Chapter 27

"Okay, how was your interview?" Kevin asks as he takes a spoonful of his chocolate ice cream, shoving it into his mouth. He shuts his eyes, exhaling as he gets a brain-freeze. "Shit."

I roll my eyes at his silliness, but I find myself smiling.

Kevin took the day off today just to accompany to find a new job. I've been searching online, but nothing was coming up. I did find a few good jobs online, but they offer low so I had to decline those offers. Unfortunately, I'm left with having to do walk-ins so I can bargain. For goodness' sake, I was a former secretary of a CEO, so that should account for something.

My last day was last Friday, and Wyatt threw a tantrum about it. He said that I should have a 30-day rendering for the company. I actually submitted my resignation letter, noting that I'd only stay for a week. The idiot did not read my letter, and signed it immediately.

Wyatt did not talk to me for a day, but later on called me before the day ended, stating that "he couldn't stay mad at me and was waiting for me to come around but I didn't so he had to say sorry". Look at that asshole – the nerve to say those words to me.

Wyatt moved into my apartment four days ago. He said that from that day onwards, we'd share bills and stuff. He also brought a lot of stuff, mainly clothes and a few toys (not adult toys, though, just to clear that out) that he has been collecting since he came to New York. His precious collections are figurines from DC Comics, mostly villains.

"It went well, I guess." I tell Kevin, pushing my head back and letting out a big sight. "Or not, I don't know. When I was being asked what I could contribute to the company, I literally stopped saying anything for about 5 minutes. My mind just went... blank. And now, thinking about it, I know I fucked it up."

"Hey, no need to feel bad about it."

"And why is that?"

"Hmm," Kevin hums as shoves another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth. He lets out a breath before saying, "well, for one, a lot of people get anxious or nervous when they are being interviewed. "Do you know what I have realized?"

"What have you realized?"

"Despite how many times you ready yourself for something, you will never be 100% ready once you're in the scene, and that shit will eat you off if you don't fix yourself up immediately."

"Wise words, Kevin." I tease him, and he rolls his eyes playfully.

"Don't think much about it."

"I won't,"

"If they don't hire you, that's not the end of the world." Kevin stands up, stretching his arms out. He grunts before releasing a relieving sigh. "Maybe they haven't seen any potential traits that would be a big contribution to the company. But there's a lot of company out there that would see you as you."

Kevin looks at me, and gives me the biggest grin he could give. I smile back, feeling jittery all of a sudden. It's not because I like him or something, but sometimes, you have those friends that will make you feel very important. Happiness doesn't always come from your boyfriend or girlfriend, but most of the time, it comes from your most trusted friends.

I'm done with interviews for the day, but I've got a few interviews tomorrow. Unfortunately, Kevin wouldn't be able to accompany me. Melody and Matt are not available as well as they have to do their monthsary thing. But Melody does always send me messages about her adventures with Matt.

She also threw a despedida party before my last day on the company ended. She bought a cake and made coffee jelly while Matt brought spaghetti. I never knew a lot of people know in that company. All along, I thought I was being stealthy and hadn't been recognized. But it turned out I was actually pretty famous, especially back at my previous post before I got hired as Wyatt's secretary.