Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

By poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

37.

4.8K 76 200
By poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

I walked out of the DX and to Steve and Soda who were just now shutting the garage. Soda looked to me and threw me the keys.

I made my way back to the door and locked them. As Soda walked back over I tossed the keys back to him.

"I'm going to stray off to pick up Evie, I'll met you two back at y'alls House" Steve Said, waving to us and walking the opposite way.

Soda and I waved to him as we continued to walk.

"You excited for tonight?" Soda smiled big.

"Of course" I chuckled "you and Steve in a drag race? Totally not worried y'all are gonna get in a crash" I joked.

He rolled his eyes playfully "oh shush, we're gonna be fine honey".

"I know ... I just worry about ya sometimes, that's all" I smiled softly. Of course I worried about him, he was my boyfriend.

He pulled me to him by my waist "no need to worry Elliot, we'll be as careful as we always are".

"That doesn't give me any hope" I glared at him.

He looked down to me and smiled that small smile he did whenever he knew he got under my skin.

I shoved him away from me and rolled my eyes.

"I'm kidding, baby" he said and pulled me back to him. "You know i love you" he kissed the top of my head.

"I know" I sighed "I love you too".

We pulled up to the Curtis's house and Soda propped the door open for me. I walked in and no one was there of course.

Dallas, Pony, and Johnny were going to the drive-in. Two-Bit was probably out getting drunk somewhere and Darry was working late.

"Hhmmm what should I wear tonight?" I wondered aloud as I walked into my room.

I found a pair of jeans and pulled them out of the dresser. I then rummaged through my shirts until I found a dark red tank top.

I quickly changed out of my clothes and put on the new clothes.

I spritzed a little perfume on and put my hair up in a ponytail with my scrunchie.

I walked out of my room when I was finished, Soda walked out of his behind me.

While he was walking behind me, he took a hold of my scrunchie and pulled it out of my hair.

"Hey!" I whined and turned around, trying to snatch the scrunchie out of his hand.

He held it above my head "I like your hair down" he grinned and put the scrunchie on his wrist.

I pursed my lips "Yeah, yeah I know that".

"I'm gonna hold it for you and you are gonna keep your hair down at this race" he smiled.

"You are being really annoyin' today" I sneered.

He snickered "come on, Evie and Steve are waitin' outside" he said, placing a hand on the small of my back and guiding me outside.

"Evie!" I smiled as I saw her outside.

"Elliot, hey!" Evie smiled widely and hugged me as I walked up.

I hugged her back softly "I've missed you!".

"I've missed you too!" She said softly as we pulled away.

"I'll see you at the race, okay" Evie nodded.

"Alright" I nodded back. Steve and Evie climbed into Steve's car and Soda and I climbed into Soda's.

We drove behind Steve down to where the drag race started. "I'll see you after the race" Soda smiles to me.

I leaned over and kissed him "good luck" I smiled softly and pulled on the handle, letting myself out of the car.

I walked around the car and ran over to the place where everyone was standing and found Evie.

"Second Time right?" Evie asked.

I smiled and nodded happily "second time watching him race" I pointed out.

~*~

Steve was the one that won this race. Which I wasn't surprised. Soda was really good but so was Steve.

"Hey, congrats Steve" I grinned as him and Soda walked up to us after the race.

"Thanks Ella" he smiled as he wrapped Evie into a hug.

Soda pulled me into one to "Hey Dallas asked me to drop you off after the race" he whispered to me.

I groaned "he did? Dang I was hoping on spending tonight with you".

He pursed his lips "well, we can drop you off after you change?" He suggested.

I snickered "can't keep Dallas waiting, you know how he is".

Soda groaned "you're right, you wanna go now?"

"It's already pretty late so we probably should go ahead and get to Bucks" I said, kissing him softly.

He rubbed my back lightly, kissing me back until he pulled apart. "Ready?" He asked.

"Ready" I nodded. We said goodbye to Steve and Evie and made our way back to Soda's car. I got in the passenger and he got in the drivers side as always.

Soda drove me down to Buck Merril's place. It was booming with Hank Williams and people all inside.

"This is it" Soda turned to me.

"I hate this place. I hated it the moment I got here" I crinkled up my nose and turned to him.

"I remember that night, when I lit your cigarette for you" he chuckled.

"I remember that too" I snickered and leaned over, kissing him softly.

He gently cupped my face, kissing me back. I pulled away before it got too deep. "I gotta go" I said, opening the door and getting out.

Soda quickly leaned over and follows down the window "be careful! You never know what could happen at Bucks place" Soda called out to me.

"I'll be fine" I waved to him as I walked into the house. Of course there were people everywhere.

I weaved everyone through until I found Buck.

"Hey where's Dallas?" I yelled over the music and chatter of the people.

"Oh hey kid, what's up?" He yelled back.

"Where's Dallas?" I repeated, louder this time.

"Upstairs" he yelled back and slung his arm around some blonde broad.

"Thanks Buck!" I yelled back and walked back through everyone and ran quickly up the stairs.

I walked down the hall until I found the room Dallas usually slept in. I knocked impatiently on the door. I hated the smell of drunk people and parties.

Dallas opened the door a few seconds after, he looked tired but he still grinned and left the door open for me to.

I walked in and closed the door behind me "you doin okay?" I asked as he plopped down on the bed.

"Shepard cracked some of my ribs" he answered.

"Why?"

"I popped his tires" he said wearily.

I snorted "why in the world would you pop his tires" I asked sarcastically.

He shrugged "could you not be sarcastic right now" he rolled his eyes.

"What did you want me here for? It's late" I asked, sitting down on the bed.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Soda said you wanted him to drop me off here after the drag race".

Dallas took a hit of his cigarette and shook his head "I never told him that".

"Then why would he tell me that?"

"Maybe he couldn't stand being around you much longer" he snickered.

I punched him in the side and he winced "you wanna go there?".

"Try me" I hissed back.

Before we couldn't get into it more Buck busted through the door "two kids at the door askin for ya Dally" he said and left the door wide open as he left.

Dallas and I looked to each other before we made our way downstairs and to the door. Dallas opened it but I stood behind him.

When he opened it Ponyboy and Johnny stood there. Ponyboy was shivering and wet and Johnny look almost terrified but oddly cool at the same time.

"Okay kids, whatta ya need me for?" Dallas asked, standing and looking as tough as always, even with cracked ribs.

"Johnny killed a Soc" Ponyboy blurted out, shaking all over.

I was taken back by this. Little Johnny killed a human? I mean maybe he wasn't little, but Johnny would hurt a fly.

"Good for you" Dallas grinned.

"We figures you could get us out if anyone could. I'm sorry I got you away from this party" Johnny's lip quivered ever so slightly.

"Oh shoot kid, I was in the bedroom tryna get some sleep" he said and then motioned to me "until she got here".

I guess my mouth was hanging open a bit cause Dallas pushed my jaw up with his hand "close your mouth".

"Ponyboy are you wet?" I asked concerned.

"Y-y-yes-s" he stammered.

"Glory hallelujah" Dallas yelled and opened the screen door, pulled the two boys into the house. "You'll die of pneumonia before the cops ever get to ya".

Dallas dragged the boys (mainly Pony) up the stairs with me behind them. He pulled them into the guest room he was staying in.

Pony sat on the bed and Johnny stood next to him "gee, wish I had me a weed right now" Johnny blew a breath nervously.

"Take that shirt off Pony" Dallas ordered Ponyboy.

He slipped the shirt off and threw it in the floor. Dallas threw a shirt at him which looked ten sizes too big but he put it on anyways.

"It's probably a bit big, it's Bucks shirt" Dallas said as he handed Pony a jacket as well, which he also slipped on.

Dallas walked out of the room and came back with a few minutes. He handed Johnny a gun and a wad of cash. "Here" he shoved them at him.

"The guns loaded . For Pete's sake Johnny, don't point the thing at me. That's fifty bucks, that's all I could get out of Merril tonight. He's blowin from his last race" he purses his lips.
"Pony, do Darry and SodaPop know about this?"

Pony frantically shook his head.

"Boy howdy, I ain't itchin to be the one to tell Darry and get my head busted in" Dallas sighed.

"Then don't tell him" Ponyboy almost sobbed. I had wondered if something happened. Darry didn't like Pony to be out this late, I decided not to ask. I didn't wanna scare him even more.

"Listen Ponyboy, you cant ask me to keep somethin like this from SodaPop. I just can't I'm sorry" I furrowed my eyebrows. Soda and I didn't keep stuff like this from each other. Especially about Ponyboy. Soda loved his brothers so much and something like this would worry him to death.

The three looked to me "Listen Elliot, do you want the kids to get locked up?" Dallas pointed out.

I sighed and looked down, fiddling with my hands "fine, but if he asks. I'm not gonna lie to him, I've never lied to him and I don't intend to now".

Dallas started to tell the two boys where to go and how to get there but I zoned out. Johnny has told us the whole story but it still seemed so unreal. Like I was dreaming and I would wake up any second. Maybe i should go home now and see what happened.

I didn't wanna be too nosy though, ugh I hated not being able to tell the guys.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the boys where about to leave.

"Hold on" I said before they walked out the door "now listen here, you boys be safe okay. Don't be snooping around too much and -"

"Elliot we'll be alright okay, promise" Johnny cut me off.

I winced "alright, alright" I said but I pulled both the boys into a side hug anyways. "Now get goin" I shoved them away carefully.

They both waved to me and then thanked Dallas before they ran out the door and into the dark. I couldn't keep worrying about them. Those boy had become family, I didn't want anything bad to happen to them.

I sighed as we watched them leave "I should probably head back to the house to".

"Your not walking alone" Dallas looked at me like I was insane.

I was about to protest but he stopped me "I'll walk you on down there" he nodded.

He ran back up the stairs and within a few minutes came back down. With a shirt on.

I opened the door and walked out with him behind me. It was chilly out so I had on the top big zip up jacket that Soda gave me last year.

We began our short walk to the Curtis's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 78 10
hobie brown x reader fanfic two spider people fall in love and....just go and read the book >:(
1M 44.4K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
163K 2.3K 44
A teenage girl from Kansas spends the entire summer in her hometown Tulsa, Oklahoma visiting her cousin Steve Randle. She lays eyes on Tulsas bad boy...
14.7K 707 11
"tu bas mera hai ISHAN KISHAN...Ye baat apni choti dimag main ghusa le"~~