out of town, surely that would be fantastic. It could help me breathe better. I need this. I need to be alone just for a few days.