Seize the Miracle, Capture yo...

By JSBelard

Once, there was a cupid who fell in love with a mortal boy. The cupid made sure that mortal boy would find ha... More

Prologue
One (Teo)
Two (Teo)
Three (Clark)
Four (Teo)
Five (Clark)
Six (Teo)
Seven (Teo)
Eight (Clark)
Nine (Teo)
Ten (Teo)
Eleven (Clark)
Twelve (Teo)
Thirteen (Teo)
Fourteen (Clark)
Fifteen (Teo)
Sixteen (Teo)
Seventeen (Clark)
Eighteen (Ethan)
Nineteen (Teo)
Twenty (Teo)
Twenty One (Clark)
Twenty Two (Ethan)
Twenty Three (Teo)
Twenty Four (Teo)
Twenty Five (Clark)
Twenty Six (Ethan)
Twenty Seven (Teo)
Twenty Eight (Teo)
Twenty Nine (Clark)
Thirty (Ethan)
Thirty One (Clark)
Thirty Two (Ethan)
Thirty Three (Teo)
Thirty Four (Teo)
Thirty Five (Clark)
Thirty Six (Ethan)
Thirty Seven (Teo)
Thirty Eight (Teo)
Thirty Nine (Clark)
Forty (Ethan)
Forty One (Teo)
Forty Three (Clark)
Forty Four (Ethan)
Forty Five (Teo)
Forty Six (Teo)
Forty Seven (Clark)
Forty Eight (Ethan)
Forty Nine (Teo)
Fifty (Damien)

Forty Two (Teo)

32 5 0
By JSBelard

I don't know if she was letting me see that golden aura around her intentionally, or if it was because of the miracle brought by the pendant of Fate, all I know is that I had to be careful of that woman.

"Hey, Teo, what's wrong?" Axel nudged me.

"It's nothing..." I lied.

Peter's unit looked very neat and organized. He had that modern theme going on and it quite reminded me of how our Peter liked things simple yet classy.

It was quite a casual gathering, and Peter's guests didn't seem to mind how much younger we are to them. "So, how are your preparations for the finals going?" Peter asked me.

"I'm still quite nervous about it... I don't know if I'm already prepared for it..." I told him honestly.

"Do you need some tutoring?" Peter asked again.

"Ummm... I think I can manage." I replied. Damien would kill me if I accept that offer. Besides, Axel was already helping me study, and that was enough.

"I wouldn't take that offer, if I were you, Teo." One of Peter's friends said. "He might seem nice, but he's a terror. He doesn't have that much patience."

Peter only laughed off his friend's teasing. "Don't scare him, I might be his professor in the future."

"Really, you're in civil engineering, what year are you in?"

"First year..." I replied.

"How young..."

"Peter, you sure have changed. Weren't you interested in older women before? You've really changed your type, huh." Ela said as she approached me.

"You're making him uncomfortable." Peter complained.

"Teo is already dating someone." Axel said with a smile. "The campus heartthrob."

"That's too bad, Peter..." His friends teased.

"Don't mind them." Peter told me as he patted my shoulder.

I couldn't not mind them. Their teasing was making me uncomfortable. And even though I wasn't doing anything wrong, it made me feel guilty too.

It was a casual gathering. There were foods and some cocktails, and Peter's friends were playing some harmless party games.

Damien promised that he wouldn't take long, but was still missing-in-action. I tried to call him to ask where they are, but he wasn't answering my calls. I also messaged him, but he wasn't replying.

I was alone in one corner trying to reach Damien while everybody else was playing a game. "You know, Peter really had changed." Ela told me as she approached me. I wondered if she knew that I could see her supernatural aura. "I mean, he was involved in a traffic accident about two months ago, he was in the ICU for days, his family thought he wouldn't survive. Then miraculously, he woke up. He wasn't the same, though. He was brooding and serious before, but now he's outgoing, adventurous, and really positive all the time." Why is she telling me all of this? What is she trying to do? Should I confront her? "It was like he's a completely different person."

"What are you saying to him?" Peter approached us.

"Nothing..." Ela said and winked at me.

"She didn't say anything embarrassing about me, did she?" Peter sat down beside me.

"How long have you known her?" I asked him. It was a sudden question, but my curiosity was killing me. I wanted to know who that woman really is, and I won't let her manipulate me.

"Ela? Come to think of it, I really can't remember. She's a great friend though." Peter replied.

"I see..." I replied.

"Axel seemed to be enjoying the party." Peter chuckled as he pointed at Axel taking another cup of the alcoholic punch.

"He loves parties. I hope he doesn't get wasted this time, though." I sighed.

"What about you? Are you having fun? Don't like parties?" Peter asked me.

"I... I'm not good with crowds..." I admitted.

"Hey, you two! Stop flirting around and let's play a game." One of Peter's friend said.

Axel shot me a sharp glare. 'What are you doing?' He mouthed at me.

I hurriedly went to Axel's side, and somehow his constant staring made me feel guilty. "I didn't do anything..." I told him.

"You're too naïve... If you keep on acting friendly towards him, he might get the wrong signal. Do you really want to see Damien go crazy?"

"He isn't even answering my calls or texts..." I told Axel sulkily.

"Who? Damien?" Axel asked. "He said they're doing with some projects, right? Maybe he turned his phone silent so he can concentrate..." Axel sighed. "Fine, I'll ask Clark..."

Clark answered Axel's call immediately, he was also busy with schoolwork but he could answer Axel's call instantly, so why can't Damien do the same thing?

Is he angry at me because I went to this party without him? I know he doesn't like when I hang around Peter, but I still insisted on coming here. I'm such an idiot, why did I have to say yes to Peter?

"Do you think he's angry at me for coming here?" I approached Axel as guilt started to swell up inside me. "What should I do...?"

"I don't think, that's it... Axel said. "Clark can't reach Damien either..." He sighed. "Wait a minute..." He said as he fiddled with his phone. "Found him... he's busy studying..."

"How did you find him?" I asked Axel.

"I'm not sure if I should show you this..." Axel hesitated.

"What is it? Come on, tell me." I insisted as I pulled on him.

"Alright." Axel said as he pulled back his disheveled shirt. "Here, take a look." Axel said and showed me the screen.

There was a picture of Damien studying across the table, and when I saw the name of the owner of the IG account, I felt... jealous.

It was Elisse's IG account. And judging by the picture, they were together.

Why didn't he tell me that he was with Elisse? Why was he ignoring my calls and texts? More importantly; why are hey together? They don't even have the same course or attend the same classes?

"Let's go." Axel said.

"Where...?"

"Where do you think? You're obviously going to sulk the whole time because of this picture, and even though this is not my party, it's rude to kill the mood." He told me.

Axel approached Peter and told him that we were going. "It's already getting dark, are you sure you two would be alright?" Peter asked us.

"We're just going across the street, besides police visibility is a lot better now." Axel replied.

"Let me come with the two of you." Peter insisted.

"I don't think it's such a great idea..." Axel replied, and I elbowed him immediately. "I mean... you can't leave your own party."

"After what happened to Teo, I wouldn't be comfortable unless I know he is safe. Besides, you had a drink or two, right." Peter said.

"What are you talking about, I'm not yet drunk." Axel insisted.

"I'm not saying that you are. I'm just saying that you're not in your best condition to protect Teo alone right now." Peter insisted.

Axel gave me a look, asking me to say something. "Umm... you can walk us until the campus gate, we'll be fine once we're inside." Axel gave me wide eyes in protest and I shot him back a look.

"Alright, that sounds like a compromise." Peter agreed.

"You know, you didn't have to walk us all the way here, I could really protect Teo on my own." Axel said as we neared the gate of the campus.

"I'm not taking any chances." Peter replied. "After that failed attempt last week, that creep must be getting more desperate."

"Why are you so concerned about my friend anyway?" He asked.

"Hey, I'm right here. Don't talk like I'm not around." I complained.

"Because we're friends." Peter replied with a smile. "Right, Teo?" He added as he patted my head.

His actions surprised me. Peter's hand was big and warm, the same as the Peter I knew.

"Right..." I replied hesitantly as Peter ruffled my hair.

"Teo?" I turned my head and saw Damien walking towards the gate. Besides him was Elisse, walking very close to him. "What are you doing here?" He asked me as he walked towards me while glaring at Peter. "Can you get your hands off him?" He asked Peter sarcastically.

Peter removed his hand on my head and moved away. I guess he was just trying to avoid a confrontation with Damien.

Nothing good will come out if they both let their patience go anyway.

"You weren't answering your phone, so we came here." Axel replied. "Peter insisted on coming with us, because of what happened last week." He said carefully.

"What happened last week?" Elisse replied.

"It's none of your business." Axel replied flatly.

"Pardon him, he drank a little bit." Peter apologized to Elisse. "Anyway, I just walked with them here, to make sure Teo is safe." Peter explained to Damien.

"And you are?" Elisse asked.

"Peter, Teo's friend." Peter replied.

"His friend... I see... How sweet of you to walk him here..." Elisse added fuel to the fire.

"Let's go home." Damien said as he took my hand and pulled me away. "Can't you just avoid him? Why do you have to be so friendly towards him? He obviously wants something more from you." Damien complained to me as we walked towards the condo building.

"What about you? Why are you with Elisse? You don't even take any classes together, do you really even have to study with her? Why are two alone together? Why weren't you with Clark and James instead? Why weren't you answering my calls and texts?" I was surprised myself how impatient I sounded.

This must be how Damien is feeling when he sees me with Peter.

Damien stopped pulling me and stared at me with wide eyes. "Are you jealous of Elisse?" He asked me.

"Not really..." I replied impatiently as I avoided his stare.

"My phone died, I left my powerbank, Clark and James have some group projects, and Elisse just followed me to the library." Damien replied in a patient tone. "You're cute when you're jealous..." He added as he pinched my cheeks.

I frowned at him as took his hands off my cheek. It may have looked like that I was sulking instead because Damien just smiled at me.

"I said I'm not jealous..." I denied as my cheeks blushed and then I walked ahead of him.

When we got back to the condo, the receptionist approached Damien and gave him a package. "What is that?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure." Damien replied as he opened the box. Once he got a peek inside, he closed it instantly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"It's nothing." He replied, but I can see his face getting paler. Judging by his expression, I could tell that it wasn't nothing. He was trying to hide what was inside that package, and it was only making me more curious. "Let's go up." He said as he held the box tightly.

"Hey! Why did you leave?" Axel complained as he caught up with us. Peter and Elisse were just behind him. "It's so awkward walking with those two." He told us in a low voice.

We were all riding the elevator, everything seemed normal at first. Though we were all silent, things didn't feel tense at all. We were the only ones in the elevator; Damien was on the corner, holding that suspicious package, and I was standing beside him.

The elevator was about to reach the 20th floor and both Damien and Peter stepped forward, that was when the blackout suddenly happened.

Darkness enveloped the elevator as it came into a sudden stopped. I already lost my balance when it came into a sudden stop, but the sudden nudge from behind me made me stumbled.

I hit someone and it broke my fall. I could feel myself leaning on a sturdy chest as a pair of arms wrapped around me.

I should've fallen on the ground instead because when the power came back, I realized what a big mess I was in. Hitting the floor would be a lot more bearable than being in that situation. Sure, it would hurt a bit, but at least it wouldn't give Damien any reason to be angry.

When I looked up, instead of Damien smiling down on me, it was Peter's face that I saw. "Are you alright, Teo?" He asked in such a caring tone. Our faces were so close to each other that I felt his breath when he spoke.

I don't think I would be fine after this...

I thought nervously as I felt Damien's gaze burning holes all over me.

Why do I always have to be caught in such compromising situation with Peter by Damien?

Once or twice might be a coincidence, but after that third time, I was sure that it was more than that. I was sure that Gaia was behind it.

She wouldn't send that doppelganger without a reason. There was suspicious about the whole thing. I mean, both The World and Fate seemed to be involved in him, that's why I decided, I must know who that Peter really is. Just what is he?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180 38 9
"will you be there, even if the world was falling apart.....will you be there?" i asked. All i wanted was to feel okay, to finally be able to be free...
16.9K 1.2K 25
CARE for someone, SACRIFICE for someone, HELP someone without expecting anything in return, is it possible? Yes it is, but what if they fall in LOVE...
12K 469 25
There's no place like love...there's no place like love............there's no place like love/ Follow Jason on his journey to falling in love with hi...
214K 11.5K 32
Arthit let Kongpob walk out of his life three years ago in the cheer hall where it all began, coming to a full circle. So, how do they move on from...