Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... Еще

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

36.

5.5K 76 120
poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

• 2 months later •

"Well school just started" Johnny pointed out.

"I know, I know" I sighed tiredly, I hadn't got any sleep the night before "I'm gonna grab the papers tomorrow on my way to homeroom and I fill them out after".

"Are you really goin through with this El?" Ponyboy questioned.

I nodded and heisted "I think so.." I shrugged.

"I can't tell if that was a yes or a no" Johnny cleared his throat.

"Oh good, I wasn't the only one who didn't understand" Ponyboy half-smiled.

I rolled my eyes "Hey Ponyboy, Who was that girl you were talkin to?" I said, Changing the subject.

Ponyboy's face turned a soft red color, he picked his hand up to his neck and rubbed the back of his neck softly. "Just a girl".

I chuckled "it's not just a girl, who is she?".

"That's Ponyboy's crush" Johnny teased him.

"Come on Johnny" he said embarrassed "she's a cool girl, we're just friends though okay" he said, nodding softly.

"What's her name?" I urged.

"Charlotte" Ponyboy answered "Charlotte Lapson".

"She's cute, you think she likes you back?" I wondered.

He shrugged "I never said I like her, Johnny said that" he pointed out, trying to cover up the obvious fact that he did like her.

"Look Pony, if you need help with a girl feel free to ask me okay. I know a thing or two about that stuff" I winked playfully.

He winced "Elliot ... you're not exactly someone I would think of to ask about that".

I scoffed "damn Pony, I may not be the girliest or the fanciest but I'm a girl and I understand that kinda stuff".

He chuckled "okay, maybe I will ... but I don't need it right now. I don't know if I like her, were just friends".

"Whatever You say Pony"I teased him as we got to the Curtis's house finally.

We walked inside and it was only us. "Wonder where Dally is" I wondered, going and setting my books down in my room.

"Yesterday he mentioned something about Lacey" Ponyboy grinned.

"Really!" I said a bit too excited as I walked back out my room and to the two boys on the couch.

Ponyboy raises an eyebrow "Yeah ... why are you so happy about that?" He wondered.

"Well I - I kinda talked Dallas into goin to see her" I shrugged as I sat down on the floor in front of the couch. I don't know why I always sat down on the floor.

"Why?" Johnny asked.

"Because I think she'd be good for him, I told him I thought he should give it a try again ... you know a relationship" I answered, leaning my head back on the couch.

"Maybe, I just hope he don't hurt her again" Johnny winced.

"I'm just tryna keep Dally in line, we both got responsibilities now. He can't be gettin into trouble with the fuzz anymore, him and I are in this alone and if something goes wrong I could have to go back to New York" I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Well, none of us want you to go back to New York" Ponyboy commented.

"Don't even worry about they Elliot, we ain't gonna let that happen" Johnny assured me.

I smiled "thanks boys. Hey I gotta shift down at the DX, you boys wanna walk on down there with me?" I asked, opening my eyes and standing up from my spot on the floor and walking back to my room, slipping on my DX blue button up shirt.

"Sure" Ponyboy answered for the both of them as they stood up.

I walked back out to the two and we made our way out the door. Johnny closed the door behind us and did the same with the gate. We then began our walk to the DX.

"Hey Ell, you wanna go to the movies later today?" Ponyboy asked.

"I'm sorry Ponyboy, I can't. Soda and I was gonna go down to the Dingo tonight" I half-smiled.

"Oh that's okay, what about you Johnny cake?" Pony then asked Johnny.

Johnny shrugged "I might be able to"

"That's alright guys, I'll probably just wait til tomorrow or something" Ponyboy shrugged as we got up to the DX.

"You boys gonna stay a while or head on back?" I asked as Soda walked out of the garage and walked over to us.

"Hey guys, hows it goin?" He asked.

"It's goin" I answered and shrugged. He wrapped one arm around my waist and kissed my cheek softly.

"Hey, were gon' get goin. We'll see you two later" Ponyboy said and waved to us as him and Jonny to turn around and began to walk back home.

"Bye guys" I waved to them, as did Soda.

"Alright, back to work Cola" I smiled to him and pulled away from his grip, walking inside the DX and to the cash register.

~*~

"Soda put me down!" I laughed as he spun me around, me threw over his shoulder on the walk home to the DX.

He laughed and set me down, wrapping an arm around my waist like he normally did.

"Hey Steve, is Evie coming with us tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course she is" he smiled "we're gonna pick her up along the way".

We were walking along the when we heard a yell coming from the street over.

"Darry! Soda!" The voice repeated, the voice that belonged to Ponyboy.

Soda looked to Soda and I and then we all three took off running in the direction pony's voice was coming from.

Steve got there first, but before we got there Two-Bit had scared the Socs back into the car.

Steve ran up to the passenger side window, Soda to the Drivers side, and me to backseat behind the drivers. While Two-Bit was at the backseat behind the passenger side.

We were yanking at the Socs, almost trying to drag them out of the car. But they got the doors shut and backed out quickly as Dallas showed up.

We all ran after the car but had no luck as Dallas picked up a stick from the middle of the road and threw it as best he could with no luck of hitting them.

"Are you alright Ponyboy?" Darry asked, shaking him almost frantically.

"I'm okay. Quit shaking me, Darry I'm okay" Ponyboy said.

"I'm sorry" Darry replied and quit shaking Pony.

SodaPop ran over to Ponyboy and Darry "you got cut up a little, huh, Ponyboy?"

I walked over to Two-Bit "hey Two-Bit what happened?" I wondered since he was the first person there to help Ponyboy.

"All I know is I heard him callin for Darry and when I got over here a bunch of Socs were surrounding him" he replied as we walked back over to the group, the group Johnny was now joining.

"Hey Ponyboy, you alright?" I asked "you got cut up a bit" I replied to my own question, looking down to his neck.

"Yeah, but I'm fine really" he shrugged, continuing to walk with his two brothers.

We all walked up to the Curtis's house steps and sat down.

We passed around a carton of Cigarettes and each took one, except Soda of course. I had a bad habit of smoking, I had been smoking a lot more lately than I normally do.

I took out my lighter and lit my cigarette. Dallas plucked the lighter out of my hand and used it for his.

"The kids okay?" Dallas asked.

"I'm okay" Ponyboy assured him "I didn't know you were out of the cooler yet, Dally".

Oh yeah, Dallas got put back in jail for fighting again. "Good behavior. Got off early" he answered, handing me back my lighter.

"Nice lookin bruise you got there kid" Two-But said, looking up to Ponyboy.

He touched his cheek softly "really?" He asked.

"Nice cut, too. Makes you look tough" Two-Bit added.

"hey, What were you doin, walkin by your lonesome?" Steve asked, flicking some ashes off his cigarette.

"I was comin home from the movies. I didn't think ..." Pony trailed off.

Darry picked back up for him "you don't ever think. Not at home or anywhere where it counts. You must think at school with all those good grades you bring home. And you've always got your nose in a book, but do you ever use your head for common sense? No sirree, bub. And if you had to go by yourself, you should've carried a blade" Darry nagged at him.

I felt bad for Ponyboy, Darry really did care about him he just had a weird way of showing it. Ponyboys Real sensitive, even if he won't admit it.

Soda looked to Darry "leave my kid brother alone, you hear? It ain't his fault he likes to go to the movies and it ain't his fault the Socs like to jump us. If he had been carrying a blade it would've been a good excuse to cut him to ribbons" he said, defending Pony.

Darry glared at Soda "when I want my kid brother to tell me what to do with my other kid brother, I'll ask you — kid brother"

"Next time ask one of us to go with you, okay Pony. Any of us would go" I said.

"I'm walkin' over to the nightly double tomorrow night. Anybody wanna come and hunt some action?" Dallas spoke up, throwing out his cigarette butt.

"Me and Soda are takin Evie and Elliot to the game" Steve shook his head and looked up to Ponyboy.

Ponyboy piped up "Me and Johnny'll come" he said and looked to Darry "that okay?"

Darry nodded "since it ain't a school night".

"You break up with Sylvia again?" Steve asked Dallas.

I didn't like Sylvia. She was dirty, I could almost call her a tramp. Dallas has picked her up over the summer and they were on and off again. But I looked down to his hand and his ring was back on.

Dallas leaned back "little broad was two-timin me while I was In jail" he answered.

"She wasn't good for anything anyways" I mumbled.

"We all know what you think" Dallas rolled his eyes.

I sneered at him "maybe if you didn't pick up such dirty broads you wouldn't".

"Oh shut your trap" Dallas glared.

"Don't blame me for your mistakes" I glared back with equal intensity. Dally could be cold and have that look in his eyes, but so could I. After all we are siblings.

"Oh stop fighting" Two-Bit interjected.

Oh yeah, Dallas and I had started fighting a lot to. Especially because of Sylvia. One time she told Dallas that she didn't like me and she wanted him to spend more time with her than me. And he didn't do shit about it. He didn't exactly listen to her though, Dallas didn't listen to anyone.

"I outta go, my sisters gettin off work about now and I gotta pick her up" Two-Bit stood up and walked off down the road.

Soon enough all the gang had taken off to wherever they all and we were all inside.

Soda was giving Darry a back rub and Pony was in his room doing homework probably. I walked into Pony's room and sat on his and Soda's bed.

"You doin alright kid?" I asked.

He nodded "I'm okay, really".

"Alright" I said, not really knowing what else to say. Silence came between us but we had understood that we didn't really care to talk anyways.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

180K 5.2K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
755K 8.9K 91
Bellamy Blake x Reader May sometimes contain smut, so please be warned Also, will be graphic at some parts There will be spoilers ...
181K 3.2K 28
Asha has been friends with the gang for as long as she can remember. She loves Dally and feels special when she's with him. Then she finds something...
8.4K 287 36
𝒀/𝑵 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒐𝒊𝒅 𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 "𝘽𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡... 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩..." 𝘠/𝘕 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦�...