When Will Anyone Understand?

By JuliaLupin

Do you think you know a thing or two about the half human, half animal creatures called nekos? Or are you con... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen- The Elegance Dance! <3
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Eighteen

118 10 5
By JuliaLupin

Ella's POV

The sound of laughter and fangirls fill my predatory ears. Being a wolf neko has it's advantages and disadvantages. Your senses are keen and strong, yet you can hear everything you don't want to.

Sam shuffles his feet nervously next to me, eyes wide. He scans the area with a uneasy aura. His tail droops a little, showing his discomfort. His eyes focus on me, a pleading look to return vivid on his face. He lowers his ears and gaze, letting a soft sigh of defeat out.

School is a place hated by many humans and nekos. Teachers force you to learn things against your will. Unless you like learning things, then sure go ahead. But this school lives for the drama and the drama only. The teachers gossip amongst each other and the students. I don't think anyone else could prove me wrong.

Heads turn as Sam and I make our entrance into the schools courtyard. Apparently we went up on the popular chart when we were gone. Loads of rumors had gone around about Brittany and Sam. Sam seems quite nervous under all of the gazes. I nudge his shoulder and give him a comforting look. He smiles softly and we proceed through the courtyard.

Whispers surround us, people in groups murmur amongst themselves. Little gasps and concerned gazes are sent our way, allowing for my curiosity to get infront of me. Sam seems to be taking this a lot harder than I am. He's shaking; with what, I'm not sure.

"Is that..?"

"It is.. hush, they'll hear you."

"Poor Sam..!"

"Ella is a lot tougher than she looks.."

"I wonder how Brittany is doing?"

"I wonder what's going to happen later!"

"JP won't be happy they're back.."

"Does this mean there will be a fight?"

"Ella seriously doesn't look amused."

"Sam is shaking! What a baby."

"Was Brittany seriously pregnant?"

I grab Sam's arm and pull through the crowd. An angry expression masks my concern for the younger male, scaring off a few students. My gaze is dead fixed on those doors and I don't care what it takes, I will get there. Sam allows me to drag him towards the door.

I finally reach my destination and look Sam right in the eyes. "Don't answer any questions. Don't run away, act strong for me. If you see JP, avoid him at all costs. You hear me?"

Sam nods softly, looking at his planner. "Alright. I need to go off to English now. Go ahead Ella, I'll see you later."

"Be safe." I murmur in reply, turning to face the opposite direction and make my way to my History class.

Walking down the halls is just as bad as it is outside. Everyone seems to have heard some crazy story or they're just genuinely curious. I hate being the center of attention and push my way through the crowds, making my way to my History class.

I get inside of the classroom and sigh under my breath. Everyone in this school is talking. I growl in annoyance, shoving past some pestering freshmen and sit down in my seat, focusing on my phone.

I go through my Twitter feed and see that the gossip is everywhere. I gained about 200 more followers while I was gone. Disgusting rumors flooded my feed and I closed out of that. I didn't even want to check Instagram.

Riley walks into the room and spots me quickly, running over. "Ella! You're finally back! How is everything?"

"It's quite annoying is the word for it. Everyone wants to know what went down at the Elegance Dance. Even those seniors who care about nothing. It's gross." My ears twitch in agitation, looking up at Riley.

"Yikes." She murmurs, eyeing the other students. "Well I'm glad you're back. Everyone's been pestering me and everyone else. It's annoying. They have nothing better to do."

"I know right." I roll my eyes. "They just need someone who's more interesting than them and boom, a 'school celebrity' is made."

Riley takes the seat to my right. "Agreed. School is such a drag."

The bell rings and the obnoxious students finally sit down. The teacher makes his way in, eyeing me and proceeding. The lesson is boring as usual, I almost fall asleep. My vision is focused on the board, my boredom obvious. The lesson takes around 45 minutes. The bell finally rings and I exit the class with Riley.

The school day flies by pretty smoothly, other than the rumors and the annoying students. My friends luckily had my back through the entire day. I think I could have lost it if they weren't there. My only concern is how Sam is currently.

An excited group of whispers greet my ears. I strain my ears and try to figure out what they're saying. I can't exactly hear it as I'm too far out of reach. Something isn't right, I can feel it. I send a concerned glance to my friends.

Pushing my way forward, the talk gets louder. I watch a couple people run towards the school doors, talking about something major going down. A sinking feeling in my gut tells me it's not pretty. I break out into a sprint and push through the doors.

Chanting and screaming harshly beats at my ears. I wince and try to find what's happening. A mass mob surrounds.. the fighting arena. I panic and run towards the arena, a dark look on my face. I shove through the crowd, knocking over quite a few people.

Standing in the middle of the arena, an injured Sam stands, facing a barely touched JP. Brett looks a little injured, siting on the sidelines. He looks frustrated, looking at Sam with a concerned look.

The air suddenly gets cold as I enter the ring. JP's fist freezes in mid-air. Sam turns around, his face quite beaten. The crowd suddenly erupts in roars and chants of my name. Sam smiles but his face goes into shock as JP delivers the punch quite harshly into his spine. Sam skids towards Brett, the Artic fox neko crying out.

My aura darkens, eyes flashing quite a fierce yellow. My ears lengthen as well as my tail, changing into a very dark color. My nails grow quite sharp into claws, gleaming in the light. A scowl makes it's way onto my face.

JP looks frightened for a moment, then sadistically grins. Sam's blood drips from his knuckles, taunting me to attack him. His hoodie lies on the side of the arena.

"You think it's acceptable to be pounding on kids younger than you?" I growl out, my voice echoing in the arena.

"Well," JP laughs. "If they're stupid enough to challenge me then yes."

I walk towards him slowly, cracking my knuckles. "You know what people like you need to do?"

"Enlighten me." He grins.

"People like you.." I quickly kick him in the back, sending him flying into a wall. "... Need to learn their place in life."

Cheers erupt as JP struggles to get up. He finally pushes himself up, brushing off the dust. His right knee looks weak, must have taken quite a lot of the damage. His right side seems to be scratched up from where it came in contact with the wall.

"You little bitch." JP growls out, his cat tail lashing.

"Atleast I'm not a kitten." I snort.

He charges at me, aiming a punch for my right shoulder. I quickly turn and kick him in the back of the knee, allowing him to fall to the ground. I kick upwards under his stomach, a sensitive spot, especially for cat nekos.

He clutches his stomach and I pace around him, like a wolf and their prey. He unexpectedly grabs my ankle and pulls me down the the ground. He delivers a swift punch to my stomach, a flinch stunning my body. He continues to attack from there. A punch to the right shoulder, a kick to the ride side.

I let out a growl and tackle him to the ground, punching his eye. He cries out in pain, trying to guard his face. I deliver a swift punch to his nose, feeling the bone crack. I kick him harshly in the chest, sending his body far away from mine.

A different presence appears next to me. I had an odd feeling it would be something like Sylvia. I turn my gaze to my left. A calico cat neko stands to my left, her auburn hair flowing behind her. An unamused expression covers her face, watching JP on the ground.

She turns to face me, seeming to keep tabs on my wounds. "You don't seem to be severely injured. I think you can push through this. My name is Ally."

I wince and nod in her direction, confused as to why she would come out here in the middle of a fight. She quickly sheathes her claws and stands next to me. I send a glance her way, realizing she was going to fight with me.

JP gets up and groans in frustration. "Now there's two again? You just love having people defend you freak."

I sprint forward and successfully land a blow into his stomach, sending him crashing into the wall again. "Atleast I can land a few major hits alone."

He struggles a little more this time with getting up. His knee doesn't seem like it can take another hit. He looks exhausted, taking deep and ragged breaths. He lets out a growl of frustration, running at me again.

In a flash, Ally kicks behind his weak knee, causing it to give out. He falls to the ground, groaning in pain. Ally stands proudly above JP, feeling like the fight was over.

He yanks her down, punching her in the gut. I immediately catch her and bare my fangs at JP. He laughs weakly, trying to get up again. I place Ally on the sidelines and crack my knuckles once more. I sprint up towards JP, hitting him right in the temple. He falls, unconscious, onto the rough gravel ground.

My friends pull me off of the ground and bring me over to Sam and Brett. My vision fades to black as I fall into nothingness once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 906 33
In this AU, people still have quirks. All over the world, 99.9% of people are human, and 10% have no quirks, leaving 8.9% with quirks and only 1% Nek...
10.1K 355 29
You are one of Nene Yashiro's friends. After helping Yashiro summon one of the Seven Wonders, your life spirals out of control. Fighting apparitions...
59.8K 1K 23
You're a neko who just so happened to catch the attention of the one and only, green bean and his evil side. Attention! - sorry to any male readers...
14.7K 833 25
Shiori was different from everyone else in her high school. It wasn't just her strange features that made her different. It was her. She was differen...