Brooklyn Nights (BxB)

By OralKel

Pierson "Pierce" Matthews is living in the city of Brooklyn where he can see the majestic view of the Brookly... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Last Chapter]

Chapter 17

6.3K 292 55
By OralKel

Chapter 17

Later that night, I come home alone. When the pie got delivered, while Wyatt was out of my sight and after that embarrassing moment we shared, I gave them to Melissa and she was so thankful for it. And she said that it only not made her happy, but it made Wyatt happy too. I only think that it's because his mom is happy, that's why he's happy too. I never put much thought about it, and I never plan to do so.

I lie down on my bed, sprawled, while staring at the ceiling with a heavy heart and droopy eyes. My heart is still beating painfully, pounding against my chest, and the more I will myself to calm it down, the heavier it gets. I hug the pillow tight, pulling it closer to me, and I shut my eyes.

Wyatt is inside my head, and he's been there ever since, haunting every part of my brain, and I can't do anything to stop it. He's like a storm coming my way, and I'm the idiot guy waiting for it, walking towards it with open arms – vulnerable and hopeful.

My phone rings loudly on the nightstand beside my bed, and my eyes fly open and I immediately roll over towards it to pick it up. Wyatt's name flashes across the screen, blinking brightly, and I purse my lips. He wasn't aware that I've gone home already. He might be pissed at me. I look at the flashing screen of my phone before putting it back on the nightstand, still ringing, and I just look at my phone with a heavy heart. I give a small sad smile to myself, pitying myself for being so weak when it comes to my feelings and to Wyatt. My phone stops ringing, only for it to ring again for the second time. Again, his name is flashing brightly on the screen. I just roll over the bed and hug my pillow tight, pretending that my phone isn't ringing and he isn't calling me, that I don't know any Wyatt in my life, and even though it's hurting me, I need it. I need it to save myself.

That night, I sleep crying my eyes out while Wyatt is still calling me.

"You've been crying." My mom says worriedly as she cups my cheeks in a motherly manner, one thing I've missed the most from her. She rubs her thumb across my cheek and gives me a small smile.

"I'm alright, mom." I tell her. And it's true. "Last night was just so fun and personal moments were shared and it just made me a bit sad and happy. It was a mixed feelings, really. You know how I get all emotional." I let out a chuckle.

"We raised you. We know. We just wanted to make sure."

My dad pats my shoulder and offers me a mug of hot chocolate, to which I take gladly and thank him. My mom beams as she motions for me to take a seat. She serves a plate of Hungarian sausage on the table, buttered corn, and an omelet with lots of tomatoes and onions. My dad and I love these breakfasts very much.

Dad stabs a sausage with his fork, and mom glares at him, making him put the sausage back on a plate. I suppress a laugh and dad coughs. Mom likes to put all the things needed on the table first before eating, and dad likes to break that tradition.

Once everything is placed on the table, we say a little prayer before digging in. Mom beams at me while pushing the sausages closer to my plate, and ignores dad's attempts to get some. Her priority is me, and she promised me that she'd cook me my favorite foods. I love that.

"So how was the party last night?" Mom asks me.

"Like I said, it was pretty emotional. There were a lot of things going on, and moments were shared, and it was kind of moving." I tell her honestly.

"Did she like the pie?"

"Oh, I have yet to ask her, but she was excited to dig in last night." I let out a chuckle when I remember Melissa's face lighting up as I delivered the pie to her. "I'm sure she loved it. I'll let you know once I have the news. And thank you for helping me bake that pie."

"You're welcome, and I made that extra special."

"True. I wish she would have baked for us, but no, she had to make only one." Dad rolls his eyes playfully at my mom, and mom kicks him in the shin. Dad groans, accidentally knocking the table. Chocolate spilled a bit on the table. "That hurts."

"That's because you're being an ungrateful human being."

"I only said what's true!"

"I bake a lot of delicacies, but you like to waste them!" Mom tries to kick dad on the shin again and dad attempts to block it, but ends up knocking his knee on the table. He lets out a groan. "That's what you get for being annoying in the morning."

Grinning at the both of them, I ignore their morning bickering as I get a spoonful of buttered corn. I take a pinch of salt and sprinkle it on the corn. Weird, but I like the taste of it. Salty and sweet. Dad and mom go back to being the lovey-dovey they are, and I pay them little attention as I eat my breakfast. I'm really lucky to have my parents. They have always been my rock, and if I have problems, I run to them and cry my heart out.

Dad busies himself with his food while reading the newspaper, casually taking a sip of his hot chocolate. Mom touches my hand, smiles brightly, and kisses me on my cheek. In just about four days, we're going back to Brooklyn, which means I'll be gone for probably six months or so away from them. The thought of leaving my parents again is making me sad – my leaving is inevitable. I have to go to work so I can earn money and support them, and buy whatever they need.

"You've lost a bit of a weigh, go eat some more." Mom pushes me the sausages and I remember what she did yesterday. She offered all kinds of food to me, and I had to stop her because she was throwing everything all at once.

While I stopped Melissa, I'm not going to stop my mom. She missed me a lot, and I missed her cooking so much I'm not going to let it pass. I nod at her and eat whatever she has to offer. The smile on her face makes me really happy, even though my heart is painfully beating. I should tell her about Wyatt, and she'll give me whatever I need to hear. In the end, I know she's going to support any decision I make – both her and dad, and that's enough.

After the breakfast, we head to the living room and dad configures the DVD, putting a disk in it. We take a seat on the couch, and dad plays the movie. It's The Sound of Music, and we've always loved this movie and the songs in it.

It's six in the evening and I have received a lot of missed calls and texts from Wyatt, and I didn't bother answering them. I'm already freaking out because Wyatt is going to be there and facing him is inevitable.

I could stay here in this house and not go to that stupid reunion party but that would mean upsetting Melody and the others because this is why we came home – so we could attend this school reunion party and to catch up with old friends and enemies and other acquaintances. I let out a sigh and decide that it's better to get this done. There's going to be a lot of people out there and maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't have to face Wyatt and deal with whatever happened last night. His old friends are going to be there too, I guess, so they'd want Wyatt around them. Especially now that he's become a public figure who earns a lot as he's the CEO of a big company, a company that thrives for success. So I guess that's a bonus for me.

Sighing out loud, I step into the shower and let the cold water soak me while my thoughts are still invading my head. I shut my eyes as the water cascade down my body while I let the thoughts inside my head run freely. Wyatt, Kevin, Matt, Melody. I have Melody. Nothing could go wrong in that party, right?

I hope so.

Melody texted me asking where I was. I told her I'd be in the school as soon as possible. I'm currently standing at the parking lot, unable to move forward. My heart is still pounding hard against my chest. They are already in there. Melody also said to me that both Kevin and Wyatt are looking for me. See, this is why I don't want to go. That wasn't the real reason before, but it is now.

Taking a deep breath and mustering a courage, as well as praying to every deity I know to protect me from harm and embarrassment, I walk with confidence towards the main entrance door of Jacksonville High School – the same school I sort of despise, and hold my head up high.

The school has changed a lot. The wall paintings were white before, but now they are painted with light blue. Bulletin boards are lined up the wall, with posters of several announcements for mathematic and music club, and the annual "The most handsome guy..." announcement of winner. I chuckle at that, seeing the contestants' faces. They are nowhere as handsome as Wyatt when he won that title. Yes, they are cute and handsome and a pretty good contender, but Wyatt could destroy them all. I'm not being biased; I'm only telling the truth. And a fact.

From here, I can hear already the distant chattering of the people and the background music. I take cautious steps through the empty hallway, all the lights are on, towards the football field where the reunion is happening.

"Pierce!"

I jolt in surprise, glaring daggers at Kevin. He gives me a sheepish smile as he walks towards me. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest. Kevin slings his arms around my neck and practically drags me to the party that I've been dreading since this morning. I hate that I have to go this reunion, but it's not like I have a choice at all.

"You're cute in your outfit," Kevin compliments and I hang my head low, quite embarrassed about his comment. My heart somersaults and I hide a smile. "I like your maroon sweater, and your pants. I like your pants."

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me. You look good in anything."

Ah, my heart. Kevin gives me a winner smile and gently takes my arm, leading the way to the field. I let out a sigh and grin at Kevin. I may not like this reunion party, but I might as well enjoy it with my friends. Melody, my best friend; Matt, the most chill guy I have ever met; Kevin who's the coolest of them all. This night isn't going to ruin anything. My friends are here, and that's all that matters. With a huge smile on my face and a newfound determination, I walk out in the field with a single thought in my head: I'm going to get drunk and enjoy the night.

As soon as I get out there, everyone's faces light up as they immediately recognize who they see coming. I wasn't really as famous as Wyatt back then, but people knew me as the one who always took Wyatt's limelight spot. So yeah, I was quite well known.

Everyone greets me as if I'm some sort of a celebrity; they are hugging me, kissing my cheeks, and commenting how I look so hot and good, especially from the girls. Some of them are familiar to me, but most of them are not. But they do know me. After all, I participated in spelling quiz bee, mathematics club, English literary, and etcetera.

There's a loud music playing, I Like It Better playing through the big speakers set up around the big and wide open field. The people are either dressed casually or semi-formal, but none look too casual or formal. Everyone is having a good time, as you can see on their faces, and they have this party vibe going on.

Melody shrieks in delight when she sees me, jumping excitedly as she makes her way towards me. She kisses both my cheeks and gives me a tight hug. I return the gesture and she lets out a sigh.

"Okay, so you're going to tell me why you're late," – I am about to tell her that I've just been thinking when she raises her index finger, signaling me to stop – "but we're going to have fun first because this, my dear best friend, is our reunion!" She hugs me again. "And Wyatt has been looking for you. He kept asking me earlier." She rolls her eyes at that. I purse my lips.

As if on cue, Wyatt shows his face amongst the crowd. His eyes meet mine and my heart slowly beats painfully against my chest. The world stops spinning, and the music begins to fade in the background. Our eyes never leave each other, and when he blinks, his eyes shine as if he has seen the best thing in the world. Which I doubt is me. But still, he looks so fucking handsome. His brown hair is tousled, his dark grey shirt slightly disheveled, his cheeks a bit pinkish, his lips puckered lightly, and his eyes. Don't start me with his fucking eyes. They are the most gorgeous brown eyes I have ever seen in my whole life.

Wyatt starts to weave through the crowd separating us, his eyes never leaving mine, and in his eyes I see the determination, the passion, and the sadness. But before he comes near me, he is whisked away by his friends I recognize. Wyatt looks at me one more time before I break the contact, hoping that I'll never see him again tonight.

After a few more shots of vodka, I know that I'm already in deep shit. My vision is blurry, and the world is spinning, but I can still make out the faces that are in front of me as they laugh and tell jokes. My skull feels like it's being smashed by a huge brick – the headache is getting worst as I take another shot.

But still, even though I want to vomit and vomit all the alcohol drinks I've consumed, I decide that tonight I shouldn't put a limit for myself. I want to push whatever I'm doing, and I'm going to do that with the help of alcohol. Once we get back in Brooklyn, I wouldn't be able to do these things anymore, so why not enjoy while it lasts right?

I grab another shot of vodka despite the headache practically screaming in my ears, and decide to take a piss. I head over inside the school to go to the nearest bathroom. Getting inside the restroom, I decide that I should drink this shot of vodka. I'm about to tip it up my lips when it's taken out of my grip. I look confusedly at the culprit, and find out that it's Wyatt.

"Wyatt..."

"That's enough. You've had enough of this."

Wyatt spills the vodka in the sink, and I follow his movements while my brows are furrowed. It's obvious that I'm drunk, and I want to say to him that I'm not, but that would only make me like a sore loser. I shrug and enter the cubicle, taking a piss. I finally let out a sigh, and once I'm done, I find Wyatt still standing there with a serious expression on his face.

As I turn around, I clumsily step on my own foot and Wyatt's arm shots forward, catching me and pulling me closer to him. Leaning forward, I smell his sweet cologne that invades my nostrils.

"Let's get you home, yeah?" Wyatt gently takes my arm and tugs me, but I still myself. Wyatt furrows his brows at me. I shake my head.

"I don't want to go home." I move forward and hug him, resting my head on his strong chest. Wyatt tenses but immediately relaxes once my arms are wrapped tight around his waist. "I want to get out of here. I don't want to go home, but I want to get out of here."

"You're drunk."

"Stop stating the obvious. I know I'm drunk."

"It's not a good idea to drive out here while you're drunk, and I'm tipsy." Wyatt reasons out. Each second that ticks by makes me piss off, and I want nothing more than to punch the person in front of me. "It's best if we just take a rest, and then we'll go wherever you want to go."

I try to pull away, but Wyatt wraps his arms around me, keeping me still. I look up at him through my lashes and see him looking at me with intense gaze. My eyes flicker from his face to his lips, and I catch him doing the same thing. Without saying anything, I lean forward and plant my lips against his.

As soon as our lips connect, fireworks begin to erupt in my stomach, and it sends all kind of electricity throughout my body, waking me up. Wyatt's lips are so soft and gentle, like a lips of a God, and it's sweet. A few moments later he begins kissing me back, his hand resting on my hip while the other one resting at the small of my back. Wyatt pushes me gently until my back collides with the wall, or maybe it's a door. I hear a jiggle of a knob, and immediately know that it's the bathroom door. He continues kissing me slowly and gently. I want to cry because of the feeling of his lips – it feels like I'm tasting heaven for the first time and all that forbidden stuff.

Wyatt kisses me with so much care that makes me feel like I'm a fragile thing, like I'm easily broken; his kiss makes me want to cry and pour my emotions out all at once. He moves his arms up and down my hips, and his other hand now begins caressing my neck, playing with the nape. I curl my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He then breaks the kiss and begins kissing his way down my neck. I tilt my head so he can have an easier and wider access, and I shut my eyes because his lips are so fucking good.

"Wyatt..." I let out a moan as he begins sucking the soft spot on my neck.

"Pierce," he murmurs my name and pulls me closer. Wyatt is now biting and tugging, nipping the skin on my collarbone. "What are you doing to me?"

"What are you doing to me?" I shot the question back to him. Wyatt doesn't answer. Instead, he keeps sucking on that sensitive spot that makes my eyes roll at the back of my head. "You have my fucking consent, Wyatt. You can do whatever you want with me. Fuck it."

I know that this is the drunk me talking, and there's an alcohol in my system, but fuck this. I don't want to play safe tonight. I may regret this first thing in the morning, but I'm not regretting it tonight. I'll probably scold and beat myself tomorrow, but tonight I don't care. I don't fucking care about anything. What's happening between me and Wyatt matters, and I want this. I want this. I want him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"You don't want to go to your home?" I shake my head. "Then let's go to mine."

I agree. And together, we ditch the school reunion party and run away like Romeo and Juliet. But we're not stupid enough to kill ourselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 48.7K 47
It was hard hating someone so much you start to obsess over them. Then again, it really was a small line between love and hate. Jason: I knew he saw...
75 5 10
Justin Cameron is a good kid, when he lands in detention he meets Jacob Harris. Jacob is the opposite of him, he's rebellious and is known as the sch...
8.1K 273 18
A closeted young man from a Caribbean country moves to America and ends up in the same college as his online crush yet unable to come to terms with h...
463 48 25
This is a story about 17-18 year old's lives and how who they are sometimes isn't accepted and how it really affects them. Its also about surprise, a...