Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

By poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

31.

5.5K 86 41
By poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

"Elliot. PST, Elliot" a far away voice whispered "Elliot!".

I was snapped out of my daze as I searched for who was calling my name to see Cole.
"Oh Cole, hey".

He chuckled "hey, I haven't talked to you in a while. I mean after everyone said you were dating SodaPop and all..." he trailed off.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry Cole. I should've said something to you" I said awkwardly.

"Hey don't worry about it, it's cool. I can tell he really cared about you" he nodded. I forgot when Soda got jealous about Cole asking me on another date.

"I just wanted to see how you're doin" he smiled softly.

"I'm good, and yeah Soda and I are there together" I rubbed the back of my neck.

"That's good..." Cole said.

I was so glad when the bell rang because this was getting really awkward. I waved him goodbye and walked out of my last period.

I walked to the front steps to see Johnny, Ponyboy, Steve, and Two-Bit ... and Dallas?

"Hey guys ... and Dallas" I said, raising an eyebrow as my eyes trailed up to Dallas who was standing against a car.

"Hey kid sister" Dallas responded "I came to pick you knuckle heads up".

I grinned "Hey kid brother, sounds good." I nodded as we piled into what I assumed was Bucks car.

"Hey Dallas" I said as I got into the front seat "we should do something today, you and i. Sister, brother bonding like old times" I suggested.

"Sorry kid, Buck and I got a party to go to" he said, dodging the fact that I want an evening with him.

I glared at him "you can't skip one party to spend time with your sister?".

He looked at me and did a double take "alright, alright. What did you have in mind?".

"I don't know ... actually I know a good place" I smiled.

"Okay, me and you tonight then" he nodded as he continued to look ahead at the road and pulled into the Curtis's driveway.

"I'm gonna change and then I'll be ready" I said as I hoisted myself up and out of the car without opening the door.

We all walked into the Curtis house where Soda sat on the couch.

"Hey Soda, what're ya doin home?" Ponyboy asked.

"Got off work early" he replied.

I walked to my room and set my books down before walking back out. I walked to Soda and kissed him softly after sitting next to him.

"Hey I was thinkin we could go do something tonight. You and I" he smiled.

"Soda I'd love to, but Dallas and I are gonna go do somethin. Made plans on the way back from school" I half smiled "how about tomorrow?".

He nodded "tomorrow it is" he said and lightly cupped my face, leaning in and giving me a soft kiss.

"I'm gonna go change" I said and got up from my spot on the couch. I walked back to my room, closing the the door behind me.

I changed into a new, clean, pair of jeans and a white MTV shirt.

After changing I walked back out of my room. "I'll see you later Soda" I said and waved to him as I walked out the door.

Dallas was still sitting The the car. I walked up to the drivers side "scoot over, I'm drivin" I grinned.

He raised an eyebrow at me "I don't trust your drivin".

"You'll learn to" I offered "I'm a good driver Dal, I promise"

He groaned "fine" he said and scooted over to the passenger seat.

I bit my lip and climbed into to the drivers side.

I started the car and pulled out into the road.

"Where are you takin us?" Dallas asked.

"You'll see" I responded as I continued to drive.

It took me about 30 minutes of driving before we reached where I was driving to. I parked at the edge of the woods. Cole was the one to introduce me to this place, we came here on our one date.

"What are we doin here?" Dallas wondered. He was never really up for this kinda stuff.

"I wanna show you somethin" I responded, shutting the car off and hopping out of the car.

Dallas did the same from the passenger side and pulled out a carton of cigarettes. Once we were besides each other, he offered one to me.

I took one out and he put the carton away. He pulled out a lighter and lit his before holding the lighter to mine. I took a hit of it and then blew it out.

"Follow me" I said, beginning to walk into the woods.

He sighed and followed me into the woods. We walked for a few minutes until we made it to a small clearing. It looked exactly like I remembered it.

We stood there for a moment until I walked over to the the edge of the cliff and sat down. Dallas came up next to me and did the same.

"So, why'd you wanna see me kid?" Dallas asked, hitting his cigarette.

"I can't just hang out with my brother?" I wondered, flicking ash off my cigarette. I sighed "actually no, we need to figure this out"

"Figure what out?" He asked looking over to me.

"What were gonna do, I'm not gonna be able to live with the Curtis's my whole life. They're all gonna move onto better things and I came here to live with my brother." I finished.

He nodded "you're right, I told you we would figure this out. I'm gonna get a job and I'm gonna help save up for a house okay" he nodded "I'm sorry Ella, I know I've been all over the place lately. I'm not use to havin my sister around, or any family at that" he purses his lips.

I winced "I know, but Dallas we both gotta better ourselves ... you know I don't think you need someone to be happy but maybe you'd be happier with someone. For example Soda keeps me stable now... maybe Lacey?".

Dallas groaned in frustration "I ruined that Ella, I'm done with Lacey and that's that".

"Dallas, from what I've seen she'd be good for you. Ponyboy told me some about her. I'm not sayin you need to or anything ... but maybe you should go see her sometime" I offered.

"We'll see" he said, taking a long hit of his cigarette "hey uh, how are you 'n SodaPop doin?" He wondered.

I smiled softly at the thought of him "he's made me soft Dal, he really has. I adore him."

"You uh, you think y'all are gonna get married?" He continued wondered.

I chuckled "I mean I don't know Dal, we're only sixteen. Most people don't get married til at least eighteen, Ponyboys still goin through high school. Why is everyone bringin up marriage lately" I crinkled up my nose "plus, I don't know if im ever ready for that."

He chuckled "maybe you're just scared to get married" he pointed out.

"Do you blame me?" I sighed "I'm too young and nothing lasts forever ... maybe even not Soda and I" I shrugged.

"What'd ya mean?"

"I mean, I love Soda. But ... I guess I'm just afraid that he's gonna change his mind. I don't know okay!" I crinkles my nose.

"Okay, okay just know I like Soda a lot more than Mason" he raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"What does that mean" I asked, looking over to him and continued to take hits of my cigarette.

"Masons always had a thing for ya Ella, your just too caught up in SodaPop to see" he said, popping the p in SodaPop.

"Mason is not into me" I pursed my lips.

"He is" he grinned, knowing it was getting to me.

"No, he's not" I hissed.

"Whatever you say" he continued to look over the cliff.

"Whatever. I still think you should give a shot at Lacey"

He glared at me "Whatever" he grumbled "we'll see"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

934 79 10
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, a strong hatred for one another gradually blooms into something much more then friendship.
14.7K 707 11
"tu bas mera hai ISHAN KISHAN...Ye baat apni choti dimag main ghusa le"~~
745K 8.9K 91
Bellamy Blake x Reader May sometimes contain smut, so please be warned Also, will be graphic at some parts There will be spoilers ...
768K 25.9K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...