Contract Relationship | Jeon...

By _thekimskimchi_

[ BOOK 1 of Contract Relationship series ] [ ! ] warning [ ! ] Author note¹: I wrote this w... More

short info; casts; disclaimers
please read!
▪ ONE
▪ TWO
▪ THREE
▪ FOUR
▪ FIVE
▪ SIX
▪ SEVEN
▪ EIGHT
▪ NINE
▪ TEN
▪ ELEVEN
EXTRA ▪▪ ELEVEN
▪ TWELVE
▪ THIRTEEN
▪ FOURTEEN
▪ FIFTEEN
▪ SIXTEEN
▪ SEVENTEEN
▪ NINETEEN
▪ TWENTY
▪ TWENTY-ONE
EXTRA ▪▪ TWENTY-ONE
▪ TWENTY-TWO
▪ TWENTY-THREE
▪ TWENTY-FOUR
▪ TWENTY-FIVE
EXTRA ▪▪ TWENTY-FIVE
Christmas Special
▪ TWENTY-SIX
▪ TWENTY-SEVEN
▪ TWENTY-EIGHT
▪ TWENTY-NINE
▪ THIRTY
▪ THIRTY-ONE
Q&A [CLOSE]
▪ THIRTY-TWO
▪ THIRTY-THREE
▪ THIRTY-FOUR
answers
▪ THIRTY-FIVE
▪ THIRTY-SIX
▪ THIRTY-SEVEN
▪ THIRTY-EIGHT
▪ THIRTY-NINE
▪ FORTY
▪ FORTY-ONE
▪ FORTY-TWO
▪ FORTY-THREE
▪ FORTY-FOUR
▪ FORTY-FIVE
▪ FORTY-SIX
▪ FORTY-SEVEN
▪ FORTY-EIGHT
▪ FORTY-NINE
▪ FIFTY
▪ FIFTY-ONE
FINAL ▪▪ The Record
AFTERWORD
Q&A [CLOSE]
answers
▪ BONUS
a spin-off for GaEun and Jungkook [VOTE CLOSED]
CR : JJK Spin-off vote counts

▪ EIGHTEEN

1K 60 12
By _thekimskimchi_

[ edited with Grammarly ]

She was grinning at him, holding his hands as they ran around the field of greenery.

She looked happy, but why did he feel contentless? He felt empty. From emptiness to the feeling of sorrow. He couldn't deny that half of his feeling wanted to pull his hand away from her, but the feeling of emptiness did not mean he didn't miss her.

He wanted her to stop running while holding his hand...
He wanted her to stop smiling...
He wanted her to stop cheerfully cackling...
... like everything she did there, reminded him of their pasts.

They were painful.

He wanted to stop her...
He wanted to stop the fake sweet dream...
He wanted to stop all the fakeries...
They're his nightmare!

"Stop!" He finally managed to say, and that made the girl slow down her paces, slowing down the white skirt from bouncing against her knees, slowing down her bare feet from feeling the coolness of the grass beneath.

Her face started to frown, started to show the sadness which was supposed — for the boy — to be seen on her face.

The moment he saw her face, there was an urge that he wanted to cry. He felt empty, but he knew he missed her. He loved her but he hated her at the same time. He wanted to push her but there was a feeling that he wanted to pull her into an embrace.

But he did none...
He did not push or pull her;
He did not say he love her nor did he hates her,
He did not tell her he miss her or he tells her to go away either...
He stayed motionless...
He just stood there, looking at her as their hands slowly tore apart.

They stared at each other for quite a long, emotionally.

"Jungkook," she called. "Don't you miss me?"

The moment her question with a sweet voice of hers hit his eardrums, his chest felt tight. His throat felt the urge to let out something he wanted to say. His eyes got reddened which left him to have glassy vision afterward.

He wanted to speak...
He wanted to react...
He wanted to look at her...

But he couldn't.

"I miss you..." The girl expressed.

Tears finally escaped from his tear ducts, letting him show his emotions to her which he had tried hard to hide.

The girl walked closer to him and looked at the height of his eyes. She observed him as his tears flowed like a rainfall, his face grimaced as he sobbed.

The girl reached out her hand to wipe the tears that continuously rolling down his cheeks. But she could not stop them, and she knew it was her fault.

"Don't cry," she begged, but the harder Jungkook sobbed.

Finally, he let out his frustrations.

"Why did you leave me like that? Why did you have to do that to me?! To us! Why did you choose to end you, to end us that way? Why, Kang Gaeun? Why?!"

The girl flinched at every exclaimed question. She wanted to cry at every scold he did, but her soul did not let her.

"Jungkook..." Gaeun called him once again. "Are you happy?"

He could not answer the question. He was doubting his happiness too.

"Are you happy, Jeon Jungkook?" She asked again.

He eventually stopped sobbing as he stared at the girl's smile deeply.

"Are you happy?" Her question echoed through his ears.

"Jungkook-ah..."

"Jungkook-ah!"

Jungkook gasped and jolted up awake. His eyes widened as though he just got a shock. He did not realize his eyes and cheeks were wet.

"Yah," a familiar voice called him. "What's wrong with you?"

Jungkook turned around to find himself sleeping on a couch and then found Seokjin standing behind it.

He sighed, burying his head into his palm. He then sniffed.

"Yah..." The older called again. "You cried," he softly told and almost sound worried.

'I cried?' He lifted his face and found his palm was dampened by the substance that stuck on his face. He immediately wiped them clean.

Seokjin observed his cousin's behavior for a moment. He then asked, "you dreamt of Gaeun again?"

Jungkook's hand slowly fell on his thighs. He nodded his head slowly to tell him honestly.

Seokjin softly sighed. "She misses you."

Jungkook made a glance at the older by the corner of his dampened eyes. He gave the older cousin a short smile.

"Go back to Busan and visit her," the older advised, bitterly smiling at him. "Also, visit your parents," he added.

The younger looked down on the couch's dark brown cloth, trying to remember his advice. Seokjin then patted his shoulder before he left Jungkook alone in the living room, going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

As Seokjin's figure slowly disappeared into the kitchen, somehow, the question that Gaeun asked him was lingering in his mind.

"Are you happy, Jeon Jungkook?"

He even questioned himself about that.

He asked himself, muttered inaudibly, "am I happy?"

**********

The girl was looking away from her fiancé, crossing her arms, looking as though she was sulking.

"Jagiya, I'm sorry," the man begged but the woman did not show any response to him. Her eyebrows frowned, still sulking.

While on the other side, in the kitchen area, there was Nahee who was acting like nothing happened but she had heard everything.

She did not know what happened to her brother and his fiancée. She moved closer to her mother and acted like she was helping her.

She whispered, "what's happening to them?"

She stole a glance to observe one more time. The sight of Namjoon trying to feed his fiancée food disturbs her eyesight. She shook her head, thinking that her brother was being pushy.

"Your brother did something wrong and that happened," Mrs. Kim replied as she turned on the stove to start cooking.

"What did he do?" Asked Nahee again with eyebrows furrowed.

"He commented somewhere in Twotter? Sweeter? Quotter? What's the social media with a bluebird called again?"

"Twitter?"

"Oh yeah, Twitter!" Mrs. Kim said while adding ingredients into the sizzling saucepan. "He commented an artist is sexy and that was caught by social media's paparazzi. They released an article about him all ready for that. And Eerin saw it. It put her in a bad mood."

"Heol," Nahee expressed, making another glance at the couple. Namjoon was seen burying his face on the sofa, condemned because of Eerin's endless sulking. A bowl was in his hand, rested on his thigh.

"Your brother was drunk last night," Mrs. Kim told.

Nahee's eyes widened and made a silent gasp, "that means Namjoon oppa commented while he was subconscious?"

Mrs. Kim shrugged her shoulder. She let out a soft breath as she stirred the ingredients in the pan. She then instructed her daughter to take a pinch of salt and sprinkled it. Nahee did as told.

"I've known your brother for 28 years," Mrs. Kim said. She chuckled after that. "He's the type who'll grab a drink when he's sad or when he's too happy because of something."

Nahee laughed at Mrs. Kim's comment. What Mrs. Kim said was true anyway. Living and knowing Namjoon for 25 years for the younger girl was something she could expect whatever will happen. Somehow, being Namjoon's younger sister made her imagine he came back sober and mumbled slurred speech about how happy he was to become a father in 6 months.

"Ah, have you told your boyfriend to come over?"

Nahee who had been watching her mother cooking suddenly widened her eyes again. Talking about someone whom her family knowledge as her boyfriend had got her shy.

"Errr... He'll arrive soon," Nahee said. She remembered she sent Jungkook a text message and he replied with an 'okay' to confirm that he would come.

Typical Jungkook... She had known Jungkook for 5 months and a half, and she often saw him would reply to her with a short answer to something like when she wanted to see him at Seokjin's café or something.

Unless it's important or the conversation was interesting. Then, you can predict he would ask her a lot of questions and say many things.

Ding dong!

All of them who heard the sound made a short glance at the door and then at Nahee. Nahee weirdly smiled.

"Speaking of evil," she muttered as she walked towards the door and opened it. She then jogged towards the house gate and saw Jungkook standing outside, looking down at the ground.

Nahee opened the gate and smiled when both of them made eye contact.

"Come in," she said, welcoming him.

Jungkook stepped inside the area and waited for Nahee to close the gate after him. He heard the sound of the steel creaking and clanging as a sign that the door was shut. Both of them then walked together towards the house.

The man suddenly remembered the news that Nahee told him. And that was the reason for him to come to her house. It was to celebrate the news.

"Your brother's fiancée is pregnant," Jungkook said, starting their conversation as they walked. Nahee eagerly nodded her head, her face brightened and her eyes widened.

"Look who's becoming an aunt." Nahee smiled widely as her eyes created an eyesmile.

Both of them eventually arrived in front of the door. Nahee turned the doorknob and got in before Jungkook. After he went in as well, the girl shut the door and, saw Namjoon and his fiancé get up, welcoming an acquaintance.

Mrs. Kim came to the scene next, grinning at him to welcome him as well.

They smiled brightly at him. Jungkook then greeted and bowed, also showing a bright smile, "annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jeon Jungkook. Nahee's boyfriend."

Nahee's cheeks started to show a pink tint when Jungkook acknowledged himself as her boyfriend. She shyly smiled at her mother when she saw her was smiling at her, knowingly.

Mrs. Kim then diverted her attention to Jungkook. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jungkook! It's nice to finally meet you in person," she said. "I'm Nahee's mother."

"And this is Nahee's brother, Namjoon, and his fiancé, Chae Eerin," Mrs. Kim added, pointing at both figures who were standing beside her.

The couple then bowed. Eerin grinned widely at Jungkook while Namjoon was watching him as though he was describing him internally.

"Congratulations on the recent news!" Jungkook said, stretching his hand to shake Namjoon's hand. Namjoon stared at him for a while, but he eventually stopped when Eerin elbowed him, almost making him stumbled.

Namjoon stretched out his arm as well, to grab the younger's hand. He gave him a faint smile. As soon as they let go of their hands, Nahee's brother squinted his eyes, watching Jungkook as if he was trying to observe him closely.

Nahee, on the other hand, was creasing her eyebrows. She was wondering what was the reason for Namjoon acting like that.

"Ah, I've prepared something for Eerin-ssi," Jungkook raised a basket of nutritious fruits and a small bouquet. He gave them to Namjoon and he took them carefully.

"Oh my, you don't have to," Eerin said. Jungkook just giggled deeply while showing his bunny tooth and the corner of his eyes crinkled, his eyes shaped a crescent moon to form an eyesmile.

Nahee was happy to see her soon-to-be sister-in-law was happy, but she was not happy to see her brother's judging look. Or she was not sure if her brother was judging because it would be rare if he judges.

"Anyway, the foods are ready. Let's go and eat before the foods get cold," Mrs. Kim uttered.

Jungkook chuckled as Mrs. Kim got him and Eerin with her side by side. Namjoon and Nahee walked together and, the younger sister nudged her older brother to warn him to stop acting like a judge.

"What? I'm not judging. I'm just trying to remember him."

"The way you look at him will scare him, you know!" Nahee said.

"I think I've met him somewhere," Namjoon stated.

"I told you I got him from a coupling company. Just keep in mind that you might've seen his handsome face somewhere in an advertisement," Nahee grumbled at him, whispering but audible enough for him to hear. She looked angry at her brother since her face twisted in anger.

Namjoon seemingly accepted his sister's reason for a moment, but still doubting for it. Felt like a dejavú, he thought he remembered he met him somewhere with his companion back then, but he forgot where.

When they arrived at the dining table, each of them found a seat. Nahee - Jungkook - Namjoon - Eerin - Mrs. Kim. This was the order of their seat on a rectangular-shaped table.

Each of them helped themselves and enjoyed the meal together while having small talk and laughter.

**********

They finished their meals and now, they were relaxing in the living room. They talked more and enjoyed their company.

Eerin sat beside Nahee. She was still sulking over the matter that happened to Namjoon. Jungkook humbly sat on a solo couch, staying quiet for a moment and answering questions when needed. Mrs. Kim seemed to be smiling endlessly that day, she was happy to think that her family was completed.

But she knew Jungkook's appearance would not last long. He and Nahee were only in a contracted relationship.

Namjoon, on the other, stayed quiet, also quietly observing Jungkook talking with Nahee.

He wondered where he had seen him before...

**********

"Thank you for inviting me here, eomeoni," Jungkook said as he bowed.

Mrs. Kim gracefully giggled, "you don't have to thank me, Jungkook-ah. Thank Nahee, because she has been talking about you. She makes me want to see you a lot."

"What? When did I?!" Nahee denied.

The group then laughed except for Nahee, who was bewildered at her mother's statement.

Jungkook then excused himself to leave and Nahee accompanied him to his car. Both of them walked together and talked for a while.

"Eerin-ssi has been ignoring Namjoon-ssi when he teased her. Anything happened?" Jungkook asked without the intention of poking his nose into someone else's problem.

"Eonni is sulking," Nahee answered.

"And why is that?"

"Namjoon oppa was drunk last night. Social media caught him commenting on an artist's Twitter, saying she's sexy. It went all over the internet and Eerin eonni saw it," Nahee said. "Being an artist is hard."

Jungkook chuckled at her comment. At the time when Nahee uttered her opinion about being an artist, both of them had arrived in front of Jungkook's car.

The man pressed a button on a small remote control and the car gave out loud double beeps to sign that the car had unlocked. He pulled the door handle to open the door and then turned himself to face his girlfriend.

"Annyeonghigyeseyo*," Jungkook bade, leaning his chin on top of the door while swaying the door back and forth.

Nahee chuckled at his behavior and told him to get into his car if he really meant for his bid. Jungkook shook his head.

"I want something before I leave," he said.

"What?" Her simple question made him hum shortly.

"This." Jungkook leaned closer to Nahee's cheek and left a smooch on it.

Nahee was amazed at that unexpected kiss that just landed on her cheek. She felt the temperature inside her body radiating all of a sudden. She unconsciously stuck the tip of her fingers to the place where Jungkook just kissed her.

Jungkook grinned, seeing her cheeks getting pink tints on them. He knew that it affected her a lot in some kind of ways. Mostly, to be the one with no experience in a relationship.

We often see someone would smile when he or she gets a kiss from his or her lover or even kissed them back. But Nahee looked like she fell into a very deep ocean, looking blank and, as though a long beep crossed her mind.

"Annyeong**, Nahee-ya." Jungkook finally went into his car and slammed the door shut. He ignited the engine, pulling down the glass to see Nahee.

Nahee slowly looked at Jungkook and blinked her eyes multiple times before realizing he waved at her for a goodbye. She slowly lifted her hand and waved as the car slowly left the location.

"I got kissed?" She murmured. She turned her heels to go back to her house with a palm on the spot that Jungkook kissed.

_____________________________
|| A/N ||
*annyeonghigyeseyo — is a full form to bid goodbye. It is used when the 1st person leaves while the 2nd person stays.
Annyeonghigaseyo on the other hand is also the full form of goodbye but it is used when the 2nd person leaves while the 1st person stays.

**annyeong — can be 'hi' or 'bye' (a short form of annyeonghaseyo (fully translated as 'hello') or the above full forms of goodbyes

(These translations may not be entirely accurate. They're based on what I've understood and learnt on my own. Pls correct me if I'm wrong)

I would like to apologize if there are any grammatical and spelling errors.
Enjoy the story? Pls do vote, comment your feedback and share this book to other Wattpaders 💕😁😁

And you all crackheaders....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.9K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
300K 5.7K 29
{COMPLETE} A high school romance about a girl and a guy who find a new path to start their love. Hot bad boy jungkook meets new y/n at school and sta...
158K 6.3K 27
I just want him to notice me. Started: 18.11.27 Ended: 19.04.21 20k reads! 20.04.13 30k reads! 20.05.12 40k reads! 20.07.02 50k reads! 20.09 05 😭 60...
2K 102 16
He disappears everyday at 11:11 am. why? how? where? you don't know. But you want to find out. This is a story about Y/n (21 years old), who is an ad...